Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #3 *ARRESTS*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's 31 years old, according to his birthdate on Twitter.

Wth?

Am I wrong for making assumptions here? I think I better just shut up until we learn more.

Right now we DO know a 31 year old male is being charged with “Child Abduction”.

He doesn’t appear to be a part of any rescue group :rolleyes:
(ETA: that I’ve seen yet)

—-

You know what, maybe I’m missing something and he’s some innocent hero for helping her get away. And there is nothing nefarious but yet he has to pay the piper legally. What are the chances of that?

Last edited:
Didn't LE say she was safe in that home in Wisconsin ? She was still there after she was found wasn't she? Eating, safe, warm...
According to deputies, the 14-year-old left home on her own free will because of what investigators called a family situation.

"She's in good health. She's safe, she's warm," said Monroe County Sheriff Tommy Jones.

The teen was still in Wisconsin as of Thursday night. Authorities did not know how she got there and didn't reveal what her relationship was to the homeowner.
https://www.wkyt.com/content/news/SP-Arrest-made-in-Tennessee-teens-disappearance-505160471.html

Him getting arrested for abduction may not mean anything nefarious. He did take an underage girl across state lines without parental consent. Technically, he broke the law, but that doesn't mean that actually kidnapped her or that she was "sold" to him. There may very well be malevolent things going on here with him, but so far we just have an arrest record, the sheriff stating that he thinks she left on her own free will, and the fact that she remained with him for a week after she called the FBI. I can't draw any concrete conclusions from those things.

If he came to rescue her through an organization for instance, it is still illegal to take her without her parent's consent. How is child abduction different from kidnapping? Is motive the difference? What else could they charge him with if it was a rescue?

In the one blog photo of him studying (from 2016), there's a text book called "Mid-Latitude Atmospheric Dynamics" and his T-shirt logo says "Wisconsin Storm Chasers" (I think). Was he studying to be a meteorologist maybe?

Wth?

Am I wrong for making assumptions here? I think I better just shut up until we learn more.

Right now we DO know a 31 year old male is being charged with “Child Abduction”.

He doesn’t appear to be a part of any rescue group :rolleyes:

—-

You know what, maybe I’m missing something and he’s some innocent hero for helping her get away. And there is nothing nefarious but yet he has to pay the piper legally. What are the chances of that?

There are people who get arrested for doing morally right (yet illegal) things every day. He broke the law whether he was helping her or actually kidnapping her.

There are people who get arrested for doing morally right (yet illegal) things every day. He broke the law whether he was helping her or actually kidnapping her.

I hear ya. Absolutely.

Just wondering how and why he was communicating with a 14 year old to begin with, and presumably did not contact Law Enforcement.

He's using yahoo messenger - does anyone still use that???
Doesn't look like it.

Yahoo! Messenger - Wikipedia
As of March 27, 2016, the only supported clients were the Android, iOS and web browser clients. The original Windows, Mac, Linux and Solaris clients were not supported anymore, and their servers began shutting down on August 5, 2016,[6] with the clients no longer working by August 31, 2016.[7] It turned out that the servers for the legacy clients were finally shut down sometime between the mid-morning and early afternoon hours Eastern Standard Time on September 1, 2016, resulting in the legacy desktop clients no longer being able to access their buddy/contact lists.

Yahoo Messenger was shut down on July 17, 2018 to focus on developing a Slack-like service titled Yahoo Together.[8]
Let’s crosscheck her facebooks, is she friends with him? (I wouldn’t think so if this is the first time he’s coming up?)
His friends list is locked down. No Rogers on hers or RP's, that I found. He could have an account in a different name.
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member