DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

hollye

Reaction score
Media, Maps and Timeline - No Discussion Thread

Thread #1 Thread #2

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation has issued an endangered child alert for a missing 5-year-old from Hawkins County.

Summer Wells is 5 years old and not 4 as was previously reported.

Emergency crews are searching for Summer Wells around Ben Hill Road in the Beech Creek community.

Wells was seen walking away from her home on Ben Hill Road around 7 p.m.

She is 4-feet tall, has blonde hair, and was last seen wearing a pink shirt and gray shorts.

TBI issues endangered child alert for missing Hawkins County 5-year-old | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

Last edited by a moderator:
ModNote:

-If something is against TOS and therefore can’t be discussed - don’t make a post hinting at it

-STOP being judgmental towards this family and this missing child.

Any posts that violate these terms going forward will result in an automatic time-out.

There are only a few mods on WS. We volunteer our time and are not always able to be online cleaning up posts that are against TOS in real time. If you see a violation, report it. Don’t quote it, or your quote gets removed as well during the clean up process.

WS is special because we have compassion, we care about victims, and recognize that anyone could read these public posts 5-10 years from now.

Thank You all for your care, compassion, and desire to bring Summer home. May today be the day.

Last edited:
Mod Note:

The article posted discussing the propensity for physical violence and potential domestic issues between the parents can be discussed. Once it is in MSM it is out there. There is a fine line however that will need balanced:

Stick to the facts in the article. This article and the families history does not change our position on being victim friendly and therefore does not open the door to any sleuthing beyond what is stated in the article.

No trash talking, name calling, or adding accusations.

i'm wracking my brain trying to figure out possibilities for summer. they checked all people whos vehicles were in the vicinity right? remember israel keyes? is it possible that this is someone who knew to avoid cameras at all costs? it would have to be someone very very committed which is highly unlikely. the only two options shes alive are shes surviving somewhere taking shelter or someone has her. the man whos suspected in the delphi murders who got caught because he took a young girl comes to mind. he was caught incredibly quick but there are situations where girls go missing for YEARS. I'm not convinced it was the family. it very much could have been someone out of the family. both me and my older brother had attempted kidnapping situations had they both been successful it would have been an aberration right? or at least unlikely. unlikely things do happen. from what i see from the father i see a very simple man. i see a man who is country and from a generation where men don't express their feelings in the best way but i don't see and haven't seen evidence of him actually hurting the children. I'm praying for them to find her somewhere, ANYWHERE. please come back to us summer! we want to see you play in the rain and be the free spirit you are!

Hi, delurking to add a few things, MOO.

I live here in Tennessee and the sheer amount of people added to the case isn't unusual, nor is the TBI being so involved. Many counties here don't have the funds for searches like this and they are routinely called in any missing kid. I can't think of one time they haven't been...first. We had a kid in my town go missing and before the public knew, the TBI were boots on the ground. The boy was napping in a tree house a few houses over, and he was found a within a few hours, but they are quick to react in this state to kids. Same with Amber alerts, and they are pretty liberal with calling for them.

Blackberries are currently ripe. Land like what they are looking for her on is full of them. They take over land like that...and they are acres and acres of them. There is easy, and ready food available for a small child.

This case reminds me a lot of Noah Chamberlin, another child missing for a week in 2016 on several points; but there is a lot that is eerily similar in both cases.

DW seems shell shocked. He strikes me as a man that is on his last leg with no support and nothing else to lose.

Yesterday marked one week since the search for Hawkins County 5-year-old Summer Wells began. Now today marks one week since the statewide Amber Alert was issued.

Coming up this morning on @news5wcyb we’re hearing from search crews about why they aren’t give up on finding Summer.

E750F95F-31DE-4A9F-A03C-AFED91ABAFF6.jpeg 074ECA7E-4A39-4252-869A-8DBD99A5C0F6.jpeg

https://twitter.com/amcclungtv/status/1407605447935340544?s=21

Watch now: Summer Wells' father talks about his criminal past, convicted sex offender son
Arrested on domestic related charges
"..he called his wife from his sister's home during a party, and he believes his wife heard a female (his sister) laughing in the background and assumed the worst. Mr. wells said his wife then attempted to make him jealous, and he immediately drove back to Hawkins County from Utah..
..he and his wife were able to calm down..they reconciled and agreed they wanted to stay in Tennessee.
..That order of protection, it was just a fight between me and her, and her friends, and her mother. They knew I had the black powder pistol in my glove box, and they used that against me.”"

Eldest son a convicted sex offender living in Utah
"Wells also acknowledged Tuesday that his 34-year-old son Donald Wesley Wells is a convicted sex offender."
"That oldest son was in Utah at the time of Summer's disappearance, Wells said. Wells also said his son's Arkansas offense would have been considered statutory rape in Tennessee because his son was 19 at the time and the “victim” was a girlfriend who was 18 months younger."

Not forthcoming about his record in Utah
“..Utah is a whole different ballgame than Tennessee. That's the Mormon state. I call it the moron state. That's just how I feel.”
“I've had several charges over the years. I used to have... I don't know if I should elaborate on any of that. It's nothing really good. I wasn't really a Christian when I was younger. I found God in prison. I started studying the Bible Intently because I wanted to change.”

This is a long article with much more detail at the link, I've hopefully edited down to 10% TOS

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member