Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #4 *ARRESTS*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I would like to know is how a stay at home mother never saw or heard anything in the alleged 12 yrs this on-going rape was going on in the family home. Additionally, why hasn't she made any statement rejoicing that her child was found safe?
I mentioned to my better 9/10s about SP's mom not believing her. Response was "Typical and not surprised."

Can someone provide an article link or clarification that in homes were one of the adult partners is sexually abusing a child; that there is minimal or no sexual activity between the adult partners. I'm sure I read that sometime over the decades. TIA

The guy lied to police as soon as they located him. Not the actions of a “savior” who was confused. Jmo

And that's one of the main reasons why I think dude is sketchy as heck. He had plenty of opportunities to tell LE what was going on, like when they actually showed up at his door, and he didn't.

In the CC FB is mentioned, yet when I asked about cross referencing if they were friends yesterday I don’t recall a connection mentioned/found here? (Or did I somehow miss it?) If they were not friends, how did they communicate via FB? A group? Messenger? (Photography Group, etc?)

Also, has it been released which “encrypted messenger app” they used?

Thanks in advance.

It said that they initially met on Roblox. Many times people will meet on one platform and then carry their relationship on over to another one. We do it here on WS sometimes-privately chat back and forth here and then eventually become FB friends. FB chats take place through Messenger-an app that can also be downloaded onto your phone.

A possibility of why RP moved the family to TN....the punishment for statuatory rape is less years than other states. Am I right, Sleuthers?

Maybe. Age of consent in GA is 16, while it's 18 in Tennessee. In GA, a felony stautory rape charge is 10-20 years in prison. A misdemeanor is 1-20 years. Georgia Age of Consent & Statutory Rape Laws

In Tennessee, it's a maximum of 6 years for a felony.

IMO, that's not why they moved there, though. I think someone got suspicious so the family just moved to another state. Social services have really bad communication over state lines. Sometimes LE does as well.

The thing that has me baffled most right now is that we haven’t heard anything of further arrests? I just would have thought there’d be one more arrest. Maybe that’s all there will be, RP and BDR.

They may still be investigating CP. At least, I hope so, I don't think there's any way she didn't know.

There, I said it.

"Doing something good" would have been for this 31 year old man to contact the authorities and tell them that he suspected a 14 year old suicidal child was being sexually abused by her step father, period.

In the complaint, BR clearly demonstrated his manipulation skills by requesting SP produce a rape video not only for alleged evidence of rape, but allegedly to legally protect himself for helping her.

"Doing good" does not include lying to LE when they come to truly rescue a suicidal child. Helping a child does not involve hiding them in a closet when police return a second time to search your home.

No, for two weeks BR kept SP for his own demented pleasure. If you want to help a suicidal child and rape victim, you take them to a hospital. You don't hide them in a basement closet.

From all accounts, like Jayme, SP rescued herself by contacting the FBI.

MOO

What amazes me is that even adults can fall for this bull as to him trying to save her by sending a video of her being raped. And even step up for him in saying so. That to me is what is beyond belief. A thirteen-year-old, possibly, but any adults who believe that....

SMDH

We don't know yet if he took advantage of her. All we have is the DA's statement of intent to charge him with a crime of intent.

Regardless, he's in a boatload of trouble. And, deservedly so!!!

This is where I strongly disagree, yes, he did take advantage of her.

Obviously he did because he asked her to take a video of her being raped. And to send it to him. If that isn't the definition of somebody taking advantage of another person in a vulnerable situation, I don't know what else would qualify.

"The complaint alleges that between Dec. 24 and Jan. 13, Rogers “knowingly and intentionally persuaded, induced, and coerced” the girl to take the video of herself being sexually abused. He faces a mandatory minimum sentence of 15 years in prison, or up to 30 years."

In my opinion.

Last edited:
This is where I strongly disagree, yes, he did take advantage of her.

Obviously he did because he asked her to take a video of her being raped. And to send it to him. If that isn't the definition of somebody taking advantage of another person in a vulnerable situation, I don't know what else would qualify.

In my opinion.
Yes. A good person would have told her to contact LE. Even his having her get video evidence I can accept. Having her send it to him then driving 700 miles to get her to bring home raises many red flags.

I really wanted him to be a hero, a man that helps get this child away from her dad. I was even thinking maybe she was afraid she would be sent back home to her parents house if he admitted he had her in Wisconsin, hoping that's why he lied about her the 1st the time police came to his house. (naive, immature)
My problem with this now that more evidence has come out is:

1. He demanded a video, and then when he got the video he told cops he thought it probably wouldn't stand up in court? (wasn't that the whole reason for the video?)

2. He also smashed SP's phone with the evidence? (WHY destroy her own evidence?)

3. His own mother didn't even know SP was there in her own home? BIG RED FLAG! If BR really honestly was only trying to help SP and NOTHING more, he would have told her. His mom could have been this little girl's savior, as she would have known exactly what to do...Call the police!

4. He kept a copy on his own computer? OMG

SBM

I agree.

Side note....I'm interested in the key factor(s) of their almost divorce.

I am surprised that someone from the media has not gone to where they used to live in Georgia to look that up. It will be public record, even though it would take going to the courthouse to do it. Moo

Maybe. Age of consent in GA is 16, while it's 18 in Tennessee. In GA, a felony stautory rape charge is 10-20 years in prison. A misdemeanor is 1-20 years. Georgia Age of Consent & Statutory Rape Laws

In Tennessee, it's a maximum of 6 years for a felony.

IMO, that's not why they moved there, though. I think someone got suspicious so the family just moved to another state. Social services have really bad communication over state lines. Sometimes LE does as well.

Isn't that the kicker, BDR has more potential time?

In Tennessee, it's a maximum of 6 years for a felony for step father you noted.

Yet...

"The complaint alleges that between Dec. 24 and Jan. 13, Rogers “knowingly and intentionally persuaded, induced, and coerced” the girl to take the video of herself being sexually abused. He faces a mandatory minimum sentence of 15 years in prison, or up to 30 years."

I am surprised that someone from the media has not gone to where they used to live in Georgia to look that up. It will be public record, even though it would take going to the courthouse to do it. Moo

I'm curious about this too. I won't be able to find it, so take it with a grain of salt, but I'm sure I read that the almost-divorce was his idea, not hers.

I really wanted him to be a hero, a man that helps get this child away from her dad. I was even thinking maybe she was afraid she would be sent back home to her parents house if he admitted he had her in Wisconsin, hoping that's why he lied about her the 1st the time police came to his house. (naive, immature)

1. He demanded a video, and then when he got the video he told cops he thought it probably wouldn't stand up in court? (wasn't that the whole reason for the video?)

2. He also smashed SP's phone with the evidence? (WHY destroy her own evidence?)

3. His own mother didn't even know SP was there in her own home? BIG RED FLAG! If BR really honestly was only trying to help SP and NOTHING more, he would have told her. His mom could have been this little girl's savior, as she would have known exactly what to do...Call the police!

I had hoped this guy was a good guy too, but he definitely isn't, from all that we're learning now. This guy is a who's just as bad as SP's dad. So sad that she tried to flee one situation only to end up with someone else who was likely planning to put her in the same type of situation. Ugh.

I agree with all of these statements!

We all wanted to hope that she was rescued by a good samaritan so that this horrible story could have a rainbow at the end.
Sadly, the adult who rescued her set a rotten example of how to handle this type of situation.
Let's be hopeful that there was no SA by this guy, because that may just push me over the edge.

I had hoped this guy was a good guy too, but he definitely isn't, from all that we're learning now. This guy is a who's just as bad as SP's dad. So sad that she tried to flee one situation only to end up with someone else who was likely planning to put her in the same type of situation. Ugh.

Yup. Unless he drove her directly to the police station in town, there was no way he was going to be someone who was going to help her. IMO.

The video that was made most likely is the only reason RP was arrested. Sexual assault is extremely difficult to prove and even more so with this type of dynamic. IMO, without physical evidence, SP would have remained in the home with her abuser, with him even more powerful.
I have personally seen a situation where a child reported sexual assault and the accused parent was only removed for 48 hours.
Most states also dismiss claims of sexual abuse of children during separation and divirce. In some cases, taking custody away (penalizing) from the parent thats actually trying to protect the child.

Yes. A good person would have told her to contact LE. Even his having her get video evidence I can accept. Having her send it to him then driving 700 miles to get her to bring home raises many red flags.

Good morning everyone...

bbm I am confused about the following statements in these articles:

According to the Monroe County Sheriff's Office, the teen contacted the St. Louis FBI field office at some point; however, a tip did not lead to Rogers. The sheriff's office says that information developed during the investigation.

Feds: Wisconsin man met Tennessee teen playing 'Roblox' before picking her up from home

According to WATE-TV in Knoxville, the Monroe County Sheriff's Office says the teenager contacted the FBI during the investigation into her disappearance.

Sheriff: Man persuaded TN teen to make sexually explicit video, took her to Wisconsin

Can someone explain or expound on those statements?

BBM Completely unnecessary if you ask me. BR could have made the trip and been waiting for the next rape, picked up SP and driven her to the nearest ER for a rape kit. Jmo. I think he is a predator by the truest definition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth