AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I figured, when the interview was released last night of Summer's mom speaking, it was just a snippet of what she said and what was actually aired. Today, there's more of the video released, however probably still edited, but at least you get more.

I'm very perturbed that the reporter/news station yesterday made it appear that Summer's mom really only gave comments on her daughters hair and what they were doing before she went missing. She was probably answering questions that were asked of her and had no control over what would be aired. The news media, IMO, is deliberate with their intentions when releasing info. They get a huge thumbs down from me on this one.

Dad mentions something about it being hard to keep hope alive and he fears his daughter is gone. He acknowledges he sometimes speaks about Summer in the past tense. That's raw honesty. I can appreciate that, although it will make some people uncomfortable. IMO

Mother of missing 5-year-old Summer Wells speaks on camera for first time | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

Thanks for explaining this. That's what I was looking for with my original question . I'm kind of fascinated with vernacular of different parts of the country. Can you give a few example sentences with context, using "it smothers me." I guess this is OT now because I'm just satisfying my own curiosity about the language.
Off Topic

My family on both sides are deep-rooted Appalachian Americans. I know exactly what she meant when using the word. It didn't occur to me it would sound odd to anyone.

Last night I woke up and I felt like I was smothering. I was thinking about my daddy, who passed three years ago this month of lung cancer. I literally couldn't breathe. :-(

Sometimes when it's really muggy outside, the heat smothers me.

As a member of the SAR community, my first thought is too look where SAR has not been able to look yet, or maybe look again? The SAR on the ground in the area of Summer's disappearance has been extensive and comprehensive and immense and competent. But SAR in general is unfortunately extremely difficult, and the needle-in-the-haystack is all too common. Maybe as an online community we could collectively come together for some possible locations that might have been missed? Sort of an arial view?

Mother of missing 5-year-old Summer Wells speaks on camera for first time | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

6th video (Candus Well Speaks Out Monday Night) There is a wealth of new info in there regarding time line. Much we didn't know. :)

Thanks for posting that. Earlier today I wondered if the parents made a plea to the "abductor" to release Summer, and they do indeed ask that in this clip.

I still have many questions, but wanted to post that my previous question has been addressed by this clip.

jmo

I’m beginning to think that some of the most valuable info could come from the boys, even if they don’t consider it relevant or important. They’re old enough to remember and describe people, events, locations, and patterns/deviations from patterns.

I've thought from day one there's no way this little girl walked off into the Tennessee woods, barefoot or otherwise.

It's a miserable, painful, and likely physically harmful experience, rather sooner than later. Without long pants, shoes, DEET, and maybe even a hat, with a towel covering the neck, well, even with OFF or DEET, you'll still get attacked.

All my opinion, based on personal summer time experience in hot and humid circumstances in East coast forested land from Maine to Georgia.

Note I point no fingers, nor make any accusations, other than to say it's my opinion, and has been for some time, that foul play is at hand, and the truth eludes us as of now.
Exactly and I feel sure that the dogs would be able to track her into the woods. Her DNA from even small injuries from the sticks and briars and her handling the weeds and plants in order to help herself walk would be there for tracking.
I'm waiting to find out if any evidence has been found in any of the vehicles by cadaver dogs. I know, I hated to type that.

As I figured, when the interview was released last night of Summer's mom speaking, it was just a snippet of what she said and what was actually aired. Today, there's more of the video released, however probably still edited, but at least you get more.

I'm very perturbed that the reporter/news station yesterday made it appear that Summer's mom really only gave comments on her daughters hair and what they were doing before she went missing. She was probably answering questions that were asked of her and had no control over what would be aired. The news media, IMO, is deliberate with their intentions when releasing info. They get a huge thumbs down from me on this one.

Dad mentions something about it being hard to keep hope alive and he fears his daughter is gone. He acknowledges he sometimes speaks about Summer in the past tense. That's raw honesty. I can appreciate that, although it will make some people uncomfortable. IMO

and people just blame the parents for not being perfect when in fact the media CHOSE to release this footage first on purpose! they absolutely know what they're doing. its character assassination and its disgusting.

