Travis Alexander's Journals and text messages

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The killer plays pious Mormon. April 25.

10:29 p.m. J to T: Thank you for being a seemingly infinite source of knowledge about the gospel. Thank you for letting me ask you all my dumb questions and for answering them (for the most part) with patience and without judgement, and above all thank you for keeping helping me prepare for the gospel. May you be blessed forever because of it.

10:31. T : Nerd!

10:34. J: ohmi gosh. I wasn't expecting that. I just thought you would reply with something dry and unoriginal, like your welcome or de nada. I always take it as a compliment when you call me a nerd.

10:36 p.m. T: You're welcome

10:37 p.m. J: of course

10:38 Travis goes back to talking with another girlfriend.

Out of sequence, oh well.

April 11. A few days after she's back in Yreka.

2:07AM. T: I know you're busy but there are things I need to know that concern me. Did you hear from the attorneys, have a job, mail my stuff back, etc?

3:17 a.m. J: I don't understand. I haven't heard from you in days. I've made several attempts to get hold of you. When I called you a few nights ago you are on the other line but you didn't pick up or call me back even when I left you voicemails and a text. You called me just over 40 minutes ago but were gone before I could reach the phone and you didn't leave me a voicemail. I tried calling you back on both lines but you didn't answer either. What is going on? I'm sure there's a valid explanation but I don't understand.

Next text between them is the 6ish PM text on same day when she asks T to send her a "naughty" pic.

The killer plays pious Mormon. April 25.

10:29 p.m. J to T: Thank you for being a seemingly infinite source of knowledge about the gospel. Thank you for letting me ask you all my dumb questions and for answering them (for the most part) with patience and without judgement, and above all thank you for keeping helping me prepare for the gospel. May you be blessed forever because of it.

10:31. T : Nerd!

10:34. J: ohmi gosh. I wasn't expecting that. I just thought you would reply with something dry and unoriginal, like your welcome or de nada. I always take it as a compliment when you call me a nerd.

10:36 p.m. T: You're welcome

10:37 p.m. J: of course

10:38 Travis goes back to talking with another girlfriend.

LOL, I guess she wanted to geek out with Travis pretending to be a pious Mormon but Travis knows better she is a no good Mormon and calls her a nerd which she took as a compliment. Geez..

April 8.

10:43. J to T- guess what I just found?
10:43. T: what?

11:40. T: Hooray!!!!!

(? The ring?)

He called himself a sociopath several times too. Doesn't mean he really thought he was, and though he called her that I don't think he understood she really was one.

She chose him, not the other way around, and IMO she chose him as a predator chooses prey. She knew by the end of the first night they met that he was good prey because she sized up his vulnerabilities and thought she could exploit them to get what she wanted.

Which she did, repeatedly. Had Travis been more emotionally healthy he would still be alive because she would never have chosen him in the first place. She clawed on to him like a vulture, and each time he struggled to get away she shredded more from him.

She used sex as a weapon to degrade him, to make him doubt and dislike himself, all in her effort to control him. He used sex to feel less empty and as reassurance he was worthy of being loved.

It says everything I need to know that the only unhealthy relationship - friendship or otherwise- he had was with the psychopathic who murdered him.

I believe this was a standard domestic violence case with Travis as the victim. JA does everything to undermine him, manipulate his feelings, isolate him from friends and loved ones, as well as to taunt him. Then she provokes him in to apologies for trying to get her to back off. Standard to make the victim respond as though s/he is at fault. This is not his fault. He did not choose to have Jodi do this behavior. A domestic violence victim does not foster the behavior; it's not something they can control or are responsible for. He didn't need to be emotionally healthy to avoid being victimized. This is like a predator choosing its prey: Travis had no control over being a victim.

The more things that come out the more I think that I see this thing going on in young relationships ..and some older folks too .

It was the focus of the trial ..yet I try to move past this theme ... the focus .. just on the murder!!!! as we move through every day ...we see dysfunctional relationships.

Thanks. What I was meaning was that, according to his text messages, there were other women who'd mess around with him, who'd probably have sex with him. I'm not sure why he had to keep responding to Jodi. It's apparent from his text messages that he could have gotten sexual things, and might have gotten them, from other women.

If she slashed his tires, etc, I don't see why he'd keep up any of it. He told the Hughes that he was using Jodi, but it was apparent that on the OKC trip, while he was telling people that he didn't want her and wasn't with her, he'd text and look for her. It was bizarre.

BBM ~ I totally agree! It is odd that he words were not his actions. Maybe he was treating JA like a friend, since she was sharing a room with CL? Is this the same trip where "the blonde thing" is sitting on his lap?

[video=youtube;LaEzgX5t5TA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaEzgX5t5TA[/video]

April 18.

They text back and forth about Travis sending her PD and a book and a note.. Goes on between 5 to 5:40 p.m

At 6 21 p.m. Travis texts Mimi that he had planned poorly , was late to go to Temple, for her to please call him when she's done, that he was going to go run errands.

7:42 p.m. the killer writes: you hurt my feelings.

7:50 p.m. Travis writes a pretty long text in reply. (Most of it can be found in this thread posted a long while ago).

Here's a part:

Jodi. I stayed on the phone with you for a long time. when I told you that I had to get off and to get to the end of the story because I heard the rest of it last night, you decided to insult me as a speaker. Getting abruptly getting off the phone was my way of not tearing into you. I want you to think about the few phrases you said to me and how rude they were. I'm just glad I cut you off before you could insult me further. Don't bother wasting any more time on this subject. I'm busy and I hope you are too.

The more things that come out the more I think that I see this thing going on in young relationships ..and some older folks too .

It was the focus of the trial ..yet I try to move past this theme ... the focus .. just on the murder!!!! as we move through every day ...we see dysfunctional relationships.

I'm still very much stuck on this theme. The murder itself in this case or any other isn't what gets me sleuthing or stuck in rabbit holes. She killed Travis, she'll die in prison,, she won't win any appeals. That part is long over.

I'm reading the texts and will keep reading the texts to look for clues about when she began premeditating the murder, what happened on May 26, and why (if he did) did he allow her into his house on June 4.

After I read that it was a "worth it" to re join BK's site, I joined and I am glad I did. I have spent all yesterday and today pouring over the texts and g chat and I have a much clearer impression of Travis' life. Thank you so much for the recommendation.

I could not get over how many texts there were. I am looking forward to the May-June texts when they are posted. I am hoping they will fill in some of the blanks.

Will finish up posting the rest of new April texts tomorrow....

April 18.

They text back and forth about Travis sending her PD and a book and a note.. Goes on between 5 to 5:40 p.m

At 6 21 p.m. Travis texts Mimi that he had planned poorly , was late to go to Temple, for her to please call him when she's done, that he was going to go run errands.

7:42 p.m. the killer writes: you hurt my feelings.

7:50 p.m. Travis writes a pretty long text in reply. (Most of it can be found in this thread posted a long while ago).

Here's a part:

Jodi. I stayed on the phone with you for a long time. when I told you that I had to get off and to get to the end of the story because I heard the rest of it last night, you decided to insult me as a speaker. Getting abruptly getting off the phone was my way of not tearing into you. I want you to think about the few phrases you said to me and how rude they were. I'm just glad I cut you off before you could insult me further. Don't bother wasting any more time on this subject. I'm busy and I hope you are too.

Yes, at this point, he's onto her and not putting up with her crap. She's only in Yreka, and it seems like all the texts to her is him mad at her.

Thanks so much, Hope! I really appreciate your posting these texts and giving us all an inside view. Like Zuri, looking very forward to the May/June texts, they should be quite compelling.

Yes, at this point, he's onto her and not putting up with her crap. She's only in Yreka, and it seems like all the texts to her is him mad at her.

I wish that had been true. But...not. He seems to vacillate throughout April...I trust her, I trust her not, I trust her....

I'm still very much stuck on this theme. The murder itself in this case or any other isn't what gets me sleuthing or stuck in rabbit holes. She killed Travis, she'll die in prison,, she won't win any appeals. That part is long over.

I'm reading the texts and will keep reading the texts to look for clues about when she began premeditating the murder, what happened on May 26, and why (if he did) did he allow her into his house on June 4.

BBM ~ I believe he let her in, but only for a booty call, and photoshoot the next day.

I think she started premeditating once she knew he was moving on with his life without her. She was in stinky Yreka, not doing well for herself or PPL ... no physical connection to Travis and he was her life in AZ. She was beyond obsessed. The tire slashing? Alot of Travis' friends&family believed it was JA who did this, and I think in the end he came to the realization it was her who had a spy on him and telling her his every move.

I wish that had been true. But...not. He seems to vacillate throughout April...I trust her, I trust her not, I trust her....

I believe he sent that long, "sociopath" text when he found out she had some mystery "Michelle" at the ward stalking him? and Travis found out how much snooping around and interfering she really is. But, somehow, within the next day or two, he is being nice to her again like nothing happened.

Thanks so much, Hope! I really appreciate your posting these texts and giving us all an inside view. Like Zuri, looking very forward to the May/June texts, they should be quite compelling.

There's a new note on BK saying the remainder of the texts will be available in the " next weeks."

Hope so. I really need to hop back out of this rabbit hole. I have a feeling , though, that the May texts will be not so very different from these of April. What I am most curious to see is if they were in touch after the May 26 blow up.....

If they were, would that change your mind about what happened on June 4?

Thanks for posting text fragments. It seems fairly clear that the premeditation and setup began way sooner than we thought: February?

I believe he sent that long, "sociopath" text when he found out she had some mystery "Michelle" at the ward stalking him? and Travis found out how much snooping around and interfering she really is. But, somehow, within the next day or two, he is being nice to her again like nothing happened.

Presumably Jodi is "Michelle".

BBM ~ I totally agree! It is odd that he words were not his actions. Maybe he was treating JA like a friend, since she was sharing a room with CL? Is this the same trip where "the blonde thing" is sitting on his lap?

[video=youtube;LaEzgX5t5TA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaEzgX5t5TA[/video]

I believe this interview shows the video to have been taken in March 2007, iirc that was before the falling out with SK though not before at least some of the friends thought she was bad news(due to having seen her Myspace before she took off the witchcraft type books and symbolisms).

http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1304/23/ng.01.html
"MARTINEZ: Now, did you also have occasion to be with them or continue knowing the two of them after March of 2007?

MEFFORD: Yes.

MARTINEZ: And did you specifically have occasion to be with the both of them in June of 2007?"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back