trial day 33: the defense continues its case in chief #96

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The absolute high points today were Jodi's EPIC eye rolls when Juan asked Samuels if he was having a problem with his memory. Ya think that question irritated just a little her when she was on the stand?

I had Transient Global Amnesia at the end today ... did Palin Willmott complete her redirect when they broke for today?

I knew she reminded me of someone and I couldn't remember who!
Sho cuz look like plain
:floorlaugh:

I bet there is an appeal due to inadequate & ineffective counsel.

Maybe Jodi played the psychologist game on him.

"Face the music
Originally Posted by Ricki
What exhibit. Where did you here this and who brought it up>
Check Samuels suitcase. He had so many exhibits on the stand including notes from his own notebook. I thought about the possibility of them getting mixed up at the time. He is so scattered that it could of easily gotten picked up in err."

Does anyone think Jodi's sneaky folder business is at all related to the missing exhibit?

Why is court late tomorrow? Does it have anything to do with JA's sneaky folder activities?

I think one of the attorneys has to attend a funeral. Just a few days ago one of them had a death in the family.

The absolute high points today were Jodi's EPIC eye rolls when Juan asked Samuels if he was having a problem with his memory. Ya think that question irritated just a little her when she was on the stand?

Yep, should be meme'd for viral toot sweet.

I don't know... I liked JW's question-phrasing breakdown myself!:great:

She cheated on the tests and she is still is cheating! Some subliminal message she is sending to someone.... who?

Does anyone think Jodi's sneaky folder business is at all related to the missing exhibit?

Did anyone notice that Willmot began to get a bit snarky with her expert witness late this afternoon? I bet the jury noticed too.

Asking about the gun she said " What did she tell you about the gun?"

He said " which time?"

Her sharp reply " She only had the gun one time."

How would she get it? Was it on the defense table? Pure speculation but I would not put it past her since she tried sneaking coded magazines out of jail. Just don"t know how she could get away with it.
For the longest time both of her hands were under the table.

Yes, and where she asked what Jodi told him what she did after she got the gun? Ran down the hallway? WRONG bathroom ?

Did anyone notice that Willmot began to get a bit snarky with her expert witness late this afternoon? I bet the jury noticed too.

Asking about the gun she said " What did she tell you about the gun?"

He said " which time?"

Her sharp reply " She only had the gun one time."

NO. There is no way she is sneaking anything into Sherriff Joe's jail. No way.

I find it rather amusing that so many peeps think she is getting away with something. :giggle:

Good evening Panthera! Nice to see you. :seeya:

Nice to see you also!

Still watching HLN. Was any progress made on re-direct or is this just for amusement??!! From what I've watched thus far, it appears Juan Martinez still had the upper hand on this witness.

:D

How would she get it? Was it on the defense table? Pure speculation but I would not put it past her since she tried sneaking coded magazines out of jail. Just don"t know how she could get away with it.
For the longest time both of her hands were under the table.

I don't now- I just know this morning someone posted that Flores was interested in her activities related to her folder activities- and it just dawned on me- geez is all that related-idk??

She hasn't got me fooled ! :floorlaugh:

Not like Doc S on the stand with his disorganization, lip licking mug.

NO. There is no way she is sneaking anything into Sherriff Joe's jail. No way.

I find it rather amusing that so many peeps think she is getting away with something. :giggle:

Yes, that, and that title?, "Erroneous Zones,"? You just can't send something like that to a patient!

You know, it so creeps me out that he may have been suggesting erogenous zones to her. That really makes me feel yucky!:sick:

I question how much impact she'll really have when she's queried on behaviors exhibited by Jodi extremely consistent with an abusive personality. When she's questioned about very common markers in abusers totally missing from Travis' personality. And when she's pushed to the wall over how to explain her seeming willingness to totally dismiss abusive behaviors on the part of the defendant. It is a lot for the jury to get past in order for her to have an impact. And while the entire list may not make it into evidence, this jury has already called Jodi out on controlling behaviors, the hallmark of abusers.

Behaviors consistent with an abusive personality...

Jodi:
Moved to Mesa after their relationship ended - pursuit in a very classical sense.
Slashed the tires on his car - damage to personal property.
Sent a 'warning' email to a prospective girlfriend.
Snooped through his text messages.
Stalked him repeatedly.
In my opinion, very likely cyber stalked him.
Consistently violated boundaries of personal privacy.
Snooped through his online accounts.
Knew his ATM pin # and garage access code.
Dismissed his voiced concerns over them having sex.
Showed evidence of high manipulation through their phone recording.
Isolated Travis in the not so classical sense that because of their sex life, Travis would have been unable to confide the reality of their relationship to many.
Threatened suicide as emotional blackmail.

Behaviors inconsistent with an abusive personality:
Encouraging Jodi to date other people.
Not escalating the relationship to a more serious nature very, very quickly.
No evidence of stalking or harassing Jodi once she moved back to Yreka.
No escalation of violence according to testimony on direct.
No isolation of Jodi - this doesn't mean keeping her from 'his' friends - it means systematically shutting down her every 'outside' resource, sometimes to even include work and family.
No evidence of financial abuse - instead he was lending her money.
Nothing to prove incessant emails, non-stop text messages, or constant phone calls on Travis' part.
No outward evidence of jealousy on Travis' end. Not rising to the level I would expect from an abuser, anyway.
No testimony from friends or family, in court or elsewhere, to indicate an easily triggered temper, impatience, possessiveness, etc.
No proof he circumvented her movements - she didn't live with him and he even lent her his car.
Didn't fly into a rage over a ruined BMW.
Seemingly actively tried to help Jodi on many fronts.

Excellent points made, Brits Kate!.. and IMO they are all spot on as well as they are all glaringly apparent.. lets hope the jury is at the very least making mental notes listing such glaringly obvious facts that indicate that Jodi was the aggressor through and through WRT to the relationship and situations surrounding her and Travis..

Also I wanted to say that IMO even the text messages that the defense actually entered into evidence and cherry picked for dissection of to attempt to show Travis' mean, nasty, and abusive behavior toward Jodi.. IMO even those cherry picked communications from Travis came across as absolutely level headed, diplomatic, and even IMO kindness in such a way that was so undeserving toward Jodi..

Even his statements calling her out on her lies came across as extremely level headed and diplomatic in nature.. IMO even indicating a level of maturity that was way past in light years in comparison to Jodi's.. his saying that he did not want to end up genuinely disliking her as a person and asking that she please not continue with the actions/behaviors that would lead to his coming to dislike her immensely..

i know I'm not at all doing it justice in what I'm attempting to relay about Travis' qualities as a person even when being negatively impacted by such vile individual such as Jodi.. he still handled and spoke to her in a way that his even temper, good nature, and kind soul beamed through his words to her..and again these are THE WORST, MOST NEGATIVE COMMUNICATIONS THAT THE DEFENSE WAS USING..yet IMO even with the defense attempt at twisting Travis' words into abusive threats, the fact that Travis was the complete and total opposite of that attempted portrayal was evident throughout ..

i just sincerely hope that the jury is seeing these truths as well..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member