Found Deceased TN - Sequoia Samuels, 4, Memphis, 15 Jun 2023 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"The remains were found in close proximity to the apartment where Sequoia resided with her family; however, a positive identity has not been confirmed at this time," Memphis Police Chief Cerelyn "C.J." Davis said in the statement. "Both individuals have been detained by MPD for these charges at this time."

1686926860576.png

'According the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (TBI) the child, Sequoia Samuels was reported missing on Thursday from her home in Memphis's Uptown area just north of downtown.

Samuels, described by Memphis police as 3-feet tall with a feeding tube on the left side of her stomach, was captured on a nearby doorbell camera in her neighborhood walking the streets alone about 3 a.m. local time.''

Again I have to ask who saw her wandering away at 3am on camera. If it's not true or unverified why put it out to the public as fact? Thank God her precious little body did not make it to a landfill because of incorrect info.

Again I have to ask who saw her wandering away at 3am on camera. If it's not true or unverified why put it out to the public as fact? Thank God her precious little body did not make it to a landfill because of incorrect info.
It must have been another child walking around at 3am and they misidentified them as Sequoia.
Another boyfriend killing a child. Again.
As soon as I heard "Woke up missing and the door was open" I knew. They all say this and not once has it ever been true. MOO.

Please tell me this baby was not thrown in a dumpster. I don't know why but that's where my mind went upon hearing the news this morning. She was found in the same block she went missing. :( MOO

I do see some fairly unkempt and empty yards via Google Maps that I could, unfortunately, imagine being used for nefarious situations such as these... I will be curious to see if they release any further information regarding Sequoia's whereabouts when she was found.

200 Caldwell Ave (Google Maps)

It must have been another child walking around at 3am and they misidentified them as Sequoia.
Another boyfriend killing a child. Again.
As soon as I heard "Woke up missing and the door was open" I knew. They all say this and not once has it ever been true. MOO.

Another child on camera wandering at 3am - how did this get reported as Sequioa? I question the timeline of reporting. Was Sequoia reported missing, then the video found, or someone saw a child on the video and it was then reported to be Sequoia somehow?

Anything else medically going on besides the feeding tube? Which itself is overwhelming! IMO
It angers me how often with these cases it is the most vulnerable children abused, neglected and murdered. Foster children, children with health issues and children with special needs.
The ones that need care and love the most.

<snip> I will be curious to see if they release any further information regarding Sequoia's whereabouts when she was found.

Unfortunately, a garbage bin.

He allegedly “maintained the corpse” for several weeks before the four-year-old was dumped in the garbage container outside of the apartment on Thursday.

The mother identified the garbage containers when police showed her pictures.

<snip>

After police searched the home on Caldwell Avenue, they found the child’s remains in the bin.

More details:

The affidavit states Hobson placed the child’s body in several garbage bags and stored the body in the house until June 15.

<snip>

According to police, Hobson said he last saw Samuels on June 11, but police say that is “impossible” due to the advanced state of the body’s decomposition.

I guess the one very (very) mildly positive thing is that the mom reported her missing (which got LE involved) the same day it seems the BF put Sequoia in the garbage and also ultimately told them where her body was before the garbage bins were picked up.

Obviously her lying, not rendering aid and not calling 911 when the initial incident happened, the false report on the 15th, etc. aren't in any way negated, but her actions on the 15th ultimately will almost certainly go a long way in justice happening for Sequoia.

Hobson was in trouble in at least one prior incident recently and found with six guns in the car with him (mom was also in the car but doesn't seem to have been charged in that instance):

Shelby County court records show Hobson had active charges from a separate case in May.

According to documents in that case, he and Jackson were arrested on May 6 at an apartment complex on Mimosa Avenue. Hobson allegedly was found with six guns in a car, and a green leafy substance in his pocket that tested positive for THC, police said. Jackson allegedly was in the car with him.

Hobson was charged with criminal trespass; possession of marijuana; prohibited weapons, to wit: automatic switch; and prohibited weapons, to wit: ghost gun (3D computer generated). The case is ongoing.

Unfortunately, a garbage bin.

More details:

I guess the one very (very) mildly positive thing is that the mom reported her missing (which got LE involved) the same day it seems the BF put Sequoia in the garbage and also ultimately told them where her body was before the garbage bins were picked up.

Obviously her lying, not rendering aid and not calling 911 when the initial incident happened, the false report on the 15th, etc. aren't in any way negated, but her actions on the 15th ultimately will almost certainly go a long way in justice happening for Sequoia.

AAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHH. :mad::mad::mad:

Hobson was in trouble in at least one prior incident recently and found with six guns in the car with him (mom was also in the car but doesn't seem to have been charged in that instance):

What kind of mother lets her "man" beat on her 4-year-old child? Or any child of any age, fgs?! They both belong on death row as far as I'm concerned. MOO

Noting:

The Department of Children’s Services confirmed it had prior contact with the family and has opened an investigation.

and...

According to the mother’s statement to police, Hobson had physically attacked Sequoia multiple times in the previous weeks. After the last attack, the child was left unconscious; Hobson was unable to revive her and Jackson did not render aid, she allegedly told police.

JUN 16, 2023
[...]

A family member who does not want to be identified said she reached out to the Tennessee Department of Children’s Services multiple times before Samuels’ death.

[...]

“They didn’t ask for photos, they didn’t ask for videos, they didn’t ask for any type of evidence. They didn’t ask me for anything,” said Samuels’ cousin.

According to her, little Sequoia was born prematurely with hard lungs and special needs and was placed on a feeding tube.

The cousin claims she would see Samuels’ mother get upset when the four-year-old didn’t catch on.

“She had bruises on her back, bruises on the upper arm, bruises. Her feet used to be black,” said Samuels’ cousin.

The cousin says she pleaded with Jackson multiple times for custody.

“I told her that I would take the child, that would not have been a problem, and like I said, I explained to her when she does come into my custody, her check would have to be transferred over to me because I have to provide her needs also as well as all the things,” she said. “She disregarded and said, ‘That’s okay,’ but the bruises and stuff continued.”

[...]

Where’s the murder charge? It says he had attacked this child several times leading up to this, and he has a pending charge for possession on PCP. The mother allowed it and helped cover it up. This deserves a murder charge or two.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viki Cowan
Back