CANADA Trevor Chaput, 33, not been seen or heard from in several weeks, police treating his disappearance as suspicious, Sarnia (ON), 6 July 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
'We miss him and we need him': Man’s suspicious disappearance worries family

“I love you and I miss you,” uttered Sarah Kingyens to a photo of Trevor Chaput on her phone.
The family of the 33-year old are worried after his disappearance last month.

“Come home safely. That’s what I would say to him. We miss him and we need him,” said Kingyens, a close family member.
(...)

It was June 24 on Cherry Drive when his family last saw him.

“He had gotten a ride home from an old friend, an old family friend. That was our last confirmed sighting,” said Kingyens.

'We miss him and we need him': Man’s suspicious disappearance worries family

“I love you and I miss you,” uttered Sarah Kingyens to a photo of Trevor Chaput on her phone.
The family of the 33-year old are worried after his disappearance last month.

“Come home safely. That’s what I would say to him. We miss him and we need him,” said Kingyens, a close family member.
(...)

It was June 24 on Cherry Drive when his family last saw him.

“He had gotten a ride home from an old friend, an old family friend. That was our last confirmed sighting,” said Kingyens.

SBM

The search for a man reported missing took an ominous turn Friday afternoon when Sarnia police declared his disappearance suspicious. [snip] “We are not just asking for information about where Mr Chaput is, but information about when they may have seen him last, where they may have seen him last,” said Const. Giovanni Sottosanti.

trevor-chaput-1-5989563-1657913324240.png

I'd like to know more about when Trevor was last seen. The article above states an "old family friend" gave Trevor a ride home. I suppose that means he disappeared after he was dropped off at home. Where was he and his friend coming from on that last known ride? Was anyone home when Trevor got there? Why do LE consider his disappearance suspicious?

Five years ago Trevor was training as a boxer. I suppose it's possible he may have suffered an injury (e.g., head, internal organs) if he is still keeping up with his training. A head injury may have caused him to become confused which led to him wandering away from home. I guess it's also possible he could still be using and/or involved in drug trafficking, trespassing and possession of stolen goods. If so, those activities could have put Trevor in harm's way merely via contact with shady people. The best case scenario is that Trevor left for a stint in rehab or to clear his head and start over somewhere new. Unfortunately, I don't believe that's the case. I hope they can find him quickly. MOO

2017 SBM

Since the offence Chaput has been keeping his nose clean and his struggle with addiction has been helped by his boxing training,...[snip] Chaput is excelling at boxing, which keeps him on the straight and narrow, ...

FB pages -
Trevor Chaput - 2021
Trevor Chaput - Friends list only

Broadcast time:
8:53 AM
Date: August 3, 2022
The Sarnia Police Service is requesting that motorists avoid the area of LaSalle Line, east of Highway 40, as members of the Sarnia Police Service are currently conducting a Grid Search of the area.

Members of the Sarnia Police Service are continuing their efforts to locate missing person, 33 year-old Trevor Chaput of Sarnia and are searching the area for items of evidentiary value in regards to his suspicious disappearance.

Anyone with information is encouraged to contact the Criminal Investigations Division at 519-344-8861 ext. 5300 or for immediate response 519-344-8861 ext. 0.

Information can also be provided to Sarnia Lambton Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.

Constable Giovanni Sottosanti
Media Officer
Tel: 519-344-8861 Ext 6168
Email: 168@police.sarnia.on.ca

SBM
0-e1659537559236-636x400.jpg

ETA -

Broadcast time:
11:35 PM
Date: August 3, 2022
Earlier this morning members of the Sarnia Police Service conducted a search of an area just east of Highway 40 on LaSalle Line regarding any possible evidence that may assist in locating Trevor Chaput who was reported missing on July 6, 2022.

We would like to advise the public that officers are clear of the area and would like to thank everyone for their patience as we conducted the search and asked people to remain away.

The area has now been reopened.

SBM

Sottosanti said he couldn’t specify what information led them to the area but said, as of Wednesday, it was not yet considered a homicide. “At this point, we can’t say it’s a homicide investigation – no,” he said. Sottosanti, though, did confirm the drug connection. “We’re also aware that he is involved in the drug subculture in the area, so we do have concerns for his well-being,”
# More at link

Saturday, July 6 marks two years since the then 33-year-old has been seen or heard from.

"We understand the impact of his absence and the emotional toll this has taken on Trevor's family, friends and the community," read a news release from Sarnia police.

• Sad
Reactions: nao

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inspektor925