AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #32

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. Personally, I think a planned/opportunistic abduction may have occurred. Summer and H stayed in the car at the grocery store. The grocery store is in a pretty busy area with a huge Eastman Chemical complex right next door. Looks like a landfill is right there as well. My point is, a lot of traffic is popping by that grocery store to get milk on the way home.

Even though we don't have any clear timeline on how long they were actually in the store it was at least half an hour. Plenty of time for a preferential predator to see her in the back seat. A preferential predator would not be able to resist stalking the target. The hypothetical preferential predator follows them home and begins staking out the area. Looking for access points, discovering that Simpson Road connects back to Beech Creek Road even though the map says it doesn't, etc. This is also where an unknown vehicle would most likely have been noticed.

So the hypothetical preferential predator is creeping around Ben Hill Rd in a red truck and spots his target chasing a puppy (or whatever) down the dog trail. He was laying the groundwork to abduct and his target just ran right to him.

Her having wandered into the woods and gotten lost is statistically more likely. Search dogs aren't infallible, but it just bothers me that they lost her scent at the road. If she had continued on foot, they should have been able to pick up her scent again on the other side of the road or going up the driveway. Just a very coincidental place to lose a scent completely.
If the predator saw Summer as she slept in the truck in the parking lot of the grocery store, then they would have also saw a teenage boy sitting with her and two women getting into the car with them. That, IMO, is an almost impossible scenario for a kidnapper.

To me the "hollow" is that little valley below the hill where the Wells live that is filled with cars. You can watch it fill with stuff as you scroll through the images. I'm not sure who that patch belongs to, though.
Those are their yard cars (this is my personal term for such things) because CB told CM the bus belonged to CH. The Wells have 11 acres, so this is their land.

That isn't "the holler". CB drove CH's truck to "the holler as far as it would go" the day SW went missing. She could have just basically just strolled over to the yard cars.

I was really wondering about what some people were saying about the holler and how SW probably played there all the time, etc. i was pretty confused.

I am a little vague on the concept of a holler even though I am from Tennessee, but i am not from the mountains. However, i do know that isn't one. :)

@lonetraveler , this was 6/15, so i guess LE was hoping SW was alive at that point. Since then, LE has said they've used other types of dogs.

Also, SW was asleep in the truck at the grocery store? I have never heard this before. H said she was watching videos with him.

The milk jug photo, if that's what you're thinking of is definitely not from the grocery store parking lot. It is from a very brief video, but you can tell they're driving on the road not that far from their house, i forget which road specifically.

A predator could follow the truck from any point. If nothing else, they might be able to learn where SW lives. But, i am not saying that such a person even exists. Maybe, but maybe not.

Idk of CB, CH, and H would be that much of a deterrent. A predator just might bide their time until none of them were watching.

Maybe LE knows a lot more than they are saying. I’m sure that they have their eye on suspects in more than one missing person case. If the death was a result of foul play, only the perp would know that the body that was found is likely the person that they killed. Maybe LE is waiting to see who starts to sweat. MOO

Personally, I don't think that the brothers ever actually saw Summer go down those stairs. I think that she was dead on arrival. JMO

I got the impression from the parents that the brothers were either sleeping, playing video games or watching TV and did not notice whether SW went down those stairs or not. But LE must have asked them early on about this. IMO SW never returned to their house. But IMO CW knows where she is.

CarolynV said:
KCSO: Human remains found Saturday evening in East Knox County | wbir.com

The article indicates that they are currently unable to determine the age or sex of the deceased due to the condition of the remains. Even considering animal scatter and weather conditions, if the person was clothed when they were left in that location it would seem that would give some indication of age or sex. Shoes would be especially useful.

I’m afraid that if someone dumped a child’s body they probably destroyed the clothing or kept it for a trophy.
MOO

Does anyone know if there would have been snow or ice in East Knox county yesterday?

Even if there was clothing or anything similar, LE won't generally comment on it; very little is usually released before the post-mortem.

At the 1:00 mark in the video Leslie Earhart says "At this time, there is no evidence that she was abducted. However, all avenues continue to be explored, including foul play and the very real possibility [BIBM] that she wandered off and became lost in the mountainous and rough terrain surrounding her home". The wording certainly caught my attention. It seems odd to me though that the FAQ isn't worded in the exact same way? Am I reading too much into it? MOO

AMBER Alert – Summer Wells
UPDATED 12/15/21
SBIBM
At this time, there is no evidence that she was abducted. However, all avenues continue to be explored, including foul play and the possibility that she wandered off and became lost in the mountainous and rough terrain surrounding her home.
You're not weird. You are vigilant and observant.

Been following this case but haven't posted because there are no facts aside from Summer disappeared. Just an observation but it did strike me as odd that CW shaved Summers head because of lice. Almost all kids get lice from school at least once, mine as well but I have honestly never seen a parent do more than buy and use the lice shampoo. Maybe it varies from place to place? But no matter. My second thought was, are there wild animals in that area capable of carrying her off? I am holding on to hope for the simple reason LE are keeping info this close to the vest. It's usually only when they have a specific need that they release info to public or when they hit a wall that they see no other way to solve the case. My heart goes out to these parents. They may not live like me, react like me, show greif and emotion like me but it in and of itself it doesn't mean squat and i truly don't understand how people throw quilt over it. It's just all so sad. JMO

Last edited:
Those are their yard cars (this is my personal term for such things) because CB told CM the bus belonged to CH. The Wells have 11 acres, so this is their land.

That isn't "the holler". CB drove CH's truck to "the holler as far as it would go" the day SW went missing. She could have just basically just strolled over to the yard cars.

I was really wondering about what some people were saying about the holler and how SW probably played there all the time, etc. i was pretty confused.

I am a little vague on the concept of a holler even though I am from Tennessee, but i am not from the mountains. However, i do know that isn't one. :)

It's the only thing I see in the area that qualifies that one could legitimately think of as the first place Summer would have run off to play.

I agree that a holler is generally a lot bigger than that, but I'm working with the language we're getting.

Did her neighbors report anything strange? Look for something that a suspect might leave behind. Suspect probably likes this girl. Place probably looks clean.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member