AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone who's been around the forums for a while have any guesses at the average length a child is missing before he or she is found? Whether they wander off or otherwise? I know some are never found but 6 days still feels early, like there is still hope. Am I off?

MOO
I believe it is so hard to say how one may react, what they may or may not do in a time like this. Just a possibility, but I know she is injured and may feel like no help physically and finds it hard to sit around doing nothing? I would assume LE is not requesting her to do this, they are likely monitoring it themselves. Also, LE, may not be letting the parents or anyone else help. I'm not sure, but I'm also not surprised she is looking around on social media herself.

On a separate note, I will sometimes get 'feelings' and such about cases and the people involved, but I try to remember that what I would think someone may or may not do is only on my own limited scope and experience. I do see my tendency to see/believe mostly the good in people though and have been shocked a few times in my time on WS.
True that. Thank you.

I am not familiar with the topography of Tennessee. I have read there are lots of caves? Like lots of caves, Summer might be in one?
In my area of East Tennessee 30-40 miles or so from Beech Creek, there is limestone rock that can indicate underground caverns and caves. I'm not sure of the geology of Beech Creek and Hawkins County.

Maybe she is a criminal mastermind and maybe she isn’t. Maybe she’s not involved and maybe she is. There are others that maybe involved or maybe not.

As things sit right now we have a version of events as told by the family. Those details were given to LE. LE has not confirmed or denied those details.

If you believe the version of events that Dad has made public, then we have to believe Summer was abducted.

If you don’t believe the version of events, then the story isn’t true and Mom isn’t a criminal mastermind at all because the story doesn’t fit.

LE reports a missing 5 year old child that they are desperately trying to find. They are running 2 investigations. Why do you think they are running 2 investigations? Well, one is to find Summer.

And the second, to find the truth.

MOO
We don’t have to believe she was abducted if we believe Dad’s version of events. Only that she left the home by herself. Yes, the scent stopped by the road but dogs aren’t right 100% of the time.

:(:(:(
These revelations are getting more concerning by the minute. Has it been confirmed dad was at work when summer first was discovered to be missing?

I realize that many people have watched the father talk and believe that he is telling the truth. I respect that opinion.

From the beginning I have thought it was weird that the father seems to be the spokes person and no one else in the family is speaking out publicly. I admit I haven’t watched every news broadcast but all I see is the father.

Some of you may be very familiar with the phrase “controlling the narrative”. I am seeing a certain personality type here. I think Summer’s mom and grandmother are being very careful what they say because they are afraid. That’s just my opinion.

Personally, I would never take one, so I wouldn't blame anyone else for not taking one.

LE hasn't confirmed that the father has taken one, anyway. There was a young lady here, Katelynn Markham, whose boyfriend went on Nancy Grace and said he passed a polygraph, and LE said he'd never even taken one. So I'm going to go back to my stance that unless LE says it I'm not considering it confirmed.
People with a certain mental personality can easily pass one. People with that type mental personality are the same type of people that would do something to a little girl and not even feel bad about it. People that practice controlling their emotions can also pass one. They are very foulable. I still think the dad was being honest when he said he took and passed one. He stated it did it for the exact reason I would demand they give me one of someone near me disappeared. The less time they spend looking at me, means more time they are looking for the person responsible.
If he had lied about being at work, someone he works with would have been on farcebook calling him out. If he lied about the lie detector the cops would have called him on it like they did Megan Boswell when she said she could not take one cause she was pregnant.

The fact LE say the circusmtances around summers disappearance are still unclear is disheartening to hear. Tomorrow will be 1 week and nothing is off the table.

Are they acting like she could have been abducted or kidnapped? They issued an Amber Alert, so yes.
Are they acting like she wandered off and got lost in the woods? Searching all around the property by land and air, so yes.
Are they acting if someone could have harmed her, they have not cleared anyone, so yes.

The saddist thing is statistically, the odds on finding Summer alive and well after 7 days are very low for all 3 of the above :( I don't want to lose hope. Hoping for a miracle!

[edited: fat fingers]

Last edited:
Does anyone who's been around the forums for a while have any guesses at the average length a child is missing before he or she is found? Whether they wander off or otherwise? I know some are never found but 6 days still feels early, like there is still hope. Am I off?

The wanderers are usually found within 72 hrs. Kenneth Howard, missing Kentucky boy, found on cliffside at strip mine
I followed this case pretty closely. Interesting as I just read the article and LE was saying no evidence of foul play before he was found.

Quoting my own post to add that I keep thinking about this case from 2005.
3 Camden Boys Found Dead in Trunk of Car in Yard (Published 2005)

Just thinking outside the box for a minute.

This is extremely near and dear to me. One major issue - and the basis of a settled lawsuit - was that LE relied upon the parents’ claim that they already checked the cars’ trunks. It’s LE protocol to follow specific steps when a child is missing, and not to rely on what a panicked parent thinks another parent checked. It was the father who discovered the boys.

Newer sedans have a glow-in-the-dark latch that will open a trunk. They are designed to be enticing to a child. They are not, for example, colored red - red says “no touch” to kids.

Camden Settles $2.25M Suit Over 3 Boys Found Dead Inside Car Trunk

I realize that many people have watched the father talk and believe that he is telling the truth. I respect that opinion.

From the beginning I have thought it was weird that the father seems to be the spokes person and no one else in the family is speaking out publicly. I admit I haven’t watched every news broadcast but all I see is the father.

Some of you may be very familiar with the phrase “controlling the narrative”. I am seeing a certain personality type here. I think Summer’s mom and grandmother are being very careful what they say because they are afraid. That’s just my opinion.
That totally struck me as well, I agree.

That presser was not encouraging. The fact that LE is saying the circumstances surrounding Summer's disappearance is still not clear, after 6 days of investigation...that just creams to me that someone isn't providing clear, concise, believable information. :(

(((((Summer)))))
I disagree, respectfully. She was in the house and then she was gone. It is unclear if she left the property herself or was taken off the property by someone else (family member or otherwise). That’s the story we’ve gotten all along, and it is unclear. Until Summer is found, or someone comes forward with verifiable information, it will remain unclear. Even if she is found, it may remain unclear. It’s no more indicative of anything now than it was 6 days ago.

I don't think LE has confirmed this publicly. Only by dads words at this point.

I don't even know it's been confirmed if DW was currently living at the house. It seems odd to me if lice infestation was the reason that heads were shaved; Why does Dad have a full head of hair?
I think confirming if Summer's father was at work is probably the easiest thing for LE to do, and that was most likely done very early on.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
The community and local businesses have been amazing during the search for Summer Wells. These photos show only a small amount of the food, drinks, and other items donated for search teams and law enforcement over the last six days. #TNAMBERAlert

View attachment 301621 View attachment 301619 View attachment 301620 View attachment 301618

https://twitter.com/TBInvestigation/status/1407094839418789890

This is an awesome way for the community to generously respond to this emergency situation.

It is my prayer that the victim's family may be acknowledged as perhaps being needful of drinks, food and paper goods, as well.

DW returned to work likely out of financial necessity. There are three growing boys left at home. May they also receive compassion.

I've seen nearby abandoned cars mentioned. I haven't been able to follow this post by post or even page by page. Does anyone here recall hearing if they have searched all of those cars, including the trunks? Also any abandoned freezer or refrigerators?
If they haven’t searched every car or old fridge/freezer around, then they’re the worst searchers ever to exist!

I feel a little differently about their lack of talking. I don't feel I can judge it. I can see being scared of too much focus on me (and not Summer), physically being unable to talk and probably various other things. There may also be past trauma that makes it hard to speak out for reasons. For myself, I cannot say what I would actually do. But I know when your sympathetic nervous system takes over, you may do or say things you wouldn't expect to do or say. JMO MOO

I think it's a common go-to among people who don't closely follow a lot of missing persons cases.
This is common even when people do follow a lot of missing persons cases. I think it’s mentioned in nearly every thread of a missing person on WS at some point, usually right away if it’s a female missing.

This is extremely near and dear to me. One major issue - and the basis of a settled lawsuit - was that LE relied upon the parents’ claim that they already checked the cars’ trunks. It’s LE protocol to follow specific steps when a child is missing, and not to rely on what a panicked parent thinks another parent checked. It was the father who discovered the boys.

Newer sedans have a glow-in-the-dark latch that will open a trunk. They are designed to be enticing to a child. They are not, for example, colored red - red says “no touch” to kids.

Camden Settles $2.25M Suit Over 3 Boys Found Dead Inside Car Trunk

That is a good point. But in the case of a field full of old, abandoned cars ( what I am picturing, but may not be accurate) some may not have this feature. I am also thinking of old, abandoned appliances.

I hope I am not crossing a line here.

The timeline seems to be extremely unclear if after 6 days multiple agencies are unable to establish it.

Is there a chance that the wandering or abduction did not happen that day? Or maybe much earlier in the day? I am not trying to be vague or insinuate, I am genuinely curious if people ever buy themselves some time before reporting if something nefarious happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
azouheir