Trial date set for Sidney and Tammy Moorer #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heather Elvis's father, Terry Elvis, was visibly upset at the close of Thursday's hearing.

Solicitor Jimmy Richardson said he meets with the Elvis family regularly, but did not talk to them before the hearing.

"I probably could have done a better job of making them aware of what was going on today. They're fine, they're fine now. We've talked about everything," Richardson said.

Someone needs to tell the judge that Orlando was picked because they Moorer's want to go to DisneyWorld:

"...and this will be the fourth time for Tammy and the third time for Sidney that they've asked the judge to tinker with the bonds or do something along the lines with the bonds," Richardson said.

Though the bond restrictions could be lessened Thursday at the 9:30 a.m. hearing, Richardson says now is not the time to prove Sidney and Tammy Moorer are guilty beyond a reasonable doubt of killing Heather Elvis.

"This isn't any indication, the judge doesn't know the facts of the case, really the only ones that know them to any extent are the ones that have reviewed the discovery, and that would be the defense attorneys, and our office, the police," Richardson explained.

http://www.wistv.com/story/29721799...e-and-ask-for-bond-restrictions-to-be-reduced

The Moorers are probably planning on moving to Orlando when they are exonerated from this crime, hence the job interview to get things all lined up.

I really hope that there isn't some sort of info. they've been made privy to that indicates this case is going to be dropped.

I finally got to watch the hearing.

Richardson is spineless IMO.

He should have reiterated that the original bond conditions that were set should stand. And, he should have recalled the previous bond hearing when SM said that he had a job lined-up with his brother! If he can't find work, tough ____!

Richardson basically agreed with the Defense and bowed down to their request! Ugh!

And, how is it that TM is even included in the modification [for a job]? She will be allowed to travel to Orlando for a week-long interview, er, uh, vacation too?

Gimme-a-break!

Judge didn't even know what he set the bond at either! :facepalm:

They are living like they have already been acquitted.

Will Richardson even take this case to trial? I'm starting to think he's backing away...

I don't think there is a move lined up. I think all the family is in SC/NC anyway. Without a doubt a Disney vacation will ensue with the ability to leave the state, though.

How did they even get a job interview with an upcoming trial for murder on their records? What applicants were they better than?

An upcoming trial isn't listed on SM's "record." One would imagine he submitted his resume to someone. In that resume I highly doubt he included "suspect in disappearance and murder of a 20 yr old woman." And unless the person or organization who received his resume bothered to ask if he'd ever been arrested or did an Internet search on him, they wouldn't otherwise know.

That assumes that there's even a bonafide interview for a job.

This is sickening that they are getting to go on with their lives as if nothing ever happened. Where is Heather???

An upcoming trial isn't listed on SM's "record." One would imagine he submitted his resume to someone. In that resume I highly doubt he included "suspect in disappearance and murder of a 20 yr old woman." And unless the person or organization who received his resume bothered to ask if he'd ever been arrested or did an Internet search on him, they wouldn't otherwise know.

Actually, Horry County Public Index lists 7 pending criminal charges against him (including kidnapping and murder charges). That's not to say that a potential employer would happen to look into his background like that, but in a way, "an upcoming trial for murder" is on his "record."

http://publicindex.sccourts.org/Horry/PublicIndex/PISearch.aspx

SM's charges may not be on his resume but don't they normally do a criminal background check on job applicants? This is bunk and it's all so they can go to Disney. And if he did apply for a job he's wasting the companies time, if he's honest and truthful I doubt he'll ever get to the interview stage. Too many qualified people looking for work, why hire and train someone with a looming murder/kidnapping trial?

I don't understand why if you don't use the right terminology or explain your point in the most articulate way, there are those who will pretend they don't know what you meant. What is the point of taking every word that someone posts so literally? Hopefully i used that word right or im in for it! haha. Yes, I definitely thought that Sidney wrote on his application that he was arrested for murder. I definitely was not referring to how hard it is to get a job nowadays that it seems pretty ridiculous that someone who is charged with With several felonies was granted an interview.

since neither works, but can go to DWorld...............who pays the bills? Welfare? Tax payers?

Wonder if anyone, like the court or LE who tracks them, verified there is an interview. I have my doubts.

Sidney's type of work is one of the easiest jobs to get for even felons who have served time because the employer is looking for the skills. Now if he's trying to get on with a larger business or corporation or have to do a job in a school or hospital, he likely will be checked out more thoroughly. But a small employer may even hire him for a short term job with a trial coming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState