Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #4 *ARRESTS*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know yet if he took advantage of her. All we have is the DA's statement of intent to charge him with a crime of intent.

Regardless, he's in a boatload of trouble. And, deservedly so!!!
Considering the charges and the statements he made, I think it's pretty fair to say he took advantage of a child who was already a victim, and in a vulnerable position.
That's what predators usually do. Imo

I'm curious about this too. I won't be able to find it, so take it with a grain of salt, but I'm sure I read that the almost-divorce was his idea, not hers.

Same here, I won't be able to find it, but somebody posted up thread the Georgia house and she did a quit claim to him? Iirc

I think they got the video evidence from her laptop. I remember it being mentioned that it was taken, and that it was returned to family.

I am going to try to get a timeline started today.

I am so far behind!
Real life kicked me in the keister yesterday guys, I won't be able to get this together :(

I'm curious about this too. I won't be able to find it, so take it with a grain of salt, but I'm sure I read that the almost-divorce was his idea, not hers.

If the adoption was legal, would RP automatically have the same visitation rights as a biological father?

Good morning everyone...

bbm I am confused about the following statements in these articles:

Feds: Wisconsin man met Tennessee teen playing 'Roblox' before picking her up from home

Sheriff: Man persuaded TN teen to make sexually explicit video, took her to Wisconsin

Can someone explain or expound on those statements?
I'm guessing that when she called she either did not say where she was or did not know.
I think I read that they found her by tracing his Email address, which maybe they found from the digital evidence?
It sounds like once they investigated further, they were able to find out they were communicating through the gaming app, and found his Email account, and the address associated with it. That's how I understood it. Imo

What amazes me is that even adults can fall for this bull as to him trying to save her by sending a video of her being raped. And even step up for him in saying so. That to me is what is beyond belief. A thirteen-year-old, possibly, but any adults who believe that....

SMDH

And I'll remind people that there were original positive comments on SLP's "hero" in Wisconsin, to which I replied-

We are so absurdly ecstatic right now that we are not thinking clearly, IMO. Looking through the rose colored glasses of euphoria. But something isn’t right. Was this an internet connection with a man/savior. Who is it that multiple people may be charged? How does that work... (post 422, #2).

I am not sure if my post 416 (this thread) was seen as sympathetic to BR, but the quote/comments to my post make it appear to be taken that way. Regarding the replies- I am completely aware of what BR has done, and I don't need to be reminded with a list his depraved wrongdoings. I am not remotely sympathetic to BR.

But I can admit that in this case, I don't think we know the specifics of the charges involving intent. Is the charge related to the video request or actual physical rape? It could be either or both. Is this allowed to be considered or are you sympathetic if you discuss it? Is there one grade of bad? Would SLP still be getting raped? I care only in how this affects SLP, and obviously hope she wasn't betrayed beyond what we know.

"They saved her"

Last edited:
Did you read the complaint? It’s in the media thread together with all of the articles that detail snippets of their chats and messages - he was a predator to her no doubt in my mind
Madison man charged in connection with Tennessee teen found in Wisconsin

And when you read the complaint read the last paragraph and let that sink in - then recall that BR told her she had to obtain video evidence of the rape - he’s as culpable as RP IMO - if he had an innocent bone he would have called the police on December 24 when she first confided in him -
From chatroom to rape video: Court records detail Madisonville girl's abduction, abuse

The phone he said he used was found in his mother's basement. The affidavit includes text message conversations between the pair.

"And I know you don't want to do it but I don't exactly want to see your dad rape you either. But we need clear video evidence," Rogers said in one text. "But understand that I can get in a hell of a lot of trouble for harboring you Unless you can prove what he did they will just release you back to him if we get caught."

Text messages show Rogers explaining how the teen can record the alleged assault. The video was later found on his computer and is 7 minutes and 10 seconds long, the affidavit states.

Report: Wisconsin man arrested, told Madisonville teen to film sexual assault as proof of abuse

Complaint
Criminal complaint

WARNING GRAPHIC

I’ve read it all. And I stand by the fact that there is much we don’t know. Was BR ever the victim of SA? Were crimes against BR ever reported, investigated & cleared- only to further expose him to continued SA? Or perhaps this happened to someone else close to him, that he felt irrefutable evidence was needed. BR has no prior criminal record that has been published. And no other *advertiser censored*/child *advertiser censored* in criminal complaint. And although BR states that SP told her mom, who ignored her, we don’t know that. Since the sheriff’s office has stated that they will no longer answer questions regarding this case, we may likely never know all the details. Critically important details to determine someone’s intent, criminal action, guilt/innocence. Even the fed officer states that the charge of transporting across state lines may not be filed against BR.

I stand by my position. RP is the slimeb@g here, guilty of rape & should receive maximum punishment possible. Not willing to throw BR under bus- or in jail- without WAY MORE INFORMATION. If & when this information comes to light, and can be established as fact, and not conjecture, I’ll revise my position.

Let’s play defense for a moment . . . Is it possible that BDR is not who we think he is? Could he be on the spectrum? So much about him doesn’t seem to add up. What we know:

He’s a 31 year old loner, still living home w/Mom and passionate about being a weather chaser. (Is there a career in that?)

His attempts at social media in the realm of his peers is minimal and although attempted, very little interaction w/others much less follow-up after setting up accounts.

Perhaps he hangs out w/younger people because he’s accepted there?

Being book smart does not always translate to common sense, because that, he lacks. He may have a low emotional IQ, as well. That could well explain the logic behind the video. Is this not the age of phone cams taken out for everything? A person can be dying on the street and people will film it, detached and immune to what they are “experiencing”.

He’s afraid of getting “in trouble”, was afraid to intervene without “evidence”.

Speaking of, there is no evidence (as of now) that a SA took place. Is it possible he’s celibate?

His basic defense might be that he only wanted to help but lacked the appropropriate intellectual tools after picking her up. Perhaps it was SP making decisions?

If any of this is remotely true, SP will defend what he did.

I've finally caught up with everything and have had a chance to think this whole situation over for a bit.

My thoughts and these are mine alone:

1. BR is an opportunistic predator. He is the lowest of the low. Taking advantage of a sexually abused child (and she is still a child) under the guise of being her hero and protector is evil. I have no other word to describe what has happened here.

2. Any normal person, who truly wanted to help SP, would have picked her up, taken her to the hospital and called police PERIOD. No need for a video - no need for anything other than compassion and doing the right thing. He used an extremely vulnerable, depressed child for his own perverted purpose. I do not believe he had any intention of helping her. His purpose was intended for his own personal gratification.

3. RP is nothing but a rapist and the worst kind. Raping your adopted daughter is again, one of the lowest of the low. Again, a predator, and a disgusting excuse for a human being. I'm going to bet that more abuse has been going on in that house.

4. I could say lots about the parenting on both sides of the equation here but I'm not going to. I think actions speak for themselves and I am thoroughly disgusted.

5. I HATE when LE announces that a missing child has been found safe and they really weren't. LE knew SP had been raped. They knew that BR's intentions were anything but pure. SP was not safe. Yup, but she was sheltered and she was fed. How does that make her safe? I've heard this many times over and I don't understand why they even say that the victim has been found safe. Just a thing for me. I HATE IT!

6. My heart aches for SP. Her desperation, her fear, her trauma is killing me. That poor child. Her mother didn't believe her. Brutal. I'm going to leave it at that for now.

I hope that both these predators are dealt with harshly in a court of law. If others are found to be involved or negligent, I hope they get what they deserve as well.

As for SP, I hope she finds a loving and supportive network of adults who will provide the stability and compassion that she needs to heal. SP is a fighter. She managed to get out, albeit probably not quite how she thought this was going to shake out but she got out. That says a lot.

MOO

I believe that SP, hiding in the closet, is a critical clue to how BDR was continuing to manipulate the fears in SP’s mind.

That overwhelming fear that ‘they’ were coming to take her back home. The utter desperation that the ‘proof’ didn’t work.

The conversations that he would be having with this young, defeated, soul? Nightmare scenario on top of all her previous nightmares.

We have hope that SP will be given the proper care to convince her that she is more than worthy to feel, and receive, love. There are some hurdles, but I have faith in her ability to recover. All imo mho
BBM
Exactly - this more than anything shows his evil intent - she did what he demanded (produced the video) and did not go to LE even after the nationwide search was ongoing - he knew what he was doing was very wrong IMO.

It is interesting that BR has no prior record in Wisconsin so if he has always lived there, he has never been in trouble before. This in no way means he is innocent or has never done anything wrong before but I would have expected to see something prior by the age of 31.

Posting this as people were asking about plea Bargains, @gitana1 has given her input, and I thought this was information from another thread that was insightful and a learning post by @Seattle1

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ct-2018-arrest-43.415671/reply?quote=14789907

"On average, 94 percent of state-level felony convictions are the result of plea bargains, as well as around 97 percent of federal convictions.
Most criminal cases end in plea bargains, not trials

Today, more than 95 percent of cases that resolve in a conviction are the result of plea bargains.
The Rise of Plea Bargains and Fall of the Right to Trial | ACS

Essentially, the rate is high, regardless of evidence.
Innocence Is Irrelevant in the Age of the Plea Bargain - The Atlantic""

Good morning everyone...

bbm I am confused about the following statements in these articles:

Feds: Wisconsin man met Tennessee teen playing 'Roblox' before picking her up from home

Sheriff: Man persuaded TN teen to make sexually explicit video, took her to Wisconsin

Can someone explain or expound on those statements?
I think the whole contact with FBI St Louis MO office is very confusing - some articles seemed like she did it that day (the 31st) and others seemed like it was done sometime in the weeks she was missing. It would be easy to clarify if they wanted to - something like "SP called the St. Louis MO office on January 31 at 3:45pm. We know the time and date RP was arrested and if we knew the time/date of the call to the FBI it would make the subsequent actions easier to understand IMO (subsequent actions the 4pm visit to BR house and then coming back at 8pm to rescue her).
ETA: link to the FBI visiting BR house twice - Affidavit: Madison man asks girl to record rape, says he could get in 'trouble for harboring you'

Last edited:
It is interesting that BR has no prior record in Wisconsin so if he has always lived there, he has never been in trouble before. This in no way means he is innocent or has never done anything wrong before but I would have expected to see something prior by the age of 31.

Same was true of JP in the JC case. (Edit: Of course he’s ten years younger). BTW, anyone following that case, JP makes a court appearance today at 11AM.

I’ve read it all. And I stand by the fact that there is much we don’t know. Was BR ever the victim of SA? Were crimes against BR ever reported, investigated & cleared- only to further expose him to continued SA? Or perhaps this happened to someone else close to him, that he felt irrefutable evidence was needed. BR has no prior criminal record that has been published. And no other *advertiser censored*/child *advertiser censored* in criminal complaint. And although BR states that SP told her mom, who ignored her, we don’t know that. Since the sheriff’s office has stated that they will no longer answer questions regarding this case, we may likely never know all the details. Critically important details to determine someone’s intent, criminal action, guilt/innocence. Even the fed officer states that the charge of transporting across state lines may not be filed against BR.

I stand by my position. RP is the slimeb@g here, guilty of rape & should receive maximum punishment possible. Not willing to throw BR under bus- or in jail- without WAY MORE INFORMATION. If & when this information comes to light, and can be established as fact, and not conjecture, I’ll revise my position.
Why would his past history be relevant to rescuing SP? I don't believe it is IMO and just provides potential excuses for his depravity.

I think the whole contact with FBI St Louis MO office is very confusing - some articles seemed like she did it that day (the 31st) and others seemed like it was done sometime in the weeks she was missing. It would be easy to clarify if they wanted to - something like "SP called the St. Louis MO office on January 31 at 3:45pm. We know the time and date RP was arrested and if we knew the time/date of the call to the FBI it would make the subsequent actions easier to understand IMO (subsequent actions the 4pm visit to BR house and then coming back at 8pm to rescue her).

It’s possible two calls were made. The first call by SP herself was made to the St Louis FBI office while a second call was a “tip” made on the day they found her?

SBM

I agree.

Side note....I'm interested in the key factor(s) of their almost divorce.
Gwinnett County - Case Search - By Party Name
and the divorce docket
Gwinnett County - Case Search - Case Details
  • Randall L Pruitt (Plaintiff)
  • Christina Pruitt (Defendant)
  • R Scott Estes (Attorney for Plaintiff)
    Bar #: 250688, Tel: (770) 910-9128
  • Lance D Crawford (Attorney for Defendant)
    Bar #: 194105, Tel: (678) 775-6790
  • 2015-07-29 - Summons ATTORNEY FOR PLAINTIFF

• 2015-07-29 - Complaint ATTORNEY FOR PLAINTIFF

• 2015-07-29 - MUTUAL RESTRAINING ORDER

• 2015-07-29 - ORDER - PARENTING SEMINAR

• 2015-07-29 - STANDING ORDER SUPPORT COMPUTATION

• 2015-07-29 - DOMESTIC RELATIONS CAS FILE INF FR ATTORNEY FOR PLAINTIFF

• 2015-07-31 - MOTION FOR APPOINTMENT OF PROCESS ATTORNEY FOR PLAINTIFF

• 2015-07-31 - AFFIDAVIT PROCESS SERVER ATTORNEY FOR PLAINTIFF

• 2015-08-03 - MOTION FOR EMERGENCY HEARING ATTORNEY FOR PLAINTIFF

• 2015-08-03 - AFFIDAVIT OF SERVICE ATTORNEY FOR PLAINTIFF

• 2015-08-05 - ORDER APPOINTING PROCESS SERVER

• 2015-08-05 - ORDER SETTING HEARING

• 2015-08-07 - CONSENT ORDER

• 2015-08-07 - Entry of Appearance/Appearance of ATTORNEY FOR DEFENDANT

• 2016-01-12 - DISMISSAL ATTORNEY FOR PLAINTIFF
ETA: He filed for the divorce - something happened in between August 7 and January 12 - there was no request for production of documents, no financial affidavits, etc on the docket - to me, it looks like an empty threat. He got what he wanted in the end IMO. whatever that was...

‘Nobody believed her’: Man lures TN teen girl to his mom’s Wisconsin basement, tells her to ‘prove’ she was being raped by her father [Police]
Snipped and bolded by me to highlight the following sentence:

"Fillyaw, who flew to Wisconsin to bring the girl home on Friday, said she was in good spirits and talking. She was reunited with her siblings and happy to see them, but didn’t say much about her mother."

"None of the children with family, according to Fillyaw. All four children are in social services’ protective custody. Detective Filljaw also said that the mother is currently cooperating with police “at this time.”

ETA: I'm taking that "at this time" comment that she wasn't prior

Dear BUF,

Thank you for this news article and link. Greatly appreciated!

I was so relieved to read this:

"Fillyaw, who flew to Wisconsin to bring the girl home on Friday, said she was in good spirits and talking."

ETA: link to the FBI visiting BR house twice - Affidavit: Madison man asks girl to record rape, says he could get in 'trouble for harboring you'
I thought she made the call a week before he was arrested. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member