Trial date set for Sidney and Tammy Moorer? #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With little to no information, it's only guessing that it has anything to do with Heather.
RSBM: I agree. I want it to be Heather as much as the next guy, but it really is a wild guess.

Agreed @meinmyrtlebeach. Other evidence could have been found near or with the remains like a blanket, towel, jewelry, clothing, hair fibers, etc..

Plus the fact that DNA wouldn't be necessary for immediate identification to rule out other known missing persons in the area. All they would need to do is check dental records! How long could that possibly take? Uhh... 20 minutes?

At least inform the general public where they stand with the investigation IMO.

They can determine if a skull is male or female and approximate age. Seems like our local media gives a paragraph blurb and goes la-la-la on their way never going back to get an update. THIS WAS A PERSON! They deserve more than a paragraph and two months of nothing.

I agree with the poster that said they believe that the M's would have gotten rid of any body or evidence right away. I can't imagine as a murderer, keeping ANYTHING related to my crimes, for any time period longer than I had to. As stupid as most murderers are, can you imagine the balls it would take to keep a body in your truck toolbox, mickey camper, storage shed, etc for a week or longer and then transport it to a different place for disposal? Throw in the fact that if they took the children with them to Berkeley for a visit they'd have that to deal with on top of everything else?

I suspect that whatever they've done with Heather, they did within the first hour or two of 3:41am before the rest of the world woke up and began the day. Just my opinion.

Would S or T (or both) have driven all the way down to Berkeley to hide a body on that night? I highly doubt it. That's quite a drive, and would mean some explaining to family why they didn't return home until probably 8am at the earliest. Especially when there are hundreds of miles of woods, swamps, undeveloped land within minutes of Peachtree landing.

It's so heartbreaking. I just keep holding out hope that the state has much more than we know. Unfortunately, i'm not confident about that because it seems if the state had MORE, then the defense would know this and would probably know "the jig" is up and might either sing or negotiate?

I agree with the poster that said they believe that the M's would have gotten rid of any body or evidence right away. I can't imagine as a murderer, keeping ANYTHING related to my crimes, for any time period longer than I had to. As stupid as most murderers are, can you imagine the balls it would take to keep a body in your truck toolbox, mickey camper, storage shed, etc for a week or longer and then transport it to a different place for disposal? Throw in the fact that if they took the children with them to Berkeley for a visit they'd have that to deal with on top of everything else?

I suspect that whatever they've done with Heather, they did within the first hour or two of 3:41am before the rest of the world woke up and began the day. Just my opinion.

Would S or T (or both) have driven all the way down to Berkeley to hide a body on that night? I highly doubt it. That's quite a drive, and would mean some explaining to family why they didn't return home until probably 8am at the earliest. Especially when there are hundreds of miles of woods, swamps, undeveloped land within minutes of Peachtree landing.

It's so heartbreaking. I just keep holding out hope that the state has much more than we know. Unfortunately, i'm not confident about that because it seems if the state had MORE, then the defense would know this and would probably know "the jig" is up and might either sing or negotiate?

BBM.

Don't forget that for a lot of Sidney's jobs he worked in the middle of the night/early morning when restaurants/bars are closed. Getting home at weird hours of the night/morning was probably the norm for him. I do agree with you that it's much more likely that Heather is closer to home than Berkeley County, but I can't discount the possibility she was taken there.

Good point on his work schedule!

Actually, this reminds me. Didn't we hear early on or at the bond hearing that they had "pinged" SM's phone at home that night when the initial calls from HE to him occurred? If that's the case, wouldn't it be pretty simple for LE to ascertain if he traveled to Berkeley or anywhere else? Unless of course he left his phone at home. Or am I just remembering that wrong about his phone ping info?

Good point on his work schedule!

Actually, this reminds me. Didn't we hear early on or at the bond hearing that they had "pinged" SM's phone at home that night when the initial calls from HE to him occurred? If that's the case, wouldn't it be pretty simple for LE to ascertain if he traveled to Berkeley or anywhere else? Unless of course he left his phone at home. Or am I just remembering that wrong about his phone ping info?

I think you're correct about the phone remaining at home. I'm pretty sure their phone pings didn't give up anything incriminating since they were never really brought up in the any of those hearings where evidence was presented. Since they were smart enough to not bring their phone(s) along when they abducted Heather, I think it's safe to say they also didn't bring them when disposed of her body (if those were two separate events).

Sometimes in cases, time elapses between the murder and disposal process, disposal sometimes occurring the next day. Sometimes the body is stored somewhere else initially. Or later moved from the initial crime scene.

IMO a septic tank would be a dumb place to put a body. Septic tanks need to be pumped out every few years. When we had ours pumped, everyone could see the stuff being pumped out. Apparently the peeps who lived in our home previously flushed LOTS of condoms.:blushing::blushing::blushing: Bones would be pretty obvious. Burying a body would be a much safer option.

Whether it's a septic system "or some other similar scenario", I don't believe she was dumped, or buried in a fashion that would allow a skull to appear behind a school. If you don't want someone found, a grave where it doesn't belong would be pretty risky. I also can't imagine that they would choose a septic system type scenario on occupied property with routine activities of daily life.

I've always thought they had a good plan, some help, and a little bit of luck, and this explains why she hasn't been found. I don't think the plan included a time intensive grave-digging in the wee hours, or even prior, unless there was some access to a secluded area the M's controlled and could be certain would not be noticed or happened upon during their activity. Behind a school or in a human-traveled and animal inhabited forest don't seem like good options to me.

This was very personal to TM. I believe she made the disposal of her victim's body as personal as she did her killing, and I don't think a random site, or a site that posed potential discovery by parties out of the control of TM would be her choice. JMO. I could be entirely wrong.

Personally, I've always found it remarkable that the M's arrived at and left the landing so swiftly, went back in the direction of their own home, then their activity and the evidence trail seems to have abruptly ended.

Again, if Heather was killed at the landing, then what happened? My question isn't a challenge to you personally, it's a larger question as to how all this fits together, and in addition, allows for such successful disposal of the victim when the picture that's been painted, or suggested, is one of the M's heading back toward their home and not showing up elsewhere on camera or in other circumstances that illuminate the trail to and from what happened that morning.

I think you're spot on concerning the time frame. I think that 3:41 time on the phone log is a point at the end of the crime, not the beginning of what happened to her.

I also think the state has problems, the state knows it, and the defense knows it too. Time will tell where that leads. Or doesn't. JMO

Portfolio Recovery Associates Llc/Synchrony Bank VS Sidney Stclair Moorer

Begin Date: 01/11/2016-15:00
http://publicindex.sccourts.org/Hor...ency=26104&Casenum=2015CV261041298&CaseType=V

http://www.portfoliorecovery.com/

https://www.mysynchrony.com/

The "R"Us Credit Card and MasterCard is issued by Synchrony Bank("SYNCB") and is not an obligation of Toys"R"Us, Inc.
https://www.onlinecreditcenter6.com...ctionId=1000&clientId=tru&accountType=generic

Can a Credit Card Company Sue You?

http://www.cardhub.com/edu/credit-cards-collections-lawsuits/

IMO a septic tank would be a dumb place to put a body. Septic tanks need to be pumped out every few years. When we had ours pumped, everyone could see the stuff being pumped out. Apparently the peeps who lived in our home previously flushed LOTS of condoms.:blushing::blushing::blushing: Bones would be pretty obvious. Burying a body would be a much safer option.

BBM

How is that even possible? :facepalm:

I always thought the M's had help disposing Heather.
TM couldn't even clean her home let alone get her hands dirty........JMOO
SM was a weak link that TM couldn't trust...........JMOO
who babied TM and gave her everything?
That is who IMO, did the dirty disposal with SM ..............
sadly we will never know the truth.........IMO

So how many remains (ruleouts) are we waiting on again? Could someone please bring forward the current list? Tia.

Whether it's a septic system "or some other similar scenario", I don't believe she was dumped, or buried in a fashion that would allow a skull to appear behind a school. If you don't want someone found, a grave where it doesn't belong would be pretty risky. I also can't imagine that they would choose a septic system type scenario on occupied property with routine activities of daily life.

