Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 167453

“Tennessee authorities said a teen girl who disappeared for over two weeks reached out to the St. Louis, Missouri, FBI while she was missing.”

Snip

“It’s still unclear why the teen specifically reached out to the FBI in St. Louis.”

Exactly. But we don’t know when she made that call.

From press conferences her father and LE said she had 2 phones with her. Maybe he smashed one but she had hidden the other one and Rogers was not aware of that phone. This could be how she got the call off to fbi.
Seems unlikely to me. I think by that point the FBI was monitoring the phones very closely and would have known the second they got a ping or any activity.

Report: Wisconsin man arrested, told Madisonville teen to film sexual assault as proof of abuse

“MADISON, Wis. — A Madison, Wisconsin, man induced a Madisonville, Tennessee, teen to film herself being sexually assaulted as she begged to be rescued from an abusive situation at home, federal court records state.

Bryan D. Rogers, 31, appeared Monday afternoon in U.S. District Court in Madison on a charge of sexual exploitation of a child to produce a visual depiction.”

Snip

“He'd been communicating with the girl for weeks online.”

See, this is exactly what I was talking about. LE said there was nothing related to being online. This turned out to not be true.

Catching up. I'm not sure if anyone replied to you Margarita25.

I am attempting to type through my tears. What is wrong with these people? Where are their morals?!

We have another young woman who somehow saved herself!

How long would SLP have gone missing in this creeps basement?

I wonder what clues gave them the activities ONLINE?!

Oh SLP. You have been through so much. Hiding in a closet? Or placed in a closet? That poor girl will need some serious help, nurturing, and above all love.

Can this get any more intense? Can SLP find a brighter future? And her siblings? I pray they all can have, and really do deserve, a much much better future, wouldn't we all say?

This guy could have, and should have, immediately reported this to law enforcement.

You don’t encourage a 14 year old girl to make a rape tape.

That is not normal.

That is not legal.

That is vile.

I know! I can't believe the people I see online defending this man's intentions. No sane grown *advertiser censored* man with good intentions encourages little girls to video their own rape. And they don't help them run away and hide them in their homes. Only a moron could pretend he thought his mother's basement was safer than the police in a situation like this.

I was trying to hope that maybe he meant well, but was just hopelessly naive in how he went about things. Now... I guess it fits the pattern where a molested child is more vulnerable to other predators.

And, what about her mother? Grrr.... If it’s true that SP told her mother and was not believed, what possible criminal penalties could there be? What does Tennessee law have to say on the subject?

Sorry if repost:

“In a statement, the Monroe County, Tenessee Sheriff’s Office said it “has switched its focus from what was previously a missing child investigation to what has become a criminal investigation.”

The statement went on to say that the Sheriff’s Office would be “unable to answer any questions or make any additional statements regarding this case.””

Madison man charged in connection with Tennessee teen found in Wisconsin

Report: Wisconsin man arrested, told Madisonville teen to film sexual assault as proof of abuse

He told her to get a video of the rape, and according to the affidavit, she got the video and emailed it to him.

"He saw the video and said it was blurry but that it was a video of a 'full blown rape'," the affidavit states.

Rogers claimed he did not send the video to law enforcement because he thought it wouldn't stand up in court, according to the documents.

The phone he said he used was found in his mother's basement. The affidavit includes text message conversations between the pair.

"And I know you don't want to do it but I don't exactly want to see your dad rape you either. But we need clear video evidence," Rogers said in one text. "But understand that I can get in a hell of a lot of trouble for harboring you Unless you can prove what he did they will just release you back to him if we get caught."

Text messages show Rogers explaining how the teen can record the alleged assault. The video was later found on his computer and is 7 minutes and 10 seconds long, the affidavit states.

I was trying to hope that maybe he meant well, but was just hopelessly naive in how he went about things. Now... I guess it fits the pattern where a molested child is more vulnerable to other predators.

And, what about her mother? Grrr.... If it’s true that SP told her mother and was not believed, what possible criminal penalties could there be? What does Tennessee law have to say on the subject?
@gitana1 have you seen the latest? Unbelievable what she has been through - now LE has knowledge that others knew of the rape by RP and did nothing - IMO others knew and should be punished - all the well wishers online make me sick if this is true (I think it is which is why she desperately turned to a stranger)

I THINK there is a lot of history with these 2 people (based on some comments I read elsewhere), and I think his intentions to help her were 100% pure of heart. I think they worked on this plan for a while. My guess is that SP's abuser had a pattern to his behavior-she knew when he would be coming into her room and so BDR told her to get proof and she then sent the proof to someone just in case something happened to her phones or accounts. Sometimes, you have to be your own hero and sometimes you need a sidekick to help with the plans, esp when you are only 14! The system we have to help people in this situation isn't great. we all know this. These 2 (perhaps 3 if his mother was aware of the plan ahead of time) did what needed to be done!

“I think his intentions to help her were 100% pure of heart.”

Very Strongly respectfully disagree.

I still believe the dad got rid of the sheet.
I doubt this dude told her to bring them. He destroyed her phone. He wasn't interested in having evidence to convict the dad.
He wanted to further the abuse because he knew she was young and impressionable!

Moo

Notice it says he destroyed her phone? Singular, not plural. Perhaps she had her second phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth