Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes Are Divorcing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Narconon is operated by Scientology.

Glad to know that. Am I the only one who thought it was a Twelve-Step program related to Alcoholics Anonymous, Gamblers Anonymous, etc. ? I thought they also had a splinter group for drug addiction.

Glad to know that. Am I the only one who thought it was a Twelve-Step program related to Alcoholics Anonymous, Gamblers Anonymous, etc. ? I thought they also had a splinter group for drug addiction.

They do ..it is called Narcotics Anonymous. ..Not Narconon

Tom just needs to go solo and not worry about the gay talk. No one really buys his marriages anyway, and it must cost him a fortune to shut those women up. I don't feel sorry for either of them. Katie knew what she was signing on for and was obviously willing to do it. She got a huge settlement somewhere, you can be sure of that.

I don't see what Scientology has got to do with any of this. It's obvious to me that his sham marriages are because he's sadly in the closet. I don't think that Katie is a mindless victim, I think she knew what she was getting into and was paid a lot of money to be employed as a wife and mother. They probably considered it mutually beneficial - good for Tom's image, good for Katie's money, and good for both their media profiles.

We shouldn't judge about Scientology because we just don't know what we're talking about. I notice it being misrepresented and sensationalized in the media a lot. I think it's probably harmless. A lot of minor religions are accused of being "cults" out of nothing more than bigotry. On the other hand, the rumours could be justified, but we don't know, so "innocent until proven guilty" and all that.

I just feel sorry for Suri, I bet there will be a lot of egos involved in this split, and they'll both be trying to turn her against the other parent, with Tom being especially guilty. Usually kids live mostly with their mum, who has to do all the donkey work involved in raising children, while they see their dads once or twice a week, and all the dad does is spoil them and play with them to make the children like him more than their mother. That's usually the case, so I predict it'll happen with TomKat as well.

I don't see what Scientology has got to do with any of this. It's obvious to me that his sham marriages are because he's sadly in the closet. I don't think that Katie is a mindless victim, I think she knew what she was getting into and was paid a lot of money to be employed as a wife and mother. They probably considered it mutually beneficial - good for Tom's image, good for Katie's money, and good for both their media profiles.

We shouldn't judge about Scientology because we just don't know what we're talking about. I notice it being misrepresented and sensationalized in the media a lot. I think it's probably harmless. A lot of minor religions are accused of being "cults" out of nothing more than bigotry. On the other hand, the rumours could be justified, but we don't know, so "innocent until proven guilty" and all that.

I just feel sorry for Suri, I bet there will be a lot of egos involved in this split, and they'll both be trying to turn her against the other parent, with Tom being especially guilty. Usually kids live mostly with their mum, who has to do all the donkey work involved in raising children, while they see their dads once or twice a week, and all the dad does is spoil them and play with them to make the children like him more than their mother. That's usually the case, so I predict it'll happen with TomKat as well.

A lot of the criticism towards "cults" comes from people who were in them and left or had to escape. I don't call that bigotry but I do agree with most of your post.

Katie Holmes shafted in TomKat divorce - Suri Cruise to get $400,000 per year
August 24, 2012

snipped...Among the more curious details of the divorce settlement is the stipulation that Suri is not to attend any sort of “residential school” — which the Huffington Post notes may be a reference to Scientology’s Sea Org.

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/enterta...mes+shafted+TomKat+divorce/7141780/story.html

August 24, 2012

snipped...Among the more curious details of the divorce settlement is the stipulation that Suri is not to attend any sort of “residential school” — which the Huffington Post notes may be a reference to Scientology’s Sea Org.

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/enterta...mes+shafted+TomKat+divorce/7141780/story.html

Lots of people would be plenty happy with $400,000 per year in child support.
:floorlaugh:

Exactly. I think it just tells us how eager Katie was to get away from him. She could have fought harder and longer but she just wanted to get it over with, and keep some custody and some control of Suri.

She will do fine on her own and will get some work and won't miss his $, imo.

Weird situation all together, just weird.............

August 24, 2012

Wow $400,000 for Suri ( if only I made that in 1 year) but Daddy Tom has the big bucks to support her and should.
$0 for Kaite...
Did I read correctly, in their Pre Nup it stipulated Katie would get $0 or was that $0 agreed upon during this divorce?
Katie wanted to get the heck out of dodge..

Exactly. I think it just tells us how eager Katie was to get away from him. She could have fought harder and longer but she just wanted to get it over with, and keep some custody and some control of Suri.

I agree.

I know! But for the super rich, I guess it's not a lot.

I agree that she agreed to the deal so she could keep Suri away from scientology. After all, what's more important? Money or your kid?

Also, she can earn her own money so she doesn't need spousal support and it's not just 400k per year. On top of that, Cruise has to pay her health care costs, extracurricular and curricular costs, for her security, etc., etc. He'll probably end up paying over a million per year for Suri, not including what he spend on her when she's with him.

That's a lot.

BBM.

My gaydar does not go off when it comes to this guy. Not at all. I think he is strange, crazy, not like most people, an extreme narcissist, etc. And I think that causes some people to sense something odd and label it gay, when instead, he's a very brainwashed guy who could never love anything or anyone as much as himself and scientology.

As to the part of your statement that I bolded, please, speak for yourself. Even just a casual glimpse at this thread will show how far from the truth that is. The level of incredible, in depth research and first hand information on this thread shows that many of use indeed know precisely what we are talking about.

I agree too.

Off topic....Hi Katydid!:seeya: It's been a while. Been going through a hard time. I hope we can talk soon. :)

I found the Vanity Fair article interesting & Katie looks great in the new ads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member