AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those in the know, do you think there is a huge difference for finding a person that is on land verses a person that is in water?

Based on the cases I've followed, I would say yes. Bodies in the water often snag on roots, rocks, etc. under water, and water is often murky. Not to mention overhanging branches and such obscuring the view. Even a shallow stream has deep pools.

A couple of years ago there was an autistic boy in the midwest who was almost certainly in a canal. They drained the canal and searched it with dogs and equipment several times, even brought in a backhoe to clear the log jams, before they finally found him under one of the jams.

From your article above. I love reading this part.

(((((“One thing that we need to do is preserve the integrity of this case because we can’t tell everything we’re doing, we can’t tell everything we know, and a lot of the stuff that we get called on, we’ve already done several times.”))))) Quoted from above article.

Ever since CB said some "came up here and lured her away", i have interpreted "up here" to be the general area of their property including areas that are just near their property (such as the road). I don't know exactly what area she meant by that, of course.

I know it is said the dog lost the scent at the road, but there could be some reason for that we don't know about. Maybe there was some other scent (i am thinking of an irritating smell... More like fumes than an odor) that confused the dog.

However, was SW lured away and taken or lured away and lost? We don't know what she saw, heard, and experienced that day.

For much of the day, her decisions were made for her. She rode in the backseat of CH's truck while CB drove around doing various things. Sometimes H was with her, but a lot of time she was alone.

A couple of times she was able to get outside. At the horse pond, she ran ahead and jumped in it and began jumping around. And picking up H, she got out and went into his house.

Imagine you're five. This is a boring day. Except for a little while playing in the water and seeing H for the first time in a while. I suppose going to Sonic might be fun, but otherwise, she just sat in the backseat of the truck.

I am not saying they didn't talk to her, but she's five. She wants to run around and play. From all accounts, she is used to running around outside, playing on her swing, playing with her toys.

I do not assume she ate anything we weren't told about. I do not assume there was food she could eat in the car unless we count the candy scattered beside her. Absolutely trivial things are part of the narrative of the day including getting a piece of candy from CH. Therefore, MOO, if there had been food (even so much as a few chips) it would have been mentioned. Jmo

Thank you for your insight. How far in those woods do you think SW could have traveled in an hour? She had a big day and I think she would have run out of energy after not too long. If she was by herself, I'm thinking if she is lost then she would be closer to the home than if she were abducted.

About half a mile to a mile, not much more. Trails with obstructions and various distractions would keep her at a slow walk.

Edited to add: It's hard for an adult to visualize what a child sees. You have to get down on your knees or hands and knees and see the world from their level. Then you can see the things that might interest them and cause them to go wandering off. A rabbit or chipmunk, flowers and other things draw their attention. You have to think like a little child, everything is a wonder.

Last edited:
Re: how far Summer could have 'travelled' if she went outside and became lost in the woods near her home. In my experience, there is not really a magic number of miles or sq. miles that a missing person can travel on foot. Of course there are many contributing factors such as age, size, health, intellectual and emotional states, mental health conditions etc. However, one would be absolutely amazed at both how far from PLS a missing person can be located (even when extreme mitigating factors are present) as well as how close a missing person can be located after extensive search efforts have already been exhausted in immediate areas of PLS.
I know that it appears that extensive SAR resources were utilized initially in the search for Summer, and therefore if she were in the various search areas covered, she would have been located. But honestly, I am somewhat concerned that those initial search areas were not properly cleared due to other factors- such as private citizens out searching immediately all over the property and surrounding areas.
Not saying I believe this to be what happened to Summer but for example- has anyone seen anything about searches being conducted off of all surrounding roads and their various different pull offs? Along power line easements, fire breaks, ditches, hunting and dressing sites, banks of creeks, etc? I'm not talking about ON the property- I'm talking off the property but within a certain distance. Asking people to search their own property is great when you have community support and empathy. But it does not appear there is much community support for the Wells. If SAR truly lost Summer's scent at the bottom of the drive (and the K9s used were property trained and utilized for that trail) then perhaps she WAS picked up by a vehicle there. And perhaps she was then put out of a vehicle somewhere else. But on the other hand....I am hard pressed to see how Summer's scent could have been accurately tracked ANYwhere on the property, given the site contamination. Unless it was a location or trail that she had never taken before, was not contaminated, and SAR had an appropriate scent article.
So. Where does all of that leave us with initial searches 'clearing' the area?

WATCH: We thought we'd take a few minutes to update you on the search for Summer Wells, the five-year-old from Hawkins County who was reported missing on June 15th and remains the subject of a #TNAMBERAlert.

Bottom line: We haven't given up, and we won't.
https://twitter.com/tbinvestigation/status/1441119175716397062?s=21
OK...According to TBI, there is no news to report and social media is hindering the investigation rather than helping. I'd still like to see more frequent status reports from TBI, even if they only tell us there is nothing new to report.

Reading between the lines of the TBI's statement...

I think Summer did talk to her brothers. As in they convincingly report seeing her after she got home and they continue to do so. I am not saying they had a huge conversation with her, but they took their eyes and ears away from TV or games or whatever long enough to confirm seeing her that afternoon.

According to CB in the interview she did at the house with CM, SW was playing with her toys upstairs before "flower planting".

