AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There were 2 sets of bunk beds. One upstairs, which CW said was for the two older boys; and the other downstairs bunk beds which were for Summer and the youngest boy. Then it shows mattresses or blanket pallets on the floor next to the downstairs bunk beds - CW says that since Summer disappeared, she has all 3 boys sleeping in the basement.

All of this is from the approved house walk through interview video with CM.
bb,
Thanks, I'd forgotten that CBW said that.
The mattresses on the floor looked uncomfortable.
Imo.

*ALL MY OPINION*

What in a father's mind when asked a question would make him decide that he needs to paint his missing 5 year old daughter as a bully (taking things from all of her brothers that weren't hers, breaking them and laughing about it). And then continue on to defend his sons and then specifically bring attention to the defense of the oldest?

All of this while answering a simple yes or no question about his daughters health.

I have trouble with this.

I have 5 children and this behavior is not normal to me least. I have trouble believing that that no siblings retaliated in any way. I have zero faith in that statement. I wasn't born yesterday.

In my experience with siblings, students and raising my children, they fight back, defend their toys, they say hey thats mine, they grab it back, push down, hit, yell, cry and scream. Most they defend themselves and what is theirs.

IMO, This was a very random piece of information that had nothing to do with the question. This is concerning to me. What made him feel that this whole response was necessary?

Any thoughts on DWs rambling answer about Summer being autistic or not?
bbm
Considering Summer is missing, you are right to question this statement.
Odd to say the least.
The bolded is concerning for many reasons.
Imo.

I remember the bunk bed...I do not recall it being for Summer and brother.
There were 2 sets of bunk beds. One upstairs, which CW said was for the two older boys; and the other downstairs bunk beds which were for Summer and the youngest boy. Then it shows mattresses or blanket pallets on the floor next to the downstairs bunk beds - CW says that since Summer disappeared, she has all 3 boys sleeping in the basement.

I can't for the life of me figure out why people keep referring to DW and CW using southern dialect. He is from Utah, she is from Wisconsin. And they both sound like it to my southern ears. Ronnie Lawson ? THAT'S southern. ;)
I don't think it's as much a southern thing as it is an uneducated thing.... and please believe I do NOT say that to disparage anyone. Not everyone cares about "proper" grammar. I live in Missouri, and there are rural people here who sound way more "country" with their accents and vocabulary than either of the Wells do.

His response tells me that he may not be able to recognize the signs of autism; he may have an outdated view of what autistic people are like. He may think of them as borderline-catatonic robots with no sense of humor (which was the prevalent view when I was growing up).

For what it's worth, I see no signs that Summer was autistic, but DW isn't the right person to make that assessment.
I didn’t either.
Was it the Cher’s who asked the question? If so, I wonder why they did. Or was it supposed to be a lead in...”our son is autistic and we noticed SW doing this also” or something along those lines.
It seems to be an odd question.
Why not ask if SW was hyper or ADD perhaps hearing issues instead.
JMO

I kind of disagree about the significance of past tense. It might mean something or it might not.

If the event happened in the past, I usually use past tense to describe it, even if the person I'm talking about it standing there in front of me. Like "my brother and I went out for drinks two summers ago. He drove. He told funny stories." My brother is fine and texted me ten minutes ago.

Just an example. DW might mean something different.

I'm not aware that CH has returned to the area nor do I know if CM is still in the area to interview them in person. I'd be there to support my daughter going through such an emotionally difficult time. It makes me wonder if CH and DW really don't get along. JMO

If CH and DW really don't get along, as you suggest, then that would be like many families in the country, with mother-in-laws. Living together doesn't always work.

I kind of disagree about the significance of past tense. It might mean something or it might not.

If the event happened in the past, I usually use past tense to describe it, even if the person I'm talking about it standing there in front of me. Like "my brother and I went out for drinks two summers ago. He drove. He told funny stories." My brother is fine and texted me ten minutes ago.

Just an example. DW might mean something different.
If someone asked you "does your brother have a mole? " do you reply no he didn't? Just curious.

I don't think it's as much a southern thing as it is an uneducated thing.... and please believe I do NOT say that to disparage anyone. Not everyone cares about "proper" grammar. I live in Missouri, and there are rural people here who sound way more "country" with their accents and vocabulary than either of the Wells do.

Are you referring to the phrases that he uses in his ramblings?

I thought we learned that the power company always hires the same crew to do the clearings (the group now known on here as "tree trimmers" even though they did more than that).

They were interviewed by LE. Honestly, they're probably out clearing easements every work day since that day.

However, here's what these guys (unintentionally) did:

-provided a better view into the Wells' yard including SW's swing (they cut all the way up to the Wells electric pole as this was their job)
-had extra vehicles and equipment in the area. So, a perp's vehicle (if there was such a thing) might have been assumed by neighbors to be part of their group
-the noise from their activities may have temporarily run the dogs off although the dogs probably came back after things got quieter
-possibly provide a place to explore for SW (she could have scooted down; i did things like that as a child)

It's kind of hilarious in a sad way people think the Wells hired landscapers. No, these guys probably didn't even know who lived in that house. They just knew what places the power company said to clear.

Now, it is not impossible they saw something that day that meant nothing at the time, but has been helpful to LE. Idk this to be the case, but I hope so.

Why did the Chers ask about autism? DW probably doesn't know all the nuances of autism, but I would imagine SW has seen pediatricians. Don't they automatically look for that these days?

Wow! This makes me sad for the congregation. It could be nefarious or just something like faulty wiring.

In any case, it seems to have absolutely ZERO to do with Summer..... so why is it being brought up in Summer’s thread? This wasn't her church.

IIRC - When the church burned, there were posts indicating it was the Wells’ church. The discussion after that clarified that it was not their church.

If someone asked you "does your brother have a mole? " do you reply no he didn't? Just curious.
It depends on the question. If someone says "did your brother have a mole," I would say, "yes, he did." If someone said, "did he like to use the swing," I would say "yes, he did," or "yes, he does," depending. There is not one way to answer. I do think present tense for a lost child indicates more hope. But past tense does not always mean the person thinks the child is dead. Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member