AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Light colored clothes show water on them more than dark colors IMO. The light pink sleeves on Summers jacket would show wet marks if there was any condensation, and the fabric looks completely dry in the photo. Humph

For those who geek out over statistics like me: I don’t have statistics on the chances of two women (I know Summer is a child) going missing with no trace in one family because I literally can’t find any and I don’t have access to law enforcement databases. I did, however, find out that the chances of lightning striking twice is 1 in 9 million (Can Lightning Strike the Same Place Twice?). So I would infer that this case would be statistically significant and the odds of this happening are pretty mind-blowing. I have 0 thoughts on causality or these cases being in any way related, just pointing out it’s incredibly rare.

I did find some interesting (horrible) missing children stats if anyone is interested in numbers.
Facts & Stats - Child Find of America

I know the candy on the seats been discussed. CW said it was old. It doesn't look old to me, and why would H sit on candy? Most people would throw it out. And would grandma just let skittles melt on her seat because they would melt. I believe that was a lie. Was there another stop after they dropped off H?
What if the candy was old, one of the kids found it, opened the package and tossed it because it was stale.

I sure can't tell if that candy is fresh or not from that screenshot.

Did LE shut down all of the roads but not issue the AMBER alert until the next day? I guess if they didn’t get to the property until 7pm, if they issued it at midnight that would still technically be the next day. Still seems like a large window of time to me.
I don't know. IIRC DW Said he had a hard time getting home because LE clogging the road, he also said neighbors were not allowing searches, but LE clearly stated the neighbors,and community were really helpful, and good about searches.

For those who geek out over statistics like me: I don’t have statistics on the chances of two women (I know Summer is a child) going missing with no trace in one family because I literally can’t find any and I don’t have access to law enforcement databases. I did, however, find out that the chances of lightning striking twice is 1 in 9 million (Can Lightning Strike the Same Place Twice?). So I would infer that this case would be statistically significant and the odds of this happening are pretty mind-blowing. I have 0 thoughts on causality or these cases being in any way related, just pointing out it’s incredibly rare.

I did find some interesting (horrible) missing children stats if anyone is interested in numbers.
Facts & Stats - Child Find of America
That's why it's so incredibly sad for this family to have two missing persons. JMO.

I know the candy on the seats been discussed. CW said it was old. It doesn't look old to me, and why would H sit on candy? Most people would throw it out. And would grandma just let skittles melt on her seat because they would melt. I believe that was a lie. Was there another stop after they dropped off H?

What if the candy was old, one of the kids found it, opened the package and tossed it because it was stale.

I sure can't tell if that candy is fresh or not from that screenshot.
One thing I believe was in abundance at the Wells....is candy and junk food.
Think it did indeed go rotten laying around wherever.

Think there are just folk out there that think its kinda living large for kids....like Michael Jackson at neverland kinda mentality.
They truly believe they were spoiling their kids with that stuff in my opinion.

Other folk see it as toxic negligence.

Perception on these important things(like nutrition) vary amongst us greatly.

Thats what makes this case so lit and triggering.

moo

• Missing Since​
      • Jun 15, 2021​
      • Missing From​
      • Rogersville, TN​
      • Age Now​
      • 5​
      • Sex​
      • Female​
      • Race​
      • White​
      • Hair Color​
      • Blonde​
      • Eye Color​
      • Blue​
      • Height​
      • 3'0"​
      • Weight​
      • 40 lbs​
      • Description​
      • Last seen wearing grey pants, a pink shirt and possibly barefoot​

An AMBER Alert has been issued on behalf of the Hawkins County Sheriff's Office for Summer Moon-Utah Wells. Summer is a 5-year-old white female, 3' tall, 40lbs., with blonde hair and blue eyes. Summer was last seen wearing grey pants, a pink shirt and was possibly barefoot. If you have seen Summer or have any information regarding her whereabouts, please contact the Hawkins County Sheriff's Office at 423-272-7121 or the TBI at 1-800-TBI-FINDView attachment 311791
Calling it a night here in TN.
Where is Summer?
Information from original Amber Alert
Chi
Thank you for reposting this. I think it’s good for us all to see this information again. There has been a lot of noise in this case, and on the periphery as well. It is important for us to keep the main thing, the main thing:

Summer is missing and needs to be found.

One thing I believe was in abundance at the Wells....is candy and junk food.
Think it did indeed go rotten laying around wherever.

Think there are just folk out there that think its kinda living large for kids....like Michael Jackson at neverland kinda mentality.
They truly believe they were spoiling their kids with that stuff in my opinion.

Other folk see it as toxic negligence.

Perception on these important things(like nutrition) vary amongst us greatly.

Thats what makes this case so lit and triggering.

moo
I don't see an abundance of junk food in the Wells life. We are only privileged to see a very tiny part of their lives and that doesn't tell us what their average or normal diet is. JMO.

For those interested in reading more about milk ;)

How Long Can Milk Sit Out?

I was actually curious how long milk could be out of a refrigerator. Although I realize this knowledge doesn’t mean that’s how the Wells behaved, but if anyone else is curious, have at it!
I often leave milk out (deliberately) because my teeth are sensitive to cold. Whole milk usually stays good for at least a couple of days; 2% will stay good for at least three days.

ETA: I'm sure the temperature in the house would be a factor.

For those interested in reading more about milk ;)

How Long Can Milk Sit Out?

I was actually curious how long milk could be out of a refrigerator. Although I realize this knowledge doesn’t mean that’s how the Wells behaved, but if anyone else is curious, have at it!
I did the same thing. Lol. But, I didn't post it for sake of more argument. And you are right we don't know how the Well's handled it. I also googled the time and distance, but we also don't know how fast CW drives. I also found when googling the distance that the store is permantly closed. And there also is one in Rogersville. Does anyone know how far out of Rogersville they live?

Yes iirc the actual Amber Alert went out on the 16th of June. I know it came to my phone, as I'm in TN.
Hoping this link still works.
Chi
AMBER Alert: Search continues for missing 5-year-old Summer Wells AMBER

Snippet "Published: Jun. 15, 2021 at 10:21 PM CDT|Updated: Jun. 20, 2021 at 4:29 PM CDT" "Authorities say they only issue an AMBER Alert when they believe a child is in danger of bodily harm or death"
E4BrofxUYAEeaDQ.jpg
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation Wednesday issued a statewide AMBER Alert for the missing 5-year-old girl who was at the center of an Endangered Child Alert out of Hawkins County.

Last edited:
I don't see an abundance of junk food in the Wells life. We are only privileged to see a very tiny part of their lives and that doesn't tell us what their average or normal diet is. JMO.
They do mention candy a lot though. When asked her favorite food it was candy and French fries. And DW said whenever they went to the store she would get candy. This is in the QA with the Cher’s. I’m not saying that’s all her diet was or she didn’t eat nutritiously because I don’t know, but whenever food is mentioned it’s candy, French fries, sugary drinks.

I often leave milk out (deliberately) because my teeth are sensitive to cold. Whole milk usually stays good for at least a couple of days; 2% will stay good for at least three days.

ETA: I'm sure the temperature in the house would be a factor.
Really?? I genuinely did not know that, I would think milk would spoil quickly.

My mind keeps going back to that darn milk. As I’ve mentioned previously, I won’t buy milk in those jugs because they sweat and leave marks on my wooden table very quickly. Originally, it didn’t make sense to me that Summer would be able to comfortably fall asleep on a cold and wet jug.

Recently I’ve been paying more attention to how cold drinks react to a change in temperature. As an example, if I take a cold can/bottle/jug of Pepsi/beer/milk out of the fridge, the sweat/condensation on the outside of the container forms almost immediately. If I leave the drink on my kitchen table untouched, those droplets are still present hours later. If I leave it on my patio table under the sun, it still remains “wet” after at least an hour.

But there’s no visible water droplets on the milk jugs summer is sleeping on. There’s no redness to her skin touching the jug. There’s no sense in buying milk hours before you’ll be able to refrigerate it.

Now I’m in Canada and it’s possible they use different plastic in Tennessee than they do here, and obviously weather isn’t the same. Leaving it in a hot truck may have also made a difference. It’s evening here but tomorrow morning I’m going to buy a couple plastic jugs of milk to experiment with. I will leave one on my counter, one on my patio, and one in my car. And I will record how quickly the sweat forms and how long it lasts.

Anyone know off the top of their heads the temperature there on June 15th?

Any locals willing to experiment on this with me?

The mystery of why no condensation has been bothering me since we first saw the milk jugs picture. Thank you for putting it into words.

They do mention candy a lot though. When asked her favorite food it was candy and French fries. And DW said whenever they went to the store she would get candy. This is in the QA with the Cher’s. I’m not saying that’s all her diet was or she didn’t eat nutritiously because I don’t know, but whenever food is mentioned it’s candy, French fries, sugary drinks.
You're right, we don't know the complete story of what the family eats. I don't see anything unusual with a kid saying they like candy.

So the few comments about that add up to not much of anything IMO.

<modsnip - no link>

The pic of the candy laying around in grandma's truck you were referring to is one of them.

CW is an over sharer we have been privileged to see a fair bit more than a tiny part sadly.
moo

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members