TN TN - Sharon Kay Leinart, 58, Homeless, Knoxville, 23 Jan 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
Original

Missing Person / NamUs #MP20176
SHARON KAY LEINART

Female, White / Caucasian
Height 5' 7" (67 Inches)
Weight 140 lbs

Hair Color Brown
Head Hair Description WEARS HATS AND SOMETIMES HER HAIR IS DYED RED OR STAWBERRY BLONDE
Eye Color Brown

Other distinctive physical characteristic
SHARON WILL WEAR A LOT OF BLUE EYE SHADOW AND WHEN SHE WEARS LIPSTICK SHE NORMALLY HAS LIPSTICK PAST HER LIPS AND SOME ON HER FACE.

Clothing
SHARON WILL WEAR SEVERAL DIFFERENT LAYERS OF CLOTHING INCLUDING JACKETS AND HATS.

Jewelry
SHARONS LIKES TO WEAR BRACELETS, NECKLACES, AND EAR RINGS.

Transportation Notes
SOMETIMES WILL RIDE LOCAL TRANSIT BUS

Last Known Location Map
Location KNOXVILLE, Tennessee 37918
Knox County

Circumstances of Disappearance

SHARON HAS REPORTEDLY BEEN HOMELESS IN THE LOCAL AREA BY CHOICE FOR THE LAST ELEVEN TO THIRTEEN YEARS.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Here’s a local news article from 2015:

WATE 6 On Your Side Staff - KNOXVILLE (WATE) - Police in Knoxville are still searching for a missing homeless woman who was last seen two years ago.

Sharon Leinart, 60, known on the street as Angela, has been homeless in Knoxville for more than a decade and never ventured away from the area. She has not been seen since January 23, 2013 when she said "a man offered her a nice warm room."

Police say Leinart gets a disability check that is direct-deposited into an account, but there has been no activity recorded on the account.

Her sister in Indiana, where Leinart is originally from, reported her missing.

Leinart is around 5 feet 7 inches tall and weighs 135 pounds. Her originally brown hair is dyed strawberry blond. She typically wears several layers of clothing, which usually consists of a hat, waist-length or long jackets and coats, blue jeans and sunglasses. She also wears a lot of blue eyeshadow, red blush, red nail polish and rings on her fingers. She is also known to smoke Marlboro cigarettes.

Police said at the time of her disappearance that it was abnormal not to see her around the Knoxville area. Officers began looking for her at that time, but she has not been located.

Anyone with information is asked to call the KPD crime hotline at (865) 215-7212.

Knoxville police still searching for homeless woman missing for 2 years

Here’s a local news article from 2013:

KNOXVILLE — Knoxville police are searching for a missing homeless woman who hasn’t accessed her checking account since February, officials said.

Sharon Leinart, also known on the street as Angela, has been homeless in the Knoxville area for about 11 to 13 years and has not ventured away from this area, according to a news release from Knoxville Police Department spokesman Darrell DeBusk.

DeBusk said it is abnormal not to see her around the Knoxville area. Leinart gets a disability check that is direct-deposited into an account, but the account has had no activity the last three months, the spokesman said.

Leinart has not been seen since Jan. 23. At the time, she apparently told acquaintances a man had offered her a room.

She was reported missing by her sister in Indiana, DeBusk said.

Leinart, 58, is white, stands 5 feet, 7 inches, weighs 135 pounds, has brown eyes and dyed strawberry blond, shoulder-length, straight hair.

Police said she has a medium complexion and typically wears several layers of clothing typically consisting of any kind of hat, waist-length or long jackets and coats, blue jeans, and sunglasses.

DeBusk said the woman also wears a lot of blue eye shadow and red blush and usually wears rings and red nail polish. She smokes Marlboro cigarettes, officials said.

Anyone with information on Leinart or her whereabouts is asked to contact 865-215-7212.

More details as they develop online and in Saturday’s News Sentinel.

Police search for missing homeless Knoxville woman

There are a number of people in the area with the last name Leinart. I wonder if that is her birth name or if it’s a married name. If she’s willingly living on the streets for 11-13 years, that would put her homeless about 2000-2002. The economy bombed in 2001 and stayed suppressed for years. It is possible she lost her home and job, lost health insurance for mental health meds, had no financial safety net or no immediate family that could help. This is such a sad story. Maybe her family will do genealogy and provide DNA at some point.

Deleted by me.

(On second glance, I'm not sure if that record is the same Sharon Leinart. There is a lawsuit appeal filed in 1996 by someone with her name who is about the right age, but I'm not sure it's her.)

Last edited:
Updated in May 2013. I wonder if she is maybe an unidentified person somewhere. Too many murders of homeless people in the area.

KPD looking for homeless woman who hasn't been seen since January

A woman Knoxville Police say has been visible in the community for more than a decade is missing.

Sharon Leinhart, also known as Angela, lived on Knoxville's streets for around 12 years until she went missing in January.

KPD said there's no evidence that she has been harmed, but it has the homeless community on edge.

Her disappearance comes on the heels of four murders of homeless people this year alone.

Michael Davis is homeless. He works by selling a newspaper written by the homeless, The Amplifier. He said for years he saw Leinhart on a regular basis.

"She'd sit on the trolley stop most of the time. Not bothering people. Just real quiet," he said. "But I haven't seen her in at least five or six months that I know of."

"There's a lot of people that know her. A lot of people that will recognize her when they see her picture," said KPD spokesperson, Darrell DeBusk.

DeBusk said Leinhart's sister called KPD a few weeks ago to report her missing.

"We're growing concerned that she may be in danger since it has been so long with no contact and that's not like her. It's out of character," said DeBusk.

KPD says they've followed all leads only to find dead ends. There's been no activity in her bank account for three months.

There are a number of people in the area with the last name Leinart. I wonder if that is her birth name or if it’s a married name. If she’s willingly living on the streets for 11-13 years, that would put her homeless about 2000-2002. The economy bombed in 2001 and stayed suppressed for years. It is possible she lost her home and job, lost health insurance for mental health meds, had no financial safety net or no immediate family that could help. This is such a sad story. Maybe her family will do genealogy and provide DNA at some point.

I once checked if there was DNA available for Sharon on The Lost and Found website, that is down now.

The Lost and Found website (that was using the Namus files with the identifiers shown, when Namus decided to not show them anymore) her DNA was: Test complete - sample submitted

At what point did Knoxville transit buses have cameras? I wonder if they were ever able to figure out when she last rode a public bus.

Transportation Notes
SOMETIMES WILL RIDE LOCAL TRANSIT BUS

I wonder if this is her. I don't have a subscription so I can only see what populates on a Google search.

Lake City, TN is 25 miles NW of Knoxville. That wouldn't be unreasonable for her to relocate that close.

I scratched out the first names of people for privacy. I wonder if these people are siblings, parents or children.

The other spelling "Sherron" instead of the traditional spelling is interesting.

Sharon Leinart, Tennessee (3 matches): Phone Number, Email, Address - Spokeo

upload_2020-11-10_18-44-40.png

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Link above is for unidentified remains found in Knoxville.

I wonder if this is her. I don't have a subscription so I can only see what populates on a Google search.

Lake City, TN is 25 miles NW of Knoxville. That wouldn't be unreasonable for her to relocate that close.

I scratched out the first names of people for privacy. I wonder if these people are siblings, parents or children.

The other spelling "Sherron" instead of the traditional spelling is interesting.

Sharon Leinart, Tennessee (3 matches): Phone Number, Email, Address - Spokeo

View attachment 271341

Attachments

• 5D90F9FA-2EA4-46E7-85F4-74BFC69AF100.png
    5D90F9FA-2EA4-46E7-85F4-74BFC69AF100.png
    138.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
WATE 6 On Your Side: Sharon Leinart: Missing from Knoxville for 9 years.

The body of Brenda Baker Germann (was found as an UID in 2016 (after last contact with her in the summer of 2014, PMI years) behind 509 Cooper street in Knoxville, what is basically on the opposite of the street of the Salvation Army (less then a 6 minutes walk) where Sharon Leinart was used to frequent. Could there be some kind of connection? Someone who was/is preying on middle aged homeless women.

1659445040981.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnemarieNL
Back