Found Deceased TN - Shaun Hamblen, 23, Memphis, 29 Nov 2018 *endangered* *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Delete if you want but I've got to say.....this thread has turned into something I don't recall being seen on WS in the past couple of years......IMO JMO and all that BS

Two charged in connection with murder of Memphis man Shaun Hamblen

A man missing for the last week was shot and killed in a robbery, according to a Shelby County affidavit.

Alfonzo Amos, 21, has been charged with first-degree murder and especially aggravated robbery in the death of 23-year-old Shaun Hamblen.

A second suspect, 22-year-old Deeric Walton, has been charged with four counts of a convicted felon in possession of a handgun and possession of a controlled substance with intent to manufacture delivery or sell, according to police.

[...]

The affidavit said Amos admitted to "taking part" in Hamblen's disappearance and that Hamblen "had been shot multiple times and died as a result of those injuries."

Amos "also admitted to taking several items of value from Hamblen during his disappearance," according to the affidavit.

Memphis Police Department est.1827

IMO, sounds like Alfonzo Amos talked and said where to find Shaun, possible deal? . Doesn't sound like he was the shooter but did participate in the robbery and probably other stuff. Sounds like Deeric Walton was the actual shooter. Again IMO I think IIRC for TN, they both will get murder charges, one may be a little less time but still. Such tragedy.

Arrests Made In Murder Of Missing Man

[...]

According to an affidavit, Amos admitted to taking part in the disappearance, and to robbing Hamblen. It say Amos also admitted Hamblen was shot multiple times and died. The affidavit did not say who pulled the trigger.

Amos faces multiple charges including first-degree murder and aggravated robbery.

Police say a second man questioned, 22-year-old Deeric Walton, was questioned Thursday. According to the affidavit, Walton was developed as a suspect in Hamblen’s disappearance. When they went to question him, they say he took a long time answering the door. When asked why, they say he told them “I was hiding two guns.” Police say during a search, they found four guns, one of which had been stolen out of Somerville, and marijuana.

Walton is currently charged with four counts of being convicted felon in possession of a handgun and possession of a controlled substance with intent to manufacture delivery/sell to wit: marijuana. Police say he had a previous robbery conviction from September 14th of this year.

[...]

Alfonzo Amos_1544188468943.JPG_64479233_ver1.0_640_360.jpg Deeric Walton_1544188468950.JPG_64479234_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

(*video at link)

Arrests Made In Murder Of Missing Man

[...]

According to an affidavit, Amos admitted to taking part in the disappearance, and to robbing Hamblen. It say Amos also admitted Hamblen was shot multiple times and died. The affidavit did not say who pulled the trigger.

Amos faces multiple charges including first-degree murder and aggravated robbery.

Police say a second man questioned, 22-year-old Deeric Walton, was questioned Thursday. According to the affidavit, Walton was developed as a suspect in Hamblen’s disappearance. When they went to question him, they say he took a long time answering the door. When asked why, they say he told them “I was hiding two guns.” Police say during a search, they found four guns, one of which had been stolen out of Somerville, and marijuana.

Walton is currently charged with four counts of being convicted felon in possession of a handgun and possession of a controlled substance with intent to manufacture delivery/sell to wit: marijuana. Police say he had a previous robbery conviction from September 14th of this year.

[...]

View attachment 158719 View attachment 158720

(*video at link)
This goes back to my original theory, that IN MY OPINION mods, this was drug related.

Since his phone and wallet were in his car, what "several items of value" could they have taken? Watch maybe? Ugh.. it's just all so senseless.
Unfortunately, I believe it was a drug deal, a purchase for recreational use, and instead of delivering the goods they killed him, took the cash he was going to use for payment and kept the drugs to sell to someone else. The wallet may have been left, but it's easy to empty, and a phone might trace back to their location.

Shaun hasn’t been located though?

He was recovered in the vacant house on McDuff.

Police then received information that a body was found in the 3600 block of McDuff, which is a residential area more than 10 miles away from where the car was located.

A body was found on the property, and the identity has not been released by police.

However, Hamblen’s mother – Michelle Simpson – said in a Facebook post Thursday that the family’s “fears have been confirmed.”

MISSING MEMPHIS MAN KILLED: Shaun Hamblen's body found at vacant Memphis home, mother says

Police then received information that a body was found in the 3600 block of McDuff, which is a residential area more than 10 miles away from where the car was located.

A body was found on the property, and the identity has not been released by police.

However, Hamblen’s mother – Michelle Simpson – said in a Facebook post Thursday that the family’s “fears have been confirmed.”

MISSING MEMPHIS MAN KILLED: Shaun Hamblen's body found at vacant Memphis home, mother says
It was the Deceased/Not Found that threw me. Prayers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hollyann
Back