Travis Alexander's Journals and text messages

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
[Shadowboy;12250424] Not in a "wow, she's a tech wiz" kind of way ... in an obsessive kind of way.

Respectfully snipped for focus.

Exactly Shadowboy, I have always believed that the murderer had manipulated and framed/set up much more of her alibi and crime on a digital media level than was discovered or than anyone gave her credit for. There is so much more to this aspect than is known and I hope that Juan explores or reveals anything he was aware of or suspected about this.

I am absolutely convinced that 28 was hyper focused on phones, cameras and computers for a reason, particularly in light of the fact that so many of her electronics met wildly unimaginable ends or fates...

PS about the her phones. She had 2 Helios, at least, the one that wasn't stolen or missing and the 2nd Helio which she conned into by saying the 1st was stolen.

I think she also had at least one more phone- the Motorola RAZR that she didn't drop into a cup of cocoa in the UHaul.

Unless Gus paid all her phone bills, I'm guessing JM knows all about the multiple phones. Maybe he'll write about this too in his book. :)

BBM--I agree Hope, I have always believed that there was so much more to the digital media aspect of the murderer's crime, alibi and coverup.

UT likely means Utah? If this "Marie M" (JA) was registered with the LDS dating site using an IP address in England, then JA's ability to spoof/snoop was extraordinary. Not in a "wow, she's a tech wiz" kind of way ... in an obsessive kind of way.

And while we're on her 'tech prowess" ... IMO, GS is somehow integral to JA getting her hands on the necessary programs/know-how. His involvement with JA and PPL has always struck me as odd, meaning IMO he had an ulterior reason to use JA as a conduit for bringing TA down a notch in the PPL universe.

Does the Hughes book explore what was happening with PPL politics at the time of TA's death? Wasn't TA in danger of losing his Executive Whatever title with PPL?

IIRC, there was a fair amount of turmoil in PPL in 2008. And JA inserted herself in the middle of this by passing on to TA emails from certain folks involved in this power play. Any thoughts how GS might have benefited from TA's 'fall from grace?"

I posted in main thread a week or so ago about GS and PPL politics and the killer inserting herself and TA possibly in danger of losing his job, all this in late April - early May 2008, iirc.

As for GS and killer. I've rewatched the portions of trial relating to when she left Mesa for Yreka. Difficult to overstate how intent she has always been on not giving a straight answer as to when, and on pushing the date as close to the middle of April as she can.

Why would that be? I think the answer is G-U-S. That she wanted to conceal the amount of time she spent with him on her way back to Yreka.

Sure do agree with you that Maria is JA. It was on May 13 2008 that TA wrote in his journal about finding "women" online, something he didn't usually do, and that one was so great she was almost too good to true. Right.

He never mentions her again in the journal.

When I read those texts, though, I have the distinct feeling that Travis knew pretty early on (as he said) that Maria wasn't who she said she was- and that he knew it was the killer.

He uses the exact same language to "Maria" that he does with the killer on May 26, about coming clean, that it would be good for her. The WHOLE truth. I really think he knew, which is why he busted her those few minutes later on the 22.

Referring back to May 26, he says to the killer, why did you still try to cover it up even after I told you I knew?

(Her still babbling on about being a good tour guide in England, etc).

He was really trying to get her to stop lying. She just wouldn't.

"Tour guide in England" = "Tour guide in Yreka", Oregon coast, Crater Lake, Shasta, Shakespeare Festival.

I posted in main thread a week or so ago about GS and PPL politics and the killer inserting herself and TA possibly in danger of losing his job, all this in late April - early May 2008, iirc.

As for GS and killer. I've rewatched the portions of trial relating to when she left Mesa for Yreka. Difficult to overstate how intent she has always been on not giving a straight answer as to when, and on pushing the date as close to the middle of April as she can.

Why would that be? I think the answer is G-U-S. That she wanted to conceal the amount of time she spent with him on her way back to Yreka.

The UHaul company would have known how many days she rented the truck for.

Isn't one of JA's minions from England? He coulda just set up the LDS linkup account for Jodi? EZ PZ.

BBM--That is so very, very interesting Hope, nice catch on this--the possibilities of what this could mean...hmmmmm.

The UHaul company would have known how many days she rented the truck for.

Quite true, and how many miles she put on the truck, heh they may even have a hidden gps on it. That was another little mystery I couldn't quite grasp, why she tried so hard to obfuscate the date she left Mesa, I think Hope nailed it though, it must involve her time spent with Gus, but why hide it? What exactly were those two up to leading up to her killing Travis?

What you're saying is that Gus and Jodi engineered the rumor that Travis might lose his executive position? And inserted the rumor somewhere in a text or email that "mistakenly" got to Travis?

Quite true, and how many miles she put on the truck, heh they may even have a hidden gps on it. That was another little mystery I couldn't quite grasp, why she tried so hard to obfuscate the date she left Mesa, I think Hope nailed it though, it must involve her time spent with Gus, but why hide it? What exactly were those two up to leading up to her killing Travis?

How much did her mother pay for the truck rental? We might be able to do a little algebra and come up with how many days she was at Gus's, since we can more or less calculate distance. We might be able to call UHaul and find the cost per mile in 2008 and per day.

Also, there had to be a reason a) she wanted a truck instead of using her car and b) getting rid of her mother by kicking her or whatever so she wouldn't come along. She could've rented a van. She could've used the money to fix her car, pay for insurance and registration. This whole truck thing makes no sense.

Yes. I recall that, but I need to re-read it. Thanks!

To Hope: As a BK subscriber, did you see 'red flags' re: GS and TA during this time? I am not a BK subscriber, so I'm picking your brain. Sorry.

As to when she left Mesa ... that, too, was a subject of discussion here on WS. Telling, it is, that after two trials and testimony ad nauseum ... we're still not sure.

How much did her mother pay for the truck rental? We might be able to do a little algebra and come up with how many days she was at Gus's, since we can more or less calculate distance. We might be able to call UHaul and find the cost per mile in 2008 and per day.

Also, there had to be a reason a) she wanted a truck instead of using her car and b) getting rid of her mother by kicking her or whatever so she wouldn't come along. She could've rented a van. She could've used the money to fix her car, pay for insurance and registration. This whole truck thing makes no sense.

I agree the UHaul makes no sense, she didn't even have any furniture, just books and cr*p that ended up in her parent's shed, apparently. The only figure I've heard was her Dad saying they spent 2500.00 to rent the truck as well as bring her back up there, no idea what the truck cost or where all of the money went, heck, she probably stashed some of it for the murder trip and picked up other people's thrown away receipts to give to her Dad. I do think that's where the CVS receipt came from, never saw what was purchased and nothing was ever mentioned about her stopping at one while in Pasadena. The McDonald's one might have been too, no reason to stop in Lodi as she'd just napped for hours at her brothers, she didn't need to sleep more in a parking lot (as she testified).

Just finished reading all the May texts. :)

There's a lot of info I'd like to post but want to do it right, which means not til tomorrow, condensed in one post.

One thing for now. Travis was genuinely happy after he finally spoke with Lisa. Turned a corner.

More tomorrow. :)

Just finished reading all the May texts. :)

There's a lot of info I'd like to post but want to to it right, which means not til tomorrow, condensed in one post.

One thing for now. Travis was genuinely happy after he finally spoke with Lisa. Turned a corner.

More tomorrow. :)

Will be waiting with wormy breath! ;)

Yes. I recall that, but I need to re-read it. Thanks!

To Hope: As a BK subscriber, did you see 'red flags' re: GS and TA during this time? I am not a BK subscriber, so I'm picking your brain. Sorry.

As to when she left Mesa ... that, too, was a subject of discussion here on WS. Telling, it is, that after two trials and testimony ad nauseum ... we're still not sure.

Yes, when she left still isn't known, at least not by The Trial Watchers. I had thought the 8th and posted that in the beginning of this thread before BK posted the April texts. Definitely before then.

Really, why would she be so intent upon a later date? Makes no sense except she's hiding something about the route back.

As to red flags. Nope. I don't remember seeing any texts directly between GS and Travis. They attended some of the same regional conventions but were in different state-level PPL orgs. I'm still not very familiar with PPL structure, but I'm pretty sure Larry Smith was at least one or two levels higher in PPL than GS, and thus someone Gus could well have wanted to ingratiate himself with.

What you're saying is that Gus and Jodi engineered the rumor that Travis might lose his executive position? And inserted the rumor somewhere in a text or email that "mistakenly" got to Travis?

No. Wasn't like that.

As I read it: Travis at one point thought he might have a shot at being promoted to the regional manager position. For whatever reason(s) he wasn't, and Larry Smith was named RM in late April (iirc- then or in May).

Not sure why, but TA was convinced Smith didn't like him. The feeling was mutual if so. TA texted many blunt criticisms of Smith to Chris Hughes and other PPL friends, and I think it was to CH he expressed his fear he might lose his position. CH didn't disagree.

What the killer did was to tell TA to pass along to Larry Smith messages from Gus. WTH, right? There's more on my earlier post, but IMO there's no doubt that the killer and Gus were messing with TA.

BBM Notes taken while registered with BK's site last year: Her journal Vol 5: She had finally left Mesa on the 3rd(according to her journal she was planning on leaving late) but didn't note being at her sister's until the 6th where someone(Darryl?) helped load up the rest of her stuff. Says she had spent last week at TA's and tomorrow is going to Redding then Yreka. She claims she had "slept" in the truck for two nights(iirc GS had said when he met up with her to give her the new phone it was briefly, as in only ten minutes or something like that).

She had also made some mention about it being an interesting date in the church, not sure if she meant the date(April 6th was a Sunday) itself or a date she had.

For those wondering about the ring, I had mentioned before that she had noted in her journal Vol 2, P.63, dated Nov.24/07 talking about having had Thanksgiving with some family from the church "then I went home and grabbed my computer and went to Travis' house. I got my ring and then stayed and watched the Secret." ... "I fell asleep there."

I still think she was talking about what she considered "her" engagement ring.
This was during the same time that TA's grandma was ill and I believe TA may have still been in CA. I seem to recall he wasn't home during the watching of that movie but that allegedly one of the roommates and their gf had come in and watched it with her.

I also came across my note about her cat.. P.65, dated Nov.25/07, it had died on her parent's porch but she buried it on Matt's grandpa's property in Hornbrook. I wonder if that's all that she has buried there....

BBM Her journal Vol 5: She had finally left Mesa on the 3rd(according to her journal she was planning on leaving late) but didn't note being at her sister's until the 6th where someone(Darryl?) helped load up the rest of her stuff. Says she had spent last week at TA's and tomorrow is going to Redding then Yreka. She claims she had "slept" in the truck for two nights(iirc GS had said when he met up with her to give her the new phone it was briefly, as in only ten minutes or something like that).

She had also made some mention about it being an interesting date in the church, not sure if she meant the date(April 6th was a Sunday) itself or a date she had.

For those wondering about the ring, I had mentioned before that she had noted in her journal Vol 2, P.63, dated Nov.24/07 talking about having had Thanksgiving with some family from the church "then I went home and grabbed my computer and went to Travis' house. I got my ring and then stayed and watched the Secret." ... "I fell asleep there."

This was during the same time that TA's grandma was ill and I believe TA may have still been in CA. I seem to recall he wasn't home during the watching of that movie but that allegedly one of the roommates and their gf had come in and watched it with her.

I also came across my note about her cat.. P.65, dated Nov.25/07, it had died on her parent's porch but she buried it on Matt's grandpa's property in Hornbrook. I wonder if that's all that she has buried there....

Responding to content below, but 1st. I'm sorry, I don't want to play the annoying hallway monitor here, but as Pocket and I learned today, anytime any of us post specific info from BK's site we need to footnote that's where we found the info and provide a link to BK's site. :)

BBM Her journal Vol 5: She had finally left Mesa on the 3rd(according to her journal she was planning on leaving late) but didn't note being at her sister's until the 6th where someone(Darryl?) helped load up the rest of her stuff. Says she had spent last week at TA's and tomorrow is going to Redding then Yreka. She claims she had "slept" in the truck for two nights(iirc GS had said when he met up with her to give her the new phone it was briefly, as in only ten minutes or something like that).

I think Travis gave her a PPL ring. There's a pic of her wearing it on her MySpace page.

The engagement ring didn't "go missing" until mid-March 2008. If I understood what I skimmed just a bit ago it sounds possible that the ring wasn't the one he had bought for Linda Ballard, but a new one he had in fact bought to give to Lisa.

I just reread Shanna Hogan's book -- she doesn't say exactly what date Jodi left Mesa either, as near as I can tell. There's just something about planning to leave and then remaining another two days, no reason given.

As to her renting a truck, I always assumed (shouldn't do that!) that the art materials she stored a Travis's included canvases too large to take in her car. So why not a van, which as people point out would be cheaper? Would a van not be up to towing a car for a long distance over interstates? I don't know anything about that at all.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back