Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #15 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to alert my own post - mods at this point should the title be updated to ETs initials?

No, it's "nicer" there.

"What is the difference between Federal and State Prison?

• State prisons are higher in number than federal prisons.

• Federal prisons have higher levels of security than state prisons.

• Federal prisons are used more for white collar criminals and political offenders while hard core criminals get to serve in state prisons.

• State prisons are considered unsafe as they house a higher number of violent criminals."

*http://www.differencebetween.com/difference-between-federal-and-vs-state-prison/

MOO

In federal prisons they can even wear jeans not prison attire.

Only good thing about federal prison is NO conjugal visits in any state!!

No, it's "nicer" there.

"What i trys the difference between Federal and State Prison?

• State prisons are higher in number than federal prisons.

• Federal prisons have higher levels of security than state prisons.

• Federal prisons are used more for white collar criminals and political offenders while hard core criminals get to serve in state prisons.

• State prisons are considered unsafe as they house a higher number of violent criminals."

*http://www.differencebetween.com/difference-between-federal-and-vs-state-prison/

MOO

I would have thought his crimes would not fit with a federal jail sentence. I hope he goes to a state prison .

In state prison. You can do basically 50% of your time and get paroled or atleast a parole hearring. But fed prison is a mandatory 85 to 90 % of time served needed to get a parole hearring or option.

So 10 years in state could possibly have in out in 5 years. But in Federal it would be a minimum of 8 years. Jmo

So I wake up this morning to a story that they were at BBR for 2 weeks?

Although I think folks can integrate into a commune I am surprised they made it the full 2 weeks. I

am not surprised they were kicked out. TC & ET not wanting to put the work in, isolating themselves and his angry comments of "homosexuality" and "christian" shows he was probably not tolerant of others behavior there. While religion is allowed one has to be pretty accepting and tolerant of the community.

Not according to Griffin Barry

Cummins and the teen arrived at a Cecilville-area gas station last week, apparently on their way to visit a commune, Barry told CNN.

The pair went to the commune but returned to the gas station this week, with Cummins explaining they didn't get along with people at the commune, Barry said.

http://www.localnews8.com/news/nati...als-how-teacher-covered-up-identity/458088893

It is possible, in my opinion, for the commune details to be true AND for ET to be a victim and worthy of sympathy, empathy, and support. She is 15, was vulnerable to manipulation, and has isolated with a monster. Stockholm Syndrome is real. Even if the details are true, it changes nothing.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

It seemed to me as though the commune members were telling the reporter what he wanted to hear - one of them in particular. IMHO. I remain skeptical until we hear more.

:cow:

As a teacher myself, I am even more disgusted that he was a teacher too.

Maybe but being duped or brainwashed into having a blast doesn't sound like the worst thing in the world.

I bet the defense would love to call those people from BBR in to testify [emoji15]

What worries me is some websites like CNN reporting unless she testifies he forced her to go against her will the case could crumble because of the Tennessee law that girls over age 12 can make the decision to go willingly.

This would be terrible. Please ET testify against this pervert and put him away for a long time.

Feds have taken her. Imo, federal jurisdiction now has taken over, and they will get first shot at him. He doesnt need to go to Tenn at this point iirc.

Perhaps a lawyer here will chime in, or did I miss it.

As a teacher myself, I am even more disgusted that he was a teacher too.

Speaking of that, it doesn't seem like he should have even been a teacher to begin with. I was looking at the media packet that has his application for his teaching job along with his educational record and work history and it doesn't seem like he should have been hired. He was in the medical field and then he up and decided to get a teaching license and they hired him? Do they have a teacher shortage?

I guess Tennessee is different than Indiana but I have teacher friends in Indiana and they make it seem like it's fairly difficult to get hired here.

Not according to Griffin Barry

Cummins and the teen arrived at a Cecilville-area gas station last week, apparently on their way to visit a commune, Barry told CNN.

