Trial date set for Sidney and Tammy Moorer #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Were the Elvis's in court today?

One of the previously linked articles said that only the media, Elvis and Moorer families were allowed in the court room and Terry left abruptly after the ruling. I feel so bad for him...

One of the previously linked articles said that only the media, Elvis and Moorer families were allowed in the court room and Terry left abruptly after the ruling. I feel so bad for him...

How much more can they take? It's so damn unfair.

I sure hope they have to provide proof that they went on said "job interview(s)" and justify why they needed a whole week to do so. If only one job interview, I would grant 3 days max. One to travel down, one for interview, and one for traveling back.

Just watching the video, TM seriously can't keep her mouth shut...9 mins in and she's mouthing off like she's the attorney. Talk about impulse control issues!

They are holding hands?! Hopefully they will remain GPS tracked while there.

Who would even hire someone that is bonded out on murder charges until after a trial and the person found innocent? I sure wouldnt take that chance with someone. jmo

This is quite the joke. How is it that he would be able to work in Florida if he even got the job? Is the whole M family moving to Orlando now? I'm baffled.

I didn't get to watch the hearing yet. Was there any proof that this is even legit or is it just a ploy for a vacation?

What IS up with this judge?

Makes absolutely no sense.

The State really needs to pull their ____ together and get a case!

Ridiculous.

Don't we all take a week for an interview and take our wives when we are poor and have no job. The way they are living now, he obviously doesn't need a job. This is the biggest crap load of crap. Somebody needs a mental check. Maybe the judge wants some celebrity status too. Great inspiration to all the underdeveloped minds that hear and see this crap- let's just kill someone we don't like and then we can play dress up and be in the news just like celebrities. Pure crap!

This is quite the joke. How is it that he would be able to work in Florida if he even got the job? Is the whole M family moving to Orlando now? I'm baffled.

I didn't get to watch the hearing yet. Was there any proof that this is even legit or is it just a ploy for a vacation?

What IS up with this judge?

Makes absolutely no sense.

The State really needs to pull their ____ together and get a case!

Ridiculous.

I've asked myself every one of these questions! It wasn't even a logical REQUEST.

Why would any judge approve a trip to FL for "a job interview" if SM can't accept the job if he's offered it? Will the job location be somewhere he actually CAN work but the interview just happens to be in Mickey Mouse's hometown?

I mean... GOD FORBID the M's go a year or two without visiting Disney World!

And I'm not buying that he can't find a job ANYWHERE in the entire state of SC. The M's have already proven to be a flight risk with plans to buy land... they wanted to up & move to the very place his "job interview" is taking place w/ an urgency right before their arrest (as was evident in the emails SM sent a realtor... hence the required ankle bracelet!)

It just doesn't make any sense to me. Maybe the M's will actually be dumb enough to attempt a getaway & end up back in jail... one can only hope.

Maybe they know they will be convicted so they are going to end it all in the land of Mickey Mouse!!!!

MOO!!

As much as I hate this, I am hoping they are just planning one final family vacation together. These poor children, I can't imagine what it must be like for them right now. Life is hard enough when you don't have the latest greatest clothing, cars, and technology - but to have both your parents be some of the most hated people in the county must suck so bad. I have zero sympathy for SM and TM, but these kids don't deserve the negative publicity. The only thing keeping me calm about this is the thought that it's just one last happy family vacation before their parents go away forever.

I really REALLY dislike this judge. Not only doesn't he know the major details of this case, he seems hellbent on allowing the M's whatever latitude they want. There is something off with this judge. That's my opinion.

I said this before - something aint right with this judge and this case. And - if the information I have is correct - the judge is from the same small home town that SM is from - and its been rumored there's a connection to SM's parents - good ol' boy kinda stuff? It happens here in SC unfortunately.....

Remember SM's family offered a job when they petitioned to get out of jail last winter. He can find a job in SC, this is total bs.

The judge granted the change to the bond conditions set in January because Moorer has a job interview in Orlando, Florida on August 10.

He also allowed the couple to seek employment in South Carolina and neighboring states for two week periods while under electronic GPS monitoring.

Heather Elvis's father, Terry Elvis, was visibly upset at the close of Thursday's hearing.

Solicitor Jimmy Richardson said he meets with the Elvis family regularly, but did not talk to them before the hearing.

"I probably could have done a better job of making them aware of what was going on today. They're fine, they're fine now. We've talked about everything," Richardson said.

http://www.abcnews4.com/story/29729...is-allowed-to-travel-to-florida-while-on-bond

Considering that it could be a year before we see a trial in this case, if SM does get the job, why can't the Moorers move down to Orlando for it? I would think the judge would just have to approve it? I think it's a good idea...It would get the Moorers away from the area.

It's also possible that if they dumped Heather's body down there, they might re-visit it. I would recommend the Elvises or the prosecution get a P.I. to track them.

It's also possible that if they dumped Heather's body down there, they might re-visit it. I would recommend the Elvises or the prosecution get a P.I. to track them.
RSBM & BBM: This is the part I'm really hoping to see happen. Please, please let TM be dumb and cocky enough to do that.

Heather Elvis's father, Terry Elvis, was visibly upset at the close of Thursday's hearing.

Solicitor Jimmy Richardson said he meets with the Elvis family regularly, but did not talk to them before the hearing.

"I probably could have done a better job of making them aware of what was going on today. They're fine, they're fine now. We've talked about everything," Richardson said.

That's just slack, there's no excuse for him to not prepare them. Does anyone in the system care that they lost their daughter? This just makes me even more upset. Meanwhile the M's are going to Disney...:sick:

"Seeking employment", AKA going to Walt Disney World with money scammed from the government (and mooched off their parents) while the parents of the young woman they (probably) murdered toil wondering if they will ever know what happened to their daughter...

This is definitely not good news. Can't help but feel that the state of SC is letting the Elvis family down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chrissy321