I've always thought they had a good plan, some help, and a little bit of luck, and this explains why she hasn't been found. I don't think the plan included a time intensive grave-digging in the wee hours, or even prior, unless there was some access to a secluded area the M's controlled and could be certain would not be noticed or happened upon during their activity. Behind a school or in a human-traveled and animal inhabited forest don't seem like good options to me.

This was very personal to TM. I believe she made the disposal of her victim's body as personal as she did her killing, and I don't think a random site, or a site that posed potential discovery by parties out of the control of TM would be her choice. JMO. I could be entirely wrong.

Personally, I've always found it remarkable that the M's arrived at and left the landing so swiftly, went back in the direction of their own home, then their activity and the evidence trail seems to have abruptly ended.

Again, if Heather was killed at the landing, then what happened? My question isn't a challenge to you personally, it's a larger question as to how all this fits together, and in addition, allows for such successful disposal of the victim when the picture that's been painted, or suggested, is one of the M's heading back toward their home and not showing up elsewhere on camera or in other circumstances that illuminate the trail to and from what happened that morning.

I don't feel like Heather was put in water because Tammy would lose control of her after that. I can imagine Tammy making Sidney dig a hole as part of his punishment.

As far as the skull found, there are so many possibilities not only from Horry/Georgetown Counties but the Charleston area is very close also. My 'wild guess' is that the remains are from a gang or drug killing with the perp someone who attended school there & moved on to Charleston but brought the victim back because it was familiar and secluded.

I don't feel like Heather was put in water because Tammy would lose control of her after that. I can imagine Tammy making Sidney dig a hole as part of his punishment.

As far as the skull found, there are so many possibilities not only from Horry/Georgetown Counties but the Charleston area is very close also. My 'wild guess' is that the remains are from a gang or drug killing with the perp someone who attended school there & moved on to Charleston but brought the victim back because it was familiar and secluded.

I've never thought Heather was put in water.

I don't have trouble with a burial scenario. I just think that since TM's control would have been lost the minute Heather was placed in a grave where others travel or might search, the subsequent fruitless searches, to me, reflect that the site was thoughtfully chosen. And I wonder why they went pell mell back toward their home when their destination was a grave. I don't think they were stupid enough to bury her on their property, and I think she would have been found if they were.

The timeline and the direction they traveled have always bothered me.

I don't think they planned it out all that well. For instance I don't think they had a grave pre-dug. I believe whatever they did they figured it out after the fact. These 2 people seem to react without thinking things through.

I've never thought Heather was put in water.

I don't have trouble with a burial scenario. I just think that since TM's control would have been lost the minute Heather was placed in a grave where others travel or might search, the subsequent fruitless searches, to me, reflect that the site was thoughtfully chosen. And I wonder why they went pell mell back toward their home when their destination was a grave. I don't think they were stupid enough to bury her on their property, and I think she would have been found if they were.

The timeline and the direction they traveled have always bothered me.

Me too. There are really only two options for travel to/from PTL. The M's could have continued on Peachtree Road or turned left on Mill Pond. It appears that they turned per video evidence. If they were going to immediately dispose of Heather somewhere to the south such as Francis Marion National Forest, they would have continued on Peachtree Road and not turned back towards home. I also doubt that the 2 minutes spent at PTL was long enough to satisfy that psycho's vengeance. :(

Me too. There are really only two options for travel to/from PTL. The M's could have continued on Peachtree Road or turned left on Mill Pond. It appears that they turned per video evidence. If they were going to immediately dispose of Heather somewhere to the south such as Francis Marion National Forest, they would have continued on Peachtree Road and not turned back towards home. I also doubt that the 2 minutes spent at PTL was long enough to satisfy that psycho's vengeance. :(

This is what I mean. And I can't imagine they went to the trouble to lure and kill her, then realized they had a body to manage, which thus far, they sure seem to have managed successfully.

I'm STILL having an issue with Heather being killed at PTL.

I think it was just a place to dump her car and make one last call from her phone for a ride. :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BOTTERB