AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #31

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the BP analysis of their interview with DW.

So, only focusing on SW's disappearance, they say DW was not involved. They believe he is answering their questions truthfully when it comes to something he personally experienced.

He got CB's story after the fact. He seems to want to believe her, but has doubts... (According to BP). This made me think about the fact CB wasn't the only adult there that day. CH was there. She has part of the story of the day. How much, we don't know.

CH has left town and is keeping her head down. So, DW is getting most of his follow up questions on the day answered by CB, so she is answering for herself and CH. Meaning part of the story DW has is third hand.

I am not accusing CH of anything. I am just saying DW talks to CB much, much more than he talks to CH.

DW is the unofficial spokesman of the case and he was not there. I know LE talked to everyone there including the boys and neighbors and lots of other people. I think DW has talked to a few of the same people, but i think maybe the ones he spoke to didn't really know anything. Except maybe the neighbor who heard the scream. (I know LE discounts that, so maybe there is a good reason for that, idk.)

I think this is what LE keeps trying to say... We have a small percent of the relevant details and that's all because that's all DW knows (on this subject).

I doubt DW knows the difference between "kidnapped" and "abduction" well enough for the word difference to matter. I think the neighbor who heard the scream has put the idea of someone sneaking up behind SW (not deliberately, that is just what I pictured from her description) and covering her mouth which makes me think "kidnapper", too. I guess DW and I have seen some of the same movies.
Im not likening what happened to Summer to a movie, of course.

I do think that if this was a targeted abduction that the abductor could easily assume the family would immediately be blamed (by LE). This may have been part of the reason SW was chosen (if it was an abduction) despite the numerous dogs and other obstacles.

Timeline of the search for Summer Wells | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather The TBI has yet to identify the driver of a red or maroon Toyota Tacoma that was allegedly in Beech Creek area around the time Summer was last seen. "Allegedly" ???????? So does the Red/Maroon Toyota Tacoma even exist? How about the scream???
I thought we had been told that it wasn't on camera....so it's alleged to be there.

Honestly, we should be using the word "allegedly" a lot more on this page.

Look on the last page (7) of the Media, Maps, Timeline page. There you can find a lot about that crucial hour.
I know what they have said happened...but the confusion about calling and/or arriving at 5:30 vs. 6:30 just isn't a huge deal to me. LE knows who called 911 at what time. They know where the calls come from. They know who was on the scene when they got there and who arrived later.

It's so sad that the biggest danger to a child is someone close to them.

I think "close" is a relative term. It's impossible to find clear statistics, but a portion of the family/close-to-them abductions aren't "close" at all. The term 'known' would be more appropriate. 'They knew them from church,' 'he ran a booth at the school carnival,' a freaking birthday clown.

I know what they have said happened...but the confusion about calling and/or arriving at 5:30 vs. 6:30 just isn't a huge deal to me. LE knows who called 911 at what time. They know where the calls come from. They know who was on the scene when they got there and who arrived later.
The confusion is not only normal but expected, I would think. I lost my 6 year old niece at Disneyland once. I never lost one of my own because they knew better than to run around, silly-nilly in an exuberant odyssey away from adult supervision. The whole world stopped!!! Everything was fuzzy. My head was spinning. I was hyperventilating. Sheer panic set in. It still haunts me. The thing that I was least worried about was checking my watch or a clock as I was trying to stay focused on the crisis at hand while also keeping track of my own three. Luckily, she was very close by and had just squatted down behind something that was blocking my view of her. This kind of unadulterated panic is innate, methinks.

Mod Note:

Thirteen posts from this evening have been removed for bickering back and forth. When a response is a snarky statement without a link to support your point of view, that is simply bickering and not progressing the conversation.

If you have a point you wish to share that is counter to a view by another poster regarding the events of this case, use a link to back it up.

Given that the house can't be seen from the road, it's unlikely if someone abducted Summer they were just on the prowl.
She wasn't old enough to have gone online and met someone.
Whoever did abduct her, it had to be someone who had "chosen" her and then took advantage of the situation when she went outside.
Someone that saw her in town in the weeks previous who took an interest in her? Someone who lived in town? Someone from their church?
I think whoever took Summer had watched the home for some time, waiting for an opportunity when she'd be alone. I also think it's someone Summer recognized and they called her over to the edge of the property.
At 5 years old, how many adults would she know?
JMO
BBM
I read this last night and this one sentence stuck with me. Summer might have been too young to be online to have met someone, but the boys weren’t. Could they have interacted with someone online?

IIRC their area got internet back in the Spring, they hadn’t had it that long. They might have been relatively new to the internet. They spent a lot of time by themselves at home that day from what we’ve been told. Could they have given out too much information and attracted the wrong kind of attention? Someone who learned there wasn’t an adult present? Maybe someone who had gained their trust?

I know stranger abduction is rare and we’ve said that it would be risky for a predator to approach their home. It wouldn’t be as risky though if they somehow learned when adults were present and when they weren’t. From a distance Summer would pass for a boy with her very short hair.

I’m just thinking out loud but does anyone think someone could have groomed one of the boys, then made off with Summer thinking she was a boy?

Exactly, parents and family relatives are way more likely to abduct a child. Here they give an estimation of 875.000 a year.

Mothers, female relatives are most likely to abduct children - The Journalist's Resource
If any of us experience a missing child, statistics say there's a good chance we are involved but it's far from 100%.
And so many involve custody disputes.
From your link: BBM

Children who have been abducted or kidnapped are more likely to be from low-income households and have separated, estranged or divorced parents. In two-parent families, an estimated nine children per 1,000 experience an abduction or kidnapping compared to 84 per 1,000 in single-parent households.

The confusion is not only normal but expected, I would think. I lost my 6 year old niece at Disneyland once. I never lost one of my own because they knew better than to run around, silly-nilly in an exuberant odyssey away from adult supervision. The whole world stopped!!! Everything was fuzzy. My head was spinning. I was hyperventilating. Sheer panic set in. It still haunts me. The thing that I was least worried about was checking my watch or a clock as I was trying to stay focused on the crisis at hand while also keeping track of my own three. Luckily, she was very close by and had just squatted down behind something that was blocking my view of her. This kind of unadulterated panic is innate, methinks.
This story reminds me of the time I ran away to go play elsewhere when I was at SeaWorld with my mom. I was also around 6. They were calling me over the loudspeaker but I didn’t care, I ignored it, and kept playing. When my mom finally found me she was white, shaking, sobbing. She probably couldn’t have even told you her last name at that point. MOO
(And yes, I got in LOTS of trouble!)

“The boys a lot of times would leave this unlocked"

BBM

He could have left it there. But he doesn't. he goes on to say.

"and wide open a bunch of times, and we’d get on them a lot and tell them ‘you can’t do that’ but we’d always find it open a bunch of times. We tried to control that but we couldn’t control that 100 percent of the time,”

Why does he feel the need to ram this point home. It's like he is trying to convince us when he doesn't have to. It is a need to persuade when it is not needed and we only have his word to go on. That's if it was the boys who left it open as he doesn't actually say they did, but intimates at it. So he has no need to go on and on about it
If i remember correctly Candace said "noone can get in or out".

AMO

This is not about me, it's about Summer, however I would to share how grief works and words people used when tormented by a child.

A couple of years ago, 6am, daddy woke to find the most love, wanted, and pampered baby not breathing. After investigating, interviewing, and autopsy it was determined SIDs.

While being interviewed and TO THIS DAY I still go on and on about the night prior. She drank two oz of milk, burped after this first oz, before the second oz she stared into my eyes while I talked to her. That cute little purple sweater she had on. On and on, over explaining the details.

And the words from people that don't believe in SIDs.

Maybe he is not trying to convince us the door was left open, maybe he is going over all options, his thoughts, his theories. Maybe he is asking for help, trying to figure out what happened to his daughter. Getting out as many details in his own way to get help figuring out what happened.

And slap me silly, but no one in, and noone out is my favorite. When my own were younger and with the teenage grandkids to this day. Before leaving this house my famous words are...keep doors locked, no one in, no one out.

Timeline of the search for Summer Wells | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather The TBI has yet to identify the driver of a red or maroon Toyota Tacoma that was allegedly in Beech Creek area around the time Summer was last seen. "Allegedly" ???????? So does the Red/Maroon Toyota Tacoma even exist? How about the scream???

I believe TBI, that has more facts than we do, believe it exits. TBI wishes to speak to the driver, I doubt TBI would pull that information out of their "pocket". TBI is made up of professionals, experienced LE, and a heart that beats. TBI is looking for a missing 5 year old, TBI wishes to speak to the driver of a red/maroon Toyota Tacoma.

Not sure I understand the question and all the question marks. FACT: TBI wishes to speak to the driver of said vehicle.

I believe TBI, that has more facts than we do, believe it exits. TBI wishes to speak to the driver, I doubt TBI would pull that information out of their "pocket". TBI is made up of professionals, experienced LE, and a heart that beats. TBI is looking for a missing 5 year old, TBI wishes to speak to the driver of a red/maroon Toyota Tacoma.

Not sure I understand the question and all the question marks. FACT: TBI wishes to speak to the driver of said vehicle.

And in a case with no facts, that is a pretty big one. It's FBI manhunt 101, "we just want to talk to the guy who owns this truck. He might have valuable info that can help find her, so call us if you know him." Good stuff.

The scream and the truck aren't in the same category.

LE has been after this truck having it mentioned in many news releases, etc. I think they believe the truck is real and related.

Maybe there is just nothing else to be learned about the scream at this point.

Now you can write to the Wells on their website if you have a question. They have added a new questions page.

'There are many questions people have. You may send your question to us to view and consider responding to on our website. You do not have to give your name or email address. However, we would like to see the city, or state, or country you live in. Thank You for your concern and help in finding our Daughter Summer Moon-Utah Wells.'

We've Added New Questions Page (findsummerwells.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member