Found Safe TN - MCET, 15, Abducted by Teacher, in Maury County, 13 March 2017 #18 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some commenters think tc should be given a break because of a middle age crisis. How come only guys get to have middle age crisis?! Actually imo he was going through a lot less than many other people. He had a nice family, church, coulda had a good job, nice home. Spoiled in a lot of ways. Made in the shade as they used to say,
Also he was acting pedophil-ish in his attraction to a young teen so those things are hid from everyone else. Imo

Just for the record, no way in hell I think he should be given a break. In fact, I think they should throw the book at him. IMHO.

:cow:

She didn't necessarily need to be suspicious in order to issue a warning. I remind my kids frequently about avoiding certain situations that may appear sketchy, even though I do trust them. I want them to be aware that what may be innocent to them may appear suspicious to those who don't know them. I could certainly see myself advising my husband of 27 years the same...but he's former LE so he's hyper aware of avoiding the appearance of impropriety.

Maybe she wanted to remind him that because of his position (teacher). He might be scrutinized more closely.

:yeahthat: I agree.

I don't believe that midlife crisis only happens to guys, personally. (Nor do I think he gets any sort of break because of it, if that's what he has.) The times I've seen it have been split fairly evenly between the sexes. Midlife crisis can happen to people who outwardly have all the 'stuff' and accoutrements that most people think should add up to a happy life. The problem is an inner emptiness that defies what others might see as 'being spoiled' by all the outer stuff. At its worst it can go beyond vague dissatisfaction--can actually be a mental break of sorts.

And, the way I understand it, a pedophile is attracted to prepubescent children, so while I agree the attraction wasn't normal, it wasn't pedophilia or "pedophil-ish." Someone found the term earlier in these threads. ET will be 16 yrs old in 3 days. She is not a young or prepubescent child.

Hebephile is just as bad. He fits for that as he is 50. And ET looks closer to 13 than 15, she's tiny. Anyway, 18 is the magic number, whatever flavor of pervert he is, it's a crime in any case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hebephile is just as bad. He fits for that as he is 50. And ET looks closer to 13 than 15, she's tiny. Anyway, 18 is the magic number, whatever flavor of pervert he is, it's a crime in any case.

Is it actually a crime? Maybe unless you're famous. What about Doug Hutchison who married with her parents permission Courtney Stodden. He was 51 and she was 16.
And Joaquin Phoenix dating a 16 year old Allie Teilz.
Although neither one of them were married to someone else at the time. So it can & does happen. I think there were other celebs that have also married teenagers as well if you look into it. A lot around the age of 17.
http://www.fame10.com/entertainment/11-stars-who-dared-to-date-teenagers/

Is it actually a crime? Maybe unless you're famous. What about Doug Hutchison who married with her parents permission Courtney Stodden. He was 51 and she was 16.
Although neither one of them were married to someone else at the time. So it can & does happen. I think there were other celebs that have also married teenagers as well if you look into it. A lot around the age of 17.

Depends on the state, some places 16 with parent permission is ok, and some it's ok if there are only 4 years or less age difference if over 15....

Depends on the state, some places 16 with parent permission is ok, and some it's ok if there are only 4 years or less age difference if over 15....

It is quite variable by the sound of it then.

It is quite variable by the sound of it then.

I think everywhere without parents permission it's usually not ok under 18', though for some states it's 16. He qualifies for aggravated statutory rape in Tenn as he's more than 10 years older than her and she's under 18.

Allie Teliz was 19 when she met him. Now she is 22. She's been a professional dj since she was 13. Not typical.

Just because people get away with it or find some way to skirt the law doesn't mean it's not illegal. How many people do you see speeding down the highway every day? Or how many people drink and drive many times before ever getting caught? How many people cheat on their taxes every year? Just because they haven't been caught or in some cases because they have a clever lawyer doesn't make it legal or right.

Agree he's been arrested for a crime; opinions will (and do) vary as to her appearance. Regardless, as I said in my other posts on these last few pages, he broke the law and should be prosecuted. Thanks for digging up the correct word.

If you do much genealogical work you will discover how very many relatives (particularly girls, though sometimes both parties) married underage a couple generations or more ago when the laws were more lax. The youngest male on our tree (WAY back, an arranged nobility sort of marriage) was 14; the youngest females married at 15. One of my more infamous relatives didn't apply for Social Security until the late 1930s, which finally established his date/place of birth, though not his real name, lol. He'd been 'married' 3x by then, and only the first time with a certificate...which claimed he and his bride were both of legal age when neither, in fact, were. There were 'known' states to get hitched in back then--states which didn't check records or make you wait a day or two to get married. And prior to SS cards and drivers licenses becoming so prevalent, underage marriages probably happened a lot more than they would today.

But I digress...(humans and their stories are fascinating).

Agreed, and I have not implied it is or will be any sort of legal excuse. (Not legal insanity, is what I posted.)

The family lawyer's comments regarding her appearance were what he put out in media immediately after the damaging, extensive Daily Mail account concerning what those at the commune reported about their stay and behavior. There were remarks made that they were "making out" by the campfire, that they acted like a couple in love, that she sat in his lap, asked to picked up by him, yada, yada, yada. This is a fire to put out for the family lawyer, whether or not those witness accounts were even (yet) stated in a court of law. So, JMO, but I see the lawyer's remarks as indicative of his doing his job rather than a necessarily accurate assessment of her physical development. Most of us following the case from the beginning have seen photos of ET on her social media accounts and are able to come to our own conclusions. My own personal opinion was that she appeared to be a typical 15-1/2 year old adolescent, not a prepubescent "little child."

Obviously many of us don't see eye to eye as to whether she is mature or not. Some say yes. Others no. A lot of people (the majority) still consider 15 year olds not mature. Parents are still responsible for their well-being. Her physical attributes definitely had a bearing on TC's attractions imo. The lawyer mentioned she was smaller than your typical grown women. If Tad had cheated with an adult I wouldn't be suspicious of his attraction to young teens. I'm not calling her a little child, though. But he definitely is attracted to young teens and decided he is entitled to it.

If people want to say it's ok for old men to take off with teens so be it. But laws would have to be changed to support that. Ages would have to be lowered to emancipate teens at a lower age. How low are people wanting to go?

The talk about her appearance is very concerning. It doesn't matter if she looked 30. She is FIFTEEN mother-effin years old. She is a minor child.

When we start bringing the appearance of victims into play, why stop there. Why not say the scantily-clad adult asked to be gang-raped at a party? I thought we had moved past this kind of crap as a society.

The talk about her appearance is very concerning. It doesn't matter if she looked 30. She is FIFTEEN mother-effin years old. She is a minor child.

When we start bringing the appearance of victims into play, why stop there. Why not say the scantily-clad adult asked to be gang-raped at a party? I thought we had moved past this kind of crap as a society.

While I agree with you, the talk about her appearance originated with the family lawyer--unfortunately.

While I agree with you, the talk about her appearance originated with the family lawyer--unfortunately.

From what I understand, the family spoke on her appearance in an effort to stress how immature she is. Then the attorney mentioned how unkempt she looked when she was found (weight loss/dirty.)

Neither instance seemed to advocate for TC. There is a lot of advocating for TC going on elsewhere in MSM and SM. I've seen so many comments they are making my head spin.

I think everywhere without parents permission it's usually not ok under 18', though for some states it's 16. He qualifies for aggravated statutory rape in Tenn as he's more than 10 years older than her and she's under 18.

I find it bizarre that as long as a very young teenager gets parental permission it's okay to get married to whoever from what you state the laws are in that regard, yet a minor is still a minor and a crime without parental permission. Makes no sense to me.
And i wasn't really talking about TC in my post but the laws pertaining to those circumstances being criminal or not. Looks like it depends on the circumstances.

Just because people get away with it or find some way to skirt the law doesn't mean it's not illegal. How many people do you see speeding down the highway every day? Or how many people drink and drive many times before ever getting caught? How many people cheat on their taxes every year? Just because they haven't been caught or in some cases because they have a clever lawyer doesn't make it legal or right.

I was making a point of this type of thing being a crime or not? And from what has been said it depends on the situation. In some cases yes a 50 yr. old can marry a 16 yr. old if she has parental permission.
And i'm not talking about ET & TC in this legal aspect of what the law permits.

From what I understand, the family spoke on her appearance in an effort to stress how immature she is. Then the attorney mentioned how unkempt she looked when she was found (weight loss/dirty.)

Neither instance seemed to advocate for TC. There is a lot of advocating for TC going on elsewhere in MSM and SM. I've seen so many comments they are making my head spin.

http://www.crimeonline.com/podcast/

Poirotry,I assume you are referring to the April 25 Nancy Grace podcast. Where the family lawyer, Jason Whately, at 3:17 starts the conversation going in that direction, where the lawyer says "she is a little child, I don't know if she is stunted or her growth is stunted etc"... and then Nancy asks Francie .. "she didn't even look like she had developed as a woman.. I don't think she would even need a bra...." ... and then Nancy repeated the bra comment a few seconds later.

:facepalm: leave it to Nancy

I find it bizarre that as long as a very young teenager gets parental permission it's okay to get married to whoever from what you state the laws are in that regard, yet a minor is still a minor and a crime without parental permission. Makes no sense to me.
And i wasn't really talking about TC in my post but the laws pertaining to those circumstances being criminal or not. Looks like it depends on the circumstances.

I think this was touched upon upthread re that parents are responsible for minors, and therefore they can give permission. But no one else can "take" that responsibility away from the parents (unless court ordered) and make decisions for the minor. That then is criminal.

When it was explained, it made perfect sense to me. :cow: :moo:

Bad wording in lay terms, but the best I can do to show differentiation. Perhaps someone else can explain better than I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soundvisualproductions