The pair went to the commune but returned to the gas station this week, with Cummins explaining they didn't get along with people at the commune, Barry said.

http://www.localnews8.com/news/nati...als-how-teacher-covered-up-identity/458088893

Last week (say a Sunday) and this week (say a Saturday) could be 2 weeks. But where's Mercedes to check my math?

Oh BTW some of us weren't sure if the jar in the cabin was alfredo sauce or coconut oil but according to NBC news last night she reported from inside the cabin that it was indeed coconut oil.

I don't even want to think about what they used it for. Puke

My sleuthing skills were average or below.

What I was right about
1. They didn't ditch the Rogue
2. He switched the plates, not the car
3. Being seen in OKC was not a deliberate diversion
4. They didn't go to Mexico
5. They didn't plan to camp, at least not exclusively
6. They'd be caught when they ran out of money and needed gas/food

What I was wrong about
1. They wouldn't come to California, unless it was the warmer parts (dead wrong about that!)
2. They went to Texas, New Mexico, Arizona or Nevada (except Nevada)
3. They blend in like father and daughter (idiot tried to pass for newlyweds)
4. If they were camping at all, they'd go somewhere warm
5. I never in a million years thought they'd go to a commune
6. They had enough money to last 3-6 months

What I learned:
1. Keep an open mind.
2. Criminals don't think like us
3. LE doesn't tell the public everything, making it challenging to sleuth

Like you, I am just glad (overjoyed!) that Elizabeth is home safe, and am not in competition with anyone.

What I was right about:

1. I thought California was a good option. (Wrote a post about a predator with otherwise strict religious views might feel they would blend in "libertine" California. *Note that "libertine" and "liberal" are two different words with different meanings. Note also that I'm not saying my home state is "libertine" but that people from other states often feel it is.)
A few of these predators who take off with victims they've groomed end
up here. Many criminals come here to blend in.
2. For some reason, Florida, the redneck riviera or the southern riviera did not at all seem like options to me. Not sure why. I also didn't think the desert regions would be an option. To hard to survive unless in a hotel.
3. I thought hotels/motels could be an option.
4. If they were found alive it would be because of a random citizen who noticed something weird and figured out who they were, rather than LE pulling them over.

What I was wrong about:

1. I thought they could be south of the border.
2. I also thought they could be camping almost anywhere.
3. I totally discounted them being at a commune or among a religious group.

4. I didn't think he would be demonstrative with her in front of others.
5. I thought they could be dead in a murder suicide.

What I learned:

People have unique theories that seem random to me that I should not discount. There are different life experiences and perspectives and gut instincts that may not be based on stats or past cases but can help solve cases.

I had a similar experience when sleuthers thought certain horrific crimes were committed by teens. I couldn't wrap my head around that but they were right and now my mind is open to that possibility.

What was I right about.

They went straight for a commune.

What was I wrong about.

It wasn't an Amish type commune.

Far from it. Lol

Anyone think TC's use of an ED drug is recent? Reports say it was a refill, I'm just wondering if that problem has been going on for years. Maybe his proclivity for teenage girls lead to this problem. I'm really wondering if his performance issue is what triggered all of this. I'm not defending him just trying to figure it out.

Im wondering now if her friend that dropped her off really did know her destination.

I'm also now thinking when ET family said if she wasn't home by 6pm call police. Might have just said that so LE would get on the case immediately.

I probably would say the same thing if my boys were missing

Regarding the siblings still attending Culleoka Unit School, my assumption is that their options are fairly limited. I'm guessing the family probably doesn't have the financial resources to send the remaining four minors to private school. In terms of public schools, not sure how many are in their immediate location as Culleoka served K-12. Plus, they would have to provide their own transportation if they attended a school outside of their district and that's probably a challenge for the family as well, especially considering the father's demanding work schedule. I think the decision to stay at Culleoka was not so much as choice as it was a matter of circumstances.

I hope they can move.

The Daily Mail would sound more legit if it didn't mention the same salacious meant details 1000 times.

But we all had a feeling that he was camped out in some type of commune.

I would have looked for a cleaner one though.

I didn't. Commune was not on my list at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova