Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #15 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After ET had been missing for a few weeks i actually thought maybe they had got in with some cult type religion or something that might have hid them out of sight.
But so glad the man from the cabins was alerted to something being amiss and alerted the authorities.

O/T but...

Just to be clear, you should never use a propane camp stove as an indoor heater. They do emit low levels of carbon monoxide, and those levels can collect in a closed room over time. But for brief periods of cooking, even in a small cabin with proper ventilation, they are perfectly safe to use. I would certainly check the fuel lines for leaks though. JMO

How was sleuthing skills? Not a competition, but did wonder how I was guessing/my sleuthing skills. I leaned towards woods and a bystander finding them and their thinking something was off about tc and ET like in the Hannah Anderson case. I did think he was narcissistic or similar. Seems to be the case with his controlling personality and his anger issue did show when dealing with the commune. He, also, seemed to think he could just show up and they would accept him with open arms.
I didn't, however, think he would want communal living. I was wrong there. And..
I thought he would have a way better plan since he was smart. Wrong there.
But very thankful for a happy ending!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My skills were hit and miss on this case.

I had him pegged to National forests, I had him driving the Nissan with stolen tags, and I still think they spent much of the time camping in the Nissan.

Where I faltered was in thinking he wouldn't be stupid enough to rent hotel rooms, use his own name and ID, and risk numerous interaction with other people. I never in a million years thought he'd try to infiltrate a commune, because I actually know how communes work. That last thing an intentional community wants is to risk the community itself by knowingly harboring individuals they have concerns about. Cummins walked in waving red flags.

So...I assess my sleuthing skills on this case as somewhat subpar. But I can live with that. I bombarded every high profile sm partner with her info early on, and that was really the most important thing we all did for her. So I'm going to give us all a gold star on that. :)

You'd think, but my daughter had friends in HS who were sporting sleeve tatts. ��

Like, dye your hair. It grows out. But ink yourself at 15? I shudder to think about the ink I'd have chosen at 15. In fact, at 52, I still have no ink because I was never able to commit. :lol:

Also, despite it being illegal, tatt parlors will ink underaged kids quite often as evidenced by a visit to any HS. :|

O/T: I got a tattoo when I was in my 40s. At a family beach trip a couple of months later, my 90-year-old aunt said, "what is that on your shoulder?" I told her it was a tattoo and she said, "I don't know anyone with a tattoo." I told her now she did. She was scandalized. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found that a bit odd myself.

But, what the heck do I know?

Obviously, I have no idea what went into that decision, but a lack of alternatives is high on my list. I suspect they will need to move.

It seems like a few other people in this thread use camp stoves indoors too. It's apparently not that uncommon, or unsafe. If it's just your gas out the easiest solution is probably to just use an electric hotplate.

The grill set up in the room would be okay if it were gas powered. Just considering whether the room had gas set up, since there was no electricity. Maybe they were using small propane bottles under it. We used that after a hurricane when electricity was off for a few days.

The grill set up in the room would be okay if it were gas powered. Just considering whether the room had gas set up, since there was no electricity. Maybe they were using small propane bottles under it. We used that after a hurricane when electricity was off for a few days.

It was a propane camp stove. That green bottle you can see off to the side is a propane canister.

Just have to vent a little. Is anyone else really peeved when they read a headline that says TC was "relieved it was over."
It infuriates me! HE is glad it's over?!

He systematically brainwashed and abused a child, kidnapped her, assaulted her, and it will take a very long time and a lot of work to repair what he has done. He destroyed his own family. He abused the trust of an entire town, school and churches. He now represents a financial burden to taxpayers.

He chose this course for his life and has the unbelievable nerve to say HE is "relieved it is over." Is it possible that this walking waste of space assumes that anyone would feel even remotely sorry for HIM?! Is he really that stupid that he thinks that being caught is the end of it?! Cummins is in for a real jolt. I truly believe he is so unbalanced/dangerous that he believes he can just go back home and resume his life, that none of this was his fault, that he should be hailed a hero for trying to save ET, and all the rest of the juvenile nonsense he concocts in his mind and on IG. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't expect JC to support him and drop divorce proceedings as well. Afterall, it is ALL about Tad Cummins and what he wants and needs, right?

