AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #27

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Somehow I get this feeling that at some point over the last few weeks the Sheriff looked over all the evidence that has been amassed, all the social media blather and podcasts impinging in his case, the unique socio economic influences of the region and all the conflicting statements and times noted by involved parties, put his elbows on his desk, his chin in his hands and thought "that dog don't hunt". Indeed Sheriff, that dog surely don't hunt.

I understand that many people co-sleep, own guns, have been involved in a shoving match, etc. throughout our own lives. Our children, however, are not currently missing. SUMMER is missing. So if co-sleeping works for people or not looking at your phone works for people, that is understandable. But I don’t understand not looking at your phone to get some sense of times on the day you know your child went missing.

For instance, it may be 100% normal for CBW to not know what time it is. I understand that. But she picked up a prescription (will be time-stamped), posted photos to social media (will be time-stamped), and spoke to LE prior to her interview with CM. So in all that time, she has not made any effort to figure out what actual time Summer disappeared? I find that incredibly bizarre, IMO. Again, if she doesn’t want to admit on-camera, that’s her business… but I can’t understand not stating the approximate time Summer went missing. Just look at our timeline. We are trying desperately to pinpoint when Summer may have disappeared this day. How many people spent time looking into this? How many of those hours could have been better served looking for Summer? JMO.

IMO, I think it’s possible that what DW’s multiple interviews has done is muddy the waters and make it hard for anyone to agree on anything. I don’t know if that is the intent but it seems to be the result.

Reading through last night, it seems like we can’t agree on CBW having access to the time throughout the day, even though she had her phone in her hand much of the time. We can’t agree that someone pointing to a bed and talking about it implies that anyone slept there.

All these things might not matter, but the result is still that the day remains confusing. I don’t understand why in a missing person case we would be continuing to make excuses for the exceptional amount of inconsistencies throughout the day. At Barry Morphew’s criminal trial, much is being said about the fact that his story “doesn’t make sense.” Yes, maybe someone traveling to 5 dumpsters to dispose of trash is possible… but it’s not probable just because it’s outside the realm of normal behavior. Does that mean he killed his wife? I have no idea, that’s for a jury to decide, but to me it implies that something strange was taking place.

This case seems similar to me in that many of these behaviors seem possible, but not probable all added together on the day Summer disappears. Dogs disappearing, calls that may or may not have happened, nobody knowing what time anything happened, even though it’s been pointed out that on social media there are time stamps. CH’s disappearance. Not knowing where the boys were. Perhaps sleeping arrangements were irrelevant, it’s very possible… but I think we can agree most people can answer the question of where their child sleeps at night without confusion. Same with how many pets you have. What car you drive to work. What you eat during the day. (I know someone will respond saying that I don’t know what I ate for lunch every day last week and that’s true. But I know examples of what I may eat on a given day and I’m happy to provide those if it assists in finding anyone currently missing).

Not giving the public any ability to assist in locating your missing child seems a little different than the public not being entitled to know everything about a family, IMO. CBW says there’s a 2-5 minute time frame where Summer disappeared… SO WHAT TIME WAS THAT?!? It doesn’t have to be my business if anyone drank a Twisted Tea that day, just tell me what time Summer disappeared so any sitings before that can be discounted and locals can have information to assist in finding Summer.

I agree that I have no idea what happened to Summer. I agree, some people involved may know or may not know. <modsnip> there are more contradictions here than we’d see in most daily routines. JMO.
IMO, JMO.
The difference in this case is that there doesn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary that happened that day or that doesn't make sense. By all accounts, it seemed like an ordinary, mundane day for both of them. It was not until around 5:30 pm that CW described the significant events just before she discovered Summer was missing.

There would have been no reason to keep track of the time during the day if they didn't have to be anywhere at a specific time. People can be on their phones all day but that doesn't mean they are looking at the time if there is no reason to. When CW was at the reservoir or picking up a prescription, going shopping, etc, she would have no way of knowing what was going to happen several hours later. She did give approximately times based on her tiktoc videos.