Ever since CB said some "came up here and lured her away", i have interpreted "up here" to be the general area of their property including areas that are just near their property (such as the road). I don't know exactly what area she meant by that, of course.

I know it is said the dog lost the scent at the road, but there could be some reason for that we don't know about. Maybe there was some other scent (i am thinking of an irritating smell... More like fumes than an odor) that confused the dog.

However, was SW lured away and taken or lured away and lost? We don't know what she saw, heard, and experienced that day.

For much of the day, her decisions were made for her. She rode in the backseat of CH's truck while CB drove around doing various things. Sometimes H was with her, but a lot of time she was alone.

A couple of times she was able to get outside. At the horse pond, she ran ahead and jumped in it and began jumping around. And picking up H, she got out and went into his house.

I really enjoy reading your posts, you put a lot of thought into them. The lured away and lost crossed my mind also. So SW could be a distance from her home, busy doing whatever she was doing and lost. The possibilities are so open for this child.
Imagine you're five. This is a boring day. Except for a little while playing in the water and seeing H for the first time in a while. I suppose going to Sonic might be fun, but otherwise, she just sat in the backseat of the truck.

I am not saying they didn't talk to her, but she's five. She wants to run around and play. From all accounts, she is used to running around outside, playing on her swing, playing with her toys.

I do not assume she ate anything we weren't told about. I do not assume there was food she could eat in the car unless we count the candy scattered beside her. Absolutely trivial things are part of the narrative of the day including getting a piece of candy from CH. Therefore, MOO, if there had been food (even so much as a few chips) it would have been mentioned. Jmo

I really enjoy reading your posts, you put a lot of thought into them. The lured away and lost crossed my mind also. So SW could be a distance from her home, busy doing whatever she was doing and lost. The possibilities are so open for this child.

Last edited:
I have seen nothing re: ground searches in MSM, from LE, from family, community, volunteer or otherwise. Maybe I am missing something? With the weather changing and ground and canopy cover thinning...it is not a bad time to re-search areas of interest or areas that were unable to be cleared previously. Also, that area has since had other weather events, causing changes in terrain, water movement, etc. Not sure whether Hawkins Co has the resources for that currently, though. They may be completely drained at this point. :(

What makes it very hard to embrace ideas is CW's 2 minute window.

It is limiting to the point of unbuyable.

Let's double it and give her the benefit of 4 minutes......

Both Candus's are out in the yard even if for a moment they went into the van...
they were still in open air with the door open on a 20 FT VAN.

Another problem for the abduction.

Dons car was in the driveway.

Someone who knew them would have to assume he was there at the time.

The red subaru was gone.

Someone who knew them would have to assume Candus and the kids were gone.

These parts aren't moveable and they don't support a stranger or known abductor.

Accident or trafficking seem to be the directions most likely. IMO.

Occam's razor usually applies.
Least amount of hoops to go through.

Accident and cover up still seems most logical to me.

moo

Well one thing I will say is hunting season is coming up soon. Sometimes it's the hunters that stumble up missing people. I still don't think Summer wandered off that property. She seems like a free spirited child but for some reason I just don't see her saying she was going downstairs to play and then just take off down the road. I know LE knows a lot more than they are letting on. I just hope she's found and given a proper burial because I feel like she's passed on.

I showed the milk jug picture to someone and they noticed how clean SW's nails were after being in the swimming hole just a few hours earlier. Which the bottom would have been muddy or gritty (probably, i have never been there).

But, most notably, they commented that she didn't look like a child who had recently had a blue slushy. Which is true, those things are messy and they turn your lips blue. I had forgotten all about it, but this person used to work retail and said they'd seen plenty of children who had just finished a blue slushy.

This person thinks that photo is just from another day. I can see the logic in that. But, i think there might be an unmentioned stop where SW got cleaned up and dressed in her fall clothes. I don't know why, but that's the only other explanation i can think of...

@Willow Knight , thanks. I try to think of different angles on this. I just want to help Summer somehow... Like everyone else here.

December- that's interesting, I had someone comment to me about the 'slushy dye color' apparently lacking from that picture as well. I wondered if perhaps the 'flavor' slushy was a red and that's why Summers lips look so pink in that pic? Of course, it could just be lighting or other distortion. I do think it would be unusual for a 5 year olds' face and hands to stay so clean in the situation described. Maybe it was another day? Maybe an adult held the slushy for her? Maybe she had her face and hands wiped or washed after drinking?

December- that's interesting, I had someone comment to me about the 'slushy dye color' apparently lacking from that picture as well. I wondered if perhaps the 'flavor' slushy was a red and that's why Summers lips look so pink in that pic? Of course, it could just be lighting or other distortion. I do think it would be unusual for a 5 year olds' face and hands to stay so clean in the situation described. Maybe it was another day? Maybe an adult held the slushy for her? Maybe she had her face and hands wiped or washed after drinking?
CB said SW got a blue slushy. They have a blue raspberry. I think that is probably what she got.

That dye takes more than just being wiped off, even with something damp. I mean, they do give you a straw, but still, she's five. I guess an adult could have held it, idk...

It has been a while since I drank a slushie. But, one time, at work someone brought in some candy that did the blue dye thing. Of course, this is all adults so no one made a mess, but we did all try to quickly de-blue our tongues it took a while to just wear off. But we all drank water, rinsed out our mouths in the bathroom, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member