Trial break: The State vs Jodi Arias; trial resumes 4 February 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
you are correct. it was shown that see even lied in her diary writings. i'm not sure if she did that to cover her actions or she believed what she wrote. smh

We have no information on when she even wrote that. My theory is that she purposely wrote that after the fact, in the same way she acted surprised that T had been murdered. Smarmy murderer.

I keep praying this is the case. Imagine the humiliation of T's family and the zero, zip, nada amount of actual information it will produce for the DT. It just seems like cruel and unusual punishment as a revenge for charging Jodi.

The fact that they already detailed it in OS should be illegal, considering they aren't allowed to enter it.

This is something that is really bothering me! Seems the defense can slander someone with no criminal background to substantiate it. Take CA saying her dad had molested her! WTH? There is nothing, nada, to substantiate this.
Same thing now with the defense even suggesting that Travis was anything bad. How can this be legal even?

Good morning and Happy Saturday to you all!

JMO based upon threads from long ago:

I was speed reading and missed a bit. Can someone catch me up regarding the duct tape?

1. Duct tape can be seen around TA's biceps muscle in one of the photos JA took of TA lying on his bed.

2. In some of the shower photos, there appears to be a visible redness or adhesive residue on the same biceps muscle where the duct tape would have been before it was removed from his arm prior to showering.

3. Crime scene photos of the laundry room (from where the camera in the washer was recovered) reveal a crumpled up wad of duct tape lying on the floor, that approximates the same color and amount of duct tape that appeared to have been around TA's arm in the bedroom photo.

4. IIRC, (either from Google or from a post in an earlier thread), one of the things that young virile males like to do, nowadays, is to demonstrate their muscular prowess by bursting open a band of duct tape placed circumferentially around the biceps. (I DO believe this WOULD be an impressive action to witness.:blushing:)

5. This mechanism of bursting open the duct tape in such a manly way reminds me very much of a tidbit I came across this morning, when reading someone else's post which referred to something called *the postage stamp test*. (That was news to me, and I spent some time in medical school many years ago! THANK YOU for that enlightening post, btw, I cannot wait to try it out on my BF! :) )

6. Hmmm... I think I might try the duct tape on BF's arm, too...

1. Duct tape can be seen around TA's biceps muscle in one of the photos JA took of TA lying on his bed.

2. In some of the shower photos, there appears to be a visible redness or adhesive residue on the same biceps muscle where the duct tape would have been before it was removed from his arm prior to showering.

3. Crime scene photos of the laundry room (from where the camera in the washer was recovered) reveal a crumpled up wad of duct tape lying on the floor, that approximates the same color and amount of duct tape that appeared to have been around TA's arm in the bedroom photo.

4. IIRC, (either from Google or from a post in an earlier thread), one of the things that young virile males like to do, nowadays, is to demonstrate their muscular prowess by bursting open a band of duct tape placed circumferentially around the biceps. (I DO believe this WOULD be an impressive action to witness.:blushing:)

5. This mechanism of bursting open the duct tape in such a manly way reminds me very much of a tidbit I came across this morning, when reading someone else's post which referred to something called *the postage stamp test*. (That was news to me, and I spent some time in medical school many years ago! THANK YOU for that enlightening post, btw, I cannot wait to try it out on my BF! :) )

THANK you! I didn't know about the tape on T's arm.

You would have to be dang strong to burst duct tape open like that!

Do I dare say I have the book?

Cancun is not in there.

They went to the Albuquerque balloon festival, I believe. That is in there.

I will amend my one-sentence theory:

I think she was insanely jealous that he was taking another woman on a trip.

In some states, in a criminal trial, even evidence obtained illegally by civilians is subject to exclusion from being admitted against the defendant. In this case, the potentially illegally obtained evidence is being offered by the defendant, and I don't think the same exclusionary rules would apply.

I have thought hard about replying to this, at the risk of sounding like a dullard.
However, my need to know is winning out in lieu of my pride. I have read your statement countless times, and I think my minds just tunes out when it sees legalize.
Are you saying you do, or don't think it will be admitted?

TIA from a non legal reader.

I agree with what you said with the exception of the defense destroying Travis. They may be trying to for her defense, but IMO opinion it's not working at all! What I am hearing about is a very normal young man with maybe better than the average morals, who lived, laughed, loved, and brought it to others lives. I could care less what kind of kinky sex they played, as long as all participants were good sports. I do not believe he was abusive in any way, but rather too nice for too long. Some people just can't take a hint! That's when one needs to get more obvious.

You and I agree actually, but the defense is on a mission to destroy the very character of Travis in the most insidious ways. I just reread the defense's opening statements and have no doubt that this is their intention. The way they are going to spin it is that Jodi was under his complete control - "he allowed her to go wash off", etc., etc., You and I agree, and we will probably both be sick to hear what lies are going to be presented by the defense. It makes me very sad.

I don't think it is duct tape we are seeing. Has anyone seen a digital copy of the pic in question? I believe we having been looking at a screen shot of a pic which is not as high quality as we've seen in some pics. Rather than duct tape it looks like a small slightly blue looking tube of something? I dunno

The pics of Travis in the shower where it appears his arm is irritated could be a case of farmers tan. Arizona in June? You get sun burned walking to your car in the AM.

Jodi went to La Jolla. Here is a home that is not very expensive for La Jolla.

http://www.californiamoves.com/prop...005435/5632-Rutgers-Rd-La-Jolla-CA-92037.aspx

Yeah, not too shabby -- only $512/sqft. She aims high, huh? LaJolla -- very precious real estate spot. Location x 3.
Prolly lotsa rich guys there. No doubt.

This good ditty from Bob Seger, one of my favorite song writers, is Jodi all the way.

Still the Same

You always won every time you placed a bet
You're still damn good
No one's gotten to you yet
Every time they were sure they had you caught
You were quicker than they thought
You'd just turn your back and walk

You always said
The cards would never do you wrong
The trick you said
Was never play the game too long
A gambler's share
The only risk that you would take
The only loss you could forsake
The only bluff you couldn't fake

And you're still the same
I caught up with you yesterday
Moving game to game
No one standing in your way
Turning on the charm
Long enough to get you by
You're still the same
You still aim high

There you stood
Everybody watched you play
I just turned and walked away
I had nothing left to say
'Cause you're still the same
You're still the same
Moving game to game
Some things never change
You're still the same

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/b/bob+seger/still+the+same_20021986.html
-------------------------------------------

That's our girl, folks.

We have no information on when she even wrote that. My theory is that she purposely wrote that after the fact, in the same way she acted surprised that T had been murdered. Smarmy murderer.

true, write what she wanted and put any date she wanted.

i am still frozen on her drive from mesa to the salt lake area. time to throw away items. time to think of lies. like many here i would enjoy seeing her on the stand. i don't think it will happen tho. jmo

I don't think it is duct tape we are seeing. Has anyone seen a digital copy of the pic in question? I believe we having been looking at a screen shot of a pic which is not as high quality as we've seen in some pics. Rather than duct tape it looks like a small slightly blue looking tube of something? I dunno

The pics of Travis in the shower where it appears his arm is irritated could be a case of farmers tan. Arizona in June? You get sun burned walking to your car in the AM.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/dr/hln/www...ecache/gallery_780x583/2013/01/04/arias20.jpg

Here's the 'duct tape' found in the laundry room IIRC.

No. In my opinion she's charged with two counts in order to get a consensus for a first degree murder conviction because the jury does not have to be unanimous on premeditation. It's a back up plan, because they can - and it's brilliant in my opinion. Some jurors get hung up on the definition of premeditation though in this case it's overwhelming.

'Cruel and heinous' is the aggravating factor they are using to seek the death penalty. If she were only charged with one count of 1st degree they would be using the same aggravating factor.

bbm

Thanks, Kate, for the good explanation.

Now this is my question:

When jurors look at the shot of his ear-to-ear throat wound, the one that shows his throat area, etc., through the gaping huge wound, along with the 27+ stab wounds, and the shot to his face -- how can they not think, "cruel and heinous"?? Surely they are all human beings with sons, brothers, or other males with whom they are very close & love.

Slaughterer, thy name is Jodi.

I have heard that mentioned several times on HLN, especially when referencing her parroting her female attorneys movements and wardrobe. However, when JA was actually dating Travis, who was she impersonating then?
:waitasec:

JA tried to become what she thought Travis wanted in a spouse.

Mormon. The Freeman brother had said there is quite a process to go through to get to the point where one is baptised. JA jumped through all the Mormon hoops and said what people needed to hear so that she could get baptised. Obviously her lies and manipulation worked on the missionaries that helped her get to the point of baptism.

Wouldn't these two be cute out having a beer together. (Both men are standing in this photo.)

ScreenHunter_01Feb021707.jpg

Juan is a much bigger man to me than Nurmi in his heart and soul.

Like Beth has said when Juan is up speaking the entire room listens.

IMO

bbm

Thanks, Kate, for the good explanation.

Now this is my question:

When jurors look at the shot of his ear-to-ear throat wound, the one that shows his throat area, etc., through the gaping huge wound, along with the 27+ stab wounds, and the shot to his face -- how can they not think, "cruel and heinous"?? Surely they are all human beings with sons, brothers, or other males with whom they are very close & love.

Slaughterer, thy name is Jodi.

I, too, have a question. IF this jury finds she acted in self defense (and recent history shows that not all juries are able to review all the evidence presented and add 2 and 2) does she then walk? Is that even a possibility? Butcher another human being and actually get away with it?

Forgive me for one more duct tape question.
Does the placing on T's arm confirm the theory of "pumping it off"? I thought it looked a little higher on his arm - right ABOVE the bicep ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stewsj