Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #2 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the video of the sheriff's PC above, he says there may be multiple other charges and other people involved. Very disturbing.
It is disturbing. <modsnipped> And no other local adult like at church, or a doctor/public health office, and she was isolated by home schooling.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm curious to find out who helped her. They deserve some credit too. Imo

I'm wondering if she had any contact with bio dad's family? Or was close with maternal family out of state? One article said she had family in the area, but wasn't found staying with family. That seems like a no-brainer to me. If they know SP is heading north and she's got family up north, it stands to reason that those family members would be checked out pretty quickly. We've seen case after case, story after story of children being returned to their abusers time after time, investigation after investigation. ETA: sorry, blanked on finishing my thoughts. I think if family was protecting her or trying to save her, they would do anything in their power to keep her from potentially being returned to the hell at home. This is one case where breaking the law is a-ok in my book.

I certainly wouldn't be surprised to find out the reason they moved was because this started long before the move.

The divorce was dropped and never completed.

Have a date for that? Curious as to timing of the divorce and adoption.

I firmly believe that she was picked up not far from her house, and transported outside the state.

In regards to her possibly catching a Greyhound, she would be required to travel with a passenger 17 years of age, or older.

That person would have to present ID.

I’m confident that law enforcement would have explored this option, and viewed surveillance footage.

I wonder if they wired her $ for a bus ticket, and she got to the Greyhound pickup place in London? It's very close to Corbin. Tix for Greyhound are pretty cheap too. Ya just gotta ride awhile.

R~ I thought about Greyhound but I think someone would have recognized her. Do you?

Not who you asked - but no. I don't think many people would have recognized her. By the time word got out, it had been what? 14 days? Most days I can't tell you who I was behind in the grocery store, muchness who I walked by on the sidewalk. I also think its possible she cut her hair off at some point to avoid be found.

It would have been difficult for her to ride Greyhound unless her mother was the one who took her to the station. Children 12-16 must have a parent or legal guardian fill out and sign an Unaccompanied Minor form at the Greyhound station-- they have to do this in person (no online forms):
Children-Travelling

I suppose it is possible an adult could falsely claim to be her legal guardian and get away with putting her on a bus alone but it sounds like their policy was written to try to prevent things like that from happening.

MOO.

I'm wondering if she had any contact with bio dad's family? Or was close with maternal family out of state? One article said she had family in the area, but wasn't found staying with family. That seems like a no-brainer to me. If they know SP is heading north and she's got family up north, it stands to reason that those family members would be checked out pretty quickly. We've seen case after case, story after story of children being returned to their abusers time after time, investigation after investigation. I certainly wouldn't be surprised to find out the reason they moved was because this started long before the move.

Have a date for that? Curious as to timing of the divorce and adoption.
Do a search on his name in each box "pruitt" "randall" "L" (you have to use the middle initial or you will get records for a different person).
Gwinnett County - Case Search - By Party Name

Not if she was gone that quickly. She may have planned this in advance. They noticed her missing at 4:30 a.m. Odds are, she booked as soon as that home was quiet, and had someone who helped her.

Then again, she's not far from Knoxville. I am probably wrong. However, some of the Knoxville greyhounds stop over in London, on their way to WI. She may have just hopped one there in Knoxville, turned off her phone, after crossing into Ky., and kicked back til she got to WI. No one is going to notice her reading on a bus, or sleeping.

She's 14 years old so I don't think she was booking a bus ticket considering she probably knew nothing about buses and was living out in the country. Odd are she was picked up and taken to where she was. Which is troubling when you think about it. She is just a 14 year kid.

We will find out soon where she was kept, who the people were, and what intentions were involved. It would be great if someone was just trying to help her escape from her nightmare, but we just don't know.

I suspect we'll hear the whole story at RP's trial. Poor SP! I hope her sisters are okay - it's not uncommon for more than one to be abused.

“It’s like having your soul ripped out of your body.”
“I am a man who fears god and is dedicated to Gods purpose for my life!”
“We made it on gma!”

