AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the Tacoma...I've been wondering if the vehicle noticed on the 14th or 15th of June was possibly part of a fleet? Or if it was an independent owner/operator. Given its description, it seems likely used for construction or trade work etc rather than hauling canoes or kayaks. We had an incident occur where I'm located- a vehicle involved was a somewhat specific white truck often associated with contractors. The vehicle was caught on a blurry dash cam, and even with a partial license plate, it took LE almost a month to track down as it was part of a local fleet of similar trucks, and being driven by an unauthorized user. It's got me to wondering if perhaps the operator of the Tacoma in Summers' case might not be a legal operator of the vehicle, and as a result unsure or nervous about coming forward with any information.

LE has been pretty thorough with this case. It's hard to believe they didn't do at least a basic check of every vehicle on the property.
Seemed like it to begin with.

It reminds me of Jonbenet's case.

Throw enough mud and it might not stick....but it makes the water murky enough to scare cops away from making committed decisions, even when the options are obvious.

Expertise is very lacking in seperating the bs and facts nowadays.

Court systems eat up and accept muddy water as reasonable doubt no matter how stupidly idiotic....ties LE hands :confused:

moo

LE has been pretty thorough with this case. It's hard to believe they didn't do at least a basic check of every vehicle on the property.

good point! Were any vehicles towed to search for evidence? They could probably get electronic data from all of the vehicles on that property that would help with events that happened that day. (since people's recollections vary so much)

Making me think outside the box...;)

All vehicles should probably have been towed for electronic historical data.:)

@WizardQuest , the guy DW fired had been to the Wells residence and therefore knew about the Subaru. His yellow vehicle can be seen in the video of SW dancing in the mud puddle in front of the red barrel. (Either DW or CB said the vehicle belonged to that guy, so i don't know this officially.)

DW had some reason other than "this thing is costing me $600/month" for driving the Subaru. But, it's basically his* car, so i guess he can drive it for any reason he wants so i doubt we will ever get that explained. *I know it is CB's car, but DW is paying for it as far as we know.

I keep thinking one good reason would be if he took the boys to work. But, as far as we know, only H has said that was a thing that happened. CB may have just told H that for reasons of her own that may or may not be relevant to SW's disappearance.

DW's white pick up is just a regular truck, isn't it? It's not extended cab or anything? Just pretty much a typical work truck? There is probably at least one other person working on the subdivision that has a similar truck. So, it looks like the Subaru would really stand out and his pick up would blend in... (Granted, fired guy would easily spot DW's exact truck.)

The only car SW was in as far as we know is CH's. I don't know what year it is or if it can tell anyone about the doors being opened.

However, CH has driven it out of state and she could sell it or junk it if she wanted to. I mean, i don't know that she has any plans to be rid of it, but it's her property. So, if she doesn't want it any more, she doesn't have to keep it. So, i am not holding my breath for that truck to tell us anything.

ETA: although I agree about towing vehicles, they have yard cars and a bus, so all the tow trucks in Hawkins and Sullivan County, scramble! (Hehe) but i don't know if vehicles can be towed if the witnesses tell the cops SW was not in a vehicle, she was in a house.

good point! Were any vehicles towed to search for evidence? They could probably get electronic data from all of the vehicles on that property that would help with events that happened that day. (since people's recollections vary so much)

Making me think outside the box...;)

All vehicles should probably have been towed for electronic historical data.:)

All the vehicles were processed by LE in the very beginning. It was discussed here probably in the first thread.
We just have not been told anything.

We have not been told anything about anything.
By LE anyway.

Wasn’t CH’s vehicle a Chevy Silverado?
Trying to remember if a crew cab or extended cab. Some versions/years had different configurations for the back seat doors. Could have been a full size back seat door like the front doors or could have been a half door that required the front door to be opened.
JMO

@WizardQuest , the guy DW fired had been to the Wells residence and therefore knew about the Subaru. His yellow vehicle can be seen in the video of SW dancing in the mud puddle in front of the red barrel. (Either DW or CB said the vehicle belonged to that guy, so i don't know this officially.)

DW had some reason other than "this thing is costing me $600/month" for driving the Subaru. But, it's basically his* car, so i guess he can drive it for any reason he wants so i doubt we will ever get that explained. *I know it is CB's car, but DW is paying for it as far as we know.

I keep thinking one good reason would be if he took the boys to work. But, as far as we know, only H has said that was a thing that happened. CB may have just told H that for reasons of her own that may or may not be relevant to SW's disappearance.

DW's white pick up is just a regular truck, isn't it? It's not extended cab or anything? Just pretty much a typical work truck? There is probably at least one other person working on the subdivision that has a similar truck. So, it looks like the Subaru would really stand out and his pick up would blend in... (Granted, fired guy would easily spot DW's exact truck.)

The only car SW was in as far as we know is CH's. I don't know what year it is or if it can tell anyone about the doors being opened.

However, CH has driven it out of state and she could sell it or junk it if she wanted to. I mean, i don't know that she has any plans to be rid of it, but it's her property. So, if she doesn't want it any more, she doesn't have to keep it. So, i am not holding my breath for that truck to tell us anything.

