TN TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe only a few thought that! It WAS a home invasion! Wasn't that clear?

Here even if someone broke in and took her it wasn't a "home invasion". Right? No people killed or tied up or threatened while someone was taken.
I know- I finally gave up with my thoughts on Jayme's case, because so many were convinced otherwise.

There was that poor lady in NC- I am sure everyone remembers from last year- terrible home invasion by a monster who not only beat the poor woman up and sexually abused her, he also kidnapped her four year old girl, who was thankfully found by two heroes. So many people kept saying it was an ex, the kids weren't all her husbands, it was a lover, etc etc etc- and I felt it was a terrible home invasion. Most were kind but shrugged me off until it became clear that is exactly what it was. People are still convinced that Jayme knew this kid! So frustrating, but glad that she is safe.

I hope Savannah is safe and warm and realizes her family loves and misses her. If she is no longer with us, then I pray that whatever happened to her, that justice will be served.

I so want to believe a run away story right now, I really do. My heart tells me no, and I pray I am wrong!

OK so.. this investigation is bugging me. I have the highest regard for LE, & really want to give the benefit of the doubt when I know so few details.

HOWEVER... the lack of urgency, or the sloooooow steps to create urgency, is really frustrating. For now. If this thing turns out like we all hope it won’t, It’ll be an outrage.

In the first PR, I had to strain to hear the sheriff & officer identify themselves- in fact replaying & I still couldn’t catch it. So after visiting the
Monroe County PD (Madisonville) website, I’m wondering why Sheriff Tommy Jones passed the bulk of the presser to Detective Jason Fillyaw, (from the criminal investigations division btw) who appeared, at best, IMHO, uncomfortable & reluctant. We’ve got a 14 yo girl missing in cold weather, with cellphones pinging in another state. I know this family is new to the area, and apparently no clearcut signs of foul play, but WHAT WILL IT TAKE for this department to put some pep in their step and err on the side of caution & say ENDANGERED! Thank God FBI is now there. I’m glad for the surge in MSM attention- not just for Savannah & her family’s sake, but to light a fire under this department’s you-know-whats.
Criminal Investigation Division
I agree, completely. My only hope this case will be solved is TBI and FBI being involved. Local LE is underwhelming, at best. Its obvious they are in over their heads.

Edited to add: maybe they aren't in over their heads. And maybe I am just ready for this child (yes, child) to be found. I want some urgency. Someone to stand on every corner and beg for clues, tips. How about some reward money to get someone to talk? Surely a business would love some PR. I just feel like everyone is sitting on their hands, hoping a clue falls from the sky. MOO

Last edited:
In a video linked earlier tonight (and photos from her Photography FB page) show 2 big white dogs and then some smaller black and white dogs. Cant tell you what kind, though the white dogs looked like polar bears.

And those polar bears, oops, dogs, are roaming freely. I would guess they have a roof over their heads at night? There is no way they would not have alerted to something going on, if they were roaming at 2:30 in the morning.

We have dogs again. And no dog walker (yet!) IMO Savannah needs to see all of her animals miss her. They want her to return home also.

I have held off, but one thing that bothered me was the laughter at the very end of the press conference from Friday. Some things just aren’t laughing matters, although I get laughter may help relieve stress and uncomfortability. Did anyone else notice that?

I am outa here for tonight, and hope there will be better news in the morning.

Yes... great looking dogs. They even are visiting the investigators. You must watch the vid, Steelslady.

https://www.wate.com/news/tennessee/new-details-emerge-in-search-for-missing-monroe-county-teen/173885204

It did give me a different perspective, but I do always try to keep this Jane Austin quote in mind when looking at anything in life:

Seldom, very seldom, does complete truth belong to any human disclosure; seldom can it happen that something is not a little disguised, or a little mistaken.
Thanks- it's just that dogs- plural, meaning, even if there was one quiet dog, I am sure there was one or two that are barkers, know what I mean? I live in the country- one dog barking and you hear it near and far. None of their dogs barked that night?

Those dogs are Great Pyrenees ( LGD) and probably less than 3 months old IMO. We've raised them for years and many don't start barking or alerting yet at that age. Also if they know the person coming on the property, they might not alert.

Those dogs are Great Pyrenees ( LGD) and probably less than 3 months old IMO. We've raised them for years and many don't start barking or alerting yet at that age. Also if they know the person coming on the property, they might not alert.

Thanks for this, I was just getting ready to reply. Lol,they were probably sleeping peacefully, dreaming of food.
I wish S would concede, if she is able, and come home, to her family & menagerie.

OK so.. this investigation is bugging me. I have the highest regard for LE, & really want to give the benefit of the doubt when I know so few details.

HOWEVER... the lack of urgency, or the sloooooow steps to create urgency, is really frustrating. For now. If this thing turns out like we all hope it won’t, It’ll be an outrage.

In the first PR, I had to strain to hear the sheriff & officer identify themselves- in fact replaying & I still couldn’t catch it. So after visiting the
Monroe County PD (Madisonville) website, I’m wondering why Sheriff Tommy Jones passed the bulk of the presser to Detective Jason Fillyaw, (from the criminal investigations division btw) who appeared, at best, IMHO, uncomfortable & reluctant. We’ve got a 14 yo girl missing in cold weather, with cellphones pinging in another state. I know this family is new to the area, and apparently no clearcut signs of foul play, but WHAT WILL IT TAKE for this department to put some pep in their step and err on the side of caution & say ENDANGERED! Thank God FBI is now there. I’m glad for the surge in MSM attention- not just for Savannah & her family’s sake, but to light a fire under this department’s you-know-whats.
Criminal Investigation Division

I believe this thread was started on 1/16/2019. LE saying SP's last sighting was on 1/13/2019. With a possible location in Corbin, KY on 1/14/2019. There were a couple of posts. Around 1/20/2019 a couple more. The 23rd saw an increase in notifications.

Today, 1/30/2019, LE was at the home. A laptop checked, a hairbrush (for DNA), pictures of the scene, and a canvas of the property.

IMO the facts bolster the need for urgency.

Please come home Savannah Leigh Pruitt, or let your family know that you are safe.

I googled Great Pyrenees and this is what I found. Look at the last sentence.
Pyrs bark! They bark more than other dogs and this is why they may not do well in tight-knit communities. According to Indy Great Pyrenees Rescue, "Asking a Pry not to bark, is like asking a fish not to swim. Pyrs are bred to bark to keep potential animal and human intruders away

I agree, the taking of the bed sheets is totally out of wack here.

...well, there could be a reason. If someone was in her bed, prior to her going missing......., especislly if a person had premeditated his act.
Is it possible someone got in the home, earlier in the day & hid in a closet or under the bed? Maybe had a vehicle parked nearby, like in a field?

Somewhere it has been reported that she had 4000 followers on Instagram? Is there a link for that. That's certainly a lot of followers for anyone, IMO

I know we’re not supposed to put too much stock in social media, but Savannah’s Facebook accounts really do give me pause. Something isn’t right.

On her older FB account, the list of pages she “likes” includes “Investigation Discovery,” “Grew Up in the ‘70s and ‘80s” and “Women Living Well.” Odd choices for a 14-year-old girl.

She also has two pages, “Savannah’s Photography” and “Savannah’s New Photography,” the latter of which appears to have been created on January 8. Savannah’s Photography (the older page, which still was only created a few months ago) includes a photo of two dogs snuggling with the caption, “When ur hubby wants to keep u warm have a nice day y’all ”

There’s just been a whole lot of social media activity recently, and some of it seems unusual for a girl her age. To say nothing of the intro quote about her parents. It seems incongruous for a teenager to be so un-self-consciously, almost excessively sweet toward her parents, yet on her photography page her dad is imploring her to come home, insinuating that she’s run away. If my kid was as sweet and innocent as her social media makes her seem, and as they indicated during the press conference (Mom was dismissing everything like boyfriends etc. before the reporter could even get the words out), I would assume she’d been kidnapped.

As others have mentioned, I’d be curious to know when anyone outside of the family last saw her. The timing of the move and the homeschooling raise some questions. And the past tense thing bothered me from the very beginning, and they didn’t give a real explanation for it in the subsequent interview. It’s a very strange situation.

Can someone please link to Savannah's Instagram and the "Photography Pages" mentioned above? Thank you.

Also, about the comments and "likes" on Savannah's page that sound like they came from her mom, there was a profile photo Savannah put up of her mom with the following caption:

"Me and my mom r doing this idk put each other as our profile pic for the day thing soooo yeah she looks rlly pretty in this pic Christina Pruitt love u mommy"

Savannah Pruitt

Speculating only: If Savannah had her mom's photo as her profile pic and left her account logged in on a shared family device (laptop, tablet, etc) her mom might have accidentally used Savannah's facebook account to like some things or to comment. MOO.

I googled Great Pyrenees and this is what I found. Look at the last sentence.
Pyrs bark! They bark more than other dogs and this is why they may not do well in tight-knit communities. According to Indy Great Pyrenees Rescue, "Asking a Pry not to bark, is like asking a fish not to swim. Pyrs are bred to bark to keep potential animal and human intruders away

They do, once they mature. They are pretty much like any other puppy while young, they eat, poop, sleep, imo, barking comes much later.

In a video linked earlier tonight (and photos from her Photography FB page) show 2 big white dogs and then some smaller black and white dogs. Cant tell you what kind, though the white dogs looked like polar bears.

Were the big white ones maybe Great Pyrenees? They are great guardian dogs for livestock.

ETA Sorry, y'all. I posted this before I had fully caught up. Of course, you were already on top of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rah1991