Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #5 *ARRESTS*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I have been educated about human trafficking, encrypted messaging applications on computers, children lured by predators posing as other kids in gaming and messaging applications, protocol for assault exams by medical and legal personnel and transparency necessary for due process in our court system. I have also learned that a Sheriff can withhold information and then turn around and release it - but am not sure this is against any laws. I am thankful my family members have made it through life so far without being compromised on their phones and now know some new ways to help them prevent this. WS is quite the education and I for one, appreciate the many posters who take the time to share this.

Great post and I concur!

I was preparing a post to @GoneGoldfishin' - I appreciate your passion on the subject of trafficking and was wondering if you had a link handy to toss out on things to look for or be aware of ?

Thanks to all for the great discussions and insight.

District Attorney Pamela Casey said Eisenhauer and Keepers may represent a new kind of predator.
"Sometimes it's usually the people we least expect," Casey warned.
"They could be your next door neighbor," she said. "…they can stay behind their phone and hide behind their phone -- just like your child is doin'."
Casey said criminals often use apps like Kik. Why? Because it's where kids hang out online. In fact, Kik -- a Canadian company -- claims that millions of American teens use their app every month.

THAT
is VERY scary! Kids these days LIVE on their devices. That throw hissy fits if they can't take their DEVICE somewhere or are asked to do something that would deprive them of time on their device!

District Attorney Pamela Casey said Eisenhauer and Keepers may represent a new kind of predator.
"Sometimes it's usually the people we least expect," Casey warned.
"They could be your next door neighbor," she said. "…they can stay behind their phone and hide behind their phone -- just like your child is doin'."
Casey said criminals often use apps like Kik. Why? Because it's where kids hang out online. In fact, Kik -- a Canadian company -- claims that millions of American teens use their app every month.

THAT
is VERY scary! Kids these days LIVE on their devices. That throw hissy fits if they can't take their DEVICE somewhere or are asked to do something that would deprive them of time on their device!
Yes, there also is Discord. We had some threads about it:

Found Safe - MS - John Aubrey Peal III, 14, Olive Branch, 1 Aug 2018 *arrest*

FL - 6 people accused of sexually exploiting teen boys arrested, St. Petersburg, 14 Jan 2019

Generally, there are many ways predators can target kids. There are special phones and parental control utilities that will limit communication for kids. While those may work for 8-year-olds, a 14-year-old teenager would probably find ways to have an extra phone behind their parent‘s backs if they don’t want to be limited to what the phone allows. They would most likely be seen as the ”strange one“ at school if they cannot chat like the others do. Kids should be educated about the dangers very early, and they should not be scared to talk to their parents if in fact someone approaches them online. IMO.

Yes, there also is Discord. We had some threads about it:

Found Safe - MS - John Aubrey Peal III, 14, Olive Branch, 1 Aug 2018 *arrest*

FL - 6 people accused of sexually exploiting teen boys arrested, St. Petersburg, 14 Jan 2019

Generally, there are many ways predators can target kids. There are special phones and parental control utilities that will limit communication for kids. While those may work for 8-year-olds, a 14-year-old teenager would probably find ways to have an extra phone behind their parent‘s backs if they don’t want to be limited to what the phone allows. They would most likely be seen as the ”strange one“ at school if they cannot chat like the others do. Kids should be educated about the dangers yery early, and they should not be scared to talk to their parents if in fact someone approaches them online. IMO.
Yes and I believe it is A-ok to know their passwords and check on their history regularly until they are of age. It is indeed a very scary world out there knowing what we know here on WS. IMO

BBM - Did we ever learn what app was being used?

Man who took teen girl across states lines after adoptive father raped her may have sexually assaulted her, too [DA]
Rogers and the girl met on an online gaming platform, Roblox, and later began sending messages to other via Facebook and through an encrypted messaging app.

So this Creep, also sent messages to other: does this mean he was 'talking' about his conquest, perhaps to send further details/videos etc?
If this is correct, and he planned to distribute more info, I expect further charges for this pervert.
MOO.

Yes and I believe it is A-ok to know their passwords and check on their history regularly until they are of age. It is indeed a very scary world out there knowing what we know here on WS. IMO
Not only A-okay I wish there was a way to make it MANDATORY for parents to check! Just disgusting! Very recently (I don't live far from a border) an entire semi truck was found with 16 young girls in it. Trafficking is near all of us!

Great post and I concur!

I was preparing a post to @GoneGoldfishin' - I appreciate your passion on the subject of trafficking and was wondering if you had a link handy to toss out on things to look for or be aware of ?