As far as the dogs are concerned, we don't really know their regular habits so there's no way to know what was normal for them. I grew up with boxers and when one would take off after an animal the others would follow. Sometimes they would be off in the woods for hours. CM said they came out of the woods from all different directions so it's possible they spend a lot of time in the woods. One reporter said none of them barked when he came to the house and others have said the dogs barked when they arrived. It doesn't sound like they do anything consistently.

As far as where Summer slept, I do think she slept with her parents but that is not relevant if they are not involved. They may have been in the process of trying to get her to sleep without them so maybe that's why CW said she shared a bed with the youngest son.

I don't think anyone is making excuses for the parents actions. It's just that not everything is black and white so there are many possible explanations for inconsistencies in their statements. Overall the story has been the same concerning what they did that day, as far as the relevant details.

It's possible that CW doesn't think what the kids ate all day has anything to do with Summer's disappearance so she didn't think to mention it.

The one thing that doesn't make sense is that Summer apparently vanished within five minutes a couple of hours after they got home. I think this is what they are focused on, rather than anything else that happened before they got home. This has been their story since the beginning, yet it is the most unbelievable detail out of anything else described that day.

Yet this is what both parents insisted happened. Nobody else was there. They could have come up with something more believable if they were trying to deceive investigators, yet CW has always emphasized that "she was just gone," she just seemed to vanish within minutes. That is the part that seems hardest to believe so I think that's why the smaller timeframe is what is important to them as opposed to what time they went to the store or anything else they did that day. Imo

You can only imagine the state of mind DW was in during that high speed, cross country drive at 110 MPH. It was probably frightening to that poor child. So sad...

And, if that wasn't enough, when they get home the "adults" start drinking, get into a fight, mom gets knocked down, and LE shows up. Great night for the kids...
Which child did he have with him and why did he say only one went with him and the others stayed home?

snipped for focus...

Not giving the public any ability to assist in locating your missing child seems a little different than the public not being entitled to know everything about a family, IMO. CBW says there’s a 2-5 minute time frame where Summer disappeared… SO WHAT TIME WAS THAT?!? It doesn’t have to be my business if anyone drank a Twisted Tea that day, just tell me what time Summer disappeared so any sightings before that can be discounted and locals can have information to assist in finding Summer.

...snipped.
BBM - Exactly! If the timeframe is true, how could she NOT KNOW THIS...

Yes, as you said, exactly! As a mother, that period of time would be etched into your brain, IMO. Just like my little grandson - he was born at 12:34 pm and every time I see that exact time on the clock, I think of him. How much more poignant, more piercing would the last time you saw your missing child be? How could she not know?

I find it very odd too. Plus why all the groceries for Grandma if she was leaving anyway? I guess she took the groceries with her when she left?

She didn’t leave until a month later. In one of the transcripts in the previous thread either DW or CW said she had planned to leave in September. But left early because a family member was ill.

There’s not much she could do in Tennessee right now. And from DW’s interviews it does not sound like they have an easy relationship. The stress of SW‘s disappearance has no doubt made it more difficult/tense for everyone.

SW’s disappearance has probably been too much of a reminder to CH about her own daughter’s disappearance.

moo

Still interesting to me that LE has not released any details to the public in an effort to generate more (better, useful) tips or spark a memory in someone, local or regional, who may have seen something that day or on days after. Why haven't they? Is the evidence so conclusive that even the smallest detail would give away their strategy or spook the POIs?
MOO

If she was videoing and snapping all day long, scrolling and rolling as you stated, then LE surely has a digital account of every second of her day.

Is CW on trial and obligated to provide the general public a copy as well?

As much as we all believe we are entitled to know another person's whereabouts, we are entitled to knowing nothing.

CW has also had her phone in hand during some of the prayer vigils as she had her mother on FaceTime so that she could participate.

