Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #4 *ARRESTS*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From chatroom to rape video: Court records detail East Tennessee girl's abduction, abuse
But when the 14-year-old Monroe County girl told him she was being raped, Bryan Rogers didn't call authorities, according to court records — he asked to see it.

"I know you don't want to do it," one message reads. "But we need clear video evidence. ... you understand that I can get in a hell of a lot of trouble."

Rogers watched the video but kept it for himself, according to the warrant, even though he admitted it clearly showed "a full-blown rape." He claimed he thought it wasn't enough to alert police, agents wrote.

Rogers and the girl began chatting Christmas Eve on Roblox, an online gaming platform. The chats moved to Facebook and an encrypted messaging app, where the girl told him Pruitt was molesting her, according to court records.

"I can't just stay here," she wrote. "If u don't help me somehow I might as well kill my (expletive) self like I've been planning to do."

The girl said no one believed her. Rogers hinted he might not believe her, either, agents said — not without video proof.

FBI agents acting on the digital evidence and a tip knocked at Rogers' door Thursday. They found the girl hiding, scared, but "doing fine," Monroe County Sheriff Tommy Jones said.

"He smashed both of the girl's phones, according to warrants — but that didn't keep agents from discovering the chats and the rape video through a search with an internet provider."

Ah, he did smash both phones. SP really got lucky here!

I’d bet the same, he knew that as a missing girl, they would take evidence from that room and the best bet he’d have to avoid detection would be to take the bedsheets and bury or burn them. It’s like something from a horrifying murder mystery. Moo
SBM
Plus.....someone made the bed after she escaped. I commented on that when they showed the parent's interview in the home where they did a walk-through of her room.

I have just gotten through the recent news and I am blown away by what I have read.

I am so proud that S.P. took the steps to contact the FBI on her own after all she has been through and in a boarderline suicidal state of mind at that (referenced in the last thread per her online conversation with BR.)

14 years old, raped by her adoptive 'father', not believed by her own mother, preyed upon by an online sicko and yet she still had the guts to reach out to the FBI. The freaking FBI!!

This little gal has more courage than I could even imagine and deserves so much respect.

She has been repeatedly brutalized by adults she (once) trusted and yet she still marched on and became her own hero.

I hope she can hear me cheering her on from Canada because I am going to follow her story very closely from this day forward.

This child will grow up and do some amazing things in her life because she is a survivor and a champion.

I hope she gets to hear that from the people who will now be taking care of her. And I hope she gets to stay with her siblings under one safe, happy and loving roof. She deserves that.

Thank you for this! IMO these are very uplifting words.

FEB 1, 2019 - Article updated with new video
Adoptive father of missing teen arrested, charged with rape
  • The children are in an undisclosed location.
  • Reporter talked to CP who said everything we're hearing is new to her as well. Right now, CP wants privacy as she works on bringing her daughter home.
  • RP was interviewed by various LE agencies Thurs night with attorney present.
  • They only asked him questions about SP's whereabouts.
  • They did not ask questions about the rape charge.
This was as of February 1- who knows where they are - but I think she has them JMO.
BBM
You do? Do you think the investigation of the home life of these children has found such that she can or will take proper care of them? That would surprise me. She might be able to have some supervised visits with them but I sure hope they are not left in her care at this point. She can't, hasn't or won't protect them, let alone she has no way to provide for them. jmo

I beg to differ. I also cut myself. It's a private thing. Not only did I not know WHY I cut myself, but I told no one until I had a breakdown at the age of 33 and was in therapy for 5 years.

I’m sorry you went through this, whitelilac. From reading (not personal experience, mind you), I’ve read that it’s difficult to categorize why people do this. We are all trying to grasp what SP endured and how she was coping through it. It does sound like she was getting desperate, even contemplating suicide, so we can envision she was in tremendous emotional pain.

FEB 1, 2019 - Article updated with new video
  • The children are in an undisclosed location.
  • Reporter talked to CP who said everything we're hearing is new to her as well. Right now, CP wants privacy as she works on bringing her daughter home.
  • RP was interviewed by various LE agencies Thurs night with attorney present.
  • They only asked him questions about SP's whereabouts.
  • They did not ask questions about the rape charge.
This was as of February 1- who knows where they are - but I think she has them JMO.
BBM

^^^ The bolded bits are concerning.
This is all new to CP ? Her daughter would say otherwise.
Hope SP is not forced to go live with CP; if she'd ( SP) rather not !

BBM
You do? Do you think the investigation of the home life of these children has found such that she can or will take proper care of them? That would surprise me. She might be able to have some supervised visits with them but I sure hope they are not left in her care at this point. She can't, hasn't or won't protect them, let alone she has no way to provide for them. jmo
I think TN may not intervene until they have conclusive proof - nothing in the court files as of today except for the RP rape charge. I have found nothing saying they were removed from the home only that they are "safe" - I will go find the link again. If it were me, I would be proceeding with the utmost of caution regarding the children. I just am not finding any evidence that LE is doing that with this matter IMO.

That’s what I’ve been wondering too. If he rescued her to help her, where was the help?

I hope when appropriate, it will be very clearly explained to SP that BR was not really her friend, that he did not have her best interest at heart, he did not rescue her, and he is NOT her hero, or a hero for that matter, IMO.

IMO, this conversation and understanding is important as it may prevent abuse in the future and stop that cycle for her.

BBM
hmm? this article says she is focusing on her three children - I know I read somewhere they were safe - BBM (I will keep looking )
AN 31, Updated FEB 1, 2019
The FBI joined the search for the girl and later obtained a search warrant for email and messaging records on the teen's cell phone. The search warrant indicates they found explicit video and photos of Randall Pruitt having sexual intercourse with his adoptive daughter in her bedroom.

Video of this explicit content was then emailed to someone, according to the search warrant.

Pruitt, who was being held without bond until his bond hearing Tuesday, was interviewed with his attorney present along with the FBI and MCSO; officials telling WATE 6 On Your Side they asked Pruitt questions surrounding the whereabouts of the missing girl.

According to MCSO, more charges are to come with multiple people involved.

WATE 6 On Your Side spoke with the mother of the 14-year-old girl, who says she had no idea about any of it and is focusing on coping, her three other children, and getting to see her 14-year-old daughter again after learning everything from authorities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth