Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you.

I just listened and I didn't here anything about talking for 45 minutes.

"I was on FB Messenger with Candus as she was driving her mothers truck around looking in that area...
...I talked to her the whole way there…which was weird because normally we don't have a connection on the whole way there…it was odd..."

[he talked to her the whole way there, which is 45 minutes according to him..].

Last edited:
If I was going to be on the phone with anyone, it would be 911. I would want to make sure that LE could contact me easily and quickly. I'd also want to be focusing on yelling and searching for my child. My spouse would honestly be the last thing on my mind. There's no way I'd be able to have any sort of a coherent conversation in those circumstances anyway.

But I guess we're all different, right?
I agree.

And I would want to be able to hear her if she was calling out to me in response. What good is it to call your child's name in the woods if you are not quietly listening for them to respond?

I can get outside calls when I'm already talking to someone so I'm sure LE could have called anyone of the families phones during the initial search. Holding the phone while on speaker would allow for yelling and searching at the same time. JMO.
But wouldn't you be listening to hear your daughter if she is responding to your calls? You could miss her calling for help if you have a speaker on and your husband is talking about something else at the time.

"I was on FB Messenger with Candus as she was driving her mothers truck around looking in that area...
...I talked to her the whole way there…which was weird because normally we doing have a connection ton the whole way there…it was odd..."

[he talked to her the whole way there, which is 45 minutes according to him..].
I didn't hear him say 45 minutes. It's not that important to me. I'm moving on.

A buddy of mine had a guy pounding on his front door looking to buy drugs one time. He wouldn't leave and the cops had to haul him away.

He was at the wrong house. His drug addled mind had him at the wrong place. Maybe that same kind of thing has happened at the Well's home. JMO.
I find that difficult to believe in this case. The Wells house was pretty obscure from the road and the houses/homes on that road were far apart. Has DW or CW said that happened and they called police? If so, I missed it.
CM in one of his Interview Rooms, I believe with SJ, said LE confirmed to him that they were at the driveway when DW arrived. I wasn’t there so take that however.
Thanks. I missed Part 2 of their analysis.

I find that difficult to believe in this case. The Wells house was pretty obscure from the road and the houses/homes on that road were far apart. Has DW or CW said that happened and they called police? If so, I missed it.
I believe it's possible. Dark night with a drug addled mind could cause some confusion on the part of the druggie.

These drugged out people are unpredictable. My friend kept yelling at the guy that he had the wrong house but he would not give up. In fact he jumped a locked gate into the backyard and tried to break in the back door. That's where the cops got him.

Applying logic doesn't work with these people. JMO.

I'm trying to think of something wrong with staying in touch with your spouse when your child is missing but I can't think of any.

I would leave the phone on speaker and continue to search while staying in contact. JMO.

Why? So they can hear you scream your child's name over and over and over while the panic rises? How does that help when they are stuck in a car trying to get there, speeding, crossing yellow lines, and two-wheeling corners? Also, I would need both hands free to rip and tear into piles, and bushes, and couch cushions, everything, looking everywhere. I wouldn't keep one hand occupied with holding a phone but that's just me. Maybe I'd hand the phone off to my mother or one of the kids while I kept looking. MOO.

Everyone is making some excellent points, and it's making me think deeper based on your contrasting views.

The point of how the parents should have acted/reacted is a good one. Etta and Ranch had some good opposing views. Everyone is different, and how I would act may not apply to DW or CW. Perhaps CW was frozen and DW was issuing orders. Some people just freeze up, others go in to military mode.

I'm hoping LE has been able to gleen some additional info from the boys and from G'Ma. i think those little tidbits of info can help us get much closer.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I believe it's possible. Dark night with a drug addled mind could cause some confusion on the part of the druggie.

These drugged out people are unpredictable. My friend kept yelling at the guy that he had the wrong house but he would not give up. In fact he jumped a locked gate into the backyard and tried to break in the back door. That's where the cops got him.

Applying logic doesn't work with these people. JMO.
Yes but my point is that DW said he wanted to go talk to them. How did he know their identity and where to find them?

DW did tell CB to hang up and call 911 and he called 911. So, whatever FB messenger conversation they had must have commenced after that. But, possibly DW was not driving at the time he called 911. He had to throw some tools into the Subaru first because he said he did that. Then maybe he finished with 911 and called CB? Idk.

It seems he wasn't talking to her any more by the time he got to the shack and found the boys. Idk, i guess he could have still been talking to her?

Finally.......
People are known to cook meth in the woods in isolated places. Maybe they didn't know he lived there, or thought everyone would be asleep and they drove up their to see if they could find anyone cooking. I live in a very nice neighborhood and my neighbor drives for a wrecking company. He told me that many times when he gets calls very early in the morning he sees druggies walking the neighborhoods. MOO Katt

A buddy of mine had a guy pounding on his front door looking to buy drugs one time. He wouldn't leave and the cops had to haul him away.

He was at the wrong house. His drug addled mind had him at the wrong place. Maybe that same kind of thing has happened at the Well's home. JMO.
That is a good point but the Wells' have a chain across the bottom of their driveway. So wouldn't someone even someone high be like wait, I can't even drive up here? I don't think anyone came to the house, especially to the point of knocking unless they know the Wells' and the chain was left open for company.... IMO.

DW did tell CB to hang up and call 911 and he called 911. So, whatever FB messenger conversation they had must have commenced after that. But, possibly DW was not driving at the time he called 911. He had to throw some tools into the Subaru first because he said he did that. Then maybe he finished with 911 and called CB? Idk.

It seems he wasn't talking to her any more by the time he got to the shack and found the boys. Idk, i guess he could have still been talking to her?
Didn't he tell CM that CW hadn't called him back to say she had found Summer? I also wonder if CW did call 911. The dispatch call upthread mentions DW was who reported CW had gone for a walk. There was a lot of noise so I couldn't hear what he said about Summer.

People are known to cook meth in the woods in isolated places. Maybe they didn't know he lived there, or thought everyone would be asleep and they drove up their to see if they could find anyone cooking. I live in a very nice neighborhood and my neighbor drives for a wrecking company. He told me that many times when he gets calls very early in the morning he sees druggies walking the neighborhoods. MOO Katt
Does he know their names and where they live?

The perp took the dogs out of the picture.

H said during his interview, DW called and told CW there was someone on the property watching/trying to hug the children. Then H said, there was a man on the property who had been there for TWO weeks. Does that person have buddies that hung out near by? Who knows. When a person gets run off the property, do they go get in a truck, car, bike and take off. Or do the lay low somewhere close by until they can come out again. That must have been around 10:30 or 11 am when Don called CW with the info.

It does make me wonder how DW knew that person was on their property that day.

Everyone is making some excellent points, and it's making me think deeper based on your contrasting views.

The point of how the parents should have acted/reacted is a good one. Etta and Ranch had some good opposing views. Everyone is different, and how I would act may not apply to DW or CW. Perhaps CW was frozen and DW was issuing orders. Some people just freeze up, others go in to military mode.

I'm hoping LE has been able to gleen some additional info from the boys and from G'Ma. i think those little tidbits of info can help us get much closer.

Amateur opinion and speculation
Thank you for your comments. I think that it's important for everyone to give members who may have a different perspective a voice in this discussion. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova