trial day 31: the defense continues it's case in chief #88

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night on Showbiz Tonight, Dog the Bounty Hunter said JB was a brilliant lawyer!!!!

(I threw up a little...)

Dog the bounty hunter :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I laughed my butt off when I first saw him on TV, like yeah, a bounty hunter rampaging through the countryside dressed like an 80's rock god in full leather .. like seriously? How do people like him get licences?

eh! Think jodie might have missed that chapter!!!

I have this feeling, and I'll try to express this correctly...that Jodi discovered a Religion (Mormon) that she felt would assist her in controlling her "man" given their traditions (I apologize if that is not the correct word) regarding dating, wards, marriage, sins and confessing to Bishops or Elders etc.

They are a close knit group, the youth especially, kind of police each other, they pair off by certain ages with marriage in mind (it is encouraged, pair off meaning they are dating with marriage in mind) and this was all very comforting to her. NOT only did she meet a man she instantly became obsessed with, he is in a Religion that promotes marriage and fidelity and spirituality. This would keep him rather safe and he will HAVE to marry her.

She forgot the free will part and that he started having doubts about her. She thought she had this in the bag and it went poof. She really used this religion against him. I believe she did read most of the book of Mormon but not for honorable reasons, and then turned around and wrote scary email to his friends anonymously.

She was not going to have the control over him she thought she could by thrusting herself into his life, his work, his religion. (his house...unannounced)

Everything just went down the proverbial toilet. I don't think sociopaths can be aligned with any religion in an honest way.. They may try to use them as tools to get something they want, or in their desire to morph into something again, for personal gain...

Well, I just got to see today's much talked about video. The really, really, really, scary thing for me is how quickly she went from the crying mess to the happy murderess. I can imagine she must be thinking herself so superior for having put one over the detective, so much so, she can't even contain her giggly, childish behavior.

I tend to agree with you. What I don't understand is the value of proving that she has real memory issues - her not being able to recall the killing does not make her any less responsible, or take away from the premeditation, or the brutality. In other words, so f'ng what that she can't remember, she obviously planned it and did it. So why is the defense spending any time on this at all???

The whole thing is convoluted, but if I understand what RS was planning to lay out in his testimony and PPT presentation:

-several PPT slides have to do with distinguishing between crime scene analysis and determining whether it was an instrumental or expressive homicide.
-PTSD would be closer linked to an expressive homicide.
-expressive homicide is a veiled term for crime of passion, whereas instrumental homicide is another way of saying premeditated.

This is why JM objected and is the basis for the evidentiary hearing which has been postponed until Monday. If the judge rules in favor of the state/JM, then the whole thing about PTSD really gets lost.

Someone with PTSD still knows right from wrong. At the time of the act and afterwards. RS tried to use denial as JA's psychological defense mechanism; someone with a developed super ego (morality) would not, could not do this.

While I don't buy the memory thing the way that it has been presented by JA, I will acknowledge that memory problems can exist. My reading seems to indicate that psychological treatment can help those with PTSD to improve their recall, which is in direct contrast to RS's statement that no memories are formed (and thus there is nothing to recall).

RS says that he has seen tapes of her interrogations and TV interviews; it boggles my mind that he can make the statements he has as an expert.

Prostitute yes, expert, no.

Okay. So Mr. Dr. What's is name? talks about PTSD etc...And how the brain works...How does he explain her lying to the jury? Also, the only good reason he was called was to try and get the murder scene in so second degree murder can be considered. But Mr. Juan was to smart for that to fly. Shame on the defense for that snickey move. Just like Jodi.

I tend to agree with you. What I don't understand is the value of proving that she has real memory issues - her not being able to recall the killing does not make her any less responsible, or take away from the premeditation, or the brutality. In other words, so f'ng what that she can't remember, she obviously planned it and did it. So why is the defense spending any time on this at all???

I agree...it's not relevant. I'm also not buying ANY of her memory claims. None of these memory issues came up until well after all of her other "versions" were debunked so much, that even SHE thought they were ridiculous. All of the wanting to drive by and see his house and wanting to see the crime photos was all about "What have they got on me?" IMO, I see nothing but a sociopath thinking she's smartest one in the room...confirmed by the giggling, singing and make-up worries five minutes after she was pretending to be crying for Travis in the Flores interrogation.

Yes she realised her charms weren't enough to extract gold from wealthier men, she needed weaponry.

