To watch the execution or not watch?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Death row inmate eats last meal, talks with spiritual advisor before execution

"...The Orlando man stabbed to death his ex-wife, Susan, their 5-year-old daughter Tuesday, and Susan's mother and sister in 1985.

The scene Correll left behind at the Conway-area home was among the most bloody and gory, police and prosecutors said at the time...

"Jerry Correll mercilessly and brutally killed four family members more than 30 years ago," State Attorney Jeff Ashton said in a statement. "The Hines family and our community may finally get the justice a jury and judge believed is deserved."..."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...ell-dead-executed-florida-20151029-story.html

I just want to say thank you to all of you for your kind words and support. This has been a long time coming and I'm so glad it's over. Please, in honor of my friend Tuesday, hug your kids a little tighter tonight.

K. Kelly

Hipmomx2, did you attend the execution?

What a long journey you've been on.

I did not attend. I've been in close contact with the family all day and I am so greatful that they received a small piece of justice. They are the most amazing and forgiving people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting and I'm proud to call them friend. My concern at this point is that this doesn't give them what they hope it will give them. I only hope that I can fine the right words to support them. Thank you so much for asking

K. Kelly

Thanks for answering. You've been a terrific friend, and I'm sure the family appreciates your support.

May peace be with you and them.

Hipmomx2, I am so sorry for your loss of innocence at the age of 6. How incredibly traumatizing at such a young age. It must have been so hard to process the senseless loss all this time. Whether you decide to go or not is a personal decision that only you can make. You are not the same person you were at 6 nor is the murderer.

The two men that killed my brother were sentenced to LWOP. The shooter was up for the death penalty and during the trial, he plead guilty to avoid the DP. He ended up dying in jail at the age of 50. When the trial was over, there was no closure. Learning of his death brought no closure. The senseless act remains and the pain endures.

From my experience, I would say that if you are looking for a sense of closure for your 6 yo self, it probably won't happen. I have found that dwelling on the negative was not a way to honor my brother, so I turned that energy into a positive. Perhaps on the day of his execution, doing something positive in your friend's honor, could take something away the horrific way she died. I think you might derive more satisfaction from it, than witnessing a man put to death, the image which will forever stay with you. Remember your friend as she was. Not the horrible man who killed her.

Hugs to you.

This right here is what drew me to you Zuri. During my brother's murderers trial, you told me basically the same thing. You're right, there is no closure, only a wishful hope that the pain will slowly lighten up. I just found out that the murderer got his sentenced over turned, so I have to go through all of that again. I'm giving everyone in this thread a virtual hug, because right now, words fail me.

Orlando man on death row executed for 1985 murders

"RaIFORD — Though it took 30 years for Jerry Correll to receive his death sentence, the process to kill him took 10 minutes.

Correll, one of Orange County's most notorious killers, was pronounced dead at 7:36 p.m. Thursday at Florida State Prison after receiving a lethal injection that included the controversial sedative midazolam...

When the curtain surrounding him rose, Correll looked to his right and mouthed the words, "Thank you," to a man wearing a cross in the front row. Asked whether he wanted to say any last words, Correll responded to the leader of the execution team, "No, sir."..."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...ell-dead-executed-florida-20151029-story.html

Jerry Correll, Orlando man who killed family, executed

"...The family of the victims issued this statement Thursday night:

"We, the family of Mary Lou Hines, Marybeth Jones, Susan Correll and Tuesday Correll, are at peace knowing justice has finally been served. We say this without vengeance in our hearts, but with the belief that there should be proper consequences for the actions of each and every individual. Jerry Correll chose to take the lives of four beautiful, innocent people on June 30th, 1985. People who are still loved and missed by their family and friends 30 years later. The consequences of those actions should be no less than death itself. It has taken a long time for punishment to be fulfilled but we have chose to use that time to heal and move forward.

"New families have formed. Grandchildren have been born that will, unfortunately, never know their Great Grandmother, Grandmother, Great Aunt and Cousin. Though this is a sad reality, we are blessed by God to catch glimpses of those lost while watching the new generation grow. The lives and memories created while Mary Lou, Marybeth, Susan and Tuesday were with us will never be lost. We carry them with us in our hearts forever.

"Our prayer is that all those affected by the actions of Jerry, including his family, can continue to heal and find peace."

"He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. He counts the number of the stars; He calls them all by name. Great is our Lord, and mighty in power; His understanding is infinite. The LORD lifts up the humble; He cats the wicked down to the ground." Psalms 147:3-6..."

http://www.baynews9.com/content/new...do_man_to_be_executed_for_killing_family.html
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Orlando man on death row executed for 1985 murders

"RaIFORD — Though it took 30 years for Jerry Correll to receive his death sentence, the process to kill him took 10 minutes.

Correll, one of Orange County's most notorious killers, was pronounced dead at 7:36 p.m. Thursday at Florida State Prison after receiving a lethal injection that included the controversial sedative midazolam...

When the curtain surrounding him rose, Correll looked to his right and mouthed the words, "Thank you," to a man wearing a cross in the front row. Asked whether he wanted to say any last words, Correll responded to the leader of the execution team, "No, sir."..."

Jerry Correll, Orlando man who killed family, executed

"...The family of the victims issued this statement Thursday night:

"We, the family of Mary Lou Hines, Marybeth Jones, Susan Correll and Tuesday Correll, are at peace knowing justice has finally been served. We say this without vengeance in our hearts, but with the belief that there should be proper consequences for the actions of each and every individual. Jerry Correll chose to take the lives of four beautiful, innocent people on June 30th, 1985. People who are still loved and missed by their family and friends 30 years later. The consequences of those actions should be no less than death itself. It has taken a long time for punishment to be fulfilled but we have chose to use that time to heal and move forward.

"New families have formed. Grandchildren have been born that will, unfortunately, never know their Great Grandmother, Grandmother, Great Aunt and Cousin. Though this is a sad reality, we are blessed by God to catch glimpses of those lost while watching the new generation grow. The lives and memories created while Mary Lou, Marybeth, Susan and Tuesday were with us will never be lost. We carry them with us in our hearts forever.

"Our prayer is that all those affected by the actions of Jerry, including his family, can continue to heal and find peace."

"He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. He counts the number of the stars; He calls them all by name. Great is our Lord, and mighty in power; His understanding is infinite. The LORD lifts up the humble; He cats the wicked down to the ground." Psalms 147:3-6..."

http://www.baynews9.com/content/new...do_man_to_be_executed_for_killing_family.html
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have come to realize that there is no closure but I do pray that this gives Marybeth's children some peace. They absolutely deserve that.

K. Kelly

This right here is what drew me to you Zuri. During my brother's murderers trial, you told me basically the same thing. You're right, there is no closure, only a wishful hope that the pain will slowly lighten up. I just found out that the murderer got his sentenced over turned, so I have to go through all of that again. I'm giving everyone in this thread a virtual hug, because right now, words fail me.

I am so sorry about your brother and for you having to go through that again. People don't realize that just because a trial is over doesn't mean that it's over. We had to re live this every time this monster pulled his shenanigans via apeal. I will definitely keep you in my prayers.

K. Kelly

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck
Back