trial day 34: the defense continues it's case in chief #98

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully, I kind of think it IS pretty much exactly how our system is supposed to work. I do feel horrible for Travis's family having to sit thru this. Especially, after losing him so tragically, then having to hear this woman slander him when he can't defend himself. The way JA has handled this is wrong wrong wrong.

However, as far as our justice system, I do think this is basically, exactly how it's supposed to work. JA has a right to a fair trial, to present a defense, to a jury of her peers, etc., etc. Just like all of us would want if we or someone we cared about was on trial for murder.

I think she's getting a fair trial. And thats what we want, because, if she doesn't, they can appeal it. The judge has to let JW go thru all this (the test questions) if that is the strategy the defense chooses (for better or worse and I think maybe worse I don't know). Juan got to take as long as he wanted (he's much more effective in most observer's opinions and more entertaining tho Im not saying that's his goal)and there are folks who thought it was belabored. My point is that they are giving her a fair trial.

It's the defense job to defend and the prosecutor's job to prosecute. And the judges job to make sure each side gets a fair chance. Thats what they are doing IMO. It's very interesting to watch.

Agree to disagree. Judges are supposed to be competent.

LOL i had the same thought... I heard the sound come on, I ran down the hall, plopped in my desk chair and Poof.. seal went up. It was like thinking its Christmas and realizing its not...gone... all gone.

Jodi will die by natural causes, old age, by the time this is done

Ahh, sadly I recall years ago when my oldest son (may he rest in peace) attended a Christmas celebration with his cousins .. He had like 2 presents and the cousins each had tons (hubby and I were not rich). Everyone opened their presents , he of course done long before everyone else. He looked around the room with a very sad look on his face and said quietly "Is that all there is?" Yup, sometimes.

You forgot:

Blood Atonement Defense Story
Hinky broken finger (double jointed)
Fever Blister Tracking

and

defense witness wheeling his suitcase through the puke

Just an add on, for a split second before I went to click submit reply, I had to re think that anyone would roll through puke :eew:

This new video is a bombshell she mentioned someone told her Travis was desperate to get married
Motive for murder
They had a big fight

Where can I find this video? Thank you!

Speaking of viruses~

The judge should require a doctors note from the puker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the OP of all the threads it has a link titled as the Detective's Investigative Report, that being a link to WordPress PDF document.. this is no longer a working link.. does anyone happen to have a copy of this PDF that they can post, or a new or different link to this PDF detective report?..

Here is the title and link copy/pasted from the Opening Post of each thread in Travis' forum..

"Detective's Investigative Report":
http://grahamwinch.files.wordpress.c...tionreport.pdf/

TIA to anyone who has a workable link to this or knows where I can access a copy of this particular Detective's Report..:)
Hmmm.

http://grahamwinch.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/floresinvestigationreport.pdf

works for me - it just takes a few seconds to load the pdf.

Try loosing the backlash once.

IIRC . . . to be fair . . . I think he said he never spoke with any of her family members (or never interviewed them). But . . . .I think he said he saw a video of her brother being questioned about her @ age 13.

Would this be another interrogation tape that LEO did with her brother? . . . a news or media show? . . . a you tube video? . . . . what video did he see that had her brother talking about this alleged attack @ age 13? . . . was it the same interview that JA's brother claims she came after him with a baseball bat (?) or some other weapon of destruction?

He testified yesterday that he had no input from the family. Did not talk to anyone and in considering his evaluation he only used her input? Today he has information about when she was 13 and that came from her brother. Wouldn't he have been clear under cross that he had also seen a video or talked with the brother??? So it appears he was not truthful, again. jmo

He testified yesterday that he had no input from the family. Did not talk to anyone and in considering his evaluation he only used her input? Today he has information about when she was 13 and that came from her brother. Wouldn't he have been clear under cross that he had also seen a video or talked with the brother??? So it appears he was not truthful, again. jmo

Good Point Lamb!

Can anyone tell me why, this late in the game, we are getting "brand new footage"????

I mean, where has it been? Why is it being released now?

Makes no sense to me.

I saw that footage awhile ago so it's not new. Can't remember where I saw it but definitely did see it if it's the one about her wanting to get fixed up before being arrested.

100 question from the jury

I don't think the number is that surprising. I think Doc S is going to be in for a little surprise when he hears them. After all the jury listened to JA for many more hours than he ever did.:rocker:

Yep - it's unbelievable they would cancel court for that - but what's new with THIS court schedule ?

You would really want to sit there with that smell? I know they will clean it up but depending on how much there was it could have went everywhere. I imagine the people sitting next to the person who got sick may have had to go home and change their shoes or clothes.

Big plate full of country fried steak and fixings, log on to read notes from when they went on break, find out someone barfed in court...

In the words of Peyton Manning, "rub some dirt on it!"

This is the most bizarre trial I've ever watched.

My guess is someone threw up after seeing one of Nurmi's buggers on a legal document.

ITA! It goes to the importance of "chain of custody" in police investigations. If the chain is broken the evidence is inadmissible.

This "doctor" makes the whole field of psychology look terrible, but it is HIS indiscretions and sloppiness and cheapness which discredits HIS practice.

He was too cheap to keep up with the latest textbooks/literature. He was too cheap to even photocopy the test for the subject to fill in the photocopy. He used a FAX copy -- not even a photocopy! That is what Juan referred to, which Doc Samuels had to clarify.

I'm not sure, but I believe that in order to properly run the latest test, you must pay a license fee to have access to the current versions. Just like using legitimately licensed software apps instead of illegally copied and "cracked" versions in your business.

I pay an arm and a leg for my software licenses, yet many businesses profit by using illegal reproductions of the same software. Ugh!

Do you think that these expert witnesses are monitored by an ethics board or would someone like Juan or family have to make an official complaint to the board. I'm sure the doc. has made many mistakes including the book. He's just not fit to qualify as an expert witness and should be sanctioned again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay