Trial day 31: the defense continues it's case in chief #86

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This article would apply more to Travis than Jodi. He was under sudden attack. She committed premeditated murder against him--she was prepared for what happened. The Time article explains his reaction more than hers... except that he did not live to tell about it.

This is how I want Juan to frame his cross. For both expert witnesses. Travis was psychologically impacted by Jodi in such a way that he was not able to identify and avoid danger, nor defend himself adequately. And Travis was the victim of the domestic abuse in this relationship as Jodi exhibits a lot of the checklist symptoms

I wonder if Jodi's parents gave her a playchool camera when she was little and are not regretting it.

This article would apply more to Travis than Jodi. He was under sudden attack. She committed premeditated murder against him--she was prepared for what happened. The Time article explains his reaction more than hers... except that he did not live to tell about it.

whoa..right??? So true!

Hi, do not have time to catch up in depth right now and did not see this AM. Was the jury ever in the court room this morning or was all of this outside of their presence?
tia

Jury was not present. :)

And JM just stated in his motion this morning that Samuels has *been seeing* JA - and has seen her a few years ago and did testing on her - apparently he never informed her of his findings... or he didn't find anything. Hm....
This is KEY - thanks for bringing it up. This is flagrant disregard of court rules.

It does lead to memory loss and unstable memory, which is actually quite common, the severity of which relies upon the severity of the PTSD. The hippocampus shrinks in PTSD patients, which is the area controlling memory.

That is apart from the triggering trauma too. Many people relive the trauma through flashbacks but will still have a very disjointed memory.

Thank you so much for posting this. I have had PTSD for 30 years and I am getting EMDR treatment now. I could not understand why my memory is so bad for the more important things in my life such as my children's childhoods. They recount funny things and I have no memory of any of it, yet I was there. Will these memories ever come back?

Frankly after dealing with the death penalty for over 20 years now I'm just f'ing FED UP with all this special consideration crap giving THE MOST VIOLENt and DANGEROUS of our society red carpet treatment in our legal system- so many kid gloves for these murderers. F'ing over it!!!

I am beyond disgusted with this as well! Have you all seen this article from today??

:furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/21642911/convictions-of-woman-on-ariz-death-row-overturned

PHOENIX (AP) - A federal appeals court has reversed the convictions and sentences of a woman convicted of murdering her son in a notorious case that put her on Arizona's death row.

Debra Jean Milke has been on death row for over 22 years after being convicted of first-degree murder and other charges in the 1989 killing of her son Christopher.

Prosecutors say Milke dressed the 4-year-old boy in his favorite outfit and told him he was going to see Santa in December 1989.

Instead, he was taken into the desert by two men and shot three times in the back of the head.

The 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals;' ruling says the prosecution failed to disclose information about a history of misconduct by a detective who provided key incriminating testimony regarding Milke.

Seriously??? She murders her 4 year old son and it's overturned because the state "failed to disclose information about a history of misconduct by a detective" etc... Stuff like this makes me absolutely SICK!!! That poor little boy. :(

Well on the flipside the DT expert will be easily impeachable.

I gotta tell you, The jury's comfort is not as important as someone on trial with a DP case getting every opportunity to defend themselves. IT is not a show it is someone's life. I think the Judge is making sure it can not be appealed because of a mistake she made. That is smart.

I agree 100%. And as much as I hate to admit it, even despicable human beings like JA deserve a fair trial. I understand that the judge needs to give each side the opportunity to present the best case they can.

However, I wasn't even talking about today. There have been multiple times when court has started late and not because of a legal matter concerning this trial, but because of the judge's scheduling. I believe it's her responsibility to make sure the jury's time is not wasted. She's failing at that.

:moo:

Why when I thank a post do I get a pop up window with a yellow exclamation point? It only happens like every other one. Never had this happen in all my years here.

Yep...same here...I started thinking I "thanked" too much...LOL

I was just thinking nearly the exact, same thing. We seem to have lost sight of the difference between the right to a competent defense in which the State's evidence is put to proof (or not) and "the finest, most comprehensive and exhaustive defense the taxpayers' money can buy."

Yes!!! A seven year TEN Million tax payer dollar hearing to try and prove someone just like Jodi is mentally retarded. The scales of justice have gone off their own scales.

JM should have a video montage of all the times Jodi also "didn't remember" things in her interviews with Det. Flores. Those instances that she now claims were lies. Isn't it her MO to Lie with "I don't remember"?

I would like to know how many times Mr Nurmi has used these Experts

Snipped part of Samuels resume from above...

State University at Farmingdale, New York
Electronics Technology, A.A.S. 1961

Electronics Technology? Maybe Nurmi uses him for child molester cases where can testify as a psychologist and computer expert!

OMG TOOO funny!!! Daughter just asked what's so funny.. :)

What's even funnier is PASA just texted me from the courthouse saying he Looks like Gus- after i posted that here -how crazy is that?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member