AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry that happened to you.

Idk that this is why DW does these things, but i guess because of what i pick up from his conversational stylings i am not willing to listen to much of his phone calls. Because who knows what is going on in his mind or why he's saying these things?

Also, he is under real stress right now which may make him want to sort of talk around things. So, i am not sure how much of his ramblings we can trust especially the longer he has to drag his memory back to get to relevant information.

Is DW still talking to Mr. & Mrs. Cher on their channel?
he did last night.. All over the shop..

So Don incessantly talks in circles because he's drunk? IMO there's more to it. In his interviews with the Cher people you can see him live and he's smoking but not drinking.

I'm not saying he doesn't drink - he's admitted he does - but IMO he never gets around to answering some questions simply because he doesn't want to answer them.

If anything I'd say his personality is such that he needs to fill every space with words, even if they don't make sense. And the more he doesn't want to share the more convoluted his speech becomes. Once again MOO only.

So Don incessantly talks in circles because he's drunk? IMO there's more to it.

Snipped by me. Yes, clearly it's more complicated than that. I don't suppose a person who isn't normally inclined to talk around the subject starts to talk that way just because they've had too much to drink. And he seems to talk that way all the time.

I guess the only conclusion I could draw would be that I shouldn't expect factual precision to be the primary goal of his answers to questions. For whatever reason his mind just doesn't work that way.

Aside from self-induced Social Media Stress, I wonder whether the Wells parents are receiving any information or more questions from LE. I think LE is as stumped as we are.

There's virtually no verifiable timeline. There is no sense in what the Wells are telling the public. There appears to be no searching for Summer. All of the Wells children have been removed from their care. I suspect they've been told what they need to do, to have even an outside chance of getting the boys back.

So this case will fall into the huge bin of cases in TN's CPS/child victim system. It's highly publicized due to all the youtuber involvement, but I don't see what anyone can sleuth or do to find Summer. While the Wells's living situation can be critiqued (preferably by professionals within CPS), it doesn't seem to me that there's any evidence of criminal negligence on the part of CBW, but I don't know TN law.

My only remaining question is why is DW still talking (in circles) and why are youtubers still giving him a platform? (I realize it may be because this case has captivated the broader true crime community - right now, I'm not willing to click on any of the newer videos). I'll rely on you who are more patient to give us all apprised of any meaningful new information.

It's a tragic case that is certainly getting cooler.

The facts in this case will come from LE and TBI, no one else. The W's are amazingly successful at contradicting nearly every statement they make and confusing everyone listening.MOO!

Aside from self-induced Social Media Stress, I wonder whether the Wells parents are receiving any information or more questions from LE. I think LE is as stumped as we are.

There's virtually no verifiable timeline. There is no sense in what the Wells are telling the public. There appears to be no searching for Summer. All of the Wells children have been removed from their care. I suspect they've been told what they need to do, to have even an outside chance of getting the boys back.

So this case will fall into the huge bin of cases in TN's CPS/child victim system. It's highly publicized due to all the youtuber involvement, but I don't see what anyone can sleuth or do to find Summer. While the Wells's living situation can be critiqued (preferably by professionals within CPS), it doesn't seem to me that there's any evidence of criminal negligence on the part of CBW, but I don't know TN law.

My only remaining question is why is DW still talking (in circles) and why are youtubers still giving him a platform? (I realize it may be because this case has captivated the broader true crime community - right now, I'm not willing to click on any of the newer videos). I'll rely on you who are more patient to give us all apprised of any meaningful new information.

I’m hopeful that there’s a timeline that can be verified by LE, with surveillance, GPS, time stamps, cell phone data. I also hope the quiet is just meaning that LE is taking their time to sift through all the data. And I very much hope that leads them to finding Summer, wherever she may be.

I agree that I am not able to watch the YouTube videos that now just seem incredibly sensational. I also agree that there doesn’t seem to be any current searching for Summer. It’s truly bizarre, IMO. So I’m just hoping LE is on top of everything and will make a statement after they are able to put the pieces of the puzzle together.

JMO

So Don incessantly talks in circles because he's drunk? IMO there's more to it. In his interviews with the Cher people you can see him live and he's smoking but not drinking.

I'm not saying he doesn't drink - he's admitted he does - but IMO he never gets around to answering some questions simply because he doesn't want to answer them.

If anything I'd say his personality is such that he needs to fill every space with words, even if they don't make sense. And the more he doesn't want to share the more convoluted his speech becomes. Once again MOO only.
I certainly did not say he was drunk.

I also gave other reasons besides drinking for him: having been in prison, currently being under stress.

Additionally, he is much older than she was at that time. So, there's that.

Knowing that the 911 came in at 6:23 and that LE had arrived to the property by 7:03, I’m having trouble understanding how anyone could have seen Summer out walking at 7:00. LE stated they shut down roads and put out a nationwide Amber Alert. It’s possible, of course but I thought LE walked back the last seen time to early afternoon shortly after. The 7:00 time was very early on in the investigation and I don’t think LE confirmed that later, since they did their interview saying circumstances are unclear. I’m not inclined to believe that she was seen at 7pm until LE can confirm that because I don’t see how she would not have run into arriving LE vehicles. JMO.

So, who saw her and when did the neighbor hear a scream? If they did hear a muffled scream then that puts Summer Moon closer to the road, or the dirt road at the bottom. LE dogs did pick up a scent lower down below the drive. They should have trusted the dogs for additional scent after it stopped at the main road.
Chris McDonough Professional Analyst Steven Johnson THE INTERVIEW ROOM, said a scent permeates as the vehicle continues to move. She could have run. However, she is not a runner of long distance, so, she may have tired out after a struggle and a sprinted away from the point of a scream and to the road. The neighbors are closest to the road. With out all of the trees at the bottom, she would have been in a clearing in order to be heard, hence, the voice traveling and not muffled by trees. They wouldn't have heard the boys scream because they were up further on the property.

If she was on the road at 7pm without the boys it is important. LE walked back the statement of time? Why? Where is the info on LE ruling that out and why does WEBSLEUTHS have it posted as fact? Capture of perspective in a crime would be when memory is sharper and as early as possible, isn't it? They also threw out what the brother said about Summer Moon walking away. Reported by 911.

(Like a teacher in school would always say, "don't go back and change your answers on a test, your first answer is likely accurate." )

If the time line is studied, that will only discover "what drove" Summer Moon out of the house and down the driveway, hence a circumstance or motive for being on the road. Why was she there? One end of Benhill Road is a dead end. If she was on the end walking toward LE, then they would not have seen her.
Watch now: 5-year-old Hawkins girl still missing after difficult 24 hours of searching

"Searchers from multiple rescue agencies were unloaded by school bus at the dead end Ben Hill Road off of Beech Creek Road in far south central Hawkins County near the Sullivan County line, searching for 5-year-old Summer Wells who was reported missing from her Ben Hill Road residence on June 15."

There is something Allie said which "may be" accurate. She said, Candus drinks and smokes every night at starting 5:30pm. This would be down time for the kids. Where was Don? If Candus did not go to the lake, then he didn't have to work, OT, right?
Chris McDonough Hunter's Mom THE INTERVIEW ROOM.

Also, if Le is not sharing information with the Wells, according to Candus, then the Wells may not know what info. to give LE in order to connect the dots. Chris McDonough Inside THE INTERVIEW ROOM WITH CANDUS WELLS THE HOUSE PT. 2

IMO:
To think like a perp is smart. But also, thinking like a person without a college degree, a family to feed, and a strict income is critical. This by no means that I am saying think stupidly. It is just the opposite. Their common denominators are different. Their thought process and features which lead to what makes sense IMO would be completely different. Then put your mind in a poor county, HAWKINS. Think like poor people. They are poor, not impoverished, they do have food, and money. Don owns real estate. Isn't poverty is a lack of both, with no access.

IMO the children have an edge on their parents. The children should have been interviewed earlier, in the first 48 hrs. They know how Summer Moon thinks and what made her tick. Just as she knew what made them tick. In the first sit down interview with the Wells, Don and Candus, talk about the stick and Summer Moon's authority. WJHL 11 News Channel

Rodgersville has a 25.3% poverty rate and Hawkins County has a 19.3% Poverty rate. A large percentage of the poverty is in Hawkins County. Homelessnes is a large percent of the issue. If I were homeless, I'd find the best shed on the property and rent it from Don then buy a few of his puppies to have company and security. welfareinfo.org

I certainly did not say he was drunk.

I also gave other reasons besides drinking for him: having been in prison, currently being under stress.

Additionally, he is much older than she was at that time. So, there's that.
@December please know that I didn't say you said DW was drunk - that's why I didn't quote your post or any of the others. I mainly was jumping off the thoughts of subsequent posts and was adding my own additional thoughts. I'm sorry I wasn't clear enough.

The more DW talks in circles, the more I wonder if he truly does not know what happened to SW. JMO

Things out of the ordinary for the day.

DW took the car to work.

Grandma had to go to the hospital.

Going over and picking up H. How long did they stay there? A was apparently sleeping. Did he have permission to go with someone who is no longer his mother's friend?

Locking the kids in unless this is a common occurrence. If I was taking one child swimming, I would take them all.

There must be more.
Perhaps the fact that all of the kids wouldn't fit in CH's truck explains why not everyone went swimming. (Was there another car on the property that held them all? I might be wrong)

DW says a lot of things about red trucks. However, the TBI is looking for the driver of a certain red truck that is not the same one as the driveway one DW saw or the red truck found in another state without a tag that DW told DD (from church) about.

LE says they are still searching for THE red truck or really its driver.

There is more than one Walgreens in Kingsport. CB says she went to the one "all the way across town" which she says is "across the street" from Warriors Path. It's actually not across the street, but it is closer to the park than the Walgreens close to the hospital. Thus indicating the trip to WP was not spontaneous because otherwise why not just go to the Walgreens closer to the hospital?

I have never driven from Rogersville to the hospital in Kingsport, however she was driving at a time when there would have been more traffic because people are going to work. Idk if 30 minutes is what it would take, or at that time of day it would take longer or if that matters or not.

The absence of meals (or even snacks including the "snacks all parents always keep in their cars", except my parents and the parents of everyone i know and all my friends so i don't believe this, even though this is CH's car) is telling you that either big chunks of time are left out of the time line or that none of them ate that day for some reason. That's why some of us keep harping on this subject.

We cannot airily say, "that's irrelevant" because we don't know. Also, a time meals are usually eaten is included in the mysterious time between arrival home and SW going missing. The time of planting flowers, doing laundry, fixing knee braces, watching some TV, etc.

Something is off with the timeline. New people just tuning into the thread here's what we know: Summer is missing. From what we can tell we think she went missing June 15, 2021 from her home (and by "home," don't take that too literally she might have been in the house or outside).

As for the Walgreens stop--I happen to get my prescriptions filled at a CVS. There are 2 that are very close to my home, but we always get them filled at a particular one. We actually go to one further from our house because it is 24 hour. So if they always get meds filled at a particular Walgreens, that is where they would have it called in. JMO.

Perhaps the fact that all of the kids wouldn't fit in CH's truck explains why not everyone went swimming. (Was there another car on the property that held them all? I might be wrong)
Someone in the last thread pointed out that the Subaru Crosstrek wouldn't have fit all the kids plus mom and grandmother since it only has room for 5. Short of doubling up two kids I don't know if any of their other vehicles would fit more than the 4 kids and a driver.

Things out of the ordinary for the day.

DW took the car to work.

Grandma had to go to the hospital.

Going over and picking up H. How long did they stay there? A was apparently sleeping. Did he have permission to go with someone who is no longer his mother's friend?

Locking the kids in unless this is a common occurrence. If I was taking one child swimming, I would take them all.

There must be more.
There has to be more because what CW and H have said doesn't add up.

Picking up H and taking him to the swimming hole rather than her three sons is very odd. H said CW told him the boys went to work with DW. For whatever reason, CW didn't want her sons to be with her and Hunter. Even stranger to me is why CW didn't take CH straight home after she picked her up from the hospital. The three boys were home alone. I've had a knee injury and it was painful to walk or get in and out of a truck. To be in such pain an ER visit was necessary and then walk in rough terrain in a park admiring the flowers doesn't add up.

I think something did happen at the swimming hole and CH did not witness it because either she didn't get out of the car or because she wasn't with them. JMO

Someone in the last thread pointed out that the Subaru Crosstrek wouldn't have fit all the kids plus mom and grandmother since it only has room for 5. Short of doubling up two kids I don't know if any of their other vehicles would fit more than the 4 kids and a driver.
Maybe they could do that on a normal day, but CH wouldn’t be able to drive on this particular day.

There has to be more because what CW and H have said doesn't add up.

Picking up H and taking him to the swimming hole rather than her three sons is very odd. H said CW told him the boys went to work with DW. For whatever reason, CW didn't want her sons to be with her and Hunter. Even stranger to me is why CW didn't take CH straight home after she picked her up from the hospital. The three boys were home alone. I've had a knee injury and it was painful to walk or get in and out of a truck. To be in such pain an ER visit was necessary and then walk in rough terrain in a park admiring the flowers doesn't add up.

I think something did happen at the swimming hole and CH did not witness it because either she didn't get out of the car or because she wasn't with them. JMO
Also odd was that in the (allowed) interview with the church friend, DD said CB showed him and officers video of the boys swimming that day. He also said he didn't know where CH was during that time.

I assume DD was simply mistaken or confused but maybe something was said that sounded like the boys had gone along that day? I don't know what he meant by "and some." Another mystery IMO.

51:40
uh candace uh was was showing
51:43
uh the officers and myself videos that
51:46
they had
51:46
the the boys and some are swimming
51:50
i know they had gone swimming earlier
51:51
that day

So, who saw her and when did the neighbor hear a scream? If they did hear a muffled scream then that puts Summer Moon closer to the road, or the dirt road at the bottom. LE dogs did pick up a scent lower down below the drive. They should have trusted the dogs for additional scent after it stopped at the main road.
Chris McDonough Professional Analyst Steven Johnson THE INTERVIEW ROOM, said a scent permeates as the vehicle continues to move. She could have run. However, she is not a runner of long distance, so, she may have tired out after a struggle and a sprinted away from the point of a scream and to the road. The neighbors are closest to the road. With out all of the trees at the bottom, she would have been in a clearing in order to be heard, hence, the voice traveling and not muffled by trees. They wouldn't have heard the boys scream because they were up further on the property.

If she was on the road at 7pm without the boys it is important. LE walked back the statement of time? Why? Where is the info on LE ruling that out and why does WEBSLEUTHS have it posted as fact? Capture of perspective in a crime would be when memory is sharper and as early as possible, isn't it? They also threw out what the brother said about Summer Moon walking away. Reported by 911.

(Like a teacher in school would always say, "don't go back and change your answers on a test, your first answer is likely accurate." )

If the time line is studied, that will only discover "what drove" Summer Moon out of the house and down the driveway, hence a circumstance or motive for being on the road. Why was she there? One end of Benhill Road is a dead end. If she was on the end walking toward LE, then they would not have seen her.
Watch now: 5-year-old Hawkins girl still missing after difficult 24 hours of searching

"Searchers from multiple rescue agencies were unloaded by school bus at the dead end Ben Hill Road off of Beech Creek Road in far south central Hawkins County near the Sullivan County line, searching for 5-year-old Summer Wells who was reported missing from her Ben Hill Road residence on June 15."

There is something Allie said which "may be" accurate. She said, Candus drinks and smokes every night at starting 5:30pm. This would be down time for the kids. Where was Don? If Candus did not go to the lake, then he didn't have to work, OT, right?

Also, if Le is not sharing information with the Wells, according to Candus, then the Wells may not know what info. to give LE in order to connect the dots. Chris McDonough Inside THE INTERVIEW ROOM WITH CANDUS WELLS THE HOUSE PT. 2

IMO:
To think like a perp is smart. But also, thinking like a person without a college degree, a family to feed, and a strict income is critical. This by no means that I am saying think stupidly. It is just the opposite. Their common denominators are different. Their thought process and features which lead to what makes sense IMO would be completely different. Then put your mind in a poor county, HAWKINS. Think like poor people. They are poor, not impoverished, they do have food, and money. Don owns real estate. Isn't poverty is a lack of both, with no access.

IMO the children have an edge on their parents. The children should have been interviewed earlier, in the first 48 hrs. They know how Summer Moon thinks and what made her tick. Just as she knew what made them tick. In the first sit down interview with the Wells, Don and Candus, talk about the stick and Summer Moon's authority. WJHL 11 News Channel

Rodgersville has a 25.3% poverty rate and Hawkins County has a 19.3% Poverty rate. A large percentage of the poverty is in Hawkins County. Homelessnes is a large percent of the issue. If I were homeless, I'd find the best shed on the property and rent it from Don then buy a few of his puppies to have company and security. welfareinfo.org
I posted the video in my response where LE said the time of Summer’s disappearance is

IMO:

I cannot answer why LE would change the initial last seen time. Her age was initially reported incorrectly. I’m simply saying it doesn’t make sense to me to report her missing at 6:30 pm but say she was last seen at 7:00 pm, IMO.

Here are some articles that do not include 7pm as last seen:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ch...s/nation-world/national/article252781868.html

[URL="https://www.wvlt.tv/2021/07/15/searching-summer-wells-one-month-later/"]Searching for Summer Wells: AMBER Alert timeline
[/URL]

Investigation into disappearance of 5-year-old Summer Wells ongoing

Hi all... long time lurker, first time joiner/poster. I came across this case after vacationing in TN recently and seeing the missing person posters for Summer. What a precious little girl, this is incredibly sad. I've taken the time to read through almost all of the posts in the thread as well as watch some of the YouTube videos. 28 threads later, I think a few members have really hit it on the head in the last few posts.

BBM.
I've read about other cases where internet sleuthing has been impactful, even two (at least) cases from here where a WS'er provided the tip that solved the case. Given that we don't even have an LE verified timeline here, unfortunately I don't think that will be the case with Summer.

The facts in this case will come from LE and TBI, no one else. The W's are amazingly successful at contradicting nearly every statement they make and confusing everyone listening.MOO!

BBM
Whatever facts LE has (which I'm sure they do), they are holding tight for likely very good reasons. With the info we have here, we have... well.... very little. Perhaps nothing in terms of what's important.

I’m hopeful that there’s a timeline that can be verified by LE, with surveillance, GPS, time stamps, cell phone data. I also hope the quiet is just meaning that LE is taking their time to sift through all the data. And I very much hope that leads them to finding Summer, wherever she may be.

I agree that I am not able to watch the YouTube videos that now just seem incredibly sensational. I also agree that there doesn’t seem to be any current searching for Summer. It’s truly bizarre, IMO. So I’m just hoping LE is on top of everything and will make a statement after they are able to put the pieces of the puzzle together.

JMO

BBM
^ This. LE either already has this data or is working through warrants to get it. If/when they get it, they will only make public any piece of data they think will perhaps put pressure on someone if they believe foul play was involved.

Summer's disappearance is so incredibly disheartening, and given the (little) info we have, the best course of action for all of us is to pray and think positive thoughts for Summer's safe return.

Glad to be part of the WS community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members