Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #5 *ARRESTS*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked awhile back, upthread somewhere, what if he had not taken her across state lines, thereby avoiding the federal charge of transporting a minor across state lines and had taken her two towns over, what would the charges be?

If he had driven straight back to Wisconsin and straight to a hospital, sheets, rape kit and all, would he have been charged for taking her across state lines. If so, for what purpose?

I did not catch any answers to this, and I'm bumping it up to see if someone experienced in these matters can help. If I missed answers pardon my ignorance. IMO I'm curious about your questions also :)

ETA: The sheets! Did we ever determine, or get verification on, the disposition of the sheets? Where did those sheets end up?

bbm

Not just indications of sexual activity, but injuries.

Article linked earlier - Judge finds probable cause in case of Madison man accused of child exploitation

(No words.)

( :( :( :( )

ETA:
If this is of any comfort to anyone, I’m glad you guys are all taking this as badly as me (not really, jk kwim, poor attempt at levity in all this, don’t even know what to call it, just sick. All so sick.

:(

—-

ETA2: @Gardener1850 , I’m sorry that you were the one to call this as a potential situation early on. Imo it is not a good feeling when that happens.

Last edited:
I think it's important to note that single adult men who go after minors, no matter how they present are often predators. Not alway, but be suspicious and let them convince you otherwise. Teach our children the same.

TWO: She again tries to get help without recording her own rape, "I just can’t promise I’ll get the evidence". He remains unmoved by how horrified she is by what he is suggesting, "Then I can’t promise I can get you away from that I hate to say it but I can’t risk getting trouble for you. If you can get that video I can get you out of there but without it you will just wind up back with your dad and I’ll be in trouble"

How do we know that at least in this one incidence that he's not saying crap I'm gonna get a horseload of trouble for kidnapping you if we don't have evidence to show WHY I'M TAKING YOU?

IMO this is where access to their entire typed correspondence would clear so much up.

Did she type somewhere that she tried telling her mom, only to not be believed? BR claims SLP told him this.

Did she type other details, that led to her typing, "So what* happens between us now bryan..." (Court Doc) What is SLP really asking there? How to play the next level on their game? Uhm, I don't believe so...

There are too many gaps to 'see' what other conversations were taking place.

The kicker is they discussed the hospital, and rape kit, but he was not going to come help her sort that out. Wouldn't that evidence be as powerful as a video? IMO, to BR, only the video would suffice. And the rest is part of SLP's history. BR got that video. SLP fought it, but eventually gave in. Defeated.

I think it's important to note that single adult men who go after minors, no matter how they present are often predators. Not alway, but be suspicious and let them convince you otherwise. Teach our children the same.

Indeed. That was the biggest red flag as I stated in my first posts about all of this—what the heck is a 31 year old male doing with a 14 year old girl...

I imagine this was one of Law Enforcement’s first questions as well.

—-

ETA: SP’s texts remind me of Nicole Lovell. I had mentioned shades of both her and Diana Alvarez; unfortunately elements from both of their cases turned out to be present here, imo.

Last edited:
(No words.)
RSBM

ETA: @Gardener1850 , I’m sorry that you were the one to call this as a potential situation early on. Imo it is not a good feeling when that happens.

ETA2:
If this is of any comfort to anyone, I’m glad you guys are all taking this as badly as me (not really, jk kwim, poor attempt at levity in all this), don’t even know what to call it, just sick. All so sick.

I understand completely. I believe the shock we keep experiencing (realizing at the same time it comes nowhere near the shock SLP has faced her entire life) somehow requires a release valve to keep things from pressurizing. Hence levity is almost required. IMO MOO of course :)

ETA: Margarita's completed post LOL

ETA2: My bad, used wrong post :(

Last edited:
RSBM
—-

ETA2: @Gardener1850 , I’m sorry that you were the one to call this as a potential situation early on. Imo it is not a good feeling when that happens.

Thanks Mags. However, I was wrong most of the case until she was found-- I originally thought she had been murdered. :oops: There are many cases where I am overly optimistic about the outcome (I thought Jayme was alive). This wasn't one of them. I don't know why. I hated being right about another predator finding her. I hate feeling so pessimistic. :( The only bright spot is she is alive and her abusers have been locked up. But the more we find out the worse this case gets and I don't think we have heard everything yet. :mad:

MOO.