ETA: although I agree about towing vehicles, they have yard cars and a bus, so all the tow trucks in Hawkins and Sullivan County, scramble! (Hehe) but i don't know if vehicles can be towed if the witnesses tell the cops SW was not in a vehicle, she was in a house.

Thanks for that info! I did not know that.

hmmm...

right...

they may have "said" she was in the house, but last known proof was she was in a vehicle. CH's truck. That truck could very well be the scene of a crime. Needs to be ruled out.

You are right, CH could have scrapped it by now.

Trying to remember if a crew cab or extended cab. Some versions/years had different configurations for the back seat doors. Could have been a full size back seat door like the front doors or could have been a half door that required the front door to be opened.
JMO

I think it must be the type you mentioned that the front door has to be opened first.
I remember CW describing to CM about how she opened the door for SW. It was in The Pond interview.

I am hereby wondering about the pillow as a thing. Well, not exactly, maybe there sometimes is a pillow. But, unless the pillow was used for the search dogs to sniff, i don't believe in it.

Since all the clothes SW wore that day got washed or something, it seems the pillow would be the perfect sniffable item. It is so small it is invisible (eta, i know it is supposed to be under SW, but she's tiny), thus easy for the dog handlers to carry. Otherwise, the seat back she was leaned against most of the day. Not portable, but should smell like SW.

It makes no sense to me these dogs weren't alerting left and right near her home. One of them was a bloodhound. Isn't that the best dog?

JMO

It looked new enough that they should be able to get info from it to determine when the middle back seatbelt was buckled and unbuckled. either way.

Thanks for that info! I did not know that.

hmmm...

right...

they may have "said" she was in the house, but last known proof was she was in a vehicle. CH's truck. That truck could very well be the scene of a crime. Needs to be ruled out.

You are right, CH could have scrapped it by now.
Everyone wants to get their claws on the Silverado, i think. Maybe it will yield more information than i think... I really can't tell what year it is...

I am afraid the Subaru is going to be the car the most data comes from and, from what we know, DW drove it to work, parked it, drove it to get some lunch (he told Mrs. Cher he thinks he went to the Dollar Store and bought some stuff to eat), drove it back to work, then drove it home. Otherwise, presumably it was parked outside whatever house he was working on that day.

I don't know how much of that Subaru can confirm, maybe all of it. And, from what we're privy to, SW spent zero minutes in Subaru that day. So frustrating...

JMO
CB definitely said both doors had to be open when she was talking to CM at the house. She said it was hard to open them because the lawn mower was there.

Do they? I'm a foodie. That's important. I even go into the straw. Ya know one end is a regular straw and the other like a shovel. Ya'll know what I mean?

Look if I get a water ice there's a straw. If the straw at the other end is beveled like a fork kind of? I.got a problem. Leave **** how it always was. Toss in a lousey.pretzel stick.

Soooooo did Summer get.a straw? Pardon my manners I don't do Slushies.

lots of places around here make you ask for a straw. It may be true in other parts of the country but here even Starbucks makes you ask for a straw and it barely fits in the tiny little slit that’s meant to drink out of. They are not the only ones who do that but most at least have decent places for a start to fit into. If I’m driving, I need a straw to drive safely and not get a cup in my line of sight.

Most places offer large amounts to straws with wide openings for slushees.

jmo

IMO The Wells have muddied the waters so much that if I was in LE, I would not know where to begin to solve this case. I sometimes doubt whether this case will ever be resolved. Summer could be anywhere. I think Don and Candus are more street smart (as I can't say criminally intelligent) than any of us have ever given them credit for. In most famous cases of missing children that either have not been solved or have been to trial and the parent/s have been found innocent, the parent/s IMO have muddied the waters so much so that there are too many possibilities leaving an element of doubt. For example, Jon Benet, Madeleine McCann and Casey Anthony. In other words, obfuscation is a good strategy for them. Obfuscation means the action of making something obscure, unclear, or unintelligible.

IMO The Wells have muddied the waters so much that if I was in LE, I would not know where to begin to solve this case. I sometimes doubt whether this case will ever be resolved. Summer could be anywhere. I think Don and Candus are more street smart (as I can't say criminally intelligent) than any of us have ever given them credit for. In most famous cases of missing children that either have not been solved or have been to trial and the parent/s have been found innocent, the parent/s IMO have muddied the waters so much so that there are too many possibilities leaving an element of doubt. For example, Jon Benet, Madeleine McCann and Casey Anthony. In other words, obfuscation is a good strategy for them. Obfuscation means the action of making something obscure, unclear, or unintelligible.
Nailed it Estelle 100% spot on.

Seemed like it to begin with.

It reminds me of Jonbenet's case.

Throw enough mud and it might not stick....but it makes the water murky enough to scare cops away from making committed decisions, even when the options are obvious.

Expertise is very lacking in seperating the bs and facts nowadays.

Court systems eat up and accept muddy water as reasonable doubt no matter how stupidly idiotic....ties LE hands :confused:

moo
It's not the muddy water that prevents charges being made. It's more than likely the fact that they can't back up charges yet. Maybe they never will. Suspicions about past behavior aren't a basis for charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413