She's sending so many hints to the jury that she shouldn't roam free ever again, including a prison situation where inmates can gather together. She's like a grenade, and there's no predicting when some innocent person might inadvertantly pull the pin.

I have this feeling, and I'll try to express this correctly...that Jodi discovered a Religion (Mormon) that she felt would assist her in controlling her "man" given their traditions (I apologize if that is not the correct word) regarding dating, wards, marriage, sins and confessing to Bishops or Elders etc.

They are a close knit group, the youth especially, kind of police each other, they pair off by certain ages with marriage in mind (it is encouraged, pair off meaning they are dating with marriage in mind) and this was all very comforting to her. NOT only did she meet a man she instantly became obsessed with, he is in a Religion that promotes marriage and fidelity and spirituality. This would keep him rather safe and he will HAVE to marry her.

She forgot the free will part and that he started having doubts about her. She thought she had this in the bag and it went poof. She really used this religion against him. I believe she did read most of the book of Mormon but not for honorable reasons, and then turned around and wrote scary email to his friends anonymously.

She was not going to have the control over him she thought she could by thrusting herself into his life, his work, his religion. (his house...unannounced)

Everything just went down the proverbial toilet. I don't think sociopaths can be aligned with any religion in an honest way.. They may try to use them as tools to get something they want, or in their desire to morph into something again, for personal gain...
ITA, she used the whole religion thing to make herself more appealing to Travis. Unfortunately, Travis saw the "ugly" Jodi...conversion or no conversion.

I've wondered this myself at times. But after hearing her sing the song on the day she was arrested and watching the music video I've come to believe it's a memory she will only share with Travis because she cherishes it. I know that sounds sick.

Oh, I do think she definitely has more memories than she has 'fessed up to, and I do not believe she will ever disclose those to anyone - not even her attorneys. I also believe that she could have PTSD from her brutal acts and that her memory is not completely in tact.

Unlike many people here, I do believe it's a very real possibility that Jodi has PTSD from the brutal acts she committed. PTSD does not always follow exactly the same pattern in every individual. I think her attending the memorial service was her way of trying to appear innocent, and I think she could behave in such a way even if she was blocking the experience of having committed a brutal murder.

As far as driving by the house -- I don't remember if she wanted to go in or not, but I do recall that she asked Flores how she could retrieve her items from Travis' house. I can see her doing this if she had an unclear memory of what she had done -- she may have wanted to see the crime scene to try to make sense of what she had done and piece together whatever evidence she could find. Same with her wanting to see the crime scene photos.

I do think it's a real possibility that Jodi does not remember clearly all that happened during the murder, whether that's PTSD or not. I do not, however, believe that she has complete amnesia of every single thing that happened other than shooting Travis in the head.

Sorry minor - call me cynical.

Last night on Showbiz Tonight, Dog the Bounty Hunter said JB was a brilliant lawyer!!!!

(I threw up a little...)

I am throwing up a little in my mouth right now ... blech!! LET'S ALL BOYCOTT!! :great::great::great:

I know I (personally) I WILL NOT watch ... dumb show anyway MOO

The only relevance is to persuade the jury that she is not totally lying about having no memory of the murder events, other than the shooting (much of which she fabricated IMO).

This expert has nothing at all to do with her responsibility, and IMO has nothing at all to do with the premeditation issue or anything else other than to give some credence to Jodi's seemingly convenient amnesia.

Oh, I do think she definitely has more memories than she has 'fessed up to, and I do not believe she will ever disclose those to anyone - not even her attorneys. I also believe that she could have PTSD from her brutal acts and that her memory is not completely in tact.

I think she remember every, last stinking detail and has relived it over and over these past years. When Jodi looked at the crime scene photos and the picture with Travis and her foot her posture reminds me of a dog that took a scrap of meat from the table and got caught. jmo

Sorry minor - call me cynical.

No problem. I also understand the belief that Jodi is lying about it all and has complete and total recall of every detail of the murder. We will never know IMO - and I'm not suggesting that I have the answer either. I think it's possible she remembers everything, but I also think it's possible that her memory is not completely clear on every detail or that she has blocked out part of the murder events.

Either way, she's guilty of premeditated murder and has lied about so many things that it doesn't matter whether she's telling the truth about her memory loss or not. And, by the way, even if she does have some problems recalling every detail, I do not for a moment believe she has complete amnesia about everything other than the shooting -- so she's lying about it either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Cool wannabe