I did not catch any answers to this, and I'm bumping it up to see if someone experienced in these matters can help. If I missed answers pardon my ignorance. IMO I'm curious about your questions also :)

ETA: The sheets! Did we ever determine, or get verification on, the disposition of the sheets? Where did those sheets end up?

He was not charged with taking her across state lines. He was charged with coercing her to make child *advertiser censored*.

But he MIGHT be charged with sex trafficking which is taking a person across state lines for the purposes of illegal sex. And having sex with a minor would be illegal.

Had he just taken her a couple counties over, the charge would still be coercing her to make child *advertiser censored*. Had he taken her across state lines but straight to a hospital, the charge would still be coercing her to make child *advertiser censored*.

But here's the thing. If he had taken her immediately for help whether across state lines or in another county, that would've been much more of a mitigator. His manipulation of her would still be exceedingly problematic and they might still have charged him under such circumstances for forcing a suicidal, desperate, begging child to create and disseminate child *advertiser censored* even though she was clear that to do so would unravel her mentally.

But it might have been a tad more murky for the authorities and there's a tiny chance no charges would be forthcoming, but more likely they might agree to a nice plea deal down to something far less onerous and possibly even no time.

The biggest issue in this case (against BR) was making her create child *advertiser censored* to give to him.

I re-read that conversation several times. I really think he was reluctant, but when he realized that she was going to commit suicide because every other option was a no go in her mind, he felt he had to do something to help her.

I truly believe that she probably would have been sent home again, if this evidence wasn't present. We don't know how close a hospital is to their new home- it could be miles- how would a secluded 14 year old girl, new in town, home schooled, get to the hospital on her own? Who could she trust to bring her there without asking questions? She was all by herself, with just her online gaming and internet.

RSBM
BBM

If BR was willing to save this suicidal child, and prepared to drive 700 miles to 'help', couldn't he be the person to take SLP to the hospital? He was willing to travel for the 'blurry video', why not the rape kit? IMO MHO

ETA: I hope that I'm not being too forceful in my response. Just perplexed. And IMO MHO

Last edited:
Thanks Mags. However, I was wrong most of the case until she was found-- I originally thought she had been murdered. :oops: There are many cases where I am overly optimistic about the outcome (I thought Jayme was alive). This wasn't one of them. I don't know why. I hated being right about another predator finding her. I hate feeling so pessimistic. :( The only bright spot is she is alive and her abusers have been locked up. But the more we find out the worse this case gets and I don't think we have heard everything yet. :mad:

MOO.

I thought she was dead too.

You make the best argument and an extremely good argument. I cannot disagree with any of it. I would however like to know what their conversations were beforehand. Did she tell him she had run before or gone to a friend before and it backfired on her... or to a teacher, or LE? To where Wisconsin is advising that if it backfired, or she was not believed before or someone turned her in for running away that she needs irrefutable proof this time? I can walk through every fact and step you take us through and cannot argue one bit of it, other than I want to know the rest... I also want to know if he has anything else on his electronics or computer or phone that shows him to be a groomer, a ped, has any *advertiser censored* with underage children on any device, etc. Those things can change my mind one way or the other.... Based on what we have and what you cite, your argument is ironclad but is there more to it and their conversations...? just speculating and jmho...
Yeah, I wonder if more information will be forthcoming? But IMO because there's evidence that BR also sexually assaulted SLP I can't in any way, shape or form see him as anything but a predator grooming a vulnerable minor for his own sexual pleasure. IMO it really doesn't matter if there are other conversations we don't yet know about. It doesn't matter whether LE finds more evidence on his electronics or printed material - the guy preyed upon a 14-year old, therefore he's a predator and not a man with good but misguided intentions. QED.
As she argued that Rogers should remain in custody until his trial, Pfluger said a sexual assault examination of the girl after she was found in Rogers’ home noted evidence of recent sexual activity, estimated within three to five days of the exam, well within the time she was with Rogers.
Madison man charged with sexually exploiting teen girl ordered to remain in jail, judge finds probable cause

Last edited:
I thought she was dead too.

What about the screen?
What about the sheets?
What about LE saying no evidence of runaway?
What about LE saying no evidence of abduction?
Then the mysterious phone pings in KY.

SLP never changed from missing, to endangered missing. What did LE know?
Ya'll really thought SLP was gone? Yeah, well, you and I, we still had some hope. We need to have hope, until the next time LE hits us with a CC like the first one here!

BBM - Did you guys miss this part?

Madison man heads to trial for production of child *advertiser censored* in missing Tennessee girl case
A Madison man is set to go to trial after a federal judge said Tuesday there is probable cause to charge him with production of child *advertiser censored* in connection to a missing Tennessee girl who was found in Wisconsin. The judge also ruled to detain the defendant until trial.

In court Tuesday, assistant U.S. attorney Julie Pfluger said this proves what the charges allege: Rogers asked the girl to make a video, and the video was transported across state lines. Pfluger also said she was present for a sexual assault exam in Madison, where the nurse said there was recent sexual activity and it was "not possible these are from the father."

However, Rogers’ attorney said the “intent is highly relevant.”

...and the hits just keep on coming!
I am heartbroken to read this!

Why couldn't this child have been given a reprieve from being raped for once?

If BR was willing to save this suicidal child, and prepared to drive 700 miles to 'help', couldn't he be the person to take SLP to the hospital? He was willing to travel for the 'blurry video', why not the rape kit?

And that is what he should have done (or would have done if he actually wanted to help her). Get her out of the home, even if he had to drive 700 miles, go right to the next hospital with her. And then go from there. I guess they would call the police anyway? If she tells them she was raped by her step-"dad" (that's at least what I probably would have done, hospital first to get experts involved who know a lot better than me what to do and also get her to be checked out health-wise as fast as possible).

And, of course, he should have never asked for the video. He could have suggested that she could film it on her phone if it happens again before he can get there (700 miles plus work) and then she would have more proof than without the video. There was no reason whatsoever for him to ask her to send it to him. If she had it on HER phone, that would have been enough to show doctors/nurses at the hospital and to show LE. He never should have seen the video.

He knows so much about rape kits, etc., so he actually wants people to believe that he didn't know that this video is child *advertiser censored* and that having child *advertiser censored* on your computer is a crime? Doesn't matter why it's there or where it came from. Not in a million years would I ask a child to send me a video like that, even if they told me they already filmed it long before I ever met them but they don't know what to do with it. Even if I don't have to ask to film it, it counts as child *advertiser censored* and you will avoid at any cost that someone sends something like that to you. And if they still send you some file, you don't download it, you don't open it.

This is the reason why I think they will find more child *advertiser censored* on his computer, probably anyway, because he didn't think twice about downloading the video onto his computer, like it was normal for him to have files like that on his computer.

I think by nature we want to believe people are good....like we are.
But we must see signs that tell us otherwise, no matter how difficult to accept it. There really are wolves in sheeps clothing. I believe (certain) BR is one of those. Teach the children. They might be fooled sometimes, but not as much if we instill the suspicion of a "kind" predator in their minds. Teach the children.

And that is what he should have done (or would have done if he actually wanted to help her). Get her out of the home, even if he had to drive 700 miles, go right to the next hospital with her. And then go from there. I guess they would call the police anyway? If she tells them she was raped by her step-"dad" (that's at least what I probably would have done, hospital first to get experts involved who know a lot better than me what to do and also get her to be checked out health-wise as fast as possible).

And, of course, he should have never asked for the video. He could have suggested that she could film it on her phone if it happens again before he can get there (700 miles plus work) and then she would have more proof than without the video. There was no reason whatsoever for him to ask her to send it to him. If she had it on HER phone, that would have been enough to show doctors/nurses at the hospital and to show LE. He never should have seen the video.

He knows so much about rape kits, etc., so he actually wants people to believe that he didn't know that this video is child *advertiser censored* and that having child *advertiser censored* on your computer is a crime? Doesn't matter why it's there or where it came from. Not in a million years would I ask a child to send me a video like that, even if they told me they already filmed it long before I ever met them but they don't know what to do with it. Even if I don't have to ask to film it, it counts as child *advertiser censored* and you will avoid at any cost that someone sends something like that to you. And if they still send you some file, you don't download it, you don't open it.

This is the reason why I think they will find more child *advertiser censored* on his computer, probably anyway, because he didn't think twice about downloading the video onto his computer, like it was normal for him to have files like that on his computer.
Great post!

THIS! EXACTLY THIS! You took the words right out of my mouth and said it in a much better way than I could have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unconscous