Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #4 *ARRESTS*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For all we know BR may have told his mother that the girl was a friend's daughter who was staying temporarily for whatever reason, or that the girl was his new 20 something year old girlfriend. Who knows what the relationship is with his mom....maybe she's passive and he told her to stay out of his business. Maybe his mom had no idea SP was missing, being in Wisconsin.
I find it hard to believe his mom didn't know SP was in the house....unless she was out working most of the time, which is possible.

Or disabled and unable to move around much inside the house.

I wonder what the mother's reaction was when authorities found SP hiding in the closet. She did answer the door and let them in.
Was she shocked? Did she know?
Was SP hiding in the closet out of fear the mother would see her, or was she threatened by BR, or because she was fearful should it be her step dad or someone who would take her back to the stepdad?

I think she was hiding in fear of being taken back to her stepdad. While I think BDR was likely a predator, I don't believe his MO was the restrain and intimidation kind. That doesn't make him less dangerous, just means he might operate in a different kind of way to get what he wants.

Would it be out of the way?

I think Madisonville to Madison is a pretty straight shot, but I know I don’t always take the gps direction and they wouldn’t have to travel through St. Louis (just near) for the St. Louis FBI to be called. Or maybe the St. Louis FBI was listed because the person was missing from there.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity

How do you all think this would have played out if there was no video or any evidence of her rape? Consider a scenario in which SP had just run away and was found at a truck stop or something, tells the FBI she ran away because her stepdad is a rapist creep, CPS is called in, they can't find anything wrong and then what? Her only chance may have been to start standing up to him, risking physical abuse, or possibly killing herself or her parents. Maybe, in some perfect wonderful world, she would have called 911 instead and hoped for the best, but I doubt that RP would be in jail right now.

It is weird for BR to be playing Roblox and living in his mom's basement, I can agree. He comes off as a bit of a high functioning asperger to me or a person with some other impairments, not remotely like the guy in JC's case. Until he is charged with kidnapping or any sexual or predatory crime, I don't think the derogatory slamming of him is appropriate and am little shocked at how quickly so many of you are willing to tear him down and let him distract you from the real perp here, which is Randy Pruitt. BR's arrest appears largely to be a technical and cautionary one, because he did (knowingly) break a cut and clear law by having SP send him that video. What he really should have done was asked her to keep it on her phone and ensure it did not get transmitted anywhere else or shown to anyone but LE, then brought her to the FBI asap.

The media has cleverly omitted any part of the text convo that puts BR in a better light. Like:

"Unless you can prove what he did they will just release you back to him if we get caught."
You all know that is a valid concern. Especially reading these forums and how well CPS operates.

Why didn't he or his mom call authorities? That is the main question he is accountable for. SP was found hiding in his closet - for all we know she begged him not to call anyone because she was scared or not ready (not an excuse of course). He knew he would be in trouble and we don't actually have ANY facts as to what motivated him to help her. No matter what we think of BR, the bottom line is that if it were not for his involvement, she would not be safe now.

None of us would have handled it the way BR did, but you have to consider the perspective, problem solving capacity and tools of the person acting before judging the action. I honestly believe he thought he was doing the right thing by her but unfortunately has a misunderstanding and mistrust of authority. I'm going to be sitting on my hands from here on out until we learn the full story or hear from SP herself. In parting I'll say I hope RP rots in prison and those other little girls were spared.
Thank you! I'm thinking something similar!!!
(sorry in advance for the long post)

Call me Pollyanna but I’m also so hoping that SP was not victimized again by this guy. I’ve seen no indication that she was assaulted by him. “Sexual Exploitation” is referring to the prompting to take the video. There is the additional charge of “transporting across state line for sexual reasons” (paraphrasing) but that’s a speculative charge, right? And could be in relation to transporting the video/pictures across state lines. (Any lawyers reading that could clarify?)

The lay-out of the house would lead us to believe that it would be nearly impossible for BR’s mother to not know she was in the house for at least some of the 17 days, right?

