Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the presser and IMO ET is in grave danger.Tad is now on the top 10 most wanted list at TBI,he lost his teaching job ,and all his family knows.He has nothing left to lose.He has firearms with him,which leads me to believe he is desperate to get away.My fear is that this girls life will not be spared by him,if it all goes down.I think at this point he has risked a lot and he counts her as being his to keep.From the looks of his recent pictures,he looks like he has let himself go as far as grooming goes.I can't believe a 15 year old would be content in this situation and so far from family and friends.I think she is probably very scared.Let's hope he comes to his senses and lets her go,
I see it a slightly different way, imo.

Yes, ET is in grave danger and TC may think he has nothing to lose. Where we differ is that --- speculating here --- he may be isolating her from news sources. For example, he may have no smartphone but, instead, be using a burner flip phone. Perhaps (again, I'm speculating here) that is one thing he bought at Wal-Mart.

If they're driving, they may be listening to music. Or Bible-themed audiobooks. Or Christian talk radio (not news).

Their time spent completely together and alone can work to bond her to him even more closely so that she isn't afraid at all. She may feel loved and safe (in her mind) and blindly loyal.

Where I feel she is in greatest danger is if --- when they're finally caught (or at least cornered) --- he convinces her to "be united to him forever" by entering into a suicide pact.

Again, this is all speculation.

Given he considers himself a Super Christian, he could be filling (or continuing to fill) her head with all kinds of scripture that he twists to justify their relationship. At her age, and with the instability in her young life, she may finally feel loved (though this isn't love) and safe (though this isn't safe) and happy to have been "rescued" (her perception).

While we are frightened for her, I'm not so sure she's frightened. This may be the first time in her life she feels she has power.

All imo, moo, and so on.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Those recent pics of him make me wonder what a 15 year old girl would ever see in him. My 18!year old daughter would say "he's old".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Honestly I'm 36 and he grosses me out I don't think even many women his age would find him attractive MOO

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

That's what I'm afraid of too. The low number of tips his increase in charges I just don't see any reason he'd want to come home. I pray I'm wrong and she's strong enough to escape him eventually. I hope that maybe being with him 24/7 will be too much pressure and she'll come home.

The reason for low number of tips, is that people think this case is way "overblown"- not like
in the Delphi murder case where there's thousands of tips, and should be !!!-psychopath on
the loose, and very dangerous one.

BBM

I guess I must be missing something here, as the posters on here, are calling
this guy a pedophile, and kidnapper. Firstly a pedophile is someone who targets
kids, say in the 4 - 11 year old range. This girl is post puberty, and not a kid, so
this guy is no pedophile. Also from what I've read, she went with him on her own
volition- he didn't handcuff her, and throw her in his vehicle. All he should be guilty
of, is having sex with a minor.
In Canada, the legal age of sexual consent was 14 yrs old ( changed 2 yrs ago)
and in many other countries it's 14 yrs old. Most of North America from 1950 and
before lived on farms where girls got married at 14-15 yrs old, and started their
families.

Yes I think we have to draw the line somewhere-like an age of 14, 16, or whatever,
to protect young girls in this complex society. With that being said, I think this
guy is likely harmless
with no criminal record, and they are making a Mountain out
of a Mole Hill. I can't believe he's on the FBI's most wanted list. I guess if having
sex with a minor qualifies you for that-the list should be a lot bigger.
They will catch this man, and girl- but I think to big a deal is being made here,
and sleuther's should look at real crimes, like the Delphi murders, of 2 innocent
young girls.-That's MO

Your information on "most of North America" concerning age of marriage is not true for the U.S.

https://www.census.gov/hhes/socdemo/marriage/data/acs/ElliottetalPAA2012figs.pdf

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0005061.html

https://historymyths.wordpress.com/2014/07/06/myth-136-women-married-very-young-in-the-olden-days/

Tad Cummins is on the TBI's Top 10 Most Wanted, not the FBI's Most Wanted.

I disagree with the idea that Tad Cummins is "likely harmless". This is what the TBI had to say today regarding Mr. Cummins:

Investigative efforts, over the past few days, continue to reveal a troubling pattern of behavior on the part of Cummins, and indicates he potentially planned this abduction prior to Monday. Nothing investigators have learned about Cummins or his intentions for the young girl since issuing the AMBER Alert calms the imminent concern for Elizabeth’s well-being. In fact, it only heightens it

https://tbinewsroom.com/2017/03/18/amber-alert-update-3-elizabeth-thomas/

The reason for low number of tips, is that people think this case is way "overblown"- not like
in the Delphi murder case where there's thousands of tips, and should be !!!-psychopath on

I don't think this case is overblown. Every time I see the story cited on the internet, parents everywhere seem horrified by the facts being released. Commenters appear to take it very seriously that a 50 year old man with two guns ran off with a 15 year old student. In terms of receiving a small number of tips, I do think the case didn't get a huge burst of publicity early on. I live in the Midwest and read multiple newspapers every day and I didn't even hear about it until I clicked on a CNN headline this afternoon.

YES. A million times over. Yes.

Adults, especially adults in a position of authority, cannot cross these lines. They are in a position of influence with kids who are often in a very insecure stage of life. And they hold authority/power. It's an absolutely unhealthy and illegal dynamic regardless of the gender of either party.

Websleuths is a victim-friendly forum.

ET is a victim and she is in danger.

NO victim blaming. ZERO TOLERANCE.

Posts have been removed.

Please post in accordance with The Rules
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?159-The-Rules.

Failure to do so may result in a loss of posting privileges.

Thank you.

15 is young.... I am disgusted by the people who try to make her an adult an the innocent.... WTF????

I think he's very dangerous he has 2 weapons with him that's one reason he's on the TBI most wanted list plus he's a teacher there's boundaries he was not supposed to cross and by doing so he's a danger to minors IMO

I completely agree! Just think about the difference between a 14/15 yo girl and one who is 17/18. Seems like a big difference to me.

Not that a 50 yo man picking up an 18 yo girl is not creepy.... just less creepy, IMO.

Sorry, but no! She's 15. She may have went with him willingly but he's 50!! There's nothing harmless about this! If it was so harmless then why aren't they out in public professing their love? Why, because it's wrong. If he didn't feel it was wrong he wouldn't be on the run. Period. Moo

Also, if I hadn't been following this here, wouldn't have known about until today when DFW media finally picked it up.

Honestly I'm 36 and he grosses me out I don't think even many women his age would find him attractive MOO

Those grocery store pics of him...yuck!
Of course, you never know when or where you'll run to a pervert. Even in places most people would hope that they would not have to worry about running in to one. I would venture to say that even the sick creepy disgusting one who preyed on Mary Catherine let some things slip in casual conversation which set off warning bells for an astutite listener. Unfortunately, society conditions us to assume that most people, even ones with sick perversions, would not actually carry out their criminal fantasies. That's how they get away with it. By working the odds that no one will realize how sick they are until it's too late to prevent them from ruining their innocent victim's life or even murdering them. Thank God we have laws against having sex with children in this country.

You keep referencing the Delphi girls. Libby is only 1 year younger. IDK ET birthday but what if she recently turned 15? Libby was 14. All of these girls are VICTIMS just because the last we know ET is alive doesn't make Tad any less dangerous. MOO

There's some interesting comments on the SIL's FB. Seems a few more of Tad's female students are upset ET is getting sympathy. I don't know who it was but an earlier poster here said they wouldn't be surprised if he had more victims come out after this and I'm afraid they are probably right.

His wife will spend the next few years wondering if her entire married life was a lie.
That alone is enough to drive you crazy!

She will wonder if her friends will treat her the same. (Some will; some will not). She will grieve the loss of TC because the TC she knew and loved was a lie. She will question everything.

I am choosing to believe she is a strong person and will be able to walk through the next 12-24 months.

Though nothing criminal, my ex put me and my boys through something similar after 23 years of marriage and 29 years together.

My heart breaks for her.

MOO

When it comes down to it, TC knows that what he's doing is against the law and he doesn't care. It wouldn't be any different if he had picked up some 16 or 17 year old girl who went with him willingly. It's still against the law. You can't avoid getting into trouble for robbing a bank by telling the police that the teller willingly handed you the money so it wasn't a crime. He was in a position of authority here, and he abused it.

I think they are either staying in the vehicle in a camp ground, or rest stop, or deserted barn/house. With the cold weather, they would need to either be in a warmer state, or are sleeping in the car with the heater. I think those cars have the seats that fold flat, and would be large enough to lay down.

Now, as much as Mary Catherine was using SM, I wonder how long those arrangements are going to satisfy her? No contact with friends, siblings, family? She's 15. She's going to quickly realize she misses people and things. I know when my kids were teens, and that was before all the smart phones etc, removing a cell phone for the weekend, or taking away their freedom to go see a movie, sports game, etc with a friend for a week or weekend was enough to send them into a hormone induced rage. Oh the times I heard " so and so's parents lets them do so and so" "I hate you!" etc during these turbulent years.

Praying tonight for a safe return!!!

I don't think they have been spotted at all. The Decatur, AL, location was from her phone ping.

synchronicity - I was reading this thread when the local news (Bay Area) featured an interview with her father. Glad it's making the news all over.

When it comes down to it, TC knows that what he's doing is against the law and he doesn't care. It wouldn't be any different if he had picked up some 16 or 17 year old girl who went with him willingly. It's still against the law. You can't avoid getting into trouble for robbing a bank by telling the police that the teller willingly handed you the money so it wasn't a crime. He was in a position of authority here, and he abused it.

Exactly, you said what I have been thinking all along, he knows how wrong this is and he doesn't care! I have no idea if he has been a wolf in sheeps clothing for a long time, but going from his facebook "likes" or "subscribed" he changed about 8 months ago. I think he possibly has had some sort of mental breakdown and is very disturbed and dangerous.

I guess I must be missing something here, as the posters on here, are calling
this guy a pedophile, and kidnapper. Firstly a pedophile is someone who targets
kids, say in the 4 - 11 year old range. This girl is post puberty, and not a kid, so
this guy is no pedophile. Also from what I've read, she went with him on her own
volition- he didn't handcuff her, and throw her in his vehicle. All he should be guilty
of, is having sex with a minor.
In Canada, the legal age of sexual consent was 14 yrs old ( changed 2 yrs ago)
and in many other countries it's 14 yrs old. Most of North America from 1950 and
before lived on farms where girls got married at 14-15 yrs old, and started their
families.

Yes I think we have to draw the line somewhere-like an age of 14, 16, or whatever,
to protect young girls in this complex society. With that being said, I think this
guy is likely harmless with no criminal record, and they are making a Mountain out
of a Mole Hill. I can't believe he's on the FBI's most wanted list. I guess if having
sex with a minor qualifies you for that-the list should be a lot bigger.
They will catch this man, and girl- but I think to big a deal is being made here,
and sleuther's should look at real crimes, like the Delphi murders, of 2 innocent
young girls.-That's MO

Several years ago, in southern Ontario, when the age of consent was 14, I had the opportunity to speak with a police officer about it. He told me of several instances of runaway or street kids who were 14-15 located to be with men 30, 40 or 50 years old. The worst part about his job he said, was that there was nothing he could do to the adult male manipulating the young girls staying with them (and all his fellow officers felt the same way) so they focused their energies on getting the girls resources and encouraging them to get away from the men and seek help. At such a young age, girls (and boys) need decent and moral people in their lives despite whatever twisted laws are in place allowing adults to take advantage of them. This most definitely is a REAL crime.

Regardless of the age of consent, many (most?) states have laws that make it illegal for teachers to have sex with their students (EVEN IF THE STUDENT IS 18!!!). Teachers are authority figures and cannot interact with their students like this.

I bet the school board is paying their attorneys a nice sum of cash right now trying to manage this nightmare. I understand teachers can't be put on administrative leave for every allegation that is made, but when it's the welfare of a student (in my state it doesn't matter if the student is 18) action should be taken immediately while it's investigated. The day the accusation was made, the teacher should have been put on paid leave, the parents should have been contacted, and the investigation should have started. If anything, it's the school just doing CYA in case it got leaked to the media. Obviously, student welfare should be first concern, but close second is keeping a low profile in the media. It doesn't surprise me one bit the school board tried to keep this under wraps. And now they have a nightmare on their hands AND a potential huge law suit by the parents.

Wonder if TC has family/friends that might assist him in change of vehicles, shelter, funds, etc. I understand he is smart but IMO street smart is what counts when breaking the law. I would bet $100 he is being assisted by at least one person, possibly two depending on his short and long term plans. I also think he planned the first 30 days down to a science. He did not leave until he knew the odds were stacked in his favor. Clearly LE would know within a matter of hours so he needed to have a solid plan as well as people in designated locales.
MMO

I completely agree! Just think about the difference between a 14/15 yo girl and one who is 17/18. Seems like a big difference to me.

Not that a 50 yo man picking up an 18 yo girl is not creepy.... just less creepy, IMO.

BBM

And less illegal!

wow, it says Wife.[h=2]Elizabeth Thomas[/h] CHS | class of 2019. Wife💍

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads