GUILTY TN - Yair Carillo, 4 days old, abducted, mom stabbed, Antioch, 29 Sept 2009

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm curious as to what the doctor meant by the birth being complicated and if the baby is without any essential medicine/etc that he may need..

It was just a POI, hoppy. They no longer think that woman had anything to do with it. They released a new sketch of the suspect today. More info in the Crimes in the News thread.

Praying that baby Yair is found quickly.

Ok I was looking over this picture and I was like WoW that looks like somebody I used to work with. But she was definitly over 30 , I do not think it is likely this is the woman I worked with even though she was from tennesse.
But it did draw my attention to the crows feel drawn on the picture. Could that be fat wrinkles? or do you guys think it is definitly crows feet?

Oh I'm so happy the baby was found!!!
I'll be curious to find out what motivated the woman and why she targeted this family.

I'll admit, I was 1 who was having some doubts about the mothers story, I'm very very happy to know and will admit I was wrong :)

VB

Oh I'm so happy the baby was found!!!
I'll be curious to find out what motivated the woman and why she targeted this family.

I'll admit, I was 1 who was having some doubts about the mothers story, I'm very very happy to know and will admit I was wrong :)

VB

BBM. Same here! I can't imagine how happy mom must be right now.

WONDERFUL NEWS!

http://www.tennessean.com/article/2...65/1009/NEWS02/Kidnapped+baby+found+—+he+s+OK

October 2, 2009

Kidnapped Nashville baby found — he's OK

Police trace vehicle to Alabama town, arrest female suspect

By Kate Howard and Chris Echegaray
THE TENNESSEAN

A days-old infant kidnapped from his South Nashville home was rescued Friday night in the Tennessee-Alabama border town of Ardmore.

Eight-day-old Yair Anthony Carillo is in good condition, according to Metro police spokesman Don Aaron.

Tammy Renee Silas, 39, of Ardmore, was being questioned at the Morgan County, Ala., jail after she was taken into custody with the baby at about 10 p.m. Friday, authorities announced at a midnight news briefing.

Silas surrendered without incident and will be charged in the abduction, although exact charges had not been determined early this morning.

The break in the case came as a task force of Metro police detectives and special agents from the TBI and FBI developed information on a Kia Spectra seen Tuesday afternoon following the child and his mother from the parking lot of Walmart at Nolensville Road and Harding Place, Aaron said.

. . .

Silas has been arrested previously in Nashville for drug offenses, according to Metro Police spokeswoman Kristin Mumford. She has an outstanding warrant from California on a similar drug charge, Mumford said.

. . .

hyldo, thank you for this update. I can't think of a better way to start a Saturday! :woohoo:

I pray mom heals well physically and emotionally from all she's gone through. I'm thankful the little baby will never remember this.

Yea, baby Yair Anthony is safe...The woman's name was Tammy Silas from Ardmore, AL. I think she was 39. She probably can't get pregnant and was just wanting a baby. I am so happy for little Yair's safe recovery. I guess it should be a lesson to not just open your door to strangers, even if they say they are INS

For three days, a Tennessee mother endured a parent's worst nightmare after her newborn son was snatched by a knife-wielding kidnapper — until police Friday found the baby alive in northern Alabama and arrested a woman suspected of abducting him.

Nashville police said week-old Yair Anthony Carillo was found at a home in Ardmore near the Tennessee line.

Tennessee Bureau of Investigation Director Mark Gwyn identified the arrested woman as Tammy Renee Silas, 39, of Ardmore. He said charges are "pending," but she was not immediately charged. She was being questioned and will be held at the jail in Morgan County, Ala., police said.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33142206/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts

Rescued Nashville baby still not reunited with mom
Baby Yair Antonio Carrillo is in the care of the Tennessee Department of Children Services but there’s no definite answer on when the child will be reunited with his family.

The baby is with a foster care family, said DCS spokesman Rob Johnson.

“It’s a happy resolution to this case,” he said. “We’re working actively to reunite them but we don’t know when.”

More: http://www.tennessean.com/article/2...ed+Nashville+baby+still+not+reunited+with+mom

Suspect's boyfriend thought she adopted baby

Couple had been buying baby clothes, items for weeks

The boyfriend of the woman charged with stabbing a south Nashville woman and stealing her baby said he believed they were legally adopting a baby from Texas.

Martin Rodriguez Guerrero says he’s been with 39-year-old Tammy Silas for about two years, and he believes she’d wanted a baby all her life. He said he picked her up at the airport Tuesday morning with the infant, who they planned to call Martin Jr., and he had no idea anything was wrong until police arrived Friday night with guns drawn.

More: http://www.tennessean.com/article/2.../Suspect+s+boyfriend+thought+she+adopted+baby+

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke
Back