LE first arrived at the home at 4:00pm (spoke to BR) and returned at 8:00pm (spoke to BR's mom). Could she have been at work at 4:00 and had arrived home by 8:00? Wonder what it was like in those 4 hours in that house? Or at least until mom arrived home, and maybe after. They (SP & BR) knew this is where the *advertiser censored* hits the fan. They may not have known at this point (4:00pm) that RP had been arrested. (what time did the news/Internet report that RP was picked up and was it local [TN] or national news?) “What’s the plan now? The cops are onto us.” I’d die to know what conversations were taking place. He couldn’t risk taking her out of the house at 4:00pm, could he? He may have thought that LE had him under surveillance. Plus, neighbors would catch their first glimpse of SP (neighbors would be arriving home from work and school during that time). I think that if he was scared that he would be charged with any type of assault, he would have made a run for it (either with SP or alone) after it turned dark - say 6:00pm or so? Mom may not have known LE showed up at 4:00. Surely, she would have called them then, right? Or, maybe she did and that was the “tip” that brought the *exigent need to return and search at 8:00pm.

They must have taken SP to the hospital to have her checked out, right? It would be negligence if they didn’t. Would they have performed a rape kit if she admitted to anything going on with BR? If so, would the charges be different and/or more? At the very least, they would have discovered recent activity. DNA may not be back yet as to who else’s DNA was collected, if any. LE could be awaiting this to add more charges.

This scenario would assume that mom knew, supported her son’s activities (even if scared and/or after the fact), was involved with helping SP stay safe and kept her mouth shut. But then there’s the pesky little detail that mom would have had to have trusted her son to NOT be acting nefariously with SP while she was away from the house. Perhaps SP was a guest in an upstairs bedroom? Perhaps she was only in the basement closet because she fled there to hide when LE came calling a second time? Perhaps he is gay and mom knew he wouldn’t harm her? If mom knew and thought that what was going on was altruistic, she could have been assisting. If not, she would have been arrested too, right? Mom has not been arrested yet, that we know of.

*I’m worried that the exigent circumstances to search the house won’t hold up in court UNLESS MOM WAS THE “TIP”. LE had 4 hours to present before a judge to obtain a search warrant. When they didn’t/couldn’t get that warrant, they returned, claiming exigency even though they had strong circumstantial evidence that she was there for a while [“FBI agents acting on the digital evidence and a tip……” From chatroom to rape video: Court records detail Madisonville girl's abduction, abuse], since around 1/25 when they had access to “2,000 pages of phone and SM data”. I don’t think they had any evidence AT THAT TIME (4:00pm or 8:00pm) that she was in danger/was being mistreated or a search warrant would have been easy to get.

ALL MHO

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity

How do you all think this would have played out if there was no video or any evidence of her rape? Consider a scenario in which SP had just run away and was found at a truck stop or something, tells the FBI she ran away because her stepdad is a rapist creep, CPS is called in, they can't find anything wrong and then what? Her only chance may have been to start standing up to him, risking physical abuse, or possibly killing herself or her parents. Maybe, in some perfect wonderful world, she would have called 911 instead and hoped for the best, but I doubt that RP would be in jail right now.

It is weird for BR to be playing Roblox and living in his mom's basement, I can agree. He comes off as a bit of a high functioning asperger to me or a person with some other impairments, not remotely like the guy in JC's case. Until he is charged with kidnapping or any sexual or predatory crime, I don't think the derogatory slamming of him is appropriate and am little shocked at how quickly so many of you are willing to tear him down and let him distract you from the real perp here, which is Randy Pruitt. BR's arrest appears largely to be a technical and cautionary one, because he did (knowingly) break a cut and clear law by having SP send him that video. What he really should have done was asked her to keep it on her phone and ensure it did not get transmitted anywhere else or shown to anyone but LE, then brought her to the FBI asap.

The media has cleverly omitted any part of the text convo that puts BR in a better light. Like:

"Unless you can prove what he did they will just release you back to him if we get caught."
You all know that is a valid concern. Especially reading these forums and how well CPS operates.

Why didn't he or his mom call authorities? That is the main question he is accountable for. SP was found hiding in his closet - for all we know she begged him not to call anyone because she was scared or not ready (not an excuse of course). He knew he would be in trouble and we don't actually have ANY facts as to what motivated him to help her. No matter what we think of BR, the bottom line is that if it were not for his involvement, she would not be safe now.

None of us would have handled it the way BR did, but you have to consider the perspective, problem solving capacity and tools of the person acting before judging the action. I honestly believe he thought he was doing the right thing by her but unfortunately has a misunderstanding and mistrust of authority. I'm going to be sitting on my hands from here on out until we learn the full story or hear from SP herself. In parting I'll say I hope RP rots in prison and those other little girls were spared.
Following/catching up. Agree 100% with your statements.

<modsnipped personal anecdote>

We still don’t know if RP was ever investigated & cleared before. If SP can’t get out & knows the “schedule” of her rapist, than advising her to get video evidence is not “enticing” her to engage in sexually explicit behavior. It’s just filming what was going to happen again anyway.

For now, unless & until we have evidence that her “rescuer” had ill intent or sexually criminal behavior, I’ll not condem his actions. Given what we know at this time, I personally could never convict this guy.

I reserve the right to change my position with new info, but I stand by this for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
As I said, our opinions vary.

All the sources I quoted are providing data for GLA (gross living area), which is above-grade, heated living space. This does not include the basement. It is a separate entity and all data has separated it from the data for the main floor (GLA).

Also, it quotes a master bedroom. A master bedroom has an en suite bathroom. Since it has 3 bedrooms on the main floor, the other bathroom HAS to be on the main floor, or one would have to go through the master bedroom to access facilities.

*Also, it has 2 full baths (toilet, sink, tub). Otherwise, it would be quoted as 1.75 baths (3/4 bath = toilet, sink, shower).

Interior Information
Bedrooms:
Full Baths: 2
Property Details For Parcel 081021305067 - Property Look-up - Property Information - City Assessor - City of Madison, Wisconsin

I have not found a blueprint, floor plan or sketch of the home. That would clear things up.

In the picture of the home, you can see the bathroom is right there by the living room.

I posted another house that looks almost identical that has a basment bathroom. Master bedroom does not necessarily mean a bathroom.

If one looks at the house I posted that has more info as it is for sale, the layout can be seen .

All the sources I quoted are providing data for GLA (gross living area), which is above-grade, heated living space. This does not include the basement. It is a separate entity and all data has separated it from the data for the main floor (GLA).

Also, it quotes a master bedroom. A master bedroom has an en suite bathroom. Since it has 3 bedrooms on the main floor, the other bathroom HAS to be on the main floor, or one would have to go through the master bedroom to access facilities.

*Also, it has 2 full baths (toilet, sink, tub). Otherwise, it would be quoted as 1.75 baths (3/4 bath = toilet, sink, shower).

Interior Information
Bedrooms:
Property Details For Parcel 081021305067 - Property Look-up - Property Information - City Assessor - City of Madison, Wisconsin

I have not found a blueprint, floor plan or sketch of the home. That would clear things up.

Interior Information
Bedrooms:

Does the burgundy bathroom look like it has a tub? It looks like a shower to me. Are there dimensions for the bathrooms lksted? I did not see it.

Being from MN and havinf friends in WI, I have seen hundreds of homes with a bathroom upstairs and the ither bathroom in the basement.

It's been my impression that children will hold this looking the other way, silent partner, unbelieving other parent (such as a mother when a father has been SA the child) responsible too and will hold it against them for the rest of their life. jmo

In the picture of the home, you can see the bathroom is right there by the living room.

I posted another house that looks almost identical that has a basment bathroom. Master bedroom does not necessarily mean a bathroom.

If one looks at the house I posted that has more info as it is for sale, the layout can be seen .
Exterior looks similar but different lay-out/floor plan.
We'll agree to disagree?
Peace.

<modsnipped leave the minor children out of the discussion>Doesn't the mother Care? These kids have to be interviewed separately. I hope there are goodhearted relatives that will take them in. I will pray for this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why did he lie and deny he met her, transported her etc? I think his motives are suspect IMO - I truly believe it was just a matter of time and this is a very bad man who deserves no freedom JMO- I believe there is way more to come out
————
According to investigators, an FBI tip led authorities to the home of Rogers, who lives with his mother, in Madison, Wisconsin - where the teen was found.
The affidavit says Rogers initially told investigators he never met the girl in person and did not travel to Tennessee to pick her up. He also said the girl wasn't in his home.

A short time later, an investigator arrived at the home and met with Rogers' mother. Officers searched Rogers' living area in his mother's basement and found the girl hiding in a closet.
Wisconsin man charged with sexual exploitation in case involving Madisonville teen

Exterior looks similar but different lay-out/floor plan.
We'll agree to disagree?
Peace.

The only thing I am interested in is that I feel he kept her in the basement and I feel there was a bathroom down there and the mother did not know about the special guest.

What did he say to her to keep her quiet?

Was she hidden in the closet or was she hiding?

Sex abusers are very clever . I read that it is as if they have a Phd in how to control a child.

I posted how he had to be intelligent because of being accepted in UW Madison.

People posted what age group was appealing to the game he met her on.

Who knows what kind of feelers he put out there for others. He hit the jackpot with her.

Saying she needed to video the horrendous rape. Um hm. He is a an expert on what happens when children reveal. NOT!

He is a predator. If he was such an expert on child sex abuse, his brilliance would have googled what agencies would,help her.

He is 31 years old.

The only thing I am interested in is that I feel he kept her in the basement and I feel there was a bathroom down there and the mother did not know about the special guest.

What did he say to her to keep her quiet?

Was she hidden in the closet or was she hiding?

Sex abusers are very clever . I read that it is as if they have a Phd in how to control a child.

I posted how he had to be intelligent because of being accepted in UW Madison.

People posted what age group was appealing to the game he met her on.

Who knows what kind of feelers he put out there for others. He hit the jackpot with her.

Saying she needed to video the horrendous rape. Um hm. He is a an expert on what happens when children reveal. NOT!

He is a predator. If he was such an expert on child sex abuse, his brilliance would have googled what agencies would,help her.

He is 31 years old.
And enticed her to video the most horrific assault a child can endure he is bad IMO

I'm too tired to look back, if anyone could tell me, when is RP's first hearing??

"A judge in Monroe County set bond today at $2 million for Randall Lee Pruitt. Pruitt is the 41-year-old adoptive father of a Madisonville teen who disappeared for nearly three weeks last month.

The case is now headed for a grand jury; Pruitt’s next court date is May 13.

The judge also imposed a gag order, preventing anyone involved in any facet of the case – from investigation to court proceedings – from making a public statement outside the courtroom."

BOND SET FOR ADOPTIVE FATHER CHARGED WITH RAPE IN CASE OF MISSING MONROE COUNTY TEEN

Seriously? Read the message exchanges between the victim and the predator - I did - it’s not good IMO
Yes, seriously- for now as I’ve said. Post your link please. The messages I’ve seen don’t lead me to believe anything other than what I’ve posted. And, like I’ve said, I witnessed total failure of CPS to act with reporting. It is an experience I’ll never forget.

Following/catching up. Agree 100% with your statements.

Personally witnessed CPS failing an abused girl. It was a horrific situation & in spite of several calls to the child abuse hotline- by myself and others, she never got help. I felt powerless. Clearly reporting made no difference.

We still don’t know if RP was ever investigated & cleared before. If SP can’t get out & knows the “schedule” of her rapist, than advising her to get video evidence is not “enticing” her to engage in sexually explicit behavior. It’s just filming what was going to happen again anyway.

For now, unless & until we have evidence that her “rescuer” had ill intent or sexually criminal behavior, I’ll not condem his actions. Given what we know at this time, I personally could never convict this guy.

I reserve the right to change my position with new info, but I stand by this for now.
Since he is charged with taking a minor across state lines for sexual purposes, wouldn't it be assumed that LE has enough evidence to believe that he did or at least intended to engage in sexual activities?
It is a serious charge that carries a heavy sentence. Isn't it 15-30 years?
Have we heard from our lawyers? Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member