I may have not sleuthed correctly on some of the aspects of this case, but the one thing I am certain I was right about in this case is that Tad Cummins is a narcissist. That one statement of his says it all for me. It is never their fault.

My prediction is that as this case unfolds, we will see Tad Cummins blame everyone except himself.

Just have to vent a little. Is anyone else really peeved when they read a headline that says TC was "relieved it was over."

I'm not peeved about it, but I don't believe it for a second. If he really wanted it over, he could have turned himself in at any time.

He systematically brainwashed and abused a child, kidnapped her, assaulted her, and it will take a very long time and a lot of work to repair what he has done. He destroyed his own family. He abused the trust of an entire town, school and churches. He now represents a financial burden to taxpayers.

He chose this course for his life and has the unbelievable nerve to say HE is "relieved it is over." Is it possible that this walking waste of space assumes that anyone would feel even remotely sorry for HIM?! Is he really that stupid that he thinks that being caught is the end of it?! Cummins is in for a real jolt. I truly believe he is so unbalanced/dangerous that he believes he can just go back home and resume his life, that none of this was his fault, that he should be hailed a hero for trying to save ET, and all the rest of the juvenile nonsense he concocts in his mind and on IG. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't expect JC to support him and drop divorce proceedings as well. Afterall, it is ALL about Tad Cummins and what he wants and needs, right?

I may have not sleuthed correctly on some of the aspects of this case, but the one thing I am certain I was right about in this case is that Tad Cummins is a narcissist. That one statement of his says it all for me. It is never their fault.

My prediction is that as this case unfolds, we will see Tad Cummins blame everyone except himself.

It does smack of making it sound like he was the victim here. I'm sure it's a card he's played all his life. Let's see how relieved he is when he goes to court. I'd be more inclined to believe that if he comes clean, admits he stalked and groomed a child for his perverse pleasure and then abducted her. Admit to that and I'll believe his "relief".

Yes!!! I see it as his way of continuing to manipulate the situation...he's only trying to help MC and protect her....and unfortunately others in the community continue to voice the same by saying things like of course she was safe with him. It's disturbing, to say the very least

You'd think, but my daughter had friends in HS who were sporting sleeve tatts. ��

Like, dye your hair. It grows out. But ink yourself at 15? I shudder to think about the ink I'd have chosen at 15. In fact, at 52, I still have no ink because I was never able to commit. [emoji38]

Also, despite it being illegal, tatt parlors will ink underaged kids quite often as evidenced by a visit to any HS. :|
I'm in Louisiana and my first tattoo was at 16! No ID was required! It happens a lot more than you think!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Just wanted to comment on the Epi-pen and allergies-- 2 of my kids have food allergies and one carries an epi-pen. Most doctors will prescribe an epi-pen for children if they ever have a reaction requiring Benadryl. An Epi-pen does not always mean life threatening allergies. I'd say even more so if the child has good insurance or is on state health insurance like Chip or medicaid. I also want to say that our families allergies to do not dictate where we go or what we do. I wouldn't take their allergies into account as we've dealt with them for so long, I feel confident enough to go anywhere. Heck, I could feed the solely from a convince store at this point in our lives.

Her sister Kat said she had the epipen for anaphylaxis. So, this wasn't just a minor allergy. I have a life threatening allergy, and it dictates even where I shop. (I can't shop at grocery stores with those bulk bins, for example. But my allergy can be triggered airborne, and I don't think that is the case with ET.) Anyway, Kat indicated that it's a serious allergy.

Well said. I concur with everything.

I was so relieved to see she was found safe.

JMO
After learning about how he tried to join the commune type place and he stormed off because they deemed him not a good fit for their group it has become obvious he was dragging her all over the country and I am willing to bet she had little to no votes in any decision making.

You can tell from the Walmart video that she was just following whatever he said. The only thing missing in that video that we cant see is the invisible leash that he had on her as he dragged her around.

I only hope that he is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. There is no room for any bleeding hearts in what he did to his many victims. Not the least of which is his own family and the grooming of ET.

On CNN they showed the cabin and some of the things found there.
Yeah KY. Enough said and if there was any doubt he had a sexual motive in this case, that ends that debate.

We need a strong prosecution and I hope it comes rapidly.

her family's attorney:

“I don’t want to say too much about her frame of mind. I am not saying she’s not going to need therapy. The signs point to the fact she’s in a good place mentally.”

http://www.columbiadailyherald.com/news/20170421/elizabeth-thomas-on-her-way-home-now-lawyer-says

This terrifies me. "She's in a good place mentally"?? This poor girl probably hasn't been in a good place mentally in her whole life, let alone now. I'm just sick thinking the adults in her life are seriously this delusional.

Well said. I concur with everything.

I was so relieved to see she was found safe.

JMO
After learning about how he tried to join the commune type place and he stormed off because they deemed him not a good fit for their group it has become obvious he was dragging her all over the country and I am willing to bet she had little to no votes in any decision making.

You can tell from the Walmart video that she was just following whatever he said. The only thing missing in that video that we cant see is the invisible leash that he had on her as he dragged her around.

I only hope that he is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. There is no room for any bleeding hearts in what he did to his many victims. Not the least of which is his own family and the grooming of ET.

On CNN they showed the cabin and some of the things found there.
Yeah KY. Enough said and if there was any doubt he had a sexual motive in this case, that ends that debate.

We need a strong prosecution and I hope it comes rapidly.

Exactly!

I wondered when I heard 'commune' if Tad was planning on swapping sexual partners. I don't know If that's part of commune life....

I watched a Youtube documentary on Black Bear Ranch and if he watched it too, I can definitely see that he would think that. They really don't talk about what the commune is like now but back in their heyday, it was very "free love" with partner swapping and everyone running around naked. I don't think that happens nowadays.

Bahaha. Millienials. Bless their hearts.

Actually teens today are Generation Z. Some say that the Millennial generation extends as far as kids being born in the early 2000s but I would argue (as a Millennial myself) that kids born in the early 2000s are definitely of a different generation than Millennials. If I had it my way, I'd put the Millenial generation from 1980 to 1995ish, basically those coming of age (on the earlier birth year range) and being aware of the world around them (on the later year range) around the time of the new Millenium.

My opinion is that he knows that people feel sorry for him already and he's going to try and milk that for all its worth. It's disturbingly common for people to blame young women in situations like this. I've seen it already in comment sections on all sorts of websites - men and women saying she went willingly, didn't fight, etc. It's disgusting but I think he knows he has this type of support and will try and draw it out further by making statements like the "glad it's over."

O/T but...

Just to be clear, you should never use a propane camp stove as an indoor heater. They do emit low levels of carbon monoxide, and those levels can collect in a closed room over time. But for brief periods of cooking, even in a small cabin with proper ventilation, they are perfectly safe to use. I would certainly check the fuel lines for leaks though. JMO

JMO
I agree and that is where people get into trouble is when they use things like that for supplemental heat and leave them on a long time.

In addition to CO2 concerns all open flames need oxygen and over time will suck the oxygen out of the room.

I am sure some will remember the Science class experiment where a glass is placed over a lit candle and the candle goes out in no time. Its because flames need oxygen to help burn.

So where people get into trouble is leaving something running for a long time and trying to use a portable gas stove like that as heating source is not good to do in an enclosed space.

If just cooking up a quick meal and then turning it right off when done it can be done without harm but even then it would be important to have a window open and make sure there is good ventilation of fresh air.

That cabin was very small and he did risk their lives somewhat using that camp stove inside of it. I noticed there were windows so hopefully he had the windows open when they were cooking.

I've used these sort of stoves many times when camping and always use it outside in the fresh air for safety reasons. They are a great way to be able to heat up and cook a quick meal.

Our power goes out a lot during storms and if out for a long time I have used my gas grill to heat up water for coffee and soups. Its one reason whenever i have to buy a new gas grill I always get the kind that has the extra single burner on the end. It is a nice way to heat up a can of soup or a pan of water for coffee whenever your power goes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michelemelton03