A man of God indeed.
white-cloud-emoticon3.gif

https://heavy.com/news/2019/01/randall-pruitt/
https://www.facebook.com/randallpruitt777?ref=br_rs
Maybe he just meant that he’s having an out-of-body experience knowing that God’s purpose for his new life is to share a cell with someone who won’t be like the Apostle Paul, and that his new GMA coverage won’t be a plea for help.

Gettn punchy in my late night insomnia. Goin’ to bed now... See y’all 50 pages from now.

She's 14 years old so I don't think she was booking a bus ticket considering she probably knew nothing about buses and was living out in the country. Odd are she was picked up and taken to where she was. Which is troubling when you think about it. She is just a 14 year kid.

We will find out soon where she was kept, who the people were, and what intentions were involved. It would be great if someone was just trying to help her escape from her nightmare, but we just don't know.

I meant someone booked a ticket for her. Obviously she had to have assistance to get to the station.

... The victims of this will spread far and wide, especially those who come to accept it's true. His family, his friends, his children's friends and their families... anyone who had contact with this man will question themselves and their instincts and whether their own children were safe. How could I not know? How could I not see who he was? It's been more than 20 years and my Dad is still not over it.

I just hope people will remember how many victims there are in cases like this. I would hate for a tragedy to come out of it now that S is safe.

I'm so, so sorry that you and your family went through this. I can't even imagine how difficult it was, and continues to be.

Yes, I totally agree - people need to remember that the ripples of ugly events such as this spread far and wide, unfortunately.

It would have been difficult for her to ride Greyhound unless her mother was the one who took her to the station. Children 12-16 must have a parent or legal guardian fill out and sign an Unaccompanied Minor form at the Greyhound station-- they have to do this in person (no online forms):
Children-Travelling

I suppose it is possible an adult could falsely claim to be her legal guardian and get away with putting her on a bus alone but it sounds like their policy was written to try to prevent things like that from happening.

MOO.

I had one take off, and hitched a ride to Cinci, on their way to a bus ride to Cali. Managed to round them up before they got that far. Probably why things have changed over the years.

Is it possible that her mother helped her? If she told?

Could it happen? Yeah, I guess. Do I think there is a greater than 10% chance that happened? No. If you are helping your oldest daughter -your sunshine- get away from abuse, you don't handslap people online for criticizing you for using past tense verbs. You just dont give up valuable media coverage and make it about you and your hurt feelings.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed; religious discussion is against TOS>

So married in 2007. RP filed for D in 2015. Mutual RO. Vows renewed June 2018. Arrested Jan 2019.

Wow. I'd love to see the divorce documents when they were filed... especially with mutual RO. I am not surprised he's the one that filed though.

I meant someone booked a ticket for her. Obviously she had to have assistance to get to the station.

I think someone needs proof of identity to pick up things like that and also probably be 18 yrs old or older. I think that she was able to get a friend to get her to the Welcome Center in KY and from there let who ever was coming to get her from Wisconsin know where she was and just waited to be picked up.

I think it’s likely she took her sheet because RPs dna was on there and she knew it was her evidence/proof. Smart little cookie. She got herself away and safe and then maybe got a hold of authorities herself, explained to them her story, gave them the sheet (maybe under garments) to them for testing. So they enter the household in TN and I’m sure they very easily got hid DNA from there without him knowing that’s what they were actually ISO. I think the authorities have probably had her safe and sound for a while and I’m sure with all those LE around the TN farm, he didn’t dare do anything to the other girls. They might have just been waiting on the dna comparison to come back to charge him. I have another theory as well. But I’ll save it. This is just my ramblings of possible scenarios. If this is not permitted just let me know.

Is it possible that her mother helped her? If she told?
It's possible, but may be unlikely. Does anyone find it odd that parents check on a healthy 14 year old at 4:30AM? That's early to get up even on a farm. If the Mom helped her, wouldn't she give her as much time as possible for a headstart to escape? Like put pillows under the covers and tell the husband she is sleeping?

I checked Amtrak and they have similar restrictions to Greyhound. But a local adult can put a 14 year old unaccompanied on these types of transportation. The Mom might have gotten a friend to help in that way, by claiming SP was some other child, have another Mom use some other child's birth certificate and sign for the ticketing.

If SP were my relative (niece, granddaughter), I would have driven to TN and picked her up, driven her back to WI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova