TN - RV Explosion, Nashville, 25 Dec 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the main mystery still is what was the angst against AT&T or maybe it was just angst against technology in general like the Unabomber? If AQW is indeed the prime suspect now I have hard time believing a 63 year old loner had a beef with Melting Pot or any other bar or entertainment establishment on 2nd street.

AQW....I'd like to know his history. Is there any activism in his background, any extreme views, any affiliation with particular groups etc? Or has he led a normal life, at least outwardly. Did LE take any electronics, computers, papers, manuals ?

For now, I'm just not convinced....even though it "appears" he might be a suspect.

<modsnip:quoted post removed>

What is interesting is the same notary did notarize both documents. However, the November 25, 2020 deed says it was drafted by AQW. The earlier deeds say (on the last page) that they were drafted by a Nashville attorney (with that person's contact information). I bet he got a visit today.

ETA: The earlier transfers may have been planned, for some reason, with an estate planning attorney. This last one may have truly been secret as it wasn't drafted by an attorney.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe there is some weird property tax / sales tax loop holes in TN where its better to do that instead of a will. They had done it before on the other property so must be a $$$ advantage and maybe keeps its from being contested?? I don't know my estate and property laws at all.
It has certainly given us more mystery to the already highly mysterious incident.

Hopefully this will help.

Anyone who owns property can transfer it via quitclaim deed. You're giving away your ownership to property. Many older people do this when they are approaching the age that they may need assisted living help. They'll deed property to their children or to trusts so if they need nursing home care, property won't be held against them in calculating the help they're entitled to. It is rare in practice to deed property back to an older person because it could affect these calculations.

You can also transfer property through a will. You can designate who gets what after you die. If your total estate is less than a certain amount (I think $2 million, but it changes every year), you are exempt from estate tax. So a house worth $100k is not really something you have to worry about estate tax with.

If you die without a will, your estate goes to probate and your assets are distributed according to the laws of intestate succession in your state. Generally it goes to your spouse. If no spouse, to your children equally. If no children, to your parents. If no parents, to your siblings.

So things only get complicated if you die without a will and with complicated family relationships. There's no reason to quitclaim property around for tax purposes.

ETA: The estate tax exemption is up to a wooping $11.8m this year!!
Thank you for that information.

Hopefully this will help.

Anyone who owns property can transfer it via quitclaim deed. You're giving away your ownership to property. Many older people do this when they are approaching the age that they may need assisted living help. They'll deed property to their children or to trusts so if they need nursing home care, property won't be held against them in calculating the help they're entitled to. It is rare in practice to deed property back to an older person because it could affect these calculations.

You can also transfer property through a will. You can designate who gets what after you die. If your total estate is less than a certain amount (I think $2 million, but it changes every year), you are exempt from estate tax. So a house worth $100k is not really something you have to worry about estate tax with.

If you die without a will, your estate goes to probate and your assets are distributed according to the laws of intestate succession in your state. Generally it goes to your spouse. If no spouse, to your children equally. If no children, to your parents. If no parents, to your siblings.

So things only get complicated if you die without a will and with complicated family relationships. There's no reason to quitclaim property around for tax purposes.

ETA: The estate tax exemption is up to a wooping $11.8m this year!!

My ex and I did a quitclaim when we split. He was going to continue to live there and pay the mortgage and we had owned the home for less than a year and had no equity.

MOD NOTE:
For the second time today this thread is closing for cleanup.

To the new members who have joined the discussion - Websleuths Terms of Service does not permit sleuthing or discussion of people who have NOT been named as suspects or POIs by LE in this case. NO ONE HAS BEEN NAMED AND SO NO ONE SPECIFICALLY MAY BE SPECULATED ABOUT AT THIS TIME. Posts that do so are being removed. Members who ignore these warnings and continue to violate TOS may lose posting privileges.

Please check back later. We will let you know when the thread has reopened for posting WITHIN the Websleuths TOS.

REMINDER:

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.

Thanks everyone :)

Bringing this forward again:

Okay, here's the decision. Some MSM is releasing AQW's name, other MSM has chosen not to. We are going to split it down the middle.

Websleuths will allow discussion and sleuthing of AQW as long as only his initials are used in this discussion.

Members may link to articles that contain his full name; the link itself is allowed but members must use ONLY his initials in referencing him here at Websleuths.

Please Report any post that contain this individual's full name.

While AQW may be discussed using his INITIALS ONLY, none of his business transactions that name other possibly innocent people may be brought here UNTIL/UNLESS LE opens that discussion and names those names. Ontario Mom’s post above addresses this. Please heed.

Thread has reopened.

I think this is new:

"Among the tips being investigated by authorities is the possibility the RV used in the bombing was seen at the site of the blast in the weeks prior to the blast. Sources tell FOX 17 News it was seen multiple times over the last three weeks on 2nd Avenue and investigators are working to verify the sightings are of the same vehicle."
Source: Nashville Christmas Day bomber likely died in explosion according to evidence

Question for anyone from Nashville?

That big, humongous Nashville Yards project. The future of sports, concert venues, shopping blah, blah. Has construction been put on hold in October leaving a hole after they've been digging?

If not and it was to be completed would it jack up property prices? Gentrification involved?

TIA

I wonder if there’s any connection to this:

Feds warn of attacks related to bogus COVID-19 conspiracy theory

“We assess conspiracy theories linking the spread of COVID-19 to the expansion of the 5G cellular network are inciting attacks against the communications infrastructure globally and that these threats probably will increase as the disease continues to spread, including calls for violence against telecommunications workers,” the U.S. Department of Homeland Security reported Wednesday in an intelligence report obtained by ABC News.

I wonder if there’s any connection to this:

Feds warn of attacks related to bogus COVID-19 conspiracy theory

“We assess conspiracy theories linking the spread of COVID-19 to the expansion of the 5G cellular network are inciting attacks against the communications infrastructure globally and that these threats probably will increase as the disease continues to spread, including calls for violence against telecommunications workers,” the U.S. Department of Homeland Security reported Wednesday in an intelligence report obtained by ABC News.

If there is any connection, LE will have known about it immediately.
Those who've jumped on the conspiracy theory bandwagons about social/health/tech issues in our day, generally make their position VERY well known, either through social media or face to face discussions with whoever will give them the time.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member