TN TN - Tracey Barnes, 53, Jackson County, 11 Aug 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
Original
Original
Original
Original

Missing Person / NamUs #MP60572
Tracey Barnes

Female, White / Caucasian
Height 5' 3" (63 Inches)
Weight 150 lbs

Brown Hair
Green Eyes

Circumstances
Date of Last Contact August 11, 2019
NamUs Case Created October 2, 2019
Last Known Location Map
Location Jackson County, Tennessee
Jackson County

Circumstances of Disappearance
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigations is assisting the Jackson County Sheriff’s Office in the search of a missing woman. Tracey Barnes was last seen on Sunday morning, August 11th, 2019 near her home in the Haydenburg Road area in Jackson County, Tennessee. Her family says she has ties to the Opelika, Alabama area.
Circumstance Notes
If you have any information, please contact the Jackson County Sheriff’s Office (Tennessee) at: 1-931-268-0180 or your local law enforcement. If you see Tracey Barnes, call 9-1-1 immediately!

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Her "find" page on FB:

Bring Tracey Barnes Home

The very first post had this info:

"Bring Tracey Barnes Home
September 10 at 11:47 AM ·
Tracey went missing early morning August 11.. She was last seen in her night gown and barefoot. At her house on Haydenburg ridge road in jackson county area. She has not contacted her friends or family. Please help us bring her home. She is someones SISTER, mother, nanna aunt and friend." BBM

They are also having a search for Tracey today:

"Bring Tracey Barnes Home
October 2 at 12:19 AM ·
Even if the search SUNDAY turns up nothing at least WE know that area don't hold her. And we can then focus on the Search of the next area................... I know I. KNOW everyone is like whoa Mary Beth pump your breaks. We have not survived this one. But all I am saying I got nothing better myself to do but BRING TRACEY BARNES HOME..... SESRCH FOR TRACEYC OCTOBER THE 6TH... 9AM @1749 HAYDENBURG ROAD WHITLEYVILLE TENNESSEE........ MESSAGE ME IF U NEED A RIDE...." BBM

I hope they are able to find Tracey.

Some short MSM articles from Aug 21 and Sept 5th:

Family says missing Tennessee woman has ties to east Alabama

Missing person alert: TBI assisting search for 53-year-old in Jackson County

Her family seems to be doing everything they can to get the word out but there is so little info. :(

It is sad, that they are trying so hard to get the word out about Tracey. Unfortunately, they live in a very rural area. I tried to map where the search had starting from, and google maps isn't even sure where the road is located. Then I checked bing maps. The roads were labelled differently than on google maps.

I went back to google maps to look for street view. That area of Tennessee did not have many street views available. The closest I could get was a State Route that had a turnoff to a road that would lead to the road the search was on. Here is a google street view of that road:

Google Maps
upload_2019-10-6_23-7-33.png

This photo just shows how rural the area is. I will be difficult to find Tracey, but I hope they are able to.

Last edited:
Do we know who she was last seen by?
That is a good question, @Knox. Somebody saw what she was wearing when she was outside. The NamUs into says she was last seen "near her home." IMO, that might mean she was outside her home when she was last seen, so she could have been seen by someone who was living at her home, or by a neighbor. Here is a satellite view of the location where the searchers met on Oct 6th, Sunday:

upload_2019-10-7_3-6-34.png
Google Maps

From the satellite view, the houses are fairly far apart, and there are lots of trees. The terrain view shows rolling hills. The houses that you can see have a cleared space around them. There could be other houses that aren't visible. Several things to note:
  • If you follow the google map link above, and switch to "map" view, the road by the marker will have a different name. I don't know why google maps did that--I went to bing maps and the road where google's red marker is, is called Haydenburg Road. There is no street view to check the road signs.
  • The address marked in the above google maps is the location of the Oct 6th search. It may, or may not, be Tracey's residence.
  • Just to cover everything, that even if this is not Tracey's home, NamUs did say that Tracey is missing from the "Haydenburg Road area." I have checked the google maps satellite view of the entire stretch of Haydenburg Road, included the road as it is marked on google maps, where google maps put the marker, and the part of Haydenburg Road (according to bing maps 3.3 miles) that is labelled with other road names on google maps. It is not a long road, and it is all very rural.
  • IMO, if a neighbor say Tracey outside, they would have had to be passing by Tracey's home. IMO, I don't think that person could have seen Tracey from their own house. But, Tracey could have been seen "by her home" by someone who was staying/living with Tracey.

That is a good question, @Knox. Somebody saw what she was wearing when she was outside. The NamUs into says she was last seen "near her home." IMO, that might mean she was outside her home when she was last seen, so she could have been seen by someone who was living at her home, or by a neighbor. Here is a satellite view of the location where the searchers met on Oct 6th, Sunday:

View attachment 208042
Google Maps

From the satellite view, the houses are fairly far apart, and there are lots of trees. The terrain view shows rolling hills. The houses that you can see have a cleared space around them. There could be other houses that aren't visible. Several things to note:
  • If you follow the google map link above, and switch to "map" view, the road by the marker will have a different name. I don't know why google maps did that--I went to bing maps and the road where google's red marker is, is called Haydenburg Road. There is no street view to check the road signs.
  • The address marked in the above google maps is the location of the Oct 6th search. It may, or may not, be Tracey's residence.
  • Just to cover everything, that even if this is not Tracey's home, NamUs did say that Tracey is missing from the "Haydenburg Road area." I have checked the google maps satellite view of the entire stretch of Haydenburg Road, included the road as it is marked on google maps, where google maps put the marker, and the part of Haydenburg Road (according to bing maps 3.3 miles) that is labelled with other road names on google maps. It is not a long road, and it is all very rural.
  • IMO, if a neighbor say Tracey outside, they would have had to be passing by Tracey's home. IMO, I don't think that person could have seen Tracey from their own house. But, Tracey could have been seen "by her home" by someone who was staying/living with Tracey.
Thank you, a large predictor of the direction a case heads is who last saw the MP. Curious about Tracey's health, I haven't seen any mention of that. Asking because the sighting is a little odd, outside her home in a nightgown at 12:45 AM. Why was she outside?

Thank you, a large predictor of the direction a case heads is who last saw the MP. Curious about Tracey's health, I haven't seen any mention of that. Asking because the sighting is a little odd, outside her home in a nightgown at 12:45 AM. Why was she outside?
I've lived in many rural areas, and being outside in a nightgown isn't that strange. IMO, Tracey being barefoot is more surprising--I always put shoes on if I left the porch/patio/deck area. But going outside, in the dark, barefoot, and in a nightgown is a strange combination.

I've lived in many rural areas, and being outside in a nightgown isn't that strange. IMO, Tracey being barefoot is more surprising--I always put shoes on if I left the porch/patio/deck area. But going outside, in the dark, barefoot, and in a nightgown is a strange combination.

I also can think of reasons she could have stepped outside at night in her nightgown-- maybe she smoked but never in her house? Maybe she let the dog out and was trying to get him to come back in? (Not sure if she had pets just an idea). Maybe she was taking out some stinky trash that she just had to get out of the house? But I agree that ultimately it would be strange to go far from her house at night in a nightgown and barefoot. My thoughts immediately go to either foul play or mental illness with that description. :( It could be helpful to know who saw her last and what she was doing/what her state of mind was at that time. Even if (hypothetically) she had an argument with someone I don't see her storming off into the night barefoot and in a nightgown.

MOO.

Why does this feel like a suicide?
Was she abducted?

I would be curious to know, at least in general, what her connections to the Auburn-Opelika Alabama area are.

I would be curious to know, at least in general, what her connections to the Auburn-Opelika Alabama area are.
I live in next county beside opelika lee county. I would like to know why they didn't search for her till Oct 6thwhen it says she went missing Aug 11th. Who seen her last at or around her resident and did cops not ask whoever last saw her what she was doing outside in her gown at that time of the night. I say it's a cover up cause the family says she has ties in opelika area so what she wouldn't left to come this way in her gown. It doesn't say that she was seen in her car but grapevine says that police have her car so why do they have it if she wasn't seen in it. Why did it take from August 11th to Oct 6th to search for her when she was reported missing.in August. Very important clues would have been gone by by then and who reported her missing? Why isn't any family members so distraught by her missing then and still today that I haven't read or saw anything with them pleadng for for her to return? Grapevine says her boyfriend did it that she was beaten in her head and other places but no one has said anything about the boyfriend at all. Grapevine says they have been to her home she lived in or missing from and that it reeks of blood and floors have red on them. Grapevine says there is many things that don't make sense and it is just their speculation on this case and is someone in opelika area that knows or knows of her. I know nothing about this lady or the case other than hearsay but I do pray someone that knows more than they are saying would come forward or if they no anything about what might of happened to this lady to come forward. I tbink this lady is not at peace whoever she may be. I'm stating I know nothing other than the opinion or hearsay of someone else in my post

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak
Back