Trial date set for Sidney and Tammy Moorer? #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The burden is 100% on the state to prove the charges. Not just in South Carolina, but in every state in the country.

You're out of here? wow

Nah. Just nothing really special to add at this time. I/we knew something was coming and just want to let it sink in a bit.

The State may still proceed with the kidnapping charges (or not). I do think the video footage is all they have and it's weak at best.

This all just reiterates that fact of how I was not feeling that confident with LE's case from the get-go. All IMO.

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the M's crotches and may their arms be too short to scratch.

I'm stunned.

The Mrs. is up to her old tricks on "it's" fb page. I wish slander was a chargeable capital offense ...

I want BW to state the exact details of what Heather said to her on December 18th.

Not sure how accurate this is but a quick Google search came up with a max sentence of 30 years for kidnapping in South Carolina.
http://law.justia.com/codes/south-carolina/2012/title-16/chapter-3/section-16-3-910

Have a few questions:

1. After a trial on the kidnapping charges, can the murder charges come back in the future? (if new evidence came up to support the murder charges) I know how double jeopardy works, but I'm not sure how it works when people are tried on certain charges that are part of one big "crime" and they aren't tried on other charges.

2. Are they planning on trying them for fraud separately from the charges related to Heather? If so, why the heck don't they just get that out of the way now?

3. Under what circumstances are kidnapping charges tried in federal court vs. state court?

I'm just hoping that the state wants to build a better case and not lose out because of double jeopardy on the murder charge. Wonder why they nolle'd the indecent exposure, though?

I'm really not that surprised the murder charges were dropped.I always doubted the state had enough evidence to prove a case of murder. I think we are in for surprises regarding this case. IMO

Debbie Elvis said the family is not ready to make a statement because the gag order still exists.

http://wach.com/news/local/murder-c...er-in-heather-elvis-case-03-10-2016-214117578

but did say something here:

"We are unhappy with the news that the murder charge is dropped but we have faith and hope that they will still be held accountable on the remaining charges," said Debbi Elvis, Heather Elvis' mother.

She added that the family's focus remains on trying to find her daughter.

"The tips on Heather and where to search and what might have happened are still critical," Debbi Elvis said. "We are still asking for those tips to come in."

http://www.kfvs12.com/story/31440143/murder-charges-against-sidney-and-tammy-moorer-dropped

Also in the above link ...

Truslow, S's attorney, said that he is ready to go to court for motions starting on June 13 and for trial on June 20.

I have a question or two...Does the state have to drop charges, if another state is going to make charges? Also, depending on where something happened, does state charges have to be dropped for federal charges to be made ( if federal charges are warranted)? This has just got my mind going in circles and asking questions.

I have a question or two...Does the state have to drop charges, if another state is going to make charges? Also, depending on where something happened, does state charges have to be dropped for federal charges to be made ( if federal charges are warranted)? This has just got my mind going in circles and asking questions.

Good question!

There can be multiple state charges and federal charges concurrently.

What if HE is being held somewhere against her will like the Ohio girls and Jaycee D and others have been?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appleatcha