Tony Lazzaro's testimony

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm not that big of a fan of Tony's. He seems like the type that would say you can stay, but the kid has to go. Anybody who stays in bed all day doesn't want kids. I didn't get to hear his testimony today, but will hopefully catch some tomorrow. Did she tell Tony the Nanny story or the pool- molestation story? Well we'll see what happens tomorrow.

All things considered, I thought Tony did very well.

I didn't see him as cocky or arrogant at all. He actually reminds me of my 19 year old and my 14 year old son. They are both really confident and have a playful almost teasing sense of humor. I guess someone could mistake their confidence for arrogance, especially if they didn't know them.

What an awful position to be in!

I agree. It's nice to see a young person with confidence and drive. I liked him on the stand and feel he did his part to help Caylee. I really do think he liked KC as well.

I'm not that big of a fan of Tony's. He seems like the type that would say you can stay, but the kid has to go. Anybody who stays in bed all day doesn't want kids. I didn't get to hear his testimony today, but will hopefully catch some tomorrow. Did she tell Tony the Nanny story or the pool- molestation story? Well we'll see what happens tomorrow.

Like him or not, it seems to me he made it clear to ICA that he had no interest in kids. I respect him for that. I also feel for him. It doesn't matter how level headed and self confident a person is, if you found yourself in his situation you would probably assign yourself a certain amount of blame for what has happened. IOW, "Would Caylee be alive if I had never met Casey?"

OO and i also thing JB made a big fool out of again today.. and is gonna come off to the jury as a total jerk.. MOO

Must say I agree... all that going off about guns, and boxcutters and everything else, he looked stupid. He also appeared to very angry with Tony.

I am looking forward to hearing more from him. Especially what took place the morning of June 14 thru the weekend. I would also like to know who was taking care of Caylee on the night of the 13th .
I would also like to know if Casey was interested in taking that trip to NY with him.

I want to see him describe when CA and AH showed up at his apartment... what that was like, and when he spoke to Casey the morning of the day she was arrested ( or did they just text then. )

I want to see him describe when CA and AH showed up at his apartment... what that was like, and when he spoke to Casey the morning of the day she was arrested ( or did they just text then. )

that should be pretty soon! maybe tomorrow!

Why would anyone still in schoolwant to get tied up with a child?
I don't blame him.

Like him or not, it seems to me he made it clear to ICA that he had no interest in kids. I respect him for that. I also feel for him. It doesn't matter how level headed and self confident a person is, if you found yourself in his situation you would probably assign yourself a certain amount of blame for what has happened. IOW, "Would Caylee be alive if I had never met Casey?"

Absolutely!! There's nothing wrong with admitting you aren't interested in kids.

After knowing Casey for about 6-7 weeks, he found out not only was he sleeping/hanging out with a woman who was going to murder her little girl, he slept/hung out with a woman who DID murder her little girl - for a month after she murdered her little girl. And he had no idea because Casey was the same as before Caylee was murdered!

That's gotta make anybody question their ability to judge someone's character.

From what I've seen so far, I am NOT impressed with Tony Lazzaro. His "nope" answers and his attitude has totally turned me off. He acts like he doesn't respect the attorneys during questioning.

Too much 'tude for me!

I respectfully disagree...

I see it as a kid in college just livin his life, met this girl he was really in to, then all the sudden his world was turned upside down. He never tried to profit off this mess, and has suffered through having his life ripped apart for the last three years (nearly) I think I would be the exact same way he is...and I am old enough to be his mother.

In my opinion, he was very truthful, maybe not 100% perfect on all his responses as far as his grammar, but I am impressed by him thus far.

I am very concerned about the States case. They seem to be plodding along very slow and are very boring. They need to pick it up and make it more interesting. They are also making a big mistake by ignoring Baez' contention that Caylee was already dead. They need to somehow address this throughout the trial. Ignoring the defense's position and pretending it doesn't exist is a mistake. There may be 1 or 2 jurors or more that believe his contention. And if Caylee was dead and they admitte there was no zanny then all that they are trying to prove is moot. They need to adjust their case.

I do not think their points are all moot, even though the child was already dead.
The Blockbuster video works against them, even if the DT story is true. She went out on a date that night, just hours after her baby died in a tragic 'accident.' Even a sex abuse 'victim' would be grieving a lost child. They cannot just write that behavior off so easily, imo.

And she was dancing and entering Hot Bod contests right after her child died.
No grieving, no sadness. That is an important thing to show the jury too, imo.
As shocking as the DT was in the OS, it did not explain anything powerfully enough to convince them she should not have any feelings for her child.
I bet there are jurors who were victims of some kind of abuse themselves, and they might actually resent the implications that they would be cold hearted and callous like Casey is. imoo

Nor did they explain why she did not tell anyone what had happened. She was inviting people to Caylee birthday party? I thought that was intereswting information to bring forth.

And the state also discussed how she was going back to her house and breaking into the shed to steal gas. Does that sound like someone desperately afraid of her father?

ETA: also, his description of them staying in bed all day on the 17th. Is that supposed to be more 'ugly coping'?
I am a SA survivor, and if my child died accidentally, I would NEVER spend the next day having sex all night and day. I think the jury will feel the same way,

I thought Tony Lazarro came off as being very credible, and THAT is so important in a witness. And yes, I was a witness in a trial - on the stand for several hours what with direct and cross. Extremely nerve wracking, and I'm usually the calm type.

What crossed my mind at the end of today's parade of well-spoken, well-dressed, educated and articulate young folks was the contrast between them and the two Anthony children.

We know what Casey is and forgive me, but in his last court appearance Lee Anthony looked like he just crawled out from working underneath a car. Plus, although he would certainly like to think he is, Lee is just not "well spoken". Lots and lots of double negatives and other glaring grammatical errors, along with many instances of using the wrong word, etc. etc.

Cindy Anthony at least, and perhaps George also IIRC, accused SEVERAL of these young men to LE of being drug dealers, involved in crime at Fusian, etc. How absolutely awful it was of them to do that! And all for the purpose of protecting their own high-school drop out, uneducated, freeloading murdess daughter.

I am hoping tomorrow to be hearing someone other than Mr. George examine witnesses. Today, I could hear LDB whispering prompts to him, such as "Heresay!" when he didn't know how to properly frame his objection.

Baez, of course, is hopeless. But we all already knew that, so it comes as no surprise.

Yeah, but Tony's a young guy in college, why would he want kids? I lay that more at ICAs feet. Why would you date a guy who is not interested in kids, when you have one? I respect the fact that he's never talked to reporters/sold his story. Seems like he has character for that reason alone.

I thought Tony Lazarro came off as being very credible, and THAT is so important in a witness. And yes, I was a witness in a trial - on the stand for several hours what with direct and cross. Extremely nerve wracking, and I'm usually the calm type.

What crossed my mind at the end of today's parade of well-spoken, well-dressed, educated and articulate young folks was the contrast between them and the two Anthony children.

We know what Casey is and forgive me, but in his last court appearance Lee Anthony looked like he just crawled out from working underneath a car. Plus, although he would certainly like to think he is, Lee is just not "well spoken". Lots and lots of double negatives and other glaring grammatical errors, along with many instances of using the wrong word, etc. etc.

Cindy Anthony at least, and perhaps George also IIRC, accused SEVERAL of these young men to LE of being drug dealers, involved in crime at Fusian, etc. How absolutely awful it was of them to do that! And all for the purpose of protecting their own high-school drop out, uneducated, freeloading murdess daughter.

I am hoping tomorrow to be hearing someone other than Mr. George examine witnesses. Today, I could hear LDB whispering prompts to him, such as "Heresay!" when he didn't know how to properly frame his objection.

Baez, of course, is hopeless. But we all already knew that, so it comes as no surprise.

BBM

And they all had jobs or were in school. Incredible!!! Young people trying to better themselves and have a worthwhile life.

MOO - regarding Tony. If memory serves....he was very, very upset with KC the moment he learned that something had happened to Caylee. He has been the most helpful, IMO, of ALL the players to the SA and LE. He cooperated fully immediately, wore a wire, had his phone tapped - whatever LE asked of him...he did it. Not one time did he speak to the media or give an interview or sell one stinkin' picture....He could have have good bucks in his account right now if he had. But...he is the one person, in this trial so far, that has been on Caylee's side.

I can overlook lots of things about his persona - just because of that.....Again, IMHO

Exactly!

Not sure I would pick him for my daughter to date, but 22 year old men are not dating material for the most part looking back. I think all of us that have gone through that age female or male, can relate to the fact while in college, it is not the best time to get involved, especially if the other one comes to the party with a child.

He should abosulutely NOT feel guilty for what ICA did in regards to Caylee... please... I have read some posts that insinuate he should have a different attitude on the stand because if not for him Caylee might not have had an early demise.. AL has no fault here..that lies with ICA.. and her twisted way of looking at things.

If I were on the jury JB would need to prove it to me. The abuse is instrumental to his defense. If the abuse didn't happen, then what?

I can't speak for the jury members, only myself. I want to see proof that this girl was abused and that is why she acted in the insane and completely illogical manner when she knew her child was dead... and her tiny body was disposed of like so much trash... and her flesh was rotting and being consumed by maggots and tiny animals in a swamp. While "mommy" was dancing in a hot body contest... and banging her boyfriend... and "mothering" the shot girls.

That's what I want to know. JB should be glad I'm not on that jury.

JB really doesn't HAVE TO prove the abuse, but if this story is going to help Casey, he has to most certainly make someone believe it. I just don't see how he is going to do that. I'm like you Roze, Jose is lucky that I am not on that jury, because there is nothing he can do to make me believe such a lie, that is, without some kind of evidence that it is true. I think Jose thinks the jury is a bunch of niave (sp?) people who will believe anything he says. My bet is that they won't believe this tale without some proof.

This may have been mentioned, haven't read all the posts yet.
But, I remember when Clint was on Greta and said TonE was mad at him for talking to the media.

IMO

Why would anyone still in schoolwant to get tied up with a child?
I don't blame him.

He doesn't have to but he sure didn't mind sleeping with someone with a kid. If he didn't want someone with a kid then he should have said sorry, you've got a kid and I don't want to be tired up right now.

I respectfully disagree...

I see it as a kid in college just livin his life, met this girl he was really in to, then all the sudden his world was turned upside down. He never tried to profit off this mess, and has suffered through having his life ripped apart for the last three years (nearly) I think I would be the exact same way he is...and I am old enough to be his mother.

In my opinion, he was very truthful, maybe not 100% perfect on all his responses as far as his grammar, but I am impressed by him thus far.

nitasch I agree that Tony was a credible witness and truthful. I just didn't care for his arrogance and flippant answers.

I agree, don't attorney's call this 'laying the groundwork', foundation or something like that? Even if some of the jurors have heard a little about this, they haven't seen, heard or read as much some of us have. The prosecution has to make sure these folks hear everything.

Which, BTW, anybody else notice Baez got cut off and didn't get the chance to ask Tony about, one: Casey told him about the so-called abuse and two: He wasn't allowed to bring up the incident of when he said he woke up and found Casey crying, watching a video of Caylee? :waitasec:

She never told Tony about sexual abuse by her father. I think she told him he was physically scary, yelling and hitting. But the way JB asked about it made it SEEM like it was about sexual abuse accusatiojns. Score 1 for the DT. I hope the state clears that up tomorrow.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back