As a member of the SAR community, my first thought is too look where SAR has not been able to look yet, or maybe look again? The SAR on the ground in the area of Summer's disappearance has been extensive and comprehensive and immense and competent. But SAR in general is unfortunately extremely difficult, and the needle-in-the-haystack is all too common. Maybe as an online community we could collectively come together for some possible locations that might have been missed? Sort of an arial view?
Thank you! This has been my mantra from the onset. I’m no SAR expert, but based on my volunteer search experience know how difficult it is to “see” outdoors. It is highly plausible she is still in the woods, yet to be found.

amateur opinion and speculation

I've heard that phrase used by my parents and other family members in southern West Virginia where I'm originally from. I have said it myself on occasion. It's meant to convey overwhelming anxiety and a feeling of helplessness.
That is what I see.
The terrible helplessness of a parent of a lost child.

When I looked at a satellite view a few days back, the hay rides jumped out at me. I wondered if she wanted to visit the horses.
Other than that, I thought she might have crossed the road near her home and had gone in that direction. I will look again later today; back to work for now.

Exactly and I feel sure that the dogs would be able to track her into the woods. Her DNA from even small injuries from the sticks and briars and her handling the weeds and plants in order to help herself walk would be there for tracking.
I'm waiting to find out if any evidence has been found in any of the vehicles by cadaver dogs. I know, I hated to type that.
A poster here said dogs did track Summer to end of the driveway.
MOO some dogs can track scent from moving cars.
But then dogs literally walked over Vanessa Guillen buried remains without alerting, while feral pigs picked up the cadavr scent a day or so later.

You know I'm big on those loops, Oriah. :)

But fair warning...I'd be looking for possible dump sites. :(

<modsnip - quoted post removed>
<modsnip> But I keep going into my own personal 'mom distress mode' and wonder why/how parents of a missing child would intentionally alter their state of mind... Like, wouldn't you want to be clear minded, on point, and focused on finding your child? I ask that with a grain of salt, and pure curiosity because I have no idea what they are going through or what I would possibly put myself through in their situation. Just don't know what to think anymore.

I still can't get over DW, and now CW referring to Summer Moon in the past tense. I have my theories, but with respect and hope, <modsnip>

Just had a light bulb go off in regards to the changing story/ timeline because it has been bothering me and it's always easy to think "I would never do that" or "that would never happen to me."
I could see myself giving responses like this if my state was altered in such a way that I didn't really remember or realize how long it was before I checked on my child and/ or couldn't remember the minute details of the day and everything was a bit blurry. Maybe I would be too embarrassed or feeling too judged to come out and say exactly this is why there was not a definitive answer to the questions and a hard timeline.
For example: someone has a few drinks. Husband asks what time did you put child to bed. Instead of responding with a definite time like normally, you might say "I'm not really sure" or "oh it wasn't that late". Yes, the child was safely tucked into bed but the exact details of that occurance could be fuzzy. Or in this case, the child was observed walking into the house.

As someone in recovery, my very first though on the timeline was always that if they were fuzzy from a substance, 1) an accurate timeline would be difficult to ascertain, and 2) shame is a very insidious thing. Re: whether CW displayed an altered state in interview (I didn’t necessarily pick up on that, actually), anyone with previous substance use issues (not saying that there were, but just saying) would probably be very hard pressed not to revert to their drug of choice as a coping mechanism to get them through something so horrific. I’d like to think I’d stay sober, but I wouldn’t be surprised if I didn’t. And at the very least, I’d be on some serious benzos to keep me from constant panic attacks.

When I looked at a satellite view a few days back, the hay rides jumped out at me. I wondered if she wanted to visit the horses.
Other than that, I thought she might have crossed the road near her home and had gone in that direction. I will look again later today; back to work for now.

Ty that's exactly what I was hoping for. I personally am trying to focus on a 3/4 -1 1/4 mile radius, definitely in the direction of the road BUT curious children can go far, especially when they are bored or distracted or interested. Imo, just because k9s lost scent at the road, doesn't mean she was picked up by a vehicle at that location. Also...it seems she might have left in the opposite direction? If she went out the basement door...where was she headed exactly?

bbm
I didn't know that cadaver dogs had been used on the vehicles.
Wonder if they've used them inside the house ?
Thanks for that information.

And I agree it's very painful to discuss it but after extensive searches and no scent at all except to the mailbox (Don Well's words, not LE's.), other possibilities need to be considered.
I do believe LE have been working diligently, and from their own statements at the pressers, they've been working two investigations simultaneously.
Heartbreaking for the searchers and LE as it's been more than two weeks and they're still at square one.
Unless they know more than we do and are keeping it close to the vest.
Imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member