Thanks to all for the great discussions and insight.
Yes, the site I linked earlier also has a page outlining some of the signs here:
Recognizing the Signs
From the link (just a few examples):
  • Is not free to leave or come and go as he/she wishes
  • Works excessively long and/or unusual hours
  • High security measures exist in the work and/or living locations (e.g. opaque windows, boarded up windows, bars on windows, barbed wire, security cameras, etc.)
  • Is fearful, anxious, depressed, submissive, tense, or nervous/paranoid
  • Avoids eye contact
  • Has few or no personal possessions
  • Claims of just visiting and inability to clarify where he/she is staying/address

Yes, the site I linked earlier also has a page outlining some of the signs here:
Recognizing the Signs
  • High security measures exist in the work and/or living locations (e.g. opaque windows, boarded up windows, bars on windows, barbed wire, security cameras, etc.)
  • Avoids eye contact
  • Claims of just visiting and inability to clarify where he/she is staying/address
I must have missed the previous link, thanks for the post!

Recognizing the Signs
  • Avoids eye contact
thank you - I wonder if these could also apply to abused children living in a home with abusive family members? I can't help but wonder if I would recognize the signs of long term abuse that did not involve bruising in plain sight? Would I be able to help a victim like this victim if she was a neighbor ? I just don't know but I think your list would be a good start. JMO
ETA victim added

thank you - I wonder if these could also apply to abused children living in a home with abusive family members? I can't help but wonder if I would recognize the signs of long term abuse that did not involve bruising in plain sight? Would I be able to help a victim like this victim if she was a neighbor ? I just don't know but I think your list would be a good start. JMO
ETA victim added
There may be similarities, though there are more specific resources for
reporting suspected child abuse in families. For anything really, the first tool is awareness, opening your eyes to those around you. It makes me so sad and angry that SLP had so many people walking around blind ( willfully or in ignorance) to her situation. MOO.

So this Creep, also sent messages to other: does this mean he was 'talking' about his conquest, perhaps to send further details/videos etc?
If this is correct, and he planned to distribute more info, I expect further charges for this pervert.
MOO.
I think it was supposed to read also sent messages to each other.

I am surprised that the assistant DA prosecuting this case put that piece of information of probable recent sexual activity out in the public domain, based on the opinion of the nurse doing the exam. Where in the world is HIPPA and SP's rights to privacy as a victim and a minor.

I have been traveling and am still catching up on this thread but this post makes me wonder... Forgive me if it has been discussed. She is 14, who is making decisions for her? It seems to me it would not be her parents at the moment. I agree that with HIPPA, etc., it makes one wonder. At first I thought maybe she okayed it but then, she is a minor, she cannot I would not think. I also think in a criminal action maybe that right differs when it comes to a court proceeding...? Hopefully one of the attorneys here can weigh in on that.

With the JC case, it seemed that only because the Gordon part of the abduction is not being charged, those facts may be kept private; it seems as if it were charged, they would come out regardless of HIPPA?

Again, an attorney could answer this better and I as well am curious as to what the rules/law is regarding this...

I have been traveling and am still catching up on this thread but this post makes me wonder... Forgive me if it has been discussed. She is 14, who is making decisions for her? It seems to me it would not be her parents at the moment. I agree that with HIPPA, etc., it makes one wonder. At first I thought maybe she okayed it but then, she is a minor, she cannot I would not think. I also think in a criminal action maybe that right differs when it comes to a court proceeding...? Hopefully one of the attorneys here can weigh in on that.

With the JC case, it seemed that only because the Gordon part of the abduction is not being charged, those facts may be kept private; it seems as if it were charged, they would come out regardless of HIPPA?

Again, an attorney could answer this better and I as well am curious as to what the rules/law is regarding this...
I'm not sure about the laws but I do know that she would have a legal guardian who would be responsible for approving or signing any paper work in that regard.
It may be a caseworker or a foster parent, but I don't know the specifics about court procedures or how long it takes to be approved as a legal guardian. This is assuming she is a "ward of the state." Imo

I wonder how this all went down with BR. Was he looking for a target or did their talking and her entreaties get him thinking of bringing her to his house? Has he ever done anything like this before or even considered it, or did the idea spring fully into being during their conversations?

I have no good reason for thinking this, but I have an idea that he hadn't considered bringing a young girl down to the basement lair until she told him what was happening to her and begged him for help. Which, of course, should in no way be construed as making it her fault or lessening his crimes, only an idea of what his mindset might have been.

I have not read yet that the FBI acknowledged receipt of anything from anyone - I hope this wasn't a ploy to mislead her and keep her in line IMO - I wonder if they will acknowledge it at some point? I would think they have to disclose their evidence which should include the mailing if they indeed received it? If she was in the trunk during this long drive she would not know, just his word IMO.

Regarding the hearing and testimony - at what point is a victim entitled to privacy in the judicial process? I do believe Judges have the discretion to seal hearings and evidence. I wonder why they did not in this case and I wonder if there are regrets on the side of the prosecution? JMO.

I guess it is why I am still in wait and see mode on some things. Someone else may be better at this with memory but Missouri was included as somewhere they were fairly early on, BEFORE we heard they allegedly mailed these things in Missouri to the Missouri FBI. It was also included in the states they were looking in for her before this WI guy was ever found. People wondered why... If they received this, that would explain it (not sure if the timing explains it though). At the time I thought it might be she was trying to find her bio dad who is from Missouri...

With regard to her privacy, I just do not know. I think that may go out the window if one wants a prosecution.

I would like to know, if still true, why daddy dearest (adoptive dad) is only facing one charge to date...?

I also note that, unless I've missed it, even the Daily Mail and Radar haven't tracked down a single friend, acquaintance, former girlfriend or classmate to give their experiences with him. Even recluse JP from the JC case had a few people come forward.

Last edited:
I have not read yet that the FBI acknowledged receipt of anything from anyone - I hope this wasn't a ploy to mislead her and keep her in line IMO - I wonder if they will acknowledge it at some point? I would think they have to disclose their evidence which should include the mailing if they indeed received it? If she was in the trunk during this long drive she would not know, just his word IMO.

Regarding the hearing and testimony - at what point is a victim entitled to privacy in the judicial process? I do believe Judges have the discretion to seal hearings and evidence. I wonder why they did not in this case and I wonder if there are regrets on the side of the prosecution? JMO.

I suspect the FBI does not provide information on tips and packages they receive until it is required for a trial or some other reason. If there's a trial, I imagine we'll find out.

BBM - Did we ever learn what app was being used?

Man who took teen girl across states lines after adoptive father raped her may have sexually assaulted her, too [DA]
Rogers and the girl met on an online gaming platform, Roblox, and later began sending messages to other via Facebook and through an encrypted messaging app.

The last sentence in the paragraph clipped below, bolded by me, does that confirm the FBI received and immediately acted upon, SPs package??

“Information about the package delivery was absent from the initial affidavit written by state Division of Criminal Investigation Agent James Pertzborn. Pertzborn said at the hearing Tuesday that at the time the affidavit was written, he was not aware that Rogers and the teen had sent the letter and SD card to the FBI. Bednarek added that Pruitt was arrested shortly after the FBI received the package.”

If this has been happening since she was 2 years old, as mentioned in the communication between SP and BR, then I would imagine she has told her mother in many different ways thru the years. Young children will act out and be inappropriate about sexual matters way before they should know these things. Plus we have SP actually telling her mother RP was SA her and her mother didn't believe her. My personal opinion is that her mother must have known all along or be living under a rock. moo

As far as I know, the only way we know she told her mother is that the WI guy said she told him that. But I do agree. I do not know if it went on since she was a toddler how the mother could not have known. It defies understanding. I can understand denial and a belief that no, I am thinking things I should not as I think for people who are not inherently evil, if one's thoughts go there, one then tells oneself I have no reason to think that and what am I thinking about him?? HOWEVER, in all of those years and who knows what he may have did when she was very young (I do not want to know what the acts were) but the mother should have still been intimately involved, bathing her, dressing her, doing her laundry, etc. It is EXTREMELY difficult to believe she did not know. There is more to this. I feel. The move, the home schooling, the dog, etc. She KNEW on some level. I hope I am forgiven for judging if I am wrong. All make mistakes but that is a whole lot of years...

As far as I know, the only way we know she told her mother is that the WI guy said she told him that. But I do agree. I do not know if it went on since she was a toddler how the mother could not have known. It defies understanding. I can understand denial and a belief that no, I am thinking things I should not as I think for people who are not inherently evil, if one's thoughts go there, one then tells oneself I have no reason to think that and what am I thinking about him?? HOWEVER, in all of those years and who knows what he may have did when she was very young (I do not want to know what the acts were) but the mother should have still been intimately involved, bathing her, dressing her, doing her laundry, etc. It is EXTREMELY difficult to believe she did not know. There is more to this. I feel. The move, the home schooling, the dog, etc. She KNEW on some level. I hope I am forgiven for judging if I am wrong. All make mistakes but that is a whole lot of years...
Well written!!
I wonder what CP thought the reason for killing and skinning the dog was for if she did't know what was going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adr5879