trial day 31: the defense continues it's case in chief #88

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has already came up but I was just thinking....how about him running away from her and she was stabbing him in the back as he was running AWAY from her.

I kind of get the feeling that the story that JA tells about TA chasing her, threatening to kill her really happened. Except that TA was the one being chased.

Exactly. Jodi claims Travis stretched the rope out before cutting it and the rope reached the bathroom. A ludicrous story, but convenient for Jodi to explain how a knife ended up near the bathroom.

Her stories are just so absurd. Who, in the middle of a roll in the hay, stretches a rope across a bedroom, down a hall, and into a bathroom to cut it with a knife? No scissors in the house? Why didn't he just stretch it out the door and down the stairs- it's ludicrous. As I write this, who brings that much rope to tie someone to a bed. :waitasec:

Vinnie Politan ‏@VinniePolitan
Monday #JoseBaez defends #JodiArias in front of our #JodiJury on "HLN After Dark"... Monday 10pm eastern on HLN

I think I'll skip this show on Monday night. :rolleyes:

Oh please, Next he will be giving Nurmi advice, :banghead:

I think the only advice Baez could give Nurmi is wear a nice matching pocket hankie, and keep your finger out of your nose :furious:.

What bothers me is that the jury isn't aware of or privy to what we all have seen and now know, such as the video of the headstand etc. If a jury is to render a true verdict, they need to know it all. Her actions are on video, so no subjective interpretation can be made. It' a clear representation of her actions in that situation. There's so much the jury doesn't know. It scares me to think I could be a juror who wants to do my very best and then find out later very pertinent information wasn't allowed or admitted.
I pray the jury just uses common sense. It doesn't add up. She planned the murder.
I would love for the jury to see the headstand video. As weird as it was, the headstand doesn't creep me out nearly as much as the inappropriate laughing, the worry about her make up, and digging through a trash can. I'm surprised she didn't reach around, pat herself on the back and tell herself she was giving her best acting performance ever. The defense had the option to go with insanity but chose not to.

I would love to know what happened prior to Travis sending the sociopath text. She had done a lot of things to him and his friends which he chose to overlook but I think something major happened the day the text was sent. Something that really sickened him.

She did this once and screwed it up bad.. But I am so afraid if she got out, she would do this again and be much better at it and she won't be as traumatized next time. But I know she would kill again

I don't think there's any chance at all that she'll get out. She may not get DP, but she'd definitely get LWOP. The jury has seen the evil in this girl, I'm sure of it.

Another day off. IMO this judge does not like to work. She is letting the attorneys run her courtroom. This trial is never going to end at this rate of speed.

I am NOT trying to give her the benefit of the doubt at all. I think she is evil incarnate, and I think it's very possible that she feels nothing other than anger and frustration at times.

I guess I find it hard to imagine how such a horrific event could NOT effect a person in some significant psychological way.

I'd like to think she's tormented by all the woulda-coulda-shouldas in her planning. Hard to imagine that she asked herself at the time, "Is killing Travis worth LWOP if I get caught?" and her answer was "Yes".

I don't think there's any chance at all that she'll get out. She may not get DP, but she'd definitely get LWOP. The jury has seen the evil in this girl, I'm sure of it.

I agree with you, she has admitted to murder, the jury only has to decide if it was premeditated or not.

I think the camping trip could have been real. I think them wanting to include her was not.

I just find it so much easier when I choose to disbelieve everything she says. A lot of her lies are obvious and most are self serving-----this 'camping trip' is both to me.

I don't believe anything she says except for the fact that she killed him.

The rest? Zero.

At times, I get the feeling that Jodi would like nothing more than to be able to tell the world in excruciating detail every last thing about her planning and commission of the murder. She thinks she was clever and she wants everyone to understand and appreciate how capable she is of brutality and ruthlessness IMO

She has slipped too often for it not to be true, she won't give up the front because it's just to darned useful for when she meets someone who falls for it.

I kind of get the feeling that the story that JA tells about TA chasing her, threatening to kill her really happened. Except that TA was the one being chased.

And "Kill you b*****" was really "Kill you son-of-a-*****". She didn't hear it, Jodi said it. jmo

There is no doubt, a lot of things occurred in a very short time, I tend to think she does not remember everything, I don't think anyone doing the same would. However, the current claim of PTSD flies in the face of the forensic evidence. Forensics indicate the stabbing activity occured before the gunshot. How is it possible for PTSD to block out the first round of activity but not the second? Jodi's story of shooting Travis first is simply not probable nor possible. I believe it is possible she remembers the exact order of activities (not to imply she remembers every stab) and has concocted this whole story to avoid admitting she shot the man after she slit his throat and he was already quite dead. It appears much less depraved in the order she portrays and the PTSD issue is being thrown out to imply she was out of her mind, wasn't conscious of what she was doing after she shot him and therefore should be excused for it.

No excuse in my world. Her whole testimony of how this went down was made up in an effort to minimize the horrific manner in which she killed Travis. Dr. Samuels is the plea for sympathy or the excuse provider, one or the other, possibly both. How convenient he does not record his sessions, how very convenient he talks about "fog" - no doubt in my mind where Jodi learned that trick pony.

:goodpost:

Isn't JA claiming she can't remember stabbing and slicing Travis' throat because she was in her "fog" and couldn't remember or am I losing my mind???

I clearly remember Juan questioning her and asked her something like, "Do you agree it was you who stabbed him?" Jodi was crying with her hair in front of her face and muttered, "yes" - and then he asked her, "Do you agree it was you who slit his throat?" and she again was crying (?) and muttered, "yes".

So how can she say she has no memory of stabbing him and slicing his throat if she admits to Juan that she did it? Shouldn't her answer have been "I don't know or I don't remember???"

That just sticks with me and can't shake how she can say she can't remember if she admitted doing it.

Her stories are just so absurd. Who, in the middle of a roll in the hay, stretches a rope across a bedroom, down a hall, and into a bathroom to cut it with a knife? No scissors in the house? Why didn't he just stretch it out the door and down the stairs- it's ludicrous. As I write this, who brings that much rope to tie someone to a bed. :waitasec:

There wasn't even any need to cut this imaginary rope! JM even asked her that. So what if it's around your wrists with long ends? What difference does it make?

She even admitted it didn't make any difference at all.

I wonder what Dido thinks about Jodi's little homage to her work.

Why is everyone trying to figure her out?

She's psychotic, narcissistic and passive-aggressive and broken.

I think she will kill again if she gets out or maybe even in general population in prison. She keeps saying this fog started in her teens, are we sure something didn't happen at that age? The police ought to look into that, she wouldn't be the first one to kill someone and it only comes to light years later.
I don't think of Jodi as a woman anymore, I think of her as a killer, stalker and psycho.

And "Kill you b*****" was really "Kill you son-of-a-*****". She didn't hear it, Jodi said it. jmo

Isn't it creepy how she says '*advertiser censored**ing kill you, *****' .. If you change the emphasis she might have said it to herself '*advertiser censored**ing KILL, you *****'. Wouldn't he have said 'I'll *advertiser censored**ing kill YOU, you *****!'?

The way she says it sounds like a call to arms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
azouheir