DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

hollye

Reaction score
Official Wells Family information website "Find Summer Wells"

Media, Maps and Timeline - No Discussion Thread

Poll: What do you feel happened to Summer Wells?

Map Courtesy of @skibaboo : Summer Wells, Rogersville TN June 15th 2021 - Google My Maps

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4

The following threads have been pulled. (Please see here for a brief explanation).

Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12
Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20
Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23

The following threads remain:

Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation has issued an endangered child alert for a missing 5-year-old from Hawkins County.

Summer Wells is 5 years old and not 4 as was previously reported.

Emergency crews are searching for Summer Wells around Ben Hill Road in the Beech Creek community.

Wells was seen walking away from her home on Ben Hill Road around 7 p.m.

She is 4-feet tall, has blonde hair, and was last seen wearing a pink shirt and gray shorts.

TBI issues endangered child alert for missing Hawkins County 5-year-old | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

Last edited by a moderator:
Updated Nov 28, 2021
Approved YouTube Videos

Attached are links to the YouTube episodes currently approved for discussion in Summer Wells case. An approved episode does not mean the channel is approved for blanket posting. When referencing YouTube content be sure it is from one of the links below. If it is not linked below, do not post it and do not bring discussion of it into the thread. When making a post regarding specific statements within these videos please take the following steps within the post:
  1. Include the url link to the YouTube episode
  2. Provide the TimeStamp for the statements being referenced

The responsibility to support statements made within the videos rests with the poster of the information being stated as fact.

Blanket approval - Websleuths live with Tricia
All Episodes released on case - Profiling Evil

Episode ONLY Approvals
Unmasked:
Milk jug video in car

Interview with H’s Mom
Interview with Church Friend DD
Don Wells - Rumors Explained / Phone Call

DutyRon:
Summer Wells false rumors and how it affects the case with special guests on Crime Time with DutyRon (Interview w/ Dr. Butcher)
Summer Wells Search by Midwestern EquuSearch special guest Dave Rader
Summer Wells Search live updates with David Rader from Midwest EquuSearch in Tennessee
Interview with DR Equusearch Sept 4, 2021

Voices Behind the Wall (Interviews with DW):
DW Interview #1
DW Interview #2
DW Interview #3 (Retraces Steps)
DW Interview #4 DW & Sister
DW Interview #5 DW Answers Accusation and Offers New Theory
DW Interview #6 August 22, 2021

DW Interview #7 August 22, 2021
DW Interview #8 September 15, 2021 (24:00 - 1:20:00)

John Kelly Profiler:
Who Took Summer Wells - Part 1
Who Took Summer Wells - Part 2 Who is Guilty
Who Took Summer Wells - Part 3 Who is the Boogeyman
Who Took Summer Wells - Part 4 Darkness and Evil

We Can Bring You Hope: Podcast Interview with DW

Trail and Property Views (Crackin’ Cases)
Trail View #1
Trail View #2

Don Wells Family Official YouTube Page

If it’s not on the list above do not post it without prior approval from a mod/admin.

Mod Reminder:
  • No direct accusations and stay victim friendly - there are no named POI’s
  • Summers diet is off limits - not relevant
  • Don’t trash talk
  • Reply to posts to engage in conversation, not to bicker, argue or bait (automatic time out)
  • Include LINKS to direct quotes or statements of fact
  • All other TOS as outlined HERE
  • To discuss historical SA allegations use this thread: Allegations of Historical SA in the Summer Wells Case

ADMIN NOTE:

This post lands at random.

H is a public figure in this case so it is fine to factually discuss what he has said.
It is NOT fine to make insinuations, direct or indirect accusations against any minor. Please keep that in mind going forward.

Stick to discussing known facts and reasonable speculation and opinion rather than making up scenarios from out in left field. Such posts get removed along with all responses to them.

Thanks.

I think you have to go to the holler (the one they're talking about) on a road or quite some ways over rough terrain. I think this is the same road that, though maps don't really show it, allows access to another road that (a person who knows what they're doing) can use to get away from that general area.

I imagine part of it is a bumpy ride and maybe not possible with just any type of vehicle. But, CB was driving CH's truck. I don't know if CH's truck is capable of getting to that other road or not.

I think it is probably not from what CB said. Possibly nothing CB had at home with her at that time could do any better than CH's truck (DW's truck was there, idk if CB had the keys or not, but idk if driving it would be any better than driving her mom's).

Can the Subaru do it? Maybe?

I am sorry, I can not remember exactly where i saw all of this about the roads. It's in these threads, mostly where people are talking about roads or terrain. This can be in regard to searches, sometimes.

I am not trying to be difficult about the holler. I get, it is a weird word. But, it is not a place SW could easily and quickly make her way to.

I am sure there are ways to get to it that SW (or her brothers) might know. I don't know if it is possible to even get there without leaving DW's property because i am not sure about property lines.

This place is not a place that can be seen and supervised from the camper or house (such as the yard car area, which is in a lower part of their yard).

It has always been kind of weird to me that CB immediately drove as far as she could into the holler (after searching the basement, namely the bed because she describes looking under the blankets).

SW absolutely could not have gotten into the holler, if i understand its distance from her house, even running in good shoes. It's too far.

But, then, CB has always said someone took SW.

I just realized H might have talked to SW one on one more than anyone on 6/15. They waited in the car together during a few stops at stores.

CB was with her a lot, too. But, she had to drive and H was actually sitting by SW.

I just realized H might have talked to SW one on one more than anyone on 6/15. They waited in the car together during a few stops at stores.

CB was with her a lot, too. But, she had to drive and H was actually sitting by SW.
I’m still having trouble understanding how a young teenager became part of that day…

amateur opinion and speculation

It has always been kind of weird to me that CB immediately drove as far as she could into the holler (after searching the basement, namely the bed because she describes looking under the blankets).

SW absolutely could not have gotten into the holler, if i understand its distance from her house, even running in good shoes. It's too far.

But, then, CB has always said someone took SW.

If somebody took a child, wouldn't they head to Beech Creek Rd and out of Rogersville as fast as possible? Not a dead end road with rural, watchful neighbors. Of course CB knows this. Now maybe she was covering all bases, but I also thought that statement about driving to the back of the holler was suspicious.

If somebody took a child, wouldn't they head to Beech Creek Rd and out of Rogersville as fast as possible? Not a dead end road with rural, watchful neighbors. Of course CB knows this. Now maybe she was covering all bases, but I also thought that statement about driving to the back of the holler was suspicious.

While I don't think it would be a great idea for a complete stranger unfamiliar to the area to plan on abducting a child from the immediate area of Ben Hill if they were planning on going unnoticed, it's also not exactly a dead end road, IMO. It is in the sense of a paved and accessible/named road, but there are actually several other ways you could get around and off the hill. Also, it seems that there were some people out looking at properties during that time period, which might mean unusual vehicles turning around in drives and on dirt areas etc. There are also farms and fields and some clear cut areas thru out, which with an appropriate vehicle you could easily pass. IMO.

For the people who think the 'holler' is referring to the 'dead end' of Ben Hill vs the people that think the 'holler' is referring to the location on the Wells' property: which specific creek/creek bed do you think CW was referring to when she said the boys could go down there (and search)? And where DW assumably said he saw his boys and a neighbor searching when he drove up (by the shed?)

All right, i have to insert the disclaimer that even though I am from Tennessee, the geography of Hawkins County is not familiar to me.

I think the holler is the "dead end" that is not a dead end.

I think the creek is on the Wells' property. This is why the boys played there frequently and why CB sent them to search.

Now, as far as the holler, i reckon the reason why a person would search it quickly, eschewing other avenues of searching including the way most people access the Wells' property, is because they have knowledge that some person or persons who are not law abiding use that route to travel in and out of the area. I suppose it is more discreet.

Perhaps the person searching knows a route, since they live in the area, that they wish to check. However, not all vehicles are up to the task?

I imagine wherever or whatever this is has been checked and explored extensively since that night. Perhaps even later that same night.

There are only two reasons to hop in the truck and frantically drive down there immediately: 1. SW did wander and this was where she wandered (i have no idea if this is at all likely, but if so she was not barefooted) and 2. The person(s) suspected are familiar with local byways. So, if they're not local, they have made sure to find out about this place and the person searching even before LE arrives knows this.

Now, even if CB thought #2 was the case on 6/15, evidence may have been found out since then (and maybe even later that night) proving that theory wrong.

ETA: i think SW is probably in Hawkins County, maybe Sullivan County. Jmo.

All right, i have to insert the disclaimer that even though I am from Tennessee, the geography of Hawkins County is not familiar to me.

I think the holler is the "dead end" that is not a dead end.

I think the creek is on the Wells' property. This is why the boys played there frequently and why CB sent them to search.

Now, as far as the holler, i reckon the reason why a person would search it quickly, eschewing other avenues of searching including the way most people access the Wells' property, is because they have knowledge that some person or persons who are not law abiding use that route to travel in and out of the area. I suppose it is more discreet.

Perhaps the person searching knows a route, since they live in the area, that they wish to check. However, not all vehicles are up to the task?

I imagine wherever or whatever this is has been checked and explored extensively since that night. Perhaps even later that same night.

There are only two reasons to hop in the truck and frantically drive down there immediately: 1. SW did wander and this was where she wandered (i have no idea if this is at all likely, but if so she was not barefooted) and 2. The person(s) suspected are familiar with local byways. So, if they're not local, they have made sure to find out about this place and the person searching even before LE arrives knows this.

Now, even if CB thought #2 was the case on 6/15, evidence may have been found out since then (and maybe even later that night) proving that theory wrong.

ETA: i think SW is probably in Hawkins County, maybe Sullivan County. Jmo.

So, you think she wandered away?

So, you think she wandered away?
I don't know really what happened. I think that it is possible. But, then she would be in Hawkins County.

I mean, there's no way SW walked from her backyard to Sullivan County. If she's there, someone would have taken her. Also parts of Hawkins County are just too far away for her to get on her own.

I started thinking about Sullivan County when i watched a video someone in the area made just driving around. This was made before SW went missing. They drove across the county line from Hawkins to Sullivan, stopping just to look at a little park.

Just want to throw a couple ideas out there....

We don't know the family's original plans for the day. Was it a scheduled doctor's appointment or emergent? Was Summer expected to tag along? Or alternately, might Summer have run to the end of the driveway and placed in the vehicle because she didn't want to be left behind? Maybe the brothers were expected to watch her, not at 3 or 5 pm but closer to 8 am. Maybe a brother DID see her go down the path, but not at 7 pm, at 7 am (just prior to the departure to the doctor appointment).

If Summer was an unexpected tag along, and the combination of the appointment itself plus the prescription delay made for a longer errand than expected perhaps that's what led to later spontaneous events, namely the swim hole and other people.

None of this explains or implies what happened to Summer leading to her disappearance but it might lend sense to some seemingly conflicting details.

JMO

Last edited:
When DW pulled into the area about their home and not into the driveway, the location where he said he then just knew Summer was gone, perhaps up until that moment, he fully expected it was a prank.

I long thought he saw something from that vantage that somehow confirmed an abduction. I now think it's possible that what he saw (which was a neighbor searching for Summer) confirmed to him that it wasn't a prank, that Summer really was missing.

This still doesn't explain or imply what led to Summer's disappearance, but again, but it might lend sense to some seemingly conflicting details.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member