MOO
CW and DW have no obligation to tell the public anything. However, they have appealed to the public to help find Summer. If they want help, they need to tell the truth. IMO they haven’t been honest and it makes it difficult to sympathize.

Where is Summer?

Somehow I get this feeling that at some point over the last few weeks the Sheriff looked over all the evidence that has been amassed, all the social media blather and podcasts impinging in his case, the unique socio economic influences of the region and all the conflicting statements and times noted by involved parties, put his elbows on his desk, his chin in his hands and thought "that dog don't hunt". Indeed Sheriff, that dog surely don't hunt.

You hit the nail on the head!

Yup, that’s dog don’t hunt and it never did.

MOO

IMO, I think it’s possible that what DW’s multiple interviews has done is muddy the waters and make it hard for anyone to agree on anything. I don’t know if that is the intent but it seems to be the result.

Reading through last night, it seems like we can’t agree on CBW having access to the time throughout the day, even though she had her phone in her hand much of the time. We can’t agree that someone pointing to a bed and talking about it implies that anyone slept there.

All these things might not matter, but the result is still that the day remains confusing. I don’t understand why in a missing person case we would be continuing to make excuses for the exceptional amount of inconsistencies throughout the day. At Barry Morphew’s criminal trial, much is being said about the fact that his story “doesn’t make sense.” Yes, maybe someone traveling to 5 dumpsters to dispose of trash is possible… but it’s not probable just because it’s outside the realm of normal behavior. Does that mean he killed his wife? I have no idea, that’s for a jury to decide, but to me it implies that something strange was taking place.

This case seems similar to me in that many of these behaviors seem possible, but not probable all added together on the day Summer disappears. Dogs disappearing, calls that may or may not have happened, nobody knowing what time anything happened, even though it’s been pointed out that on social media there are time stamps. CH’s disappearance. Not knowing where the boys were. Perhaps sleeping arrangements were irrelevant, it’s very possible… but I think we can agree most people can answer the question of where their child sleeps at night without confusion. Same with how many pets you have. What car you drive to work. What you eat during the day. (I know someone will respond saying that I don’t know what I ate for lunch every day last week and that’s true. But I know examples of what I may eat on a given day and I’m happy to provide those if it assists in finding anyone currently missing).

Not giving the public any ability to assist in locating your missing child seems a little different than the public not being entitled to know everything about a family, IMO. CBW says there’s a 2-5 minute time frame where Summer disappeared… SO WHAT TIME WAS THAT?!? It doesn’t have to be my business if anyone drank a Twisted Tea that day, just tell me what time Summer disappeared so any sitings before that can be discounted and locals can have information to assist in finding Summer.

I agree that I have no idea what happened to Summer. I agree, some people involved may know or may not know. <modsnip> there are more contradictions here than we’d see in most daily routines. JMO.
IMO, JMO.

Another nail hit straight on the head!

Bravo…well said.

Still interesting to me that LE has not released any details to the public in an effort to generate more (better, useful) tips or spark a memory in someone, local or regional, who may have seen something that day or on days after. Why haven't they? Is the evidence so conclusive that even the smallest detail would give away their strategy or spook the POIs?
MOO
FBI are involved and that usually means everything is sealed.
They only gave us the vehicle, the elusive vehicle.
On several occasions.

It is strange that the driver who they state 'may have witnessed something' never came forward and that the entire resources LE have at their disposal failed to locate that car.

CW and DW have obligation to tell the public anything. However, they have appealed to the public to help find Summer. If they want help, they need to tell the truth. IMO they haven’t been honest and it makes it difficult to sympathize.

Where is Summer?

I dont think Don was responsible.for what happened.to Summer!
I believe Candus called him and told him she's missing
I believe the boys have a few of of the missing pieces.

Last edited:
I agree. I would think you would note that time and it be engrained in your mind forever because she had to know when she told DW. She had to have told him exactly what time she noticed she was missing and what time she called him. I'd imagine that any parent that has had a child gone missing that's the one piece of information they would know.

Hunter's words: Summer is "missing"
CW's words: Summer is "gone"

Y'all!!!!!!!! HEADS UP!!!!

We need THREE "time lines."

There is another "he said she said."

Allie said, she did not remember if Summer Moon left her clothes at her house after allegedly a change to a swim suit at her house. Later with Chris she says CW stopped by at 10:30 out of nowhere. Hunter apparently didn't tell her about the text. Later that day she said Hunter was dropped off at 2:00pm and they stayed 5 or 10 mins. (Allie's granny is sitting close to Allie correcting her entire set of answers.)

GO LISTEN TO CHRIS MCDONOUGH INTERVIEW ALLIE, LESLIE & GRANNY!!!!

Allie says, CW tried to make conversation when Hunter was dropped off, which is the reason she would have showed up that day.

Notice, Allie knows nothing or says nothing about the waterpark.

Granny says that they had to leave right away. Consistent with CW.

Leslie is proof they all sit around talking about CW. They know too much for not being present at events described.

CW says, she tries to call Allie over but Allie wants no discussion.

(listen to how she change her answers after she realizes that she may have incriminated her son.)
START LISTENING @ (22:00)

WATCH... GRANNY!!!!!!!

Allie said, she sees Summer like her own daughter. (When she was alerted to Summer Moon being missing by her son, she never bothered to call CW immediately. She waited (after practice and ordering her food at a drive food) a good while when it was late at night."

Allie went out of her way to tell Chris that she was at a ball park and turned her phone off for "several hours."

"Boy, stop pulling my leg, I do not want to talk to her"

IMPORTANT ....... CRITICAL!!!!!

Hunter said: (when he received the call at 7:00 pm...."he and his girlfriends family were just pulling into the park???????

Leslie said: Hunter called (leslie's) her phone at 7:29 pm, she checked her phone to confirm.

Allie says, Hunter was at his girlfriend's house.

Where was Hunter between 3pm and 7pm. LE still has his phone...…

Allie says, Hunter mentioned nothing about the water hole, horse pond, when she asked how his day went.

Allie says Hunter was at his "girlfriends house." Allie can't remember his girlfriends NAME.

NEW ANGLE!!!!!!!

ADDITION:

MY addition:
LISTEN TO GRANNY'S DRIVEWAY ISSUES
LISTEN TO HOW THE DOGS BEHAVE WHEN THEY ARE GOING TO BE FED.
BBM
Oh, WOW !!!
Did Allie actually say that she doesn't remember H's Girlfriend's name ??

Or was she just casually mentioning that H was at his girlfriend's house without mentioning her name, or bringing her name up in the conversation ??

I know I will say say "fiance" or husband, instead of their actual names when talking about my daughters or friends.

Yep. Astute as ever Tracker.
I'm going to stick to my primary speculation. SW is *very* close to the house, yet to be found....on a secondary surface. All this other stuff is noise from a very interesting cast of characters. I think it is likely that SW wasn't supervised as closely as we have been led to believe, resulting in the current situation. I speculate fear has motivated some murky statements and thus the confusion.
A very sad situation for all concerned. Very sad.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Watch now: Search for missing Hawkins child expands to two-mile radius of rough terrain Going back a way, this is the first time I noticed what Ronnie Lawson said about the brothers seeing Summer go out the back door. That's interesting by all accounts from CW they were upstairs the whole time. That's a big discrepancy right there. I don't doubt Ronnie Lawson at all. MOO

This is somewhat possible, however I want to point out that Summer would be forced to follow game trails, hiking trails, fire or utility cuts or a trail of some type created by a landowner. Adults can't just go marching through undergrowth, pickers, poison ivy/oak/sumac, downed branches, trees and washes like it's a leisurely jaunt down the footpath. Much more difficult for a child to navigate.

Odd question, is this area known for wild dog packs? Anyone familiar with the Pine Barrens of NJ knows exactly what I'm talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rah1991