AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're 68 days in, and I still haven't seen anything to make me believe that this was anything other than an abduction.

The focus on the parents' past behaviors, statements to the media, etc. is nothing but a distraction as far as I'm concerned.

My fear is that the focus on the parents on social media will discourage someone from sending in a tip that might lead to the abductor and might help that perp get away with his crimes.[/QUOTE
LE has always maintained that there is no evidence of an abduction; albeit that is not proof that one didn’t occur.

I’m very discouraged at this point that Summer hasn’t been found and no suspects have been named. I’ve been in the foul play camp but am surprised by the complete lack of movement on this case.

I understand where you are coming from. The reason the focus is on the parents is for the sake of finding "truth" and "facts". Actually, it looks like a back end approach that professionals are taking. On the other hand, it is pretty clever. Some LE who have experience with certain types of crime can see a bigger picture.

It is said, "you can catch more flies with honey (past survivor) than you can with vinegar, (present day perp)."

So , "you can catch more criminals with the past foot prints then you can with current finger prints." Dick Tracy Lee

What is the hunters MO- Modus Operandi: pattern, method.
What type - group /individual/loner? It all leads to possibilities or probabilities.
What type of circles navigate around the hunter, or what "hunters" does the hunter attrack.
Talking about a main subject's past may distract the perp. They may think the LE is way off.
Depending on the victim or perp, the truth and facts lie in the past. Unless there is an eyewittness to the present circumstances, the past is all that they have to connect dots.

With that said, my first questions.

Who does the city hire to cut trees?
Day laborers with experience? Migrants? Church members with experience?
DW said he has had drug users that haven't worked out because of their habit.
Sonds sketcy. (who does Mr. "Sketchy" bring into the picture). Skimping on solid reliable employees to save a buck has it's risks. That is including the city.

Who was in the trees that day?

How does the county cut trees on private property? Would the Wells higher "landscapers" to cut back their trees. Really. Would they? IMO probably not.

Sounds like another lawsuit if an abdution points to officials.

<modsnip - photo not approved or confirmed to be CW>

WHO BURNED THE CHURCH DOWN? What was in the attic where the fire started?

Last edited by a moderator:
To be clear DW gave a longer answer than a simple “no” when asked if Summer is autistic. For the sake of space I omitted his complete answer because I was more interested in the part I quoted.

You’d have to listen for yourself to hear the whole answer but from what I remember DW basically described Summer as being “normal.” (His word) Maybe describing her as a mean little girl who likes to break her brothers’ toys is his way of showing that. MOO
His response tells me that he may not be able to recognize the signs of autism; he may have an outdated view of what autistic people are like. He may think of them as borderline-catatonic robots with no sense of humor (which was the prevalent view when I was growing up).

For what it's worth, I see no signs that Summer was autistic, but DW isn't the right person to make that assessment.

So now he claims screams were heard. Summer's been missing over two months and we're just now learning this. Seriously!!!??? :eek:.

I remember someone referencing a scream very early on, I'm sure it was CW that said it? Someone said it, they heard a scream and she was gone. Someome tell me they remember this too?!

Regarding the Interview Room with J, I was really pleased to see it. As difficult as it was to watch, it really spelled out the extent of DW's depravity. This was not a youthful mistake, not a 12 year-old having a very wrong moment that he came to regret. No, it was ongoing for many years. I'm even more distressed by DW's constant attempt to excuse his own behavior, and to own what he did. However, even if he turns out to be entirely innocent of what happened to Summer, I don't feel sorry for him at all if he undergoes some suffering for his past actions. Just because it was so long ago (and especially because it was so long ago) he should understand at this point that he was not the victim and needs to stop acting like one. In other words, even if J never does anything legal with what happened to her, I'm glad that DW got called out publicly about his SA in the past. This is all my opinion and even more important if it does finally link up to what happened to Summer, but important to me even if it does not. It's O.K. if when we are searching for one victim we happen to stumble upon another. And coming forward is always the right thing to do and deserves respect. MOO
With all this that has come out,and the fact that DW was by all accounts not there when SW disappeared I don't understand why he is the designated go to answer guy. I think for the sake of Summer he should step down. Let those that were actually there,and present talk. MOO

With all this that has come out,and the fact that DW was by all accounts not there when SW disappeared I don't understand why he is the designated go to answer guy. I think for the sake of Summer he should step down. Let those that were actually there,and present talk. MOO
I actually agree with this. It’s confusing the issue of Summer’s disappearance. It’s also possible that people don’t know how to show support for Summer without separating themselves from DW (for example the small turnouts at the vigils for Summer). IMO, Summer would be best served if DW could see the sense in not being the face of her case, even as hard as that may be as a parent. JMO.

Perhaps have CH and CW? He had H’s mom and grandmother so why not CH and CW together.
JMO

A neighbor hearing screams should and I think would have been front page news with this case! It's always been that she vanished into thin air - "just gone" in "two minutes" after going to the basement. Now there are haunting screams? Haunting screams that later are said to be muffled screams trying to get a breath out? What??

Last edited:
I think DW designated himself and he has decided no one else should speak. JMO

I understand where you are coming from. The reason the focus is on the parents is for the sake of finding "truth" and "facts". Actually, it looks like a back end approach that professionals are taking. On the other hand, it is pretty clever. Some LE who have experience with certain types of crime can see a bigger picture.

It is said, "you can catch more flies with honey (past survivor) than you can with vinegar, (present day perp)."

So , "you can catch more criminals with the past foot prints then you can with current finger prints." Dick Tracy Lee

What is the hunters MO- Modus Operandi: pattern, method.
What type - group /individual/loner? It all leads to possibilities or probabilities.
What type of circles navigate around the hunter, or what "hunters" does the hunter attrack.
Talking about a main subject's past may distract the perp. They may think the LE is way off.
Depending on the victim or perp, the truth and facts lie in the past. Unless there is an eyewittness to the present circumstances, the past is all that they have to connect dots.

With that said, my first questions.

Who does the city hire to cut trees?
Day laborers with experience? Migrants? Church members with experience?
DW said he has had drug users that haven't worked out because of their habit.
Sonds sketcy. (who does Mr. "Sketchy" bring into the picture). Skimping on solid reliable employees to save a buck has it's risks. That is including the city.

Who was in the trees that day?

How does the county cut trees on private property? Would the Wells higher "landscapers" to cut back their trees. Really. Would they? IMO probably not.

Sounds like another lawsuit if an abdution points to officials.

<modsnip>

WHO BURNED THE CHURCH DOWN? What was in the attic where the fire started?

I think it is more likely a utility such as the power company was trimming the trees and they used a licensed contractor for liability reasons. Whomever it was, LE would have investigated early on, imo.

This is the first I've heard of a church fire and have no idea if it is relevant.

Was it the oldest son that had to stand next to DW during the news interview early on?
I always found that very strange.
Yes you and me both, that is where the boy looks down at the ground but when the father speaks , the boy tilts his head to look up at him... gives the impression of "what you are saying, thats not true" . The father has his arm around the boys shoulder and squeezes the upper portion of the shoulder. The child looks back down to the dirt.
When I saw that I knew right then nothing he said was truthful ..... just my opinion tho

I remember someone referencing a scream very early on, I'm sure it was CW that said it? Someone said it, they heard a scream and she was gone. Someome tell me they remember this too?!
I don't recall anyone referencing a scream at any time. I've been on the thread since Day 1, have listened and watched all the videos. <modsnip> MOO!

Perhaps have CH and CW? He had H’s mom and grandmother so why not CH and CW together.
JMO
I'm not aware that CH has returned to the area nor do I know if CM is still in the area to interview them in person. I'd be there to support my daughter going through such an emotionally difficult time. It makes me wonder if CH and